• 131 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MissRiotmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 MissRiotmaker
Member since 2007 • 8593 Posts
No this won't be a religious debate thread of whether God or Science is the all-power factor in this universe. I just wanted to bring something passed you guys that I heard while I was having a discussion with my boyfriend and a few of his co-workers. Basically, two things. Humans can't be superior to any other given life form. Humans have absolutely no natural defense besides the brain. Second, if God created the Universe... and Adam and Eve... when did the Neanderthals exist? Before or after God supposedly created Adam and Eve? After that... we came across this interesting conclusion. Humans are not of this planet but however our home planet was either completely destroyed or all the resources were used up that the last man and woman (Adam and Eve) were brought to Earth to repopulate... Thoughts? Let's not make this a debate but rather what do you think the chances are the above mentioned is either true, false, possible or plausible? As a Protestant I'm not a highly religious person but i leave my mind open to the idea that Science or God... or even both have something to do with the evolution of mankind and the Universe.
lycrof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 lycrof
Member since 2005 • 6393 Posts
Humans have art. We are better than most other organism's in that regard. And Hail Satan.
AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts

Humans have art. We are better than most other organism's in that regard. And Hail Satan.lycrof

You're going to hell.

Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Hewkii
Member since 2006 • 26339 Posts

After that... we came across this interesting conclusion. Humans are not of this planet but however our home planet was either completely destroyed or all the resources were used up that the last man and woman (Adam and Eve) were brought to Earth to repopulate.MissRiotmaker

reminds me of another belief. (by the way, check out the newest version of that article)

MissRiotmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MissRiotmaker
Humans have art. We are better than most other organism's in that regard. And Hail Satan.lycrof
Every other living life form, mammal, creature, specimen, single-cell on this planet has a natural defense. Why don't humans?
CIoud_S

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 CIoud_S
Member since 2007 • 3216 Posts
While I'm not really up for a theology debate this evening, I will argue the first point simply as this; evolution's goal is to give the individual and in turn the species an advantage. One could argue that the brain is the only defense...but one could also say that the human brain is the most evolved and superior defense of all the animals, as it can facilitate in the defense of us from all predetors.
MissRiotmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MissRiotmaker

[QUOTE="MissRiotmaker"] After that... we came across this interesting conclusion. Humans are not of this planet but however our home planet was either completely destroyed or all the resources were used up that the last man and woman (Adam and Eve) were brought to Earth to repopulate.Hewkii

reminds me of another belief. (by the way, check out the newest version of that article)

I'm going to blow up Scientology and it's followers on my own time. Maybe tomorrow after work. :|
lycrof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 lycrof

[QUOTE="lycrof"]Humans have art. We are better than most other organism's in that regard. And Hail Satan.AAllxxjjnn

You're going to hell.

How so?

MissRiotmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MissRiotmaker
While I'm not really up for a theology debate this evening but I will argue the first point simply as this; evolution's goal is to give the individual and in turn the species an advantage. One could argue that the brain is the only defense but one could also say that the human brain is the most evolved and superior defense of all the animals as it can facilitate in the defense of us from all predetors.CIoud_S
True but humans must manipulate everything. There is no natural defense. Sure we have the brains to manipulate the bad and counteract it. Which also leads me to this... Humans are NOT the smartest creatures on the planet. Dolphins are. * flame shield activated *
tzar3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 tzar3
Member since 2006 • 12393 Posts

Mmm, thats weird, but who knows, maybe we were created by aliens that planted the seed of life on earth? Seed of life is just something that I made up.

MissRiotmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MissRiotmaker
[QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"]

[QUOTE="lycrof"]Humans have art. We are better than most other organism's in that regard. And Hail Satan.lycrof

You're going to hell.

How so?

