How to Approach a Girl for Dummies

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Video_Game_King
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 0

#101 Video_Game_King
Member since 2003 • 27545 Posts
[QUOTE="Video_Game_King"]

[QUOTE="SolidSnake35"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]And to be honest....even if you get turned down...that's it. Nothing more happens.SolidSnake35

Not true. The weird friend who happens to be listening in will stare at you at regular intervals for the following year.

And the gossiper could spread rumors like "SolidSnake35 (assuming we're all in some Internet high school) has a crush on Jessica Alba" or "Did you hear? Snakey's (nickname) dating Emma Watson (that is her last name, right?)!"

You can spread the last rumor all you want. :P But seriously, I wouldn't tell anyone I didn't trust. Besides, I think the people I'm around are mature enough to not do that anyway.

People can be a lot more immature and cruel than you give them credit for.

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#102 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts

Well, i need some girl help. So BAM, girl-thread time.

I have no problem approaching girls. I'm fine with that. I also had the perfect first-date setup through a couple years experience. We meet up in town, walk to a really awesome italian restaurant which isn't too expensive, does amazing food, plus is really lively and busy so it's not awkward and you can sit and talk about anything. Then after that, a walk over to a little cafe which hardly anyone in the city knows about because it's hidden away in an awesome place. I get kudos for being aware of such a cool location. We drink coffee/hot chocolate, talk about stuff, i offer to drive her home, the night ends well.

Perfect? Hell yes. But now it's ruined. RUINED. Because it would seem that this is now known as "The Ninja Date" only with my real name instead of Ninja which you cant know because you might hack my computer and steal my megahurtz. I even had two people who i'd taken on the exact same date talking about how great and special they thought it was, laughing about how they didn't think i'd do the exact same thing with different girls.

DAMMIT ALL!

So now i need a new perfect date. Because the girl i'm meant to be going out with on saturday just sent me a text saying "If this is just the ninja date i'm gonna be pissed x"

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

Well, i need some girl help. So BAM, girl-thread time.

I have no problem approaching girls. I'm fine with that. I also had the perfect first-date setup through a couple years experience. We meet up in town, walk to a really awesome italian restaurant which isn't too expensive, does amazing food, plus is really lively and busy so it's not awkward and you can sit and talk about anything. Then after that, a walk over to a little cafe which hardly anyone in the city knows about because it's hidden away in an awesome place. I get kudos for being aware of such a cool location. We drink coffee/hot chocolate, talk about stuff, i offer to drive her home, the night ends well.

Perfect? Hell yes. But now it's ruined. RUINED. Because it would seem that this is now known as "The Ninja Date" on with my real name instead of Ninja which you cant know because you might hack my computer and steal my megahurtz. I even had two people who i'd taken on the exact same date talking about how great and special they thought it was, laughing about how they didn't think i'd do the exact same thing with different girls.

DAMMIT ALL!

So now i need a new perfect date. Because the girl i'm meant to be going out with on saturday just sent me a text saying "If this is just the ninja date i'm gonna be pissed x"

Ninja-Hippo

:lol: Dude if the girls ever come into the same vacinity of each other...you have to have different dates.

Avatar image for the_foreign_guy
the_foreign_guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 the_foreign_guy
Member since 2005 • 22657 Posts

Ninja wall of text

Ninja-Hippo

Can't help you with that, I always have trouble picking a locale for a first date. :P Usually I take them out to dinner, movies (never on the first date though), the bowling alley, miniature golfing, and even a picnic. Hmm, actually that's not a bad idea. Picnic at the park?

dak_phoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#105 dak_phoenix
Member since 2006 • 7380 Posts
nice guide, it should be stickied
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Ninja-Hippo
Sorry about the wall of text by the way. I just got a message on my phone and went into rant mode. :P
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Ninja-Hippo

:lol: Dude if the girls ever come into the same vacinity of each other...you have to have different dates.

