How many times have you watched TITANIC ?

Magnum3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By Magnum3000
Member since 2020 • 1240 Posts

4 times easily in theatres including latest 3D version since it's 1998 release.And another couple or more times on Home DVD.

They were not by choice but on requests by several freinds and family over course of time.

Personally I was done watching it first time, not a fan of Titanic nor its OST.

Well?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 0

#2 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Zero. Hope I can keep it like that.

Magnum3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#3 Magnum3000
Member since 2020 • 1240 Posts

@phbz: I envy you😛

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#4 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 16004 Posts

Watched it. one of the worst movie i have ever seen.

apart from obvious reason it was boring, tedious, overrated. its also a movie that promote cheating. and old women telling story of her young age when she was kate winslet and affair with young men Leonardo dicaprio (also resemble leon kennedy) and when old woman died, she once again become kate winslet and reunited with lionardo dicaprio while donot care about her husband she spent 80 years but care only one who meet for 3 days in ship.

i mean what the hell kind of story is that?? lol. and they show Rose finance as a Villain??!! yeah he was arrogant but he can be anti hero but a villain? in any shape or form?

warmblur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 warmblur
Member since 2017 • 5971 Posts

@phbz said:

Zero. Hope I can keep it like that.

Same not my type of movie.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 5858 Posts

At least 4 and I hope no more.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 10204 Posts

Only once probably. It's alright but I feel no need to watch it again.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#8 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 3370 Posts

Saw it once. Not my type of movie so I didn't really enjoy it. I'll probably never watch it again.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#9 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 3370 Posts

Saw it once. Not my type of movie so I didn't really enjoy it. I'll probably never watch it again.

Gwynbleidd_91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Gwynbleidd_91
Member since 2018 • 137 Posts

Twice, there was enough room on the door for both of them, I'll leave it at that.

Ezekiel43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Ezekiel43  Online
Member since 2017 • 2905 Posts

I don't know, four in twenty years? Last watched it on APril 11th.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 12551 Posts

At least twice. I saw it once in theater and I saw it once with my wife. She loves that movie, but it's my type of film.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jaydan  Online
Member since 2015 • 3839 Posts

I watched it only one time, and that's more than enough for me.

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 43681 Posts

I have seen Titanic in theaters like 3 times and 1 time at home with DVD.

Titanic is probably maybe the best ever example of what I call "movie magic." When I went to the theaters at the age of 12, it was like they had brought the old ship back to life and plopped me down right in the middle of it. Even though I picked up on the lame dialogue and predictable plots, the movie did right just brought me in so completely that I didn't mind it. The crazy thing was that I really did find myself feeling like the beautiful world they had created would last forever--even as the iceberg inevitably came, a part of me was actually hoping that everything would be all right. And seeing this whole world be destroyed, it really made me sad. I found myself liking the romance because it was part of the whole that I liked--and of course the two lead actors' performances helped a lot. Their chemistry and charisma sold the lame dialogue better than it had a right to be. Everything about the movie just came together perfectly to make me ignore the flaws and just enjoy the ride. Hell, when it was playing over the closing credits, I even liked the Celine Dion song, with zero irony.

In the few months after the movie I was fully in the throes of Titanic-mania. I was telling everyone it was great. Interestingly, even though this movie is stereotyped as a "chick flick" I saw it with my family, and when I tried to talk to my ex-girlfriend into going she just wasn't into it. She just didn't like disaster movies or period pieces. I finally did see it on video DVD with her, and man, that sure did destroy the magic. Seeing it on a TV screen with vastly inferior sound...there was none of the atmosphere, but the unnatural dialogue, one-dimensional characters, and cliched plot stood out more than ever. My ex was like, "Why did you like this so much?" and I was like "I don't know, I guess you had to see it at the theater cause that's were it shines the most...back in 1997.

I wonder if seeing it now that we have big HDTVs with better sound would bring some of the magic back? Still though, flawed as the movie may be there's no denying how brilliant James Cameron was in bringing the whole thing to life. It cost so much to make, and had been delayed so long, everyone expected it to be a big flop that embarrassed the studio. But he knocked it out of the park with a movie that broke sales records AND cleaned up at the Oscars.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#15 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 41765 Posts

Use to sit next to an asshole in music class who played this (badly) at least 3 times a week for 40-50 minutes.

