I don't feel like leaving home and growing up.

• 68 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MgamerBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 MgamerBD
Member since 2006 • 17550 Posts
You do that...cause I want to move out. So I can have sex anytime I want and not worry about when my mom gets home.
redstorm72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#52 redstorm72
Member since 2008 • 4646 Posts

There is nothing inherently wrong with living with your parents late into adulthood, but there are some things you should probably consider. For one, are you sure your parents are ok with you living there for an extended period of time? Not saying they want you out, but many parents eventually want the house to themselves. Also, you are going to have to live on your own eventually, and the longer you wait, the harder it will become to adjust to that new life style. When all is said and done, moving out and having to take responsibility of you life may be a big change (and honestly, a bit unnerving), but it is worth it. Being in complete control of your own life and being self relient is something to be proud of.

VanDammFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#53 VanDammFan
Member since 2009 • 4783 Posts

you know years ago families use to live together. IF Not in the same house, at least on the same land. They helped one another and lived well..People still do this today..I feel that its hard to make it on your own now days with everything costing so much. SO, if the house is large enough, if everyone is ok with it, if you help out $$$ and with chores, then..I see nothing wrong with staying home..Just dont sit there and live off mom and dad..be a man or woman "which ever the case may be"..excel in life, do well,...

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

I left for basic training the day before I turned 18 but if I went to college instead I would have probably left home after I finished. Basically, you need to ask yourself if you want to get laid or not. I have a buddy who decided to live with his mom into his 20s even after he got his degree. Needless to say, he doesn't get laid very often. You're going to have to leave sooner or later if you want a normal life especially if you have children.

ad1x2

Getting laid never was an issue for me when I lived with my parents, but I realize that individual mileage may vary.

wintermin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 wintermin
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
but everyone should grow up
Tauruslink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Tauruslink
Member since 2005 • 6586 Posts
I feel the same way. I think I'm going to be living at home until I'm at least around 25 or so. I really don't mind since my parents aren't strict or anything.
lilasianwonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 lilasianwonder
Member since 2007 • 5982 Posts
I guess there really is nothing wrong with it but living on your own is such a great experience.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988
deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988
Member since 2008 • 5396 Posts

You don't want to get and apartment with your girlfriend or even by yourself. You don't what your missing. Independent living is so much better. Tetrarch9

Though being able to have/save more money for a while is infinitely better.

I moved out of home to be closer to uni when I was 20. Lived in a small apartment and wasn't able to save that much. Moved back home at the end of last year when I was looking for jobs. Job that I got is relatively close to home so as yet, I don't need to move out again. DEM MONIES.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts
I wish I feel the same way. I would kill to leave home but my family needs me :(
horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#61 horgen  Moderator  Online
Member since 2006 • 127502 Posts

You may think it's all great living with your parents, but try bringing home a date to your parents home. Not good.

sonicare
One of my complains to... I would love to move out, but apartments in this city is ridiculously expensive. First time buyers needs back-up from their parents...
Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

my cousin is like 25 and he still lives with his parents though i think he has a job(not sure). im almost 21 and still live with my parents. I most likely will move out when Im ready and have the money. though apartments are expensive over here

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#63 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
There is nothing wrong with staying at "home." Home is where the heart is.. for now. But as you get older and go through new experiences you'll eventually yearn to have your own place. Privacy will become an issue and your girlfriend or future wife may have a problem with it. You don't have to leave under any circumstances unless your parents no longer want you there, but the situation may arise where you may have to take flight. Personally, I left when I graduated from college. I wanted to leave since 18 yrs of age but I was worried I would lose my job during my college years or feel to much pressure from school and stress out so I stayed with my parents. Independent living is the BEST imho. For me, it has nothing to do with clashing with my parents, I just prefer it that way. If you get "homesick," just go sleepover and spend time with your family.
kayoticdreamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 kayoticdreamz
Member since 2010 • 3347 Posts
this really depends. I didnt move out till i was 26 and went back to college. but during that time my parents took the approach as they did with all their kids we could stay as long as we needed too. also they treated me as an adult because they wanted to get the point across hey you are a man now. of course also i dont think most at age 18 arent really ready to move out either and most teens dont fully mature until their 20s anyway so i think that partly played a role i dont think i was really a full adult until 21 or 22 really and i think my parents understood that and dealt with it accordingly. i had a sister that didnt move out till she was 30 another brother that lived at home while married for 2 years. so ya know i think it depends on indivual circumstances. also a lot of my friends sadly are 26 and one of them is treated like a 5 year old. cant go out but for 4 hours on friday and thats all we ever see of him. another lives at home and has a 10 pm curfew and we see him once every 2 or 3 months if that. i think me and one other person that lived at home were the only ones that were treated as a full adult. which if your not going to be treated like that then really you need to move out either that youve been failed at life and are never going to grow up.in the case of the 26 year old only on fridays person i sincerely think he is incapable of living on his own and wonder how he survived the air force for 3 or 4 years. and i know another kid that does nothing but play video games all day and his parents let him. so ya know i think as long as you are treated as an adult stay at home if you want if not grow up and move out. honestly moving out for the first time was a bit of a shocker but eh i guess i was raised well enough that i could handle it. so ya stay at home but ya know one day it will dawn on you....by gosh i want a GF and marriage. this particular gross reality is dawning on me considering ive been a loner for the most part.
Zeller--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#66 Zeller--
Member since 2009 • 840 Posts

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional :)

Planet_Pluto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Planet_Pluto
Member since 2011 • 2235 Posts

Don't the parents deserve a break after raising their kids and paying for their schooling? At some point don't they deserve their 'alone time' again?

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#69 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
Not me, I'd rather move out which I did since I was 18.. too many people at home 8 or 9 people, too much problems, couldn't even be myself had to listen to everybody fighting etc. but since just you and your parents it might me ok.. To me I just had to move out see a big world out there, find myself and have my own family my own place my own home. just to prove I grew up, Im tough Im a man. There's no way Im going back.