LJS9502_basic

But i went out with them like eight months apart. And it's a really good first date. :cry:

blooddemon666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 blooddemon666
Member since 2003 • 22587 Posts

may I add my words of wisdom?

[Warning, unformatted rantings of a caffinated brain]

When people ask for relationship advice, the absolute most common response is "just be yourself"

And in my opinion... that is the absolute worst advice one could give. :| By "just being myself" I have ended up not getting any dates, or any girls interested in me on a deep level for 20 years and some change.

But what should the advice be that a questing relationship seeker gets. Well, I don't say "just be yourself" I say "be who you want to be"

They seem quite similar, but are very different. In no way am I telling you to put on a false facade when around girls you're interested in. that's worse advice than JBY. I say "be who you want to be" for one reason, and one reason only. Guys asking for relationship advice have been themselves the whole time.

Be who you want to be. Essentially means:

Ask yourself this question: If I were gay what traits would I like to find in a guy?
Buff? Personable? Funny? Intelligent? Kind? etc
Pick 3-4 traits and then mold yourself in your day to day life to exemplify those traits.
Want to be personable? talk to everyone you meet*
Want to be funny? Make everyone you meet laugh*
Want to be more knowledgeable about stuff? READ UP ON THINGS THAT ARE INTERESTING
Want to exemplify kindness? Volunteer.
You know the drill.

And the awesome thing about that, is not only can you use these ideas to pick up girls, you can use them in your every day life to great effect.

Essentially what I'm trying to say is generally improve yourself and people (primarily girls) and opportunities (with said girls) will flock to you.

"What the hell do the asterisks(for teh idortz out there this is an asterisk >*) mean?" Good question. The asterisks, if you'll notice are next to things that are about everyone you meet. Now I don't mean people you're introduced to at parties. People you meet EVERY DAY. People in line next to you at taco bell, people browsing the same isle as you in wal-mart, People sitting next to you at starbucks. Anyone And Everyone You Meet.

"But BD, what if they think i'm an idiot?" haha, silly, silly you. What are the chances of you seeing them again. If you live in any city or town that is on a map, you are likely not to see them again.

"Why talk to everyone." To get you comfortable in your own skin. A person should be comfortable as themselves before they seek the companionship of another. As many know, I'm fugly, but I'm confident enough in my personality that when I talk to someone, they will be generally interested. A cool fact I learned, People Like To Be Talked To.

More to come

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

Ninja-Hippo

But i went out with them like eight months apart. And it's a really good first date. :cry:

Girls compare notes. Always....

the_foreign_guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 the_foreign_guy
[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

LJS9502_basic

Girls compare notes. Always....

You sound like this one girl commercial, and the dots at the end don't help...:?

the_foreign_guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 the_foreign_guy
Of course it's better to try to improve yourself blooddemon. If you're done editing, I'll add it to the OP.
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Video_Game_King

may I add my words of wisdom?

[Warning, unformatted rantings of a caffinated brain]

When people ask for relationship advice, the absolute most common response is "just be yourself"

And in my opinion... that is the absolute worst advice one could give. :| By "just being myself" I have ended up not getting any dates, or any girls interested in me on a deep level for 20 years and some change.

But what should the advice be that a questing relationship seeker gets. Well, I don't say "just be yourself" I say "be who you want to be"

They seem quite similar, but are very different. In no way am I telling you to put on a false facade when around girls you're interested in. that's worse advice than JBY. I say "be who you want to be" for one reason, and one reason only. Guys asking for relationship advice have been themselves the whole time.

Be who you want to be. Essentially means:

Ask yourself this question: If I were gay what traits would I like to find in a guy?
Buff? Personable? Funny? Intelligent? Kind? etc
Pick 3-4 traits and then mold yourself in your day to day life to exemplify those traits.
Want to be personable? talk to everyone you meet*
Want to be funny? Make everyone you meet laugh*
Want to be more knowledgeable about stuff? READ UP ON THINGS THAT ARE INTERESTING
Want to exemplify kindness? Volunteer.
You know the drill.