If you're currently living, you already know what Hell is. This is as close as you'll get, before or after death. :| Unless you honestly believe in the middle of this planet a red-skinned omnipotent demon named Satan runs this labyrinth scorched in flames and searing heat, inflicting torture, agony and pain for all eternity. Last time I checked, the only thing below us is a compact earth of varieties, a molten core... and China. :|
SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#12 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts
How did we come to the conclusion that we're not from this planet? :?
CIoud_S

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 CIoud_S
True but humans must manipulate everything. There is no natural defense. Sure we have the brains to manipulate the bad and counteract it. Which also leads me to this... Humans are NOT the smartest creatures on the planet. Dolphins are. * flame shield activated * MissRiotmaker
Why is the brain unnatural? Most aniumals defenses are only good for a specific predator, leaving it vulnerable to many others. Saying that the human's ability to manipulate things around them is unnatural is a rather big jump in logic. And how do dolfin even come into the equation? x_x
bloodcow666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#14 bloodcow666
Member since 2007 • 83 Posts
my fists have been good enough for me
CptJSparrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 CptJSparrow
Member since 2007 • 10898 Posts
Why does our technology not count? It is a part of our being, our capabilities.
MissRiotmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MissRiotmaker

Mmm, thats weird, but who knows, maybe we were created by aliens that planted the seed of life on earth? Seed of life is just something that I made up.

tzar3
Seed of Life gives you +15 HP I believe... I forget what game it's from and I keep thinking Seiken Densetsu 3 for some reason but I know it's not. But no, you didn't make it up. It's already been made up. :P
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts
The human brain creates....that makes it superior to other animals. Neanderthals lived when they lived. Geneis...not literal..and that actually kicks it to religion when you question...well religion.
MissRiotmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MissRiotmaker
Why does our technology not count? It is a part of our being, our capabilities.CptJSparrow
Is that answering the "natural defenses" portion? If so... it's not natural.
[QUOTE="MissRiotmaker"]True but humans must manipulate everything. There is no natural defense. Sure we have the brains to manipulate the bad and counteract it. Which also leads me to this... Humans are NOT the smartest creatures on the planet. Dolphins are. * flame shield activated * CIoud_S
Why is the brain unnatural? Most aniumals defenses are only good for a specific predator, leaving it vulnerable to many others. Saying that the human's ability to manipulate things around them is unnatural is a rather big jump in logic. And how do dolfin even come into the equation? x_x

It incorporates the thoughts and the debates that are going to follow when the people from the "Are Humans Superior Beings" thread join in. I just thought I'd beat them to the punch. And FYI... every animal has a brain. And don't say Humans are smarter because even Humans arn't always as smart as the other and there are other species that are smarter than Humans. ex. Cats and Dolphins.
lycrof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 lycrof
[QUOTE="lycrof"][QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"]

[QUOTE="lycrof"]Humans have art. We are better than most other organism's in that regard. And Hail Satan.MissRiotmaker

You're going to hell.

How so?

If you're currently living, you already know what Hell is. This is as close as you'll get, before or after death. :| Unless you honestly believe in the middle of this planet a red-skinned omnipotent demon named Satan runs this labyrinth scorched in flames and searing heat, inflicting torture, agony and pain for all eternity. Last time I checked, the only thing below us is a compact earth of varieties, a molten core... and China. :|

The Morlocks don't exist:o

CyberRuler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 CyberRuler
Member since 2006 • 789 Posts
Or maybe you are all figments of my imagination and life was designed specifically around me... think about that... or can you?! :o
Helloiseeu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#23 Helloiseeu
Member since 2007 • 786 Posts
We got brains. And fists and kicks, I guess you can call them that.
MissRiotmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 MissRiotmaker
Or maybe you are all figments of my imagination and life was designed specifically around me... think about that... or can you?! :oCyberRuler
It must be lonely being all alone like that. :(
CIoud_S

