i can't believe England haven't even qualified for Euro 2008...!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GFahim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 GFahim
Member since 2006 • 798 Posts

...what a joke! now the english media will not hype up the Euro 08 just because england are not in it...its a shame man...

any views on this? shud the manager get sacked?

Kid-Icarus-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Kid-Icarus-
Member since 2006 • 733 Posts
Yes, McClaren should go, but its not all his fault. The players just aren't as good as the English media and some England fans like to believe. They are not world class. They should be qualifying for major tournaments, but they can't expect much more. To think fans criticised Sven for "only being a quarter-final manager" ... Getting to a quarter final would be an amazing achievement for these players. Taking England to the quarter finals of major tournaments was over-achievement by Sven.

I'm looking forward to Euro 2008. I'm sad not to see Scotland there obviously, especially after how close we ran France and Italy in our group. But I am immensely proud of the Scottish team, I recognise we over-achieved and think we are making real progression. I'm looking forward to the World Cup qualifiers. I don't think I'd be saying that if I was English.
SolidsnakeY15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SolidsnakeY15
Member since 2004 • 2302 Posts

Yeah I was shocked when I found out... pretty disappointing, I'm not an England fan, but it's always more exciting with more of the better/most popularteams in the competition. That and like you said, the media cares a lot more about England than... heck probably than any other country other than Aussie itself. It's like that here anyway. I'm just so glad Italy made it through!!! FORZA AZZURRI!!! and even though I hate France, I'm glad they made it through ahead of Scotland, hopefully we'll see a final like that of Euro 2000 - without the last minute bull crap - and REVENGE WILL BE SWEET!!!!!!!! :P

And whether anyone likes it or not, McClaren is definitely gonna get the sack.

Kid-Icarus-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Kid-Icarus-

Yeah I was shocked when I found out... pretty disappointing, I'm not an England fan, but it's always more exciting with more of the better/most popularteams in the competition.

SolidsnakeY15

I don't think England are currently better than Croatia or Russia. England play boring football, with very little passion at the moment. I think the tournament will be better without them ... But then maybe that's just my prejudices coming through.
Avatar image for verparanoidpers
verparanoidpers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 verparanoidpers
Member since 2007 • 695 Posts
isn't that because the british pound is a lot more valuable than the euro?
Kid-Icarus-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Kid-Icarus-
isn't that because the british pound is a lot more valuable than the euro?verparanoidpers

Haha! Oh please let this be a joke post?!