how often do you speak english IRL(non-native speakers)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Lonelynight (30050 posts) -
I use it like only 2-4 times a month.
#2 Posted by GummiRaccoon (13793 posts) -

I only english

#3 Posted by VaguelyTagged (10701 posts) -

almost never.my speaking experiences are limited to a few occasions; in my english classes,a couple of travelling experiences and talking to this aussie housemate my friend had for a while.

#4 Posted by indzman (27377 posts) -

At work and outside home english mostly, followed by Hindi. at home Bengali.

#5 Posted by gamerguru100 (12686 posts) -

I only english

GummiRaccoon
You sure about that? Your grammar says otherwise. :o
#6 Posted by gamerguru100 (12686 posts) -

indzman
Wow, you speak three languages? Doesn't that mess with your head sometimes? :P
#7 Posted by MrPraline (21351 posts) -
On vacation.
#8 Posted by johnd13 (9263 posts) -

I may say an english word just for fun like "fvck" or "what?" when talking with my friends.

And sometimes when sending skype messages to a friend of mine we may write in english again for fun.

Although I' ve noticed that I sometimes say english phrases or words when I' m alone. Maybe because I spend too much time here...

#9 Posted by nunovlopes (2638 posts) -
Pretty much every day.
#10 Posted by indzman (27377 posts) -

[QUOTE="indzman"]

gamerguru100

Hindi is our national language in India and my regional language is Bengali. English is common. So i've to speak three different languages every day depending on whom i'm communicating with.

Say i'm speaking to a Hindi speaking person from North India, i can speak with him either in Hindi or English as chances are he'll not know my religional language as there are lots of languages spoken in india as per state, region wise :)

#11 Posted by gamerguru100 (12686 posts) -

[QUOTE="gamerguru100"][QUOTE="indzman"]

indzman

Hindi is our national language in India and my regional language is Bengali. English is common. So i've to speak three different languages every day depending on whom i'm communicating with.

Say i'm speaking to a Hindi speaking person from North India, i can speak with him either in Hindi or English as chances are he'll not know my religional language as there are lots of languages spoken in india as per state, caste wise :)

I think it's sad that castes still exist in 21st century India. Do the untouchables category still exist?
#12 Posted by indzman (27377 posts) -

[QUOTE="indzman"]

[QUOTE="gamerguru100"] Wow, you speak three languages? Doesn't that mess with your head sometimes? :Pgamerguru100

Say i'm speaking to a Hindi speaking person from North India, i can speak with him either in Hindi or English as chances are he'll not know my religional language as there are lots of languages spoken in india as per state, caste wise :)

I think it's sad that castes still exist in 21st century India. Do the untouchables category still exist?

Discrimination against Untouchables category have stopped a lot compared to past, nowadays you get special seat in college or job if you come from Schedule castes or tribes ( you have to have a ration card tho ) as Governement has taken lots of initiative for uplifting backward/ working classes.

Yup, India always was caste divided and always will be unfortunately.

#13 Posted by FMAB_GTO (14385 posts) -
Speak:Non Speaking to myself in my mind:Everyday.
#14 Posted by hippiesanta (10299 posts) -
I speak inglisss 90 percent most of the time..... couldn't care about my grammar