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 CIoud_S
It incorporates the thoughts and the debates that are going to follow when the people from the "Are Humans Superior Beings" thread join in. I just thought I'd beat them to the punch. And FYI... every animal has a brain. And don't say Humans are smarter because even Humans arn't always as smart as the other and there are other species that are smarter than Humans. ex. Cats and Dolphins.MissRiotmaker
Umm Just because a few humans are dumber than a cat doesn't mean that humans aren;t smarter as a species. By your own arguement one could say that babies are smarter than adults because some adult "vegetable" exists.
MissRiotmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 MissRiotmaker
[QUOTE="MissRiotmaker"][QUOTE="lycrof"][QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"]

[QUOTE="lycrof"]Humans have art. We are better than most other organism's in that regard. And Hail Satan.lycrof

You're going to hell.

How so?

The Morlocks don't exist:o

No they don't, but Murlocs do. :shock:
MissRiotmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MissRiotmaker
[QUOTE="MissRiotmaker"]It incorporates the thoughts and the debates that are going to follow when the people from the "Are Humans Superior Beings" thread join in. I just thought I'd beat them to the punch. And FYI... every animal has a brain. And don't say Humans are smarter because even Humans arn't always as smart as the other and there are other species that are smarter than Humans. ex. Cats and Dolphins.CIoud_S
Umm Just because a few humans are dumber than a cat doesn't mean that humans aren;t smarter as a species. By your own arguement one could say that babies are smarter than adults because some adult "vegetable" exists.

You completely missed the ENTIRE point of that post. Cats are inherently smarter than Humans... as a species. Did you catch it this time or was it a little over the head again?
Avatar image for DeeJayInphinity
DeeJayInphinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DeeJayInphinity
Member since 2004 • 13415 Posts
Uhh.. our technology comes as a result of our natural brain power. Out tech is as natural as anything.
CyberRuler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 CyberRuler
Member since 2006 • 789 Posts
[QUOTE="CyberRuler"]Or maybe you are all figments of my imagination and life was designed specifically around me... think about that... or can you?! :oMissRiotmaker

I don't need any sympathy from my self... :cry:
CIoud_S

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 CIoud_S
You completely missed the ENTIRE point of that post. Cats are inherently smarter than Humans... as a species. Did you catch it this time or was it a little over the head again?MissRiotmaker
Obviously I missed it because my superioir cat intellect could not comprehend your mindlessly primitive human words. Next time please type it out as Meow...meow meow meow....hiss hiss....Scratch your entertainment center.....meow. Thanks.
DeeJayInphinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DeeJayInphinity
[QUOTE="CIoud_S"][QUOTE="MissRiotmaker"]It incorporates the thoughts and the debates that are going to follow when the people from the "Are Humans Superior Beings" thread join in. I just thought I'd beat them to the punch. And FYI... every animal has a brain. And don't say Humans are smarter because even Humans arn't always as smart as the other and there are other species that are smarter than Humans. ex. Cats and Dolphins.MissRiotmaker

You completely missed the ENTIRE point of that post. Cats are inherently smarter than Humans... as a species. Did you catch it this time or was it a little over the head again?

Lol where do you get this from? How are cats "inherently" smarter than humans?
xSIZEMATTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33 xSIZEMATTER
Member since 2008 • 7045 Posts
10 pages+
iwokojance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 iwokojance
Member since 2005 • 1040 Posts

Lol where do you get this from? How are cats "inherently" smarter than humans?DeeJayInphinity

Yeah, I read that as well. I'm sorry riotmaker, but that's completely ridiculous.

Erasorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Erasorn
Member since 2004 • 14502 Posts
[QUOTE="CIoud_S"]While I'm not really up for a theology debate this evening but I will argue the first point simply as this; evolution's goal is to give the individual and in turn the species an advantage. One could argue that the brain is the only defense but one could also say that the human brain is the most evolved and superior defense of all the animals as it can facilitate in the defense of us from all predetors.MissRiotmaker
True but humans must manipulate everything. There is no natural defense. Sure we have the brains to manipulate the bad and counteract it. Which also leads me to this... Humans are NOT the smartest creatures on the planet. Dolphins are. * flame shield activated *

Yeah, but that's because dolphins are not of this world. :| This is about humans.
Bill900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#37 Bill900
Member since 2007 • 4530 Posts

[QUOTE="MissRiotmaker"][QUOTE="CIoud_S"][QUOTE="MissRiotmaker"]It incorporates the thoughts and the debates that are going to follow when the people from the "Are Humans Superior Beings" thread join in. I just thought I'd beat them to the punch. And FYI... every animal has a brain. And don't say Humans are smarter because even Humans arn't always as smart as the other and there are other species that are smarter than Humans. ex. Cats and Dolphins.DeeJayInphinity

they clean their asses with their tongues, would YOU of thought to do something that ingenious?

domatron23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#38 domatron23
Member since 2007 • 6226 Posts
Have you been stalking me missRiotmaker? Seems like your questions are derived from here and here.
MissRiotmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 MissRiotmaker
[QUOTE="MissRiotmaker"][QUOTE="CyberRuler"]Or maybe you are all figments of my imagination and life was designed specifically around me... think about that... or can you?! :oCyberRuler

I don't need any sympathy from my self... :cry:

It's ok. All my friends... they're figments of my over-active imagination too. :cry:

[QUOTE="DeeJayInphinity"][QUOTE="MissRiotmaker"][QUOTE="CIoud_S"][QUOTE="MissRiotmaker"]It incorporates the thoughts and the debates that are going to follow when the people from the "Are Humans Superior Beings" thread join in. I just thought I'd beat them to the punch. And FYI... every animal has a brain. And don't say Humans are smarter because even Humans arn't always as smart as the other and there are other species that are smarter than Humans. ex. Cats and Dolphins.Bill900

they clean their asses with their tongues, would YOU thought to do something that ingenious?

LOL Cats can sense danger before it happens. Cats can sense death before it happens. Can we?
[QUOTE="MissRiotmaker"][QUOTE="CIoud_S"]While I'm not really up for a theology debate this evening but I will argue the first point simply as this; evolution's goal is to give the individual and in turn the species an advantage. One could argue that the brain is the only defense but one could also say that the human brain is the most evolved and superior defense of all the animals as it can facilitate in the defense of us from all predetors.Erasorn

Yeah, but that's because dolphins are not of this world. :| This is about humans.

There's more proof pointing towards Humans not being of this world more than dolphins. :|
MissRiotmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 MissRiotmaker
Have you been stalking me missRiotmaker? Seems like your questions are derived from here and here.domatron23
No. I won't even bother checking out those links because it was a real life discussion between the six of us including questions that have not been answered even by the qualified.
DeeJayInphinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 DeeJayInphinity
[QUOTE="MissRiotmaker"] Cats can sense danger before it happens. Cats can sense death before it happens. Can we?

:lol: What about spiderman? He has a spidey sense!
MissRiotmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 MissRiotmaker
[QUOTE="DeeJayInphinity"][QUOTE="MissRiotmaker"] Cats can sense danger before it happens. Cats can sense death before it happens. Can we?

Radioactive spider bite. It wasn't a natural defense. :wink:
Erasorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Erasorn
Member since 2004 • 14502 Posts
[QUOTE="MissRiotmaker"][QUOTE="CIoud_S"]While I'm not really up for a theology debate this evening but I will argue the first point simply as this; evolution's goal is to give the individual and in turn the species an advantage. One could argue that the brain is the only defense but one could also say that the human brain is the most evolved and superior defense of all the animals as it can facilitate in the defense of us from all predetors.Erasorn

There's more proof pointing towards Humans not being of this world more than dolphins. :|

Yes such as?
DeeJayInphinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 DeeJayInphinity
[QUOTE="MissRiotmaker"][QUOTE="DeeJayInphinity"][QUOTE="MissRiotmaker"] Cats can sense danger before it happens. Cats can sense death before it happens. Can we?