And the awesome thing about that, is not only can you use these ideas to pick up girls, you can use them in your every day life to great effect.

Essentially what I'm trying to say is generally improve yourself and people (primarily girls) and opportunities (with said girls) will flock to you.

"What the hell do the asterisks(for teh idortz out there this is an asterisk >*) mean?" Good question. The asterisks, if you'll notice are next to things that are about everyone you meet. Now I don't mean people you're introduced to at parties. People you meet EVERY DAY. People in line next to you at taco bell, people browsing the same isle as you in wal-mart, People sitting next to you at starbucks. Anyone And Everyone You Meet.

"But BD, what if they think i'm an idiot?" haha, silly, silly you. What are the chances of you seeing them again. If you live in any city or town that is on a map, you are likely not to see them again.

"Why talk to everyone." To get you comfortable in your own skin. A person should be comfortable as themselves before they seek the companionship of another. As many know, I'm fugly, but I'm confident enough in my personality that when I talk to someone, they will be generally interested. A cool fact I learned, People Like To Be Talked To.

More to come

blooddemon666

Being who you want to be can often times backfire horribly. I try to be humorous, but often times come across as awkward or unlistened to. Trying to become more powerful/listened to would most likely fizzle due to the fact that nobody would listen to me. Working out to make myself stronger would backfire by making my muscles ache for a week and a half, resulting in no progress whatsoever. Being suave would result in me looking like an utter dick, and imposing would make me seem like a weirdo. Smart would result in you looking like an a-hole to those who are of average intelligence and most likely an idiot referring to whatever they just read a synopsis of to those who actually are smart. And I assume you live in a city and get out often, as this can backfire for those who live in a small community and see the same people often.

the_foreign_guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 the_foreign_guy

Being who you want to be can often times backfire horribly. I try to be humorous, but often times come across as awkward or unlistened to. Trying to become more powerful/listened to would most likely fizzle due to the fact that nobody would listen to me. Working out to make myself stronger would backfire by making my muscles ache for a week and a half, resulting in no progress whatsoever. Being suave would result in me looking like an utter dick, and imposing would make me seem like a weirdo. Smart would result in you looking like an a-hole to those who are of average intelligence and most likely an idiot referring to whatever they just read a synopsis of to those who actually are smart. And I assume you live in a city and get out often, as this can backfire for those who live in a small community and see the same people often.

Video_Game_King

Depends on how much you do it. If you do it in baby steps, that can improve who you are. Example, shy person talks more. But I guess it depends on what you're trying to improve, and how much you do it.

blooddemon666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 blooddemon666

Being who you want to be can often times backfire horribly. I try to be humorous, but often times come across as awkward or unlistened to. Trying to become more powerful/listened to would most likely fizzle due to the fact that nobody would listen to me. Working out to make myself stronger would backfire by making my muscles ache for a week and a half, resulting in no progress whatsoever. Being suave would result in me looking like an utter dick, and imposing would make me seem like a weirdo. Smart would result in you looking like an a-hole to those who are of average intelligence and most likely an idiot referring to whatever they just read a synopsis of to those who actually are smart. And I assume you live in a city and get out often, as this can backfire for those who live in a small community and see the same people often.Video_Game_King

The beauty of being human is that you (should) learn from your mistakes. :|

Baww about looking like an idiot, they'll forget about you as fast as you forget about them (unless you make a total ass of yourself)

Baww about muscle aches, the pain tells you its working.

blooddemon666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 blooddemon666

Of course it's better to try to improve yourself blooddemon. If you're done editing, I'll add it to the OP.the_foreign_guy
Cool :D if you see anything that needs improving, go for it! I'm all for open source posting :|

