I got a Brand New Ford 2014 but not excited???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

zpluffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By zpluffy
Member since 2011 • 281 Posts

Okay, I been using buses to drive me to school for years now. It takes 1 hour and 30 minutes to get there, and another going back. That's a total of 3 hours of bus rides everyday. Finally I manage to save up and do all my research and settle on Ford Fiesta SE 2014. I like the look, the finish, the fuel economy, the awesome ambient lighting, the automatic climate control, the heated seat, the trunk space, the color, the quality, and the overall look. On top of that I got this Brand New Ford Fiesta SE 2014 for net price of 14.5 K which is a pretty good deal for SE models.

But when I got home, I'm disappointed about myself. It just feels like I got a piece of gum or something. Like, I'm not excited at all. In fact, I'm more excited on getting 30 dollar speaker than this. I don't know why, everything right now feels so empty and confuse????

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts

Maybe because you realized new cars are overpriced? Or that cars are a money pit, though offer convenience?

I would of bought a 2012 or 2013.

I drive a motorcycle now 365 so IDC about gas, oil, etc...

I spend about $5 a week (high octane non-ethanol) if I only drive to: school, work, gym, and home.

zpluffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 zpluffy

@Fightingfan:

As for this model, it's actually a good deal for getting this brand new. But yeah, I do agree that cars in general are pretty pricey. But I was already prepared for this price and new way of budgeting when getting a car. But right now, I literally feel nothing about car. Usually when I get new stuff like computers, head phones, tablets, laptops, etc... I get really stoke for couple of days. But now, I literally don't give a shit about the car. No regrets nor excitement. I got home and nothing. Which is why I am disappointed about myself because I'm feeling this way to one of the biggest investments I made.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Because those little liberal eco drive cars suck. You need a Canyonero.

zpluffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 zpluffy

@Master_Live:

I really care less about eco friendly to be honest. It's the price tag of the gas per gallon. The driving is actually pretty fun to drive, funner than my mom's yaris at least. But not excited at all.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44614 Posts

should of got a motorcycle, better fuel economy and easy to find parking, and of course a thrill to ride

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Fightingfan

@zpluffy said:

@Fightingfan:

As for this model, it's actually a good deal for getting this brand new. But yeah, I do agree that cars in general are pretty pricey. But I was already prepared for this price and new way of budgeting when getting a car. But right now, I literally feel nothing about car. Usually when I get new stuff like computers, head phones, tablets, laptops, etc... I get really stoke for couple of days. But now, I literally don't give a shit about the car. No regrets nor excitement. I got home and nothing. Which is why I am disappointed about myself because I'm feeling this way to one of the biggest investments I made.

Maybe you expected your first car to be a V8 gas guzzling monster than does 0-60 in 2.3 seconds?

You have to realize you bought a car that does what you need it to do; take you from A-B. Sadly, there's nothing overly exciting about an econo-car, though the fiesta sure is sharp looking. Maybe you're in need of a road trip as when purchasing a car there's a sense of "Freedom"; as in you have the ability to travel to place you didn't before.

I personally was thinking of the 3-cylinder fiesta Ford has coming out, but realistically I don't travel. Besides I've already learned to deal with driving a motorcycle in the rain, and at 60 degrees (feels like 40 when going 70+ MPH) :P

limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 limpbizkit818
Member since 2004 • 15044 Posts

If anything you should be excited about the time saved from not having to ride the bus everyday.

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Fightingfan

@limpbizkit818 said:

If anything you should be excited about the time saved from not having to ride the bus everyday.

Exactly, and now you should be drowning in duh pu.... since you have car.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10  Edited By br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17877 Posts

@zpluffy said:

@Fightingfan:

I feel the same way about cars...if they didn't require so much work I wouldn't mind an older car, but I hate working on the things so I spend the extra on a newer model.

But overall cars don't excite me. Never have.

When I'm ordering the parts for a new PC, I get all giddy. When I go shopping for a car, it's a fucking chore.

k--m--k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#12 k--m--k
Member since 2007 • 2799 Posts

no one gets excited over buying a Ford Fiesta SE

pretty sure its normal

zpluffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By zpluffy

I just realized that getting this car seems to give me confidence for some reason. I'm a very shy guy when it comes to asking a girl out. I get very self conscious and insecure. I also fear that I might get rejected. But this morning, I start driving Fiesta around for couple of blocks. Then I stop by Starbucks to get some chocolate milk. I saw this very attractive female drinking beverage on her own.