Loading Video...

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 4

#16 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 2601 Posts

2 or 3 times. I don't mind the movie personally. I think it's aged very, very well. The first time I saw it would have been on an old VHS when we were staying at a farmhouse in 2012.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 16671 Posts

Once when I was still married. Though I've watched the real time sinking on YouTube a few times in full. Scary shit. ESPECIALLY those last two minutes.

Loading Video...

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20333 Posts

Not sure, around 3 times.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 170813 Posts

Once. Twas enough. Not sure why it was as big as it was tbh.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jaydan  Online

@LJS9502_basic said:

Between Titanic and Forrest Gump, I share the same sentiment. Every time someone goes off saying either of these are the greatest movies they've ever seen, I silently cringe.

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6423 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

Watched it. one of the worst movie i have ever seen.

apart from obvious reason it was boring, tedious, overrated. its also a movie that promote cheating. and old women telling story of her young age when she was kate winslet and affair with young men Leonardo dicaprio (also resemble leon kennedy) and when old woman died, she once again become kate winslet and reunited with lionardo dicaprio while donot care about her husband she spent 80 years but care only one who meet for 3 days in ship.

i mean what the hell kind of story is that?? lol. and they show Rose finance as a Villain??!! yeah he was arrogant but he can be anti hero but a villain? in any shape or form?

I like how you conveniently neglect to mention she probably didn't have a whole lot of say in her marriage, and her fiancé was both physically and emotionally abusive. I do agree her dying and being reunited with Leo's character who she knew for less than a week as though it was the most important relationship in her life is a bit of an eyeroll.

For me personally, I've seen the movie a number of times and quite enjoyed it simply for the fact I was kind of obsessed with the Titanic as a kid (had books, would watch documentaries, etc), and James Cameron did an absolutely amazing job recreating the ship and the sinking. As for the love story aspect, it was okay, the acting was good and the chemistry between Kate and Leo was convincing.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 170813 Posts

@jaydan said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Between Titanic and Forrest Gump, I share the same sentiment. Every time someone goes off saying either of these are the greatest movies they've ever seen, I silently cringe.

Ugh. Hated Forrest Gump. Vastly overrated movie. Thought I was the only one that thought that way.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#23 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 47999 Posts

If you treat it as a disaster and historical (I use that term loosely) film, it's really not that bad. Still kind of bad, though. It did absolutely nothing for me. I really did not start to like Leo until Blood Diamond, and Kate Winslet is meh.

But I think it was released at a time when Leo was hot stuff so you had basically everyone woman under 50 going to see it, and dragging their boyfriend or husband along as well.

@LJS9502_basic said:
@jaydan said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Ugh. Hated Forrest Gump. Vastly overrated movie. Thought I was the only one that thought that way.

I knew something was off with you

:D

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By jaydan  Online

@mrbojangles25 said:

If you treat it as a disaster and historical (I use that term loosely) film, it's really not that bad. Still kind of bad, though. It did absolutely nothing for me. I really did not start to like Leo until Blood Diamond, and Kate Winslet is meh.

But I think it was released at a time when Leo was hot stuff so you had basically everyone woman under 50 going to see it, and dragging their boyfriend or husband along as well.

@LJS9502_basic said:
@jaydan said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

I knew something was off with you

:D

People can enjoy movies as they please, but for every time someone thinks they're a cinephile for saying Forrest Gump is one of the greatest achievements in cinema (and I've heard this a lot), they clearly haven't explored cinema; and usually they haven't as evidence when I actually get into cinema discussion with them.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#25  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 47999 Posts

@jaydan: I was just joking. I thought the good-natured ":D" would have made that obvious. I personally love the movie, but I get why others dislike it.

It's too easy, takes no risks. That makes it kind of shallow. I don't think liking Forrest Gump makes you a cinephile. Frankly, though, sometimes you need a simple movie about a simple man making his way through life, while also experiencing historical moments of the 20th century.

Also every time I watch that movie, I want to strangle Jenny. She totally jerked Gump around, it almost ruins the movie for me.

TheGreatChomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 TheGreatChomp
Member since 2020 • 1304 Posts

Once

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 7234 Posts

I saw it once when it first came out in theaters, I didnt hate it and thought a lot of it was genuinely good but its also a movie which I'll never watch again.

As for people asking how it was as big as it was, ask any women who went to see it 10 times at theaters that question, no guy on here is going to be able to answer that.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By jaydan  Online

@mrbojangles25: Lol I never said liking Forrest Gump makes you a cinephile but rather I've run into enough simpleton moviegoers that think liking Forrest Gump is some sort of cinematic prodigy for film when it really isn't.

It wasn't even the greatest movie from the year it came out. Not over Pulp Fiction, Three Colors, Shawshank Redemption or Ed Wood.

People just want simple feel-good movies, and Forrest Gump is manipulative and problematic in that regard. It hardly evokes any deeper meaning. People just like to feel edgy pulling a Forrest Gump quote as a life-lesson as if a million people haven't already done that.

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 1029 Posts

Half a time. I got bored of it midway through and turned off my TV. I never saw the poor ship sink.

gaeandilth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 gaeandilth
Member since 2010 • 300 Posts

Well only watched once but will kind of defend it. Was one of the few best picture winners I could actually watch the whole movie without falling asleep.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#31  Edited By Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 5821 Posts

Once in the theatre. It was sold out so we bought tickets to, I wanna say a James Bond film?, and snuck in the ‘sold out’ showing. Bull, there were like 20 empty seats. Didn’t mind it, the effects looked cool on the big screen. I’ve come across it on TV and I’ll watch a scene or two, but I’ve never sat through it in it’s entirety. Historically accurate mixed with fiction don’t really bode well with me.

‘Ugh. Hated Forrest Gump. Vastly overrated movie. Thought I was the only one that thought that way.’

Agreed. I thought it was one of the dumbest movies ever made. A happy idiot who just has incredible luck. This is worth celebrating?

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 1465 Posts

VagrantSnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 VagrantSnow
Member since 2018 • 507 Posts

Only watched it once. Avoided it for years but boyfriend bugged me to watch it so I did. Not as bad as I expected it to be. Reminded me of Jurassic Park.

strategyfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#34  Edited By strategyfn
Member since 2012 • 602 Posts

2 or 3 times, once was forced. I hated that movie and watching it equates to mild torture.

Every time I watch Forest Gump I think it’s really entertaining . I don’t have an urge to watch it but when I do I appreciate it.

Ezekiel43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Ezekiel43  Online
Member since 2017 • 2905 Posts

@jaydan said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

I don't think I've heard someone say Titanic is the greatest movie they've ever seen. Ever. Usually when the movie comes up the talk is negative.

I think it's a well made movie. Not great, but still very good. But I like all of James Cameron's movies. Well, Alita was mediocre, but he didn't direct it, so...

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#36 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6576 Posts

Oh f*ck this movie and James Cameron.

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Sancho_Panzer
Member since 2015 • 1424 Posts

Once. That's not a knock on the film. I rarely watch anything twice.

Anything over 2 hrs is going to wear audiences down emotionally. Shawshank Redemption and Forrest Gump: 2hrs20. Titanic: 3hrs30. It was a good choice for a date. :)

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 17853 Posts

@sancho_panzer: "Anything over 2 hrs is going to wear audiences down emotionally."

How the hell people watch over 3 hours of those superhero movies?

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Sancho_Panzer
Member since 2015 • 1424 Posts

@PSP107 said:

@sancho_panzer: "Anything over 2 hrs is going to wear audiences down emotionally."

How the hell people watch over 3 hours of those superhero movies?

Beats me. I haven't seen any for a long while.

I don't mean that as a bad thing at all, btw. I think it adds to the feeling that you've really been through something, and the best directors know how to use that to the fullest. For me, I reckon it's somewhere around the 2 hour mark where my defences break down. These days I just get the urge to sleep or go for a smoke or sth by that point, haha.

ycdeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#40 ycdeo
Member since 2004 • 2841 Posts

i like the movie song.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#41 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 37407 Posts

Not sure total, but three times in theaters, I remember it was a slow movie release schedule at the time and my options were limited, but it was good.