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Video_Game_King

[QUOTE="Video_Game_King"]Being who you want to be can often times backfire horribly. I try to be humorous, but often times come across as awkward or unlistened to. Trying to become more powerful/listened to would most likely fizzle due to the fact that nobody would listen to me. Working out to make myself stronger would backfire by making my muscles ache for a week and a half, resulting in no progress whatsoever. Being suave would result in me looking like an utter dick, and imposing would make me seem like a weirdo. Smart would result in you looking like an a-hole to those who are of average intelligence and most likely an idiot referring to whatever they just read a synopsis of to those who actually are smart. And I assume you live in a city and get out often, as this can backfire for those who live in a small community and see the same people often.blooddemon666

The beauty of being human is that you (should) learn from your mistakes. :|

Baww about looking like an idiot, they'll forget about you as fast as you forget about them (unless you make a total ass of yourself)

Baww about muscle aches, the pain tells you its working.

Yea, but humans don't forget, Humans hold grudges, and reputations stick. They don't come off.

See above.

I know how it works, your muscles develop cracks that heal over a period of time. This essentially means you are harming your body. If your throat hurt every time you ate and the pain didn't subside for a whole damn week, you'd be dead fairly quickly.

VacantPsalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 VacantPsalm
Member since 2008 • 3600 Posts
I think im just too shy to ask a girl out cuz i really dont want to mess up the first impression, because im really picky : /
srsly ive like about 3 girls in the past 4 yearsRabidChocobo1
Dude, that's better them me. I've been going to a community college for a few years and I've seen one, ONE, girl that I've actually though, "she's pretty cute, I'd ask her out." Unfortunately I haven't seen her since, and that was well over a year ago.
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#118 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts
haha nice guide.
gameroz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 gameroz
Member since 2005 • 2900 Posts
understanding girls.
blooddemon666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 blooddemon666

Yea, but humans don't forget, Humans hold grudges, and reputations stick. They don't come off.

See above.

I know how it works, your muscles develop cracks that heal over a period of time. This essentially means you are harming your body. If your throat hurt every time you ate and the pain didn't subside for a whole damn week, you'd be dead fairly quickly.

Video_Game_King

As TFG stated, take it in baby steps. I doubt someone standing next to you in line at wendy's will murder you in your sleep for telling a bad joke. They'll look at you like you're in idiot. Whoop DEE ******* DOO!! You'll never see that person again, so why bother what some stranger thinks about you.

Think of it this way, other people, can be your Guinea pigs to determine where you feel comfortable on the "self improvement" scale

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Video_Game_King

See above.

blooddemon666

As TFG stated, take it in baby steps. I doubt someone standing next to you in line at wendy's will murder you in your sleep for telling a bad joke. They'll look at you like you're in idiot. Whoop DEE ******* DOO!! You'll never see that person again, so why bother what some stranger thinks about you.

Think of it this way, other people, can be your Guinea pigs to determine where you feel comfortable on the "self improvement" scale

First, small town can create a lot of harm. You may see a coworker in line, and they'll have heard that joke. And who knows, they could be totally evil and absolutely destroy you by giving you the reputation of a bad, bad comedian. And besides, being a comedian makes you look like a total dick.

Guinea pigs bite. These people can screw you over horribly. And there's always bound to be somebody else nearby who knows you and knows many people.

luisen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#122 luisen123
Member since 2006 • 6537 Posts

good that I don't have to make a new thread about this:

I recently been talking and doing stuff with the girl I like (note: she doesn't know I like her), then when she returns from the beach and I was asking her if she had a good time, she just randomnly hugs me and says to me: "I love you", you can imagine the shock I was in, I all I did was reply with: "I love you too" and then she just gets all happy kiss me in the cheek and says goodbye...

I haven't talk to her since then (note: It happened yesterday), because I been busy with school and stuff, I hope to be able to chat with through AIM tonight, but I don't know what to do...

help this dummy please.

Sajedene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Sajedene
Member since 2004 • 13718 Posts

This thread is an awesome (and hilarious) read!

