How much sleep do you get?

  • 69 results
  • 1
  • 2
Avatar image for shahabzelda
#1 Edited by shahabzelda (130 posts) -

I usually go to sleep after 2AM and get up around 7AM so I get about 5 hours of sleep on weekdays. I think sleeping a lot is kinda waste of time and I for example prefer to watch a movie or play some games to sleep. What do you think? And how much sleep do YOU get on weekdays and weekends?

Avatar image for warmblur
#2 Edited by warmblur (1978 posts) -

I go to bed a little after 9:30 and wake up around 5.

Avatar image for shahabzelda
#3 Posted by shahabzelda (130 posts) -

@warmblur: 9:30 PM or AM :D because you know when I was a teen I used to stay up all night and go to bed around 9 AM.

Avatar image for thehig1
#4 Edited by thehig1 (7211 posts) -

The times I sleep vary dramtically depending on what shifts Im doing at work, normally around 8 hours

While on early shifts in work (5am -1pm) I sleep from around 10pm till 4am, then have two hours when I finish from around 2pm until 4pm.

So that's kind of 8 hours.

When im off I'll go to bed around 2am and get up around 10am, so again 8 hours.

Avatar image for mrbojangles25
#5 Posted by mrbojangles25 (43569 posts) -

Try to be asleep by 10PM and up at 5AM.

Depending on my workload for the day and how tired I am, I'm sometimes in bed by 8 but that usually has me up even earlier than 5 haha

Avatar image for Litchie
#6 Posted by Litchie (23495 posts) -

~6 hours on weekdays. ~8-10 hours on weekends.

Avatar image for warmblur
#7 Posted by warmblur (1978 posts) -

@shahabzelda said:

@warmblur: 9:30 PM or AM :D because you know when I was a teen I used to stay up all night and go to bed around 9 AM.

9:30 PM

Avatar image for heathen75
#10 Posted by HEATHEN75 (643 posts) -

I try to get at least 7 hours on work nights. Doesn't always work out though. I try to cram a 2 to 3 hour nap in on Saturdays.

Avatar image for with_teeth26
#11 Posted by with_teeth26 (9429 posts) -

I usually spend around 8-9 hours in bed every night, but it often takes a while for my mind to slow down enough for me to fall asleep so I end up getting 7-8 hours

any less and I don't function too well

Avatar image for SOedipus
#12 Posted by SOedipus (11360 posts) -

6-8 hours. Depends on the work day, as well as my wife’s.

Avatar image for SoNin360
#13 Posted by SoNin360 (7051 posts) -

I'm in bed for about an average of 7 hours. Of that, I only get like 6 hours and 15 minutes of sleep. This is going off the recent data on my Fitbit and now that classes have started again.

Avatar image for johnd13
#14 Posted by johnd13 (9661 posts) -

On weekdays I usually go to bed around 1.30-2am and get up at 7.50am so I get 5.30-6 hours of sleep. On weekends I sleep for 7-8 hours.

Avatar image for omegamaster
#15 Posted by omegaMaster (1194 posts) -

Weekdays I go to bed around 1 - 1:30 am and wake up at 8:15 am. So that's around 7 hours

Avatar image for Byshop
#16 Posted by Byshop (19522 posts) -

@shahabzelda said:

I usually go to sleep after 2PM and get up around 7AM so I get about 5 hours of sleep on weekdays. I think sleeping a lot is kinda waste of time and I for example prefer to watch a movie or play some games to sleep. What do you think? And how much sleep do YOU get on weekdays and weekends?

2PM - 7AM = 17 hours of sleep. You must be very well rested, although I suspect you don't get a lot done. ;)

I sleep around 5-6 hours a night. It used to be longer but it's gotten shorter as I've gotten older.

-Byshop

Avatar image for warmblur
#17 Edited by warmblur (1978 posts) -

I love when I have lucid dreams I basically turn into Trevor from GTAV and cause chaos I wish I could lucid dream more it's so therapeutic.

