How to go back to previous iOS? 10 SUCKS!

Conjuration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 Conjuration
Member since 2006 • 3562 Posts

I screwed up big time. I installed iOS 10 and I hate the s*** out of it. Especially Apple Music. They completely took a dump all over that.

Anyway, is there an easy way to go back to iOS 9? I can't find any easy tutorials for iPhone. There must be some easier to follow advice out there, but I have yet to see it.

God damn Apple has lost their minds. It's over guys. It's done. Please help me get out of this s***. Thanks

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

LOL just curious as of what you don't like about the OS besides music?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#3 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

I hate the app management on it

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

new itunes sucks too, all the great album colored stuff is gone it looks like windows 10 bloatware now.

my phone tells me to open twice now instead of just putting my finger on it i have to put it on there wait than click the button again ios 10 is truly awful i wanna go back as well

Conjuration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Conjuration

@n64dd: off the top of my head: I'm not digging the interface of the messages (texting), hitting the home button an extra time to put in my password, and the God-awful, android-like appearance they're incorporating into everything. It's like Apples very own Windows 8. It sacrifices convenience for "style." Everything's too big, requires more scrolling.

I'm most upset about Apple Music. I use that all the time. And now, I really don't see the point of paying for this garbage because I'd have an easier time on YouTube for free. I'm kind of disgusted tbh.

There is nothing bold about iOS 10. It's just Apple finally losing their minds, pulling their pants down and happily shitting on just about everything that made them attractive. Looks like android to me. So if they're desperately humping androids leg with this bulls***, then why am I buying their crap anyway?

Sorry I've been on Apple for years, and I'm having a bit of a moment here because I can see its over. I'm just so disappointed.

Very sorry about the rant. I don't expect anyone to read all this lol

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 N64DD

@Conjuration said:

@n64dd: off the top of my head: I'm not digging the interface of the messages (texting), hitting the home button an extra time to put in my password, and the God-awful, android-like appearance they're incorporating into everything. It's like Apples very own Windows 8. It sacrifices convenience for "style." Everything's too big, requires more scrolling.

I'm most upset about Apple Music. I use that all the time. And now, I really don't see the point of paying for this garbage because I'd have an easier time on YouTube for free. I'm kind of disgusted tbh.

There is nothing bold about iOS 10. It's just Apple finally losing their minds, pulling their pants down and happily shitting on just about everything that made them attractive. Looks like android to me. So if they're desperately humping androids leg with this bulls***, then why am I buying their crap anyway?

Sorry I've been on Apple for years, and I'm having a bit of a moment here because I can see its over. I'm just so disappointed.

Very sorry about the rant. I don't expect anyone to read all this lol

You can set it up where you don't have to click the home button to go in, just hold your finger on the button for finger identification like 9.

Conjuration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Conjuration

@n64dd: thanks but I use an otter box defender. I have to or I'll break my phone at work. Defender blocks the button for finger reads.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 N64DD

@Conjuration said:

@n64dd: thanks but I use an otter box defender. I have to or I'll break my phone at work. Defender blocks the button for finger reads.

Then how were you using your phone in iOS 9?

Conjuration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Conjuration

@n64dd: not sure what you mean? I used it the same way I've always used all my previous iPhones. I never used a finger reader. That's not mandatory. My SE has that feature but I've never used it.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 N64DD

@Conjuration said:

@n64dd: not sure what you mean? I used it the same way I've always used all my previous iPhones. I never used a finger reader. That's not mandatory. My SE has that feature but I've never used it.

how do you unlock your phone?

