i feel sorry for the hindus dude

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jetkon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Jetkon
Member since 2006 • 301 Posts
their god is a cow.  so they cannot eat ANY meat.  (not just cow meat, beef).  seriously, do you think you could not eat any meat and still be happy?
Beaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Beaman
Member since 2005 • 7305 Posts
ever hear of vegtarian or vegen?........................ :|
randex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 randex
Member since 2004 • 3331 Posts
Some of them also drink cow piss, and smear cow manure through their house. Would you feel happy drinking cow piss and living in cow manure?
Guiltfeeder566

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Guiltfeeder566
Member since 2005 • 10068 Posts
Never, i love my hamburgers. *waits for this to become a religion war*
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
You are terribly misinformed about Hinduism... :(

The More You Know...
mark4091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mark4091
Member since 2007 • 3780 Posts
I'm pretty sure they can eat meat just not one kind, and I believe muslims it's pork and hundus beef?
Jetkon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Jetkon

You are terribly misinformed about Hinduism... :(

The More You Know...foxhound_fox

by little bro was editing that article 5 minutes ago.  he's apparently a PHD in hinduism! :I 

randex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 randex

I'm pretty sure they can eat meat just not one kind, and I believe muslims it's pork and hundus beef?mark4091

Hindus technically cannot eat any meat at all. They are supposed to be vegetarian. But most dont care, and don't follow it.

dreamachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 dreamachine
Member since 2003 • 2071 Posts

hindu's also have shiva... the godess of creation AND destruction

gotta shout out to my man bramah though ;) and vishnu you know im thinking of you :)

ps - and who could forget ganesh! the elephant god! he's a freaking elephant! 

Sandro909

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 Sandro909
Member since 2004 • 15221 Posts
I pity them too.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
by little bro was editing that article 5 minutes ago. he's apparently a PHD in hinduism! :I Jetkon

And those changes will most likely be reverted to their original state shortly.
Jetkon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Jetkon

[QUOTE="Jetkon"]by little bro was editing that article 5 minutes ago. he's apparently a PHD in hinduism! :I foxhound_fox

And those changes will most likely be reverted to their original state shortly.

yeah, like my little bro cares.  one day he's a PHD in hinduism, then next he's a hinduism anaylst--all that just on wikipedia!  

yoshi-lnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 yoshi-lnex
Member since 2007 • 5442 Posts
They don't worship a cow god.....the main two gods of worship are Shiva and Vishnu, both of which resemble humans...
randex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 randex

They don't worship a cow god.....the main two gods of worship are Shiva and Vishnu, both of which resemble humans...yoshi-lnex

But they do worship cows and see them as a figure of god.

needled24-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 needled24-7
Member since 2007 • 15902 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but they don't worship cows, they just believe that some person (I forgot the name) is supposed to be reincarnated in the form of a cow, so they don't want to eat him or anything.
The_Ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 The_Ish
Member since 2006 • 13913 Posts

I feel sorry for you.

dreamachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 dreamachine
Member since 2003 • 2071 Posts

sacred cows make the best hamburgers... apparently

could really go for 1 right now :( 

yoshi-lnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 yoshi-lnex

[QUOTE="yoshi-lnex"]They don't worship a cow god.....the main two gods of worship are Shiva and Vishnu, both of which resemble humans...randex

no....hindus don't worship cows, nor have they ever, the cow is literally taboo in their culture, so they do not eat it.....
The_Madcap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 The_Madcap
Member since 2007 • 148 Posts
I love beef...
yoshi-lnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 yoshi-lnex

Correct me if I'm wrong, but they don't worship cows, they just believe that some person (I forgot the name) is supposed to be reincarnated in the form of a cow, so they don't want to eat him or anything.needled24-7
Vishnu? No, he's not among the avatar incarnations http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avatar

randex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 randex
[QUOTE="randex"]

[QUOTE="yoshi-lnex"]They don't worship a cow god.....the main two gods of worship are Shiva and Vishnu, both of which resemble humans...yoshi-lnex

no....hindus don't worship cows, nor have they ever, the cow is literally taboo in their culture, so they do not eat it.....

no.. not really. Then how come some of them drink Cow Urine? They think of it as a divine creature. I was born in the current day Indus Civilization, I know a little bit more than you.

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#22 dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 16023 Posts
I know it's hard to imagine what you're not used to. I'm a vegetarian and I can honestly say it's not as bad as you think it  is.
yoshi-lnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 yoshi-lnex
[QUOTE="yoshi-lnex"][QUOTE="randex"]

[QUOTE="yoshi-lnex"]They don't worship a cow god.....the main two gods of worship are Shiva and Vishnu, both of which resemble humans...randex

no.. not really. Then how come some of them drink Cow Urine? They think of it as a divine creature. I was born in the current day Indus Civilization, I know a little bit more than you.

Apparentally not, the cow is looked at as a matriarcal figure that is to be respected, but not worshiped......there's nothing within hinduism saying that cows are divine.....
randex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 randex
[QUOTE="randex"][QUOTE="yoshi-lnex"][QUOTE="randex"]

[QUOTE="yoshi-lnex"]They don't worship a cow god.....the main two gods of worship are Shiva and Vishnu, both of which resemble humans...yoshi-lnex

Apparentally not, the cow is looked at as a matriarcal figure that is to be respected, but not worshiped......there's nothing within hinduism saying that cows are divine.....

I know many Hindus that find the cow as a divine creature, ive even talked to some. Whenever a cow is slaughtered out on the streets, they cry. You can't possibly use text book material to someone who's seen this culture first hand.

yoshi-lnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 yoshi-lnex
[QUOTE="yoshi-lnex"][QUOTE="randex"][QUOTE="yoshi-lnex"][QUOTE="randex"]

I know many Hindus that find the cow as a divine creature, ive even talked to some. Whenever a cow is slaughtered out on the streets, they cry. You can't possibly use text book material to someone who's seen this culture first hand.

Then they are worshiping inapproperiatly, the cow is seen as a maternal figure, and I'd expect most people to cry if their mother dies. I'm going to need some proof to your claims of hindus seeing a cow as a diety if this is going to go any further....
needled24-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 needled24-7
Member since 2007 • 15902 Posts

[QUOTE="needled24-7"]Correct me if I'm wrong, but they don't worship cows, they just believe that some person (I forgot the name) is supposed to be reincarnated in the form of a cow, so they don't want to eat him or anything.yoshi-lnex

Vishnu? No, he's not among the avatar incarnations http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avatar

I could be totally wrong about this whole thing, but I don't think the person I was talking about is one of their gods.