Ok, what about Aquaman?
domatron23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#45 domatron23
Member since 2007 • 6226 Posts

[QUOTE="domatron23"]Have you been stalking me missRiotmaker? Seems like your questions are derived from here and here.MissRiotmaker
No. I won't even bother checking out those links because it was a real life discussion between the six of us including questions that have not been answered even by the qualified.

I guess they're popular topics.

About the superior question, this is a quote from a book I'm reading about the enlightenment: "What distinguished him (man) from the rest of the animal kingdom was not his eternal soul-made in the image of God-but his unique capacity for reasoned speech" Man is just an animal but he is superior because of his capacities for rationality and abstraction. These metaphysical things transcend the physical survival abilities of other animals such as the cat.

About the neanderthal question. A literal reading of the Bible says that Adam and Eve were created about 5600 years ago (according to the genealogy that me and Revinh worked out). Hominid fossils date back beyond this date so either; the bible is false, the bible is not literal or dating methods are inaccurate.

Hope that helps.

MissRiotmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 MissRiotmaker
[QUOTE="DeeJayInphinity"][QUOTE="MissRiotmaker"][QUOTE="DeeJayInphinity"][QUOTE="MissRiotmaker"] Cats can sense danger before it happens. Cats can sense death before it happens. Can we?

Ok, what about Aquaman?

He's just really... really... weird. :|
Wetall_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Wetall_basic
Member since 2003 • 4086 Posts
Who brought us,in their mercy,to this planet. Why would anyone feel the need to save pre-Earth man. Also,why is their fossle evidence of pre-homo sapien man? And man's brain is,in fact, a natural defense. While we may not win in a bare hands fight with lion,we have the intelligence to avoide such a situation,or at the vary least,bring a gun or some other type of killing insturment.
MissRiotmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 MissRiotmaker

[QUOTE="MissRiotmaker"][QUOTE="domatron23"]Have you been stalking me missRiotmaker? Seems like your questions are derived from here and here.domatron23

I guess they're popular topics.

About the superior question, this is a quote from a book I'm reading about the enlightenment: "What distinguished him (man) from the rest of the animal kingdom was not his eternal soul-made in the image of God-but his unique capacity for reasoned speech" Man is just an animal but he is superior because of his capacities for rationality and abstraction. These metaphysical things transcend the physical survival abilities of other animals such as the cat.

About the neanderthal question. A literal reading of the Bible says that Adam and Eve were created about 5600 years ago (according to the genealogy that me and Revinh worked out). Hominid fossils date back beyond this date so either; the bible is false, the bible is not literal or dating methods are inaccurate.

Hope that helps.

Humans destroy Humans. For a species of superior beings, we sure are having difficulties surviving one another. :|
MissRiotmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 MissRiotmaker
Who brought us,in their mercy,to this planet. Why would anyone feel the need to save pre-Earth man. Also,why is their fossle evidence of pre-homo sapien man? And man's brain is,in fact, a natural defense. While we may not win in a bare hands fight with lion,we have the intelligence to avoide such a situation,or at the vary least,bring a gun or some other type of killing insturment.Wetall_basic
I'd tame it and use it as my dps pet. :|
xxDustmanxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 xxDustmanxx
Member since 2007 • 2598 Posts

[QUOTE="Erasorn"][QUOTE="MissRiotmaker"][QUOTE="CIoud_S"]While I'm not really up for a theology debate this evening but I will argue the first point simply as this; evolution's goal is to give the individual and in turn the species an advantage. One could argue that the brain is the only defense but one could also say that the human brain is the most evolved and superior defense of all the animals as it can facilitate in the defense of us from all predetors.Erasorn

Yes such as?

There are theories that the ancient gods were infact e.ts, theres some evidence in ancient mayan drawings, but thats pretty much it as far as i know...but lets not jump to conclusions.