All of the sudden, I felt urge to go up to her and talk to her. I never did this before, but for some reason I have this sense of freedom in that if she doesn't like me or rejects me, I can always 'drive away.' Anyways, I went up to her and straight up told her that she is very attractive in a very serious face. I suddenly realized what I just did, but it's too late. Then, she then look at my blank, pause moment facial expression. She started giggling and introduce herself. I shake her hands and introduce myself as well. I ask questions about college and her major. After that I run out of things to say. But then she start asking questions about me and my school, what I do, hobby etc... She then mentions how it was really cute how I ask her out because my face was so serious and blank. Next thing I know, I'm talking to her without even thinking what I need to say for a good hour. I realize the time, because I have to pick up my brother from school because he is in a little program activity or some sort. I ask her number and she gave it to me. I then said my farewell. I still haven't called her yet because right now sitting in front of my custom built gaming computer, I suddenly become nervous again on talking to her. And now I'm typing this shit.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#15  Edited By ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts

I drive the 2014 Fiesta SE and I love the car. It's no sports car sure, but the interior is fantastic, the gas mileage is great and the features feel top of the line. It's a great car that's sure to last for many years.

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BluRayHiDef
Member since 2009 • 10839 Posts

The reason you feel the way you do is because you're not shallow and materialistic. There's more to you than meets the eye.

FPSunionOWNS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 FPSunionOWNS
Member since 2007 • 2030 Posts

@zpluffy: that's so awesome call that girl nothing to worry about she obviously is into you

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Don't feel bad. I don't get excited with any car unless I push it to the max. Unfortunately, that would involve breaking a number of laws.

I have a friend with a Bimmer who offered me to test drive it. When I asked him I wanted to get on the freeway and push it, he got all gushy and tense. I ended up driving around a few blocks at 35 mph.

I could have the most badass car around. But, if all I do is drive it sedately around town, I wouldn't be excited at all. Might as well stick with my minivan. At least I can lounge and stretch out in the back and watch a DVD movie while the wife goes shopping.

zpluffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By zpluffy

Anyways, if anyone still following my little Fiesta adventure, here's an update. I decided I will call the attractive female character I met at Starbucks tomorrow instead of tonight. I did little bit of research that you shouldn't call the same day you get the girl's number because it might make you look desperate? : | Instead wait for a day or two, that way the girl would wait longer on the phone call and gets all worked up. But when that female receive the phone call, it has more rewarding feeling? I don't know why, I guess it's one of those girl things. But I'll call her tomorrow night and see what's up.

zpluffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By zpluffy

In response to motorcycle riders, Motorcycles are actually one of my first options. Cheaper, more bad ass, fuel, and a lot thriller to drive. But my main concern is safety issue. No matter how good you are, there would always be a higher chance of fatal injuries that can occur if you or the drivers around you made that fatal mistake. But I know people that haven't had accidents after years of driving Motorcycles, Kudos for them.

TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TwistedShade
Member since 2012 • 3139 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

should of got a motorcycle, better fuel economy and easy to find parking, and of course a thrill to ride

Just don't get hit, drive in raining weather, or the snow and you'll be fine.

(Edit) Forgot groceries to!

Jd1680a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#23 Jd1680a
Member since 2005 • 5960 Posts

@zpluffy: Sounds like you got slight buyer's remorse. It happens when you make a large purchase like a car.

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

Never rode a motorbike, but take account on where you live. I used to want one cause is cheap and fast, but there are too many bad drivers here for me to consider anymore.

Perhaps consider swapping to faster car, not a gas guzzler, that'll may make the buyer's remorse go away. Though to be fair you just purchased it, the advantages of having a car haven't quite sink in yet. To be fair, I would of had buyer's remorse on the current car I have handed down, it just makes me miss my old car going from auto to manual feels like a chore in traffic. However as for the bus thing I would seriously never take the bus again on a daily basis, the commute is so meh you'll begin to appreciate that a lot more.

Oh yeah, don't be like me, call back show her your heated seats :D

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178858 Posts

@BluRayHiDef said:

The reason you feel the way you do is because you're not shallow and materialistic. There's more to you than meets the eye.

Oh for fucks sake...it's not shallow and materialistic to like what you spent your money on.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#26  Edited By bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

I'm not a firm believer in driving a car for excitement. Taken a step further, I'm not a firm believer in paying a lot of money for a depreciating asset. Look at it as a pragmatic purchase. Would I like to drive a Nissan GTR Nismo? Hell yes! Would I like to spend $150k for the pleasure? Hell no!

I'm content with my paid-off 2009 Civic. It's fairly safe, reliable, economic, and it does what it is intended to do; get me from point A to point B.

LittleMac19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#27 LittleMac19
Member since 2009 • 1638 Posts

Buyers remorse, it will go away after you realize that driving your own car is far more enjoyable then riding a bus for three hours day with fat sweaty people and waiting at bus stops.

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

>fiesta

i mean, you would be quite hard pressed to find a new car more difficult to be excited about

VaguelyTagged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 VaguelyTagged
Member since 2009 • 10702 Posts

TC, if that's why you've gotten that car, you're not gonna feel any better until that real goal is achieved.