Avatar image for mandzilla
#18 Posted by Mandzilla (3816 posts) -

Never enough, but I make up for it on the weekends.

Avatar image for speeny
#19 Posted by Speeny (1374 posts) -

These days I try to aim for bed at 10:30pm. Then I'll wake up at 6 most days.

Avatar image for horgen
#20 Posted by Horgen (119966 posts) -

Not enough. Anything below 6,5 hours and I feel really sluggish the next day.

@mandzilla said:

Never enough, but I make up for it on the weekends.

I wish I could do that.

Avatar image for umarvaleed
#21 Edited by umarvaleed (1 posts) -

i am sleeping 24 hours my best job is sleeping

Avatar image for speeny
#22 Posted by Speeny (1374 posts) -

@warmblur: I’ve always been interested in lucid dreaming. Never known how to do it though.

Avatar image for madrocketeer
#23 Edited by madrocketeer (6191 posts) -

Simultaneously not enough and too much. I have chronic insomnia, so one day I would get maybe only 3-4 hours of sleep tops, then sleep 11-12 hours the next. Sunday nights are the worst. I just find it very difficult to shut down my brain sometimes.

Avatar image for shahabzelda
#24 Posted by shahabzelda (130 posts) -

@Byshop said:
@shahabzelda said:

I usually go to sleep after 2PM and get up around 7AM so I get about 5 hours of sleep on weekdays. I think sleeping a lot is kinda waste of time and I for example prefer to watch a movie or play some games to sleep. What do you think? And how much sleep do YOU get on weekdays and weekends?

2PM - 7AM = 17 hours of sleep. You must be very well rested, although I suspect you don't get a lot done. ;)

I sleep around 5-6 hours a night. It used to be longer but it's gotten shorter as I've gotten older.

-Byshop

I meant 2AM :))) But there is something good in you post! yeah we getting old and days seem to be less than 24 hours! At least for me it is this way!

Avatar image for Byshop
#25 Posted by Byshop (19522 posts) -

@shahabzelda said:
@Byshop said:
@shahabzelda said:

I usually go to sleep after 2PM and get up around 7AM so I get about 5 hours of sleep on weekdays. I think sleeping a lot is kinda waste of time and I for example prefer to watch a movie or play some games to sleep. What do you think? And how much sleep do YOU get on weekdays and weekends?

2PM - 7AM = 17 hours of sleep. You must be very well rested, although I suspect you don't get a lot done. ;)

I sleep around 5-6 hours a night. It used to be longer but it's gotten shorter as I've gotten older.

-Byshop

I meant 2AM :))) But there is something good in you post! yeah we getting old and days seem to be less than 24 hours! At least for me it is this way!

Yeah, I used to be able to sleep in till noon if I wanted to. These days even if I'd been drinking the night before I find that challenging.

-Byshop

Avatar image for crimsonbrute
#26 Posted by CrimsonBrute (25370 posts) -

Varies day by day. As little as 3 hours and as much 8.

Avatar image for mandzilla
#27 Posted by Mandzilla (3816 posts) -
@horgen said:
@mandzilla said:

Never enough, but I make up for it on the weekends.

I wish I could do that.

Ah, you sound like a man with a busy schedule.

Avatar image for npiet1
#28 Posted by npiet1 (1959 posts) -

It varies a lot, sometimes is 4 sometimes is 12.

Avatar image for qx0d
#29 Posted by qx0d (333 posts) -

More often than not, 5-7 hours, on average.

Avatar image for Gaming-Planet
#30 Edited by Gaming-Planet (19891 posts) -

I average about 5-6 hours.

When I got nothing to do, it's 10-12 hours.

Avatar image for horgen
#31 Posted by Horgen (119966 posts) -

@mandzilla said:
@horgen said:
@mandzilla said:

Never enough, but I make up for it on the weekends.