But reading it and exercising it are two different things.

I used to do a module for my sorority in regards to self confidence and getting people to like you - but I dont know if I'm up to typing it up. Maybe if it becomes apparently needed. Its really easy stuff anyway.

blooddemon666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 blooddemon666

First, small town can create a lot of harm. You may see a coworker in line, and they'll have heard that joke. And who knows, they could be totally evil and absolutely destroy you by giving you the reputation of a bad, bad comedian. And besides, being a comedian makes you look like a total dick.

Guinea pigs bite. These people can screw you over horribly. And there's always bound to be somebody else nearby who knows you and knows many people.

Video_Game_King

You're talking about reputations like they're some terrible thing. Just today I was told by a girl that I went to school with, "I always thought you were a nerd, but you're a pretty cool guy."

You're just looking at the negatives. (I mean srsly... "Guinea pigs bite." o_0) I used to be like you. Always trying to justify the fact that I was a loser. (I still am) But now I'm taking EFFORT to change that.

Its amazing what a little effort and willpower to change yourself can earn you.

blooddemon666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 blooddemon666

I used to do a module for my sorority in regards to self confidence and getting people to like you - but I dont know if I'm up to typing it up. Maybe if it becomes apparently needed. Its really easy stuff anyway.

Sajedene
Definatly. If you have the time Post a Cliff Notes version for us :D
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 LJS9502_basic

Sajedene

You've returned from bannage?

LiquidZ08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#127 LiquidZ08
Member since 2004 • 8820 Posts
Ohh I love these threads to no end :lol: ..
the_foreign_guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 the_foreign_guy

Sajedene

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it. You're a girl? Yay! People on here can easily talk to you, but when they do irl, it becomes difficult for some reason. If you can post that module, it would be greatly appreciated, but not required.

I recently been talking and doing stuff with the girl I like (note: she doesn't know I like her), then when she returns from the beach and I was asking her if she had a good time, she just randomnly hugs me and says to me: "I love you", you can imagine the shock I was in, I all I did was reply with: "I love you too" and then she just gets all happy kiss me in the cheek and says goodbye...

I haven't talk to her since then (note: It happened yesterday), because I been busy with school and stuff, I hope to be able to chat with through AIM tonight, but I don't know what to do...

help this dummy please.

luisen123

Sounds like she likes you imo. I would say go ask her out, but don't do it online. It's better in person.

Sajedene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Sajedene
[QUOTE="Sajedene"]

LJS9502_basic

Yup! You're all stuck with me again!

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Video_Game_King

blooddemon666

You're talking about reputations like they're some terrible thing. Just today I was told by a girl that I went to school with, "I always thought you were a nerd, but you're a pretty cool guy."

You're just looking at the negatives. (I mean srsly... "Guinea pigs bite." o_0) I used to be like you. Always trying to justify the fact that I was a loser. (I still am) But now I'm taking EFFORT to change that.

Its amazing what a little effort and willpower to change yourself can earn you.

Reputation can be everything. Reputation can prevent you from getting a job. Any way to get around that?

You wish to know why I look at the negative? Not this "world's a bad place" crap, but rather the "it will crush you horribly if you think things are getting better" crap. If you develop any self confidence, any joy or benefit whatsoever, everyone around you will do what they can to stomp it into the ground and make sure your life is Hell. And if I were to even try, it'd backfire horribly and destroy me. Fire Emblem 4 (don't say "video games can't deliver meaningful messages", lest you wish to destroy your credibilty).

But once you earn that, its immediately going to be taken away from you, usually given to some a-hole who doesn't deserve it and will abuse it horribly.

blooddemon666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 blooddemon666

Reputation can be everything. Reputation can prevent you from getting a job. Any way to get around that?

