I believe that today's RandB and Hip Hop artists are...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

groovdafied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 groovdafied
Member since 2005 • 5012 Posts

...are starting to get very lazy...

I mean think about it. A lot of the new songs I'm hearing are slurring their speech, like Soulja boy and lil wayne. Then you have 112 who's main singer sings through his nose, which many singers have been singing through their nose lately and not providing quality vocal power. Plus when they say words like "the", comes out as duh... plus they wish to demean women too by calling them shorties, but in slur lazy slang pronounced as shawty (shaw-dee, don't pronounce the tuh T sound).

This is a good example of the whole The = duh or this = dis Take you There - Sean Kingston. I mean the song is (on edge) kinda catchy, but I can't stand his ghettofied language. 

Another gripe I have is when supposed "artist" runs out of creativity to write a song. And they throw in a few familiar tunes and just dump a whole lot of HEEEEY HOOOO YOOOOOOU. Another prime example of poor quality writing (in my opinion) T.I.'s (feat. Rihanna) Live life. I was really like Rihanna cause she had some fun songs, but this one wasn't all great at all. I can't stand the main chorus. Another song is Jasmine Sullivan - Lions Tigers and Bears. This song actually had potential with the music, but the chorus is totally LAME! I mean did we really run out of creativity to where we needed to throw in this line of text into the lyrics??

Now I'm not big on lil wayne, because his voice can only go so far without digitally distorting it so it can be actually listened to. My boi thought that the the lil wayne song - Mrs. Officer was really dumb, cause the main chorus contained the only line Wee ooh wee ooh wee, wee ooh wee ooh wee, wee ooh wee ooh wee. I agree the chorus to me is actually funny then lame, and I actually like the melody of the music... the beat in the background is actually soulful and jazzy a bit. Which I don't mind this song at all...

now bare in mind, these are my opinions, and if you really liked these songs, and got offended by my comments, I'm sorry. However without flaming, you are more then welcome to express your opinion as well. I'm trying to keep an open mind. Also keep in mind that I love cla$$ic R&B, Soul and some c l a s s i c (why is cl@ssic sensored??) hip-hop, but todays record companies are dropping dimes for a handful of new artists just to say "we have new singers" and we get this mess.

Avatar image for forgetwatyahear
forgetwatyahear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 forgetwatyahear
Member since 2005 • 6260 Posts
are'nt all artist becoming lazy in today's music industry except for a select few?
airg6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 airg6
Member since 2006 • 4390 Posts

I mean think about it. A lot of the new songs I'm hearing are slurring their speech, like Soulja boy and lil wayne. Then you have 112 who's main singer sings through his nose, which many singers have been singing through their nose lately and not providing quality vocal power. Plus when they say words like "the", comes out as duh... plus they wish to demean women too by calling them shorties, but in slur lazy slang pronounced as shawty (shaw-dee, don't pronounce the tuh T sound).

This is a good example of the whole The = duh or this = dis Take you There - Sean Kingston. I mean the song is (on edge) kinda catchy, but I can't stand his ghettofied language. 

Another gripe I have is when supposed "artist" runs out of creativity to write a song. And they throw in a few familiar tunes and just dump a whole lot of HEEEEY HOOOO YOOOOOOU. Another prime example of poor quality writing (in my opinion) T.I.'s (feat. Rihanna) Live life. I was really like Rihanna cause she had some fun songs, but this one wasn't all great at all. I can't stand the main chorus. Another song is Jasmine Sullivan - Lions Tigers and Bears. This song actually had potential with the music, but the chorus is totally LAME! I mean did we really run out of creativity to where we needed to throw in this line of text into the lyrics??

Now I'm not big on lil wayne, because his voice can only go so far without digitally distorting it so it can be actually listened to. My boi thought that the the lil wayne song - Mrs. Officer was really dumb, cause the main chorus contained the only line Wee ooh wee ooh wee, wee ooh wee ooh wee, wee ooh wee ooh wee. I agree the chorus to me is actually funny then lame, and I actually like the melody of the music... the beat in the background is actually soulful and jazzy a bit. Which I don't mind this song at all...

now bare in mind, these are my opinions, and if you really liked these songs, and got offended by my comments, I'm sorry. However without flaming, you are more then welcome to express your opinion as well. I'm trying to keep an open mind. Also keep in mind that I love cla$$ic R&B, Soul and some c l a s s i c (why is cl@ssic sensored??) hip-hop, but todays record companies are dropping dimes for a handful of new artists just to say "we have new singers" and we get this mess.

groovdafied
Its not that they're lazy. Its just that most of them dont have talent to begin with.
darksword1123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 darksword1123
Member since 2004 • 30121 Posts
overgeneralizing....there are plenty of good underground hip-hop artists out there but I will agree that most of the mainstream hip-hop is terrrible....but its not all the hip-hop artists as a whole.
Avatar image for link01234567890
link01234567890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 link01234567890
Member since 2003 • 381 Posts
Today's hip hop is to reliant on synthesized voices and beats. People need to kick it back to the RAP days of 2pac.
darksword1123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 darksword1123
Member since 2004 • 30121 Posts
[QUOTE="groovdafied"]

airg6
Its not that they're lazy. Its just that most of them dont have talent to begin with.

I'm going to play devils advocate here.....They have the talent to reach a large audience and make music that sells like hotcakes....you have to keep that in mind.
groovdafied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 groovdafied
Member since 2005 • 5012 Posts
[QUOTE="airg6"][QUOTE="groovdafied"]

darksword1123

I'm going to play devils advocate here.....They have the talent to reach a large audience and make music that sells like hotcakes....you have to keep that in mind.

That is true...however I will never know what their taste of music really is if they listen to this.

smokingsbad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 smokingsbad
Member since 2004 • 38455 Posts
Thats why i dont listen to present time music
Lief_Ericson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Lief_Ericson
Member since 2005 • 7082 Posts
Underground Hip Hop is where its at
vidplayer8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 vidplayer8
Member since 2006 • 18549 Posts

Some are, other's aren't.

Just seems like the good stuff tends to get heavily overshadowed.

smokingsbad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 smokingsbad
Member since 2004 • 38455 Posts
Only good person i listen to Lupe fiasco or however you spell it