I wish I could do that.

Ah, you sound like a man with a busy schedule.

Nope, not that busy. I destroyed my sleeping habits in college.

Avatar image for mandzilla
#32 Posted by Mandzilla (3816 posts) -

@horgen: Oh okay, prob for the best then. Let's you make the most of your weekends.

Avatar image for horgen
#33 Posted by Horgen (119966 posts) -

@mandzilla said:

@horgen: Oh okay, prob for the best then. Let's you make the most of your weekends.

It's tiring when you had a few days with 5 hours or less and really want some more, but going earlier to bed only results in waking up earlier.

Avatar image for mandzilla
#34 Posted by Mandzilla (3816 posts) -
@horgen said:
@mandzilla said:

@horgen: Oh okay, prob for the best then. Let's you make the most of your weekends.

It's tiring when you had a few days with 5 hours or less and really want some more, but going earlier to bed only results in waking up earlier.

I know the feeling dude, 5-ish hrs sleep through the week is my life. Working backshift sucks because you always end up with a weird sleep pattern.

Avatar image for coolkid93
#35 Edited by coolkid93 (6746 posts) -

@shahabzelda: Between 9-10:30pm to 5:45am for me. However, my sleep hasn't been the best lately. To compensate for when I haven't gotten a good amount of sleep throughout the week, I'll go over 8 (sometimes 10) on the weekends. Yes. I am the queen of sleep.

Avatar image for hekarim
#36 Posted by Hekarim (21 posts) -

@shahabzelda: Not enough, my friend, not enough...

Avatar image for herrinha
#37 Posted by Herrinha (18 posts) -

@shahabzelda: I usually go to bed at about 10-11 pm and get up, about 6-7 am. I would like more, but work and study do not provide an opportunity.

Avatar image for plageus900
#38 Posted by plageus900 (2653 posts) -

I took a leave of absence from school this semester. I changed job roles at work and I didn't want to juggle school and learning a new job. I was staying awake 24 to 48 hours at a time while working full time and going to school. When I could sleep, i was only getting 4 to 6 hours. Now that I'm taking a break from school, I'm getting 6 to 8 hours a day.

Avatar image for innergame
#39 Posted by InnerGame (200 posts) -

I sleep not enough, it's about 4-7 hours (depends on workload).

Avatar image for dovejohn80
#40 Posted by dovejohn80 (6 posts) -

2 hours on a heavy day of gaming......on a normal day i sleep 9 hours

Avatar image for mandzilla
#41 Posted by Mandzilla (3816 posts) -

I'm settling into a siesta right now. 😴

Avatar image for pcmasterrace69
#42 Posted by Pcmasterrace69 (372 posts) -

8-10 hours a day when possible

Avatar image for 360ru13r
#43 Posted by 360ru13r (1844 posts) -

So I typically head to bed by 12ish and wake by 6:30, so about 6 and a half hours of sleep.

Avatar image for azafor
#45 Posted by azafor (3 posts) -

8 to 10 Hours! I think that's more than enough for a gamer

Avatar image for camw00ds
#46 Posted by camW00dS (6 posts) -

From 3 to 12 hours occasionally

Lately I get around 7 hours a day

Avatar image for quadraleap
#48 Posted by quadraleap (36581 posts) -

I work a job that has destroyed my biological clock over the years. I went from sleeping 22 hours a night/day occasionally to getting 4 hours lately, then going back to sleep for a few more if possible. Insomnia, apnea, general screwed up-ness. No fun having no energy and sleeping when you want to do things. :/

Avatar image for MirkoS77
#50 Edited by MirkoS77 (13982 posts) -

I typically go to sleep at 5 a.m. and sleep until 3 p.m. Sometimes I’m up until 8 or 9 a.m., sometimes even noon. My Bipolar depression impacts my sleep as when I’m up I have a hard time sleeping, whereas when I’m down I can barely get out of bed.