You wish to know why I look at the negative? Not this "world's a bad place" crap, but rather the "it will crush you horribly if you think things are getting better" crap. If you develop any self confidence, any joy or benefit whatsoever, everyone around you will do what they can to stomp it into the ground and make sure your life is Hell. And if I were to even try, it'd backfire horribly and destroy me. Fire Emblem 4 (don't say "video games can't deliver meaningful messages", lest you wish to destroy your credibilty).

But once you earn that, its immediately going to be taken away from you, usually given to some a-hole who doesn't deserve it and will abuse it horribly.

Video_Game_King

Alright, I'm done trying to convince you to take just one or two steps to attempt improvement..

I assume you live in a small town or whatever where reputation is super important. Which is a bull**** excuse too if you just take small baby steps to change, you'll find that a reputation isn't this insurmountable hurdle that is place upon your shoulders like atlas' weight.

Sajedene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Sajedene
[

Video_Game_King

Negativity begets negativity.

How can anyone function and progress with thinking like that?

To me, that is just plain fear. Life is risky. You are taking risks as soon as you were conceived. But to just expect the world to be against you not only fuels people to step on you - since you've obviously given up, but it also means that you are just one more person who just takes it.

Yes reputation can be everything - but you can change reputation EASY. Just like how you can change other people around you.

Now I feel motivated to type my module up. lol. Should I just type it in this thread?

blooddemon666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 blooddemon666

To me, that is just plain fear. Life is risky. You are taking risks as soon as you were conceived. But to just expect the world to be against you not only fuels people to step on you - since you've obviously given up, but it also means that you are just one less person who just takes it.

Yes reputation can be everything - but you can change reputation EASY. Just like how you can change other people around you.

Now I feel motivated to type my module up. lol. Should I just type it in this thread?

Sajedene
Hells yeah! :P I'll save it so you don't have to type it again. If another one of these threads pop up, I'll copy-paste it and save you the effort :P
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Ninja-Hippo

help this dummy please.

luisen123

A girl hugged you and said she loved you. You like her also. What's the problem? :P

Thechaninator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Thechaninator
Member since 2005 • 5187 Posts
[QUOTE="Video_Game_King"][

Sajedene

To me, that is just plain fear. Life is risky. You are taking risks as soon as you were conceived. But to just expect the world to be against you not only fuels people to step on you - since you've obviously given up, but it also means that you are just one more person who just takes it.

I also think it's important to point out that stereotypes (part of your reputation) are something that can work in your favor.

After all, there are girls who are really turned on by geeks like me (albeit I have my own reasons for a lack of a girlfriend) you just gotta find them.

Thechaninator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Thechaninator
[QUOTE="luisen123"]

help this dummy please.

Ninja-Hippo

A girl hugged you and said she loved you. You like her also. What's the problem? :P

Knowing me I would think she was BS'ing me, but I have a bad anxiety problem that I am working on at the moment.....

blooddemon666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 blooddemon666

Knowing me I would think she was BS'ing me, but I have a bad anxiety problem that I am working on at the moment.....

Thechaninator

at least you're taking steps to improve yourself... unlike someone else who posts on this board o_0

...not naming any names or anything :|

the_foreign_guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 the_foreign_guy
[QUOTE="Sajedene"]

To me, that is just plain fear. Life is risky. You are taking risks as soon as you were conceived. But to just expect the world to be against you not only fuels people to step on you - since you've obviously given up, but it also means that you are just one less person who just takes it.

blooddemon666

Hells yeah! :P I'll save it so you don't have to type it again. If another one of these threads pop up, I'll copy-paste it and save you the effort :P

I'll also include it in the original post. :)

Whicker89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#139 Whicker89
Member since 2004 • 18919 Posts
Didnt you post this ages ago :\
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="Thechaninator"]

blooddemon666

at least you're taking steps to improve yourself... unlike someone else who posts on this board o_0

But I'm near perfection....I can't improve anymore....:cry:

[spoiler] Joke....only kidding I am perfect. Kidding..or am I.:o [/spoiler]

the_foreign_guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 the_foreign_guy
Also..."Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation.Your character is what you really are while your reputation is merely what others think you are." ;)
xSIZEMATTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#142 xSIZEMATTER
Member since 2008 • 7045 Posts
[QUOTE="Sajedene"]

LJS9502_basic

Thats what I was thinking lol.

