How to get over mean responses from females?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

frogo0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 frogo0
Member since 2016 • 91 Posts

I am a nerdy, black, Math and Accounting major, and 23 year-old virgin in college.

I say "black" because many people assume I am from Africa, since I have a large nose and lips; when in reality my family and I are from Mississippi. I would say I am fairly unattractive on most days. Only one girl (a bigger blonde girl) seemed interested in me a few years back, but I never had the guts to ask her out to study.

I've tried to hit on many other females throughout my time in college. This is my final semester. One female looked at me like I am a rapist the next day after I tried to talk to her. Another Chinese foreign student stopped talking to me right in the middle of the conversation. Sometimes females give me one word responses to questions. One time I had to do group work with a female, so I tried to talk with her, her response was "What do you want to do? Do you want to do accounting?" and quickly ended the conversation.

I've also tried sexually themed chat sites such as Omegle, but some females can be quite nasty. They sometimes make fun of me and stick their middle fingers up or laugh at me. I have no idea why they can't just press "next." Seems like many are sadistic and want to make other peoples life worse.

How to get over mean responses from females? Thoughts?

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2 deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

Well, that is because you live in Mississippi.... A conservative state. And the fact that you said Omegle is sexually themed chat site you sound pretty ignorant. No offense.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3473 Posts

Just be yourself, be friendly and act normal. I'd avoid using Omegle, it's a crazy world there and it isn't entirely a sexually themed chat site.

The best option is to join societies. You're in your final year at uni, so make the most of it. I regret not going to enough university societies. Wish I had the confidence and guts to push myself back then.

frogo0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 frogo0

@watercrack445:

"Well, that is because you live in Mississippi.... A conservative state."

I go to college in Texas and not everyone I hit on is white.

frogo0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 frogo0

@omegamaster:

Thanks for the advice.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8414 Posts

Ummmm Omegle is a sexually-themed chat site? I never knew...I thought it was just that random chat generator that pairs you up with an anonymous person and you shit-talk back and forth until one of you disconnects.

If online dating is more your thing, try an actual online dating platform, like Okcupid.

Also, don't try to hit on girls just for the intent of the possibility of your own sexual gratification. Most girls will find that to be a huge turn-off, and especially if you lack that experience completely you're in no position to be coming off that way in the first place. I'm sorry, but girls would just find that creepy.

If you haven't found your identity yet, find it. Cater to your personality and ambitions and radiate it. Girls are attracted to guys that positively live for their own enjoyments in life, not for guys that try to cater to others just to get something out of it.

frogo0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 frogo0

@jaydan:

Thanks for the advice bro.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56017 Posts

I live in Atlanta GA and I'm not white either. I'm old fashion but I personally hate those online date sites. I (and always will) prefer to do the old fashion way, go out to places like a cool night club, talk to a woman one-on-one in "person" chat for a bit and see where this goes. I have done it for so many years, I get a lot of info on the woman I'm dealing with. Do not go into sexual drive, keep it clean and keep it cool. Despite I'm very sexual, I try to hit every woman I see but I would never talk about sex just yet, just be yourself without the sex talk and you'll do fine.

Online date sites are just piss-poor and you'll never be disappointed if you just meet the girl in person and I dated several different races woman as well who never look at me the wrong way.

Edit: I'm Black and kinda nerdy guy who really likes to play video games all the time and likes Anime alot.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10413 Posts

odd thread... sounds like a question a 13 year old kid would ask.

anyway, assuming you're legitimately looking for advice - go work out. hit the gym hard. build your confidence. if you do that, i don't care how bad you look now, in a years time you'll look and feel better. and as long as you're not weird, you'll do ok with women

frogo0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 frogo0

@davillain-:

The issue is that one of the most difficult things for me to do is to go up to female strangers and talk with them/.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#11 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6082 Posts

Get a hooker. Problem solved, assuming that you are looking for a first lay,and later on maybe a relationship.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#12  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

A good punch in the face should do it.

Dark humor.

frogo0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 frogo0

@brimmul777:

I agree, but the issue here is that you may get aids.

Avatar image for dr_van_nostrand
Dr_Van_Nostrand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Dr_Van_Nostrand
Member since 2018 • 111 Posts

How do you get stalkers off your back? Got some toxic people around that can’t mind their own business

frogo0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 frogo0

@dr_van_nostrand said:

How do you get stalkers off your back? Got some toxic people around that can’t mind their own business

I don't actually "approach" anyone in a sense. If some female SITS next to me for some time in college, I MAY casually try to talk with them. I may just say "hows it going," or "whats up" or "are you ready for this test. Or I may inquire about their major etc. I never cold approached anyone without them seeming to want it.

I never followed or actually "approached" anyone.

Dr_Van_Nostrand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Dr_Van_Nostrand

@frogo0:

Oh I was just asking simple question. I take it you have never been hounded by stalkers or harassed by people, even at the work place.

There’s a whole crew in Chicago which does such a thing. Very nasty stuff.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

Sounds like you're placing so much importance and pressure upon yourself to meet somebody, that it's making you miserable TC.