Conjuration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Conjuration

@n64dd: tap button, swipe, enter numbers. This isn't really the worst thing I don't like. Getting used to this will take time, but I can. But the overall OS layout/appearance and what they did to Apple Music is atrocious. That; I don't think I can used to.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 N64DD

*shrugs* to each their own. I love the update.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By deactivated-60bf765068a74

@n64dd: Sometimes I hold the home button and all it says is phone unlocked.

on ios 9 it auto opens everytime didn't tell me "unlocked" and click to open

on ios 10 sometimes its asking me to click to open after holding it its a waste of my time.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 N64DD

@ProtossRushX said:

@n64dd: Sometimes I hold the home button and all it says is phone unlocked.

on ios 9 it auto opens everytime didn't tell me "unlocked" and click to open

on ios 10 sometimes its asking me to click to open after holding it its a waste of my time.

Go into settings>general >accesbility > home button > at the bottom slide on "Rest Finger to Open".

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44139 Posts

I just updated my iPad to iOS 10 and yeah it seems weird to have to press the home button twice to unlock. Don't see why'd they changed to that.

DrRollinstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DrRollinstein
Member since 2016 • 1163 Posts

Get rid of your iTrash. Thatll solve the problem.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 N64DD

@Archangel3371 said:

I just updated my iPad to iOS 10 and yeah it seems weird to have to press the home button twice to unlock. Don't see why'd they changed to that.

I posted on how you can change it back to normal. They changed it because people would get texts on their lock screen want to see it real quick, but the finger print scanner was so fast it'd go right into your spring board.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-60bf765068a74

@n64dd said:
@Archangel3371 said:

I posted on how you can change it back to normal. They changed it because people would get texts on their lock screen want to see it real quick, but the finger print scanner was so fast it'd go right into your spring board.

yeah that fixed everything for me, did you change any other settings in there on ios10 that will make it any better or just that one?

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 N64DD

@ProtossRushX said:
@n64dd said:
@Archangel3371 said:

yeah that fixed everything for me, did you change any other settings in there on ios10 that will make it any better or just that one?

What are you trying to accomplish?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-60bf765068a74

@n64dd: Nothing really just wondering if there was any other settings you change from the default settings im open to new ideas don't really fool around in there much.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By N64DD

@ProtossRushX said:

@n64dd: Nothing really just wondering if there was any other settings you change from the default settings im open to new ideas don't really fool around in there much.

I change a lot of things around but you'll have to be more specific. If people are having problems with sending the bubble/screen effects, you have to go into settings > general > accessibility> turn off Reduce Motion.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44139 Posts

@n64dd: Ah ok, thanks. I may go and change that back then.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

The bad news is that they don't make it easy to roll back your phone's OS (I don't know any company who makes this easy) the good news is that it's totally possible. YOu'll need to back up your phone before you do it or you'll lose everything.

Here's a link on instructions.

Somps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Somps
Member since 2016 • 1 Posts

I wish I hadn't updated. Now, both my iPhone and iPad are both very slow. I've reset already. Many of my apps are like the Clintons: corrupt as hell. I tried deleting some of the apps and installing again, but they are still corrupt. On top of being flaky, running slow and crashing, the first thing I notice is when I open the app, you'll notice that the icon enlarges and disappears nice and smooth as the app is opening, but now mine gets enlarged as if you were enlarging a very low-quality jpg. It is very noticeable. From there, the apps will either not function properly, such as buttons being off screen or just not being available. This happened a few years ago when I updated to a new version and after being on the phone with a lot of different support people, I ended up having to start completely over from scratch. Do you know how time-consuming that is? And before anyone jumps to "why not restore to when it was working ok?". We tried that. Even going back to several prior backups. So, had to start from scratch with both iPhone and iPad. This fixed the problem, of course, but took me FOREVER to get everything installed and setup like I wanted it. Lost a lot of data that couldn't be restored. Now, back to the exact same situation a few years later. I would rather buy a cheap android than have to go through this time and time again. My devices respond so slow. How can I be having the same problem with two devices? I feel like Apple is doing the opposite of what used to set them apart. They used to have very solid programming. Now, let's let the end user be our quality control. And they don't have to worry about so many different hardware setups like the others have. They have standard devices across the board. How easy is that? No third party hardware to blame it on. Come on Apple. Get it together. Is that a good enough reason not to update to iOS 10?