Thechaninator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Thechaninator
[QUOTE="Thechaninator"]

blooddemon666

Yeah it is a painfully slow process.

I got over my depression within the past year so now it is time to put things in place. I am trying to lose weight and get into shape, trying to pick up and be a responsible adult (gotta love how everything just gets thrown at you all at once), but the one thing I haven't really made much progress on is the way I percieve myself. I am a totally confident person in every way and yet I see myself as completely undateable.

I want to make a move but I am not sure if I should ask this girl at work at and if so I need to try and find a way to get her number and AIM adress which is hard because at fast food you don't really get much chance to talk to anyone 1 on 1 and I also don't know how to bring it up without being too direct and just bringing it out of the blue.....

The other problem is if I do get a GF they have to be completely uderstanding of my anxiety. I don't have the time or money for treatment so it is something I am trying to find a way to fight through on my own. I am still at a point where I dread driving because I always fear my car is gonna fall apart (my tire rods are bent and I need to get them fixed) and while my anxiety isn't sever enough to get in the way of my working or school it is bad enough to kill alot of my socail life (Still have a very tight group of friends with people I have known since Elementary school) and I am sure it is wreaking havoc on my body (I can only assum it is the major factor that caused my hiatial hernia which is a condition I am going to have to deal with the rest of my life.)....

blooddemon666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 blooddemon666

Thechaninator

I'm essentially the same way. I used to be extremely shy. Now that I've worked at it, I'm quite social. As you, I don't see myself date-material (who would want to date the ass end of a cow?)

I agree that it is a very slow process. But I just take it one step at a time. In the back of my head, before I walk out of my house, I think of one thing I want to do before I get home. An attainable goal, nothing extraordinary. For example make small talk with at least 4 people. I live in a small southern city so that's not too difficult.

That sucks about the hernia :( We all have our things to overcome.

ElArab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 ElArab
Member since 2007 • 5754 Posts

Sticky plz. btw this made me "lol"

sticky thread.

Thechaninator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Thechaninator

[QUOTE="Thechaninator"]blooddemon666

I'm essentially the same way. I used to be extremely shy. Now that I've worked at it, I'm quite social. As you, I don't see myself date-material (who would want to date the ass end of a cow?)

I agree that it is a very slow process. But I just take it one step at a time. In the back of my head, before I walk out of my house, I think of one thing I want to do before I get home. An attainable goal, nothing extraordinary. For example make small talk with at least 4 people. I live in a small southern city so that's not too difficult.

That sucks about the hernia :( We all have our things to overcome.

Well I actually have become a LOT more social in the recent year or two. I make a point of talking alot at work and if I am in the 2nd window I actually try and get done with dishes ASAP just so I can talk to people, especially if that girl I mentioned is there.

One of my major problems is I have this thing of wanting to know exactly if a relatioship would work or not before even asking for numbers. I am going to have to go off the deep end at some point and take a chance by jumping the gun in order to get into a relationship and even then there is still part of me that thinks I am not ready for a relationship....

Montaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Montaya
Member since 2005 • 4269 Posts
Although this is a nice guide, id rather not have it stickied. If this is a sticky, OT will look bad =/
PecansAreNuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#148 PecansAreNuts
Member since 2007 • 906 Posts

You should just get a girl like I did.

WITH MONEY!

blooddemon666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 blooddemon666

You should just get a girl like I did.

WITH MONEY!

PecansAreNuts
Screw the rules, I have money :P
Hinata237

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#150 Hinata237
Member since 2006 • 9416 Posts
This isn't going to end 'girl help threads' considering that this thread will probably be dead in a few days.