Rather than simply hitting on women, you should try and come out of your shell by taking up new hobbies, joining a gym or societies/social organisations at your college as others have suggested here.

My advice for you would be stop making it your mission to find a date, and instead start looking to make new friends. Being more sociable will help your confidence, and a relationship started with somebody who you've taken the time to get to know beforehand is always going to be more meaningful than randomly just asking a stranger to go out with you.

Also lol @ Omegle. Don't take the trolling on there seriously dude.

Dr_Van_Nostrand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Dr_Van_Nostrand

@mandzilla:

Reason to spend less time on the phone and social media. Thank goodness I never got into that stuff.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By mandzilla  Moderator

@dr_van_nostrand: Social media is okay in small doses. A lot of people seem to become addicted with it though.

Dr_Van_Nostrand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Dr_Van_Nostrand

@mandzilla:

Or corrupted

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mandzilla  Moderator

@dr_van_nostrand: I... guess that can happen too lol.

Dr_Van_Nostrand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Dr_Van_Nostrand

@mandzilla:

Yah I know a few

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23  Edited By GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9726 Posts

Maybe this will help. It probably will help you TC.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpjFHKuH-BQELT8lj85vmRw

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

CWEBB04z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 CWEBB04z
Member since 2006 • 4879 Posts

You worry too much. If you like a girl, then approach her, compliment her and ask her out for a drink at a local hot spot. Be outgoing to funny and be able to create a conversation.

Dr_Van_Nostrand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Dr_Van_Nostrand

I’ve never really been dealt such a thing but I have had an entire stalker, harassment, slander campaign thrown against me. The guy showed up at my job one day. Didn’t really say anything. He was just standing there outside. I figured a man would speak up but as he was described by some as “little btch” I guess it makes sense. Anyways, this guy grouped a bunch of his crew together and organized job place harassment. The things people do. What makes it crazier is he has children.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#27 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

In 2016 I had this taco bell worker criticize my looks, and all of the other workers there laughed. I was working overnights and went in for breakfast a handful of times, and I guess I must have something of a double-chin, because her pointing that out drew response from the other workers there.

It bothered me for a bit, but the funny thing is that the girl who pointed it out isn't attractive at all. She's this fat girl with a shaved head! So I guess I can't really be too torn-up when the person slinging insults isn't even attractive.

qx0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By qx0d
Member since 2018 • 333 Posts

I'm afraid mean responses from females are a normal thing. You'll just have to get used to it. Most women will just ignore you though if they're not interested, not give a mean comment.

I'm not even going to get into the "nerdy, black, accounting major" thing. You could be an Asian or white mailman, and some women will still give smartass comments to you.

I've signed up for online dating websites before, and most people say absolutely nothing on them. Very few women respond. I am a white guy myself.

There's a lot of women on Earth. Some will want to date you and others won't. If you keep looking, you'll come across women who'll want to date you, and like I said, others won't. That's how it is for every person on Earth.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By GameboyTroy

@thegerg said:

@frogo0:

Just treat it the same way as "mean responses" from males. You're an adult, get over it.

That is some tough love right there. It's just not my style for this situation.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9812 Posts

A wise man once said;

"We're always looking for miss perfect. Stop doing that and look for someone as Fu**ed up as we are, and we'll go through life happy"

(Eddie Murphy)

I'm paraphrasing, and you're probably not looking for miss perfect...but I like the quote and I think it applies to most people. Your question was how to get over mean girls; don't give them a second thought. They aren't attracted to you, and that's their defence mechanism kicking in....they are making it very clear they aren't interested. That's all....don't take it personally.

Try talking to those same girls about anything else, and they'll probably be happy talking to you at length, and that's the best way to find out who genuinely likes you as a person, and it's the first step to finding out if a person wants to spend more time with you.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18791 Posts

@sealionact:

I wouldn't take Eddie Murphy seriously.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

Troll OP post, I could tell

Avatar image for deactivated-5d8cc56f960a5
deactivated-5d8cc56f960a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-5d8cc56f960a5
Member since 2018 • 557 Posts

Be kind and smile.Say Nothing and Walk Away.

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 HEATHEN75
Member since 2018 • 1678 Posts

I just put my headset on so I don't have to hear my wife anymore.

Avatar image for adingoatemybaby
ADingoAteMyBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ADingoAteMyBaby
Member since 2016 • 63 Posts

@heathen75 said:

I just put my headset on so I don't have to hear my wife anymore.

Wives are so annoying.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#36 skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

Do a joey from Friends. "How you Doin"?.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 mandzilla  Moderator

How does one get over mean responses from Gamespotters though?

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 GameboyTroy

One way to get over mean responses is to probably laugh it off.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d8cc56f960a5
deactivated-5d8cc56f960a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-5d8cc56f960a5
Member since 2018 • 557 Posts

@mandzilla said:

How does one get over mean responses from Gamespotters though?

Report to mods :P

Sideer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Sideer
Member since 2018 • 29 Posts

learn to detect if a woman is attracted to you before to hit on her !! so u won't have any negative responses anymore ! it's really easy guys a girl don't try to hide it if she's interrested