How many of you catching up JUSTICE LEAGUE soon? (Spoilers)

• 94 results
indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

Just booked my show for 17th Friday Evening show.Hope its funny and full of Awesome Action as rest DC movies.And more of WW and her theme music.

wbu??

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Planeforger  Online
Member since 2004 • 19570 Posts

@indzman: Since when are the rest of the DC movies "funny" or "full of awesome action"? Aren't they mainly just dreary CGI-fests (besides Wonder Woman, which is apparently not bad)?

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

There more serious and dark than marvel, while trying to stay with in a low age rating to not limit their audience.

So the end result is a little awkward.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 indzman

@Planeforger said:

@indzman: Since when are the rest of the DC movies "funny" or "full of awesome action"? Aren't they mainly just dreary CGI-fests (besides Wonder Woman, which is apparently not bad)?

Yeah, they too dark toned for my taste :(

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#5 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

I'm totally hype for Justice League since like after Batman vs Superman, I already got my tickets in advance as we speak and will go watch JL this Friday night and I really don't care what the media thinks about JL. If you came to expecting a Marvel like movie, you won't find it here, this is a DC film and I always prefer it to keep it dark and gritty.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 indzman

@davillain- said:

I'm totally hype for Justice League since like after Batman vs Superman, I already got my tickets in advance as we speak and will go watch JL this Friday night and I really don't care what the media thinks about JL. If you came to expecting a Marvel like movie, you won't find it here, this is a DC film and I always prefer it to keep it dark and gritty.

I'm also on Friday Evening XD

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

I'm going to see it this Friday. Don't have very high expectations but I'm interested.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

Been waiting for JL. Like the dark and gritty tone over Marvel's fluff.

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

I'm seeing it Saturday.

I loved Man of Steel, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, and Wonder Woman can't wait to see Justice League.

I didn't mention Suicide Squad it is alright I had fun watching it but I just didn't like it as much as the other three.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#10 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

Not me, I'll catch it in a few years. The only movie I'm planning on watching in the theatres this year is The Last Jedi.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 LJS9502_basic

@korvus said:

Not me, I'll catch it in a few years. The only movie I'm planning on watching in the theatres this year is The Last Jedi.

Disney is going to milk that franchise......

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#12 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

I don't doubt it. As I said before, if TLJ turns out to be an Empire Strikes Back clone I'm done with the main SW movies.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16879 Posts

I've given up on the Zack Snyder directed movies. With that said, to those who are looking forward to this...I hope it's good, and hope you enjoy it. I may watch it when it comes on TV at some point.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

@korvus said:

I'm looking forward to The Last Jedi as well. Also planning to go watch Murder on the Orient Express - I find its setting quite charming.

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

@LJS9502_basic: They already did milk it with a new Star Wars movie each year. Also the director of Last Jedi announced that Disney is working on a new trilogy with him in charge of it.

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 172

#16 TAMKFan
Member since 2004 • 33350 Posts

Yeah, I plan to see it. I've been looking forward to it for some time.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 indzman

@hallenbeck77 said:

I've given up on the Zack Snyder directed movies. With that said, to those who are looking forward to this...I hope it's good, and hope you enjoy it. I may watch it when it comes on TV at some point.

I'm going only for WW and Theme. Have no expectations either lol.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 indzman

@korvus said:

Good choice K :)

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

I've seen a couple of reviews on it that basically said the same thing about BvS and MoS, not great, but it left them excited about future movies. The problem for me is MoS debuted in 2013, when is DC going to deliver on the exciting future? And don't get me wrong, WW was a legitimately good film, but if this film is okay at best then we are right back where the franchise started, and with a ton of great superhero films coming out all the time then what's the reason for me to spend my money on this one? Black Panther is coming out in February with the Avengers Infinity war coming out in May and those are all, but guarenteed to be good so why continue throwing money at something that is still struggling four films in?

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20  Edited By AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

@Serraph105:

I'm excited to see Black Panther, the "Panthers-Rage" run in Jungle Action comics in the mid-70's was up there with Jim Starlin's Captain Marvel/Thanos/Warlock epics and Claremonts X-men as the must read best stories of the decade.

As for Justice League, I'll go see it, I was never a bit DC fan but this one looks good. DC was always the Elvis Presley of the comic world, making superheroes (like rock and roll) a popular thing.

Marvel was always The Beatles of the superhero world, refining and improving the art (like transforming rock and roll to Rock). Stan Lee and Jack Kirby were the Lennon and McCartney of their time, even had the infighting between themselves.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 LJS9502_basic

@AFBrat77 said:

@Serraph105:

I'm excited to see Black Panther, the "Panthers-Rage" run in Jungle Action comics in the mid-70's was up there with Jim Starlin's Captain Marvel/Thanos/Warlock epics and Claremonts X-men as the must read best stories of the decade.

As for Justice League, I'll go see it, I was never a bit DC fan but this one looks good.

DC was always the Elvis Presley of the comic world, making superheroes a popular thing.

Marvel was always The Beatles of the superhero world, refining and improving the art. Stan Lee and Jack Kirby were the Lennon and McCartney of their time, even had the infighting between themselves.

You know the Beatles started off as a pop boy band right? That is until they copied some other bands and improved....and hey that does fit. Many Marvel characters were DC ripoffs. LOL

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By AFBrat77

@LJS9502_basic:

Ah my good man, but they took some ideas from DC and improved them, not the least of which was making them far more relatable. But Marvel branched out to new great original heroes as well. And the artwork in Marvel comics was a dramatic improvement over DC with the likes of Kirby and Steve Ditko (Spider-man, Dr. Strange) at the helm. Losing Ditko was major. Stan Lees writing was a breath of fresh air in its time from wooden comic characters.

But a lot of this is taken for granted now, just as people today don't see the greatness of The Beatles or say, the original PC game Half-life, because the big steps they took are common now.

I think the pop-boy band you are thinking of is The Monkees.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 LJS9502_basic

@AFBrat77 said:

@LJS9502_basic:

Ah my good man, but they took some ideas from DC and improved them, not the least of which was making them far more relatable. But Marvel branched out to new great original heroes as well. And the artwork in Marvel comics was a dramatic improvement over DC with the likes of Kirby and Steve Ditko (Spider-man, Dr. Strange) at the helm. Losing Ditko was major. Stan Lees writing was a breath of fresh air in its time from wooden comic characters.

But a lot of this is taken for granted now, just as people today don't see the greatness of The Beatles or say, the original PC game Half-life, because the big steps they took are common now.

I think the pop-boy band you are thinking of is The Monkees.

No no no.. .DC is much better.

The Beatles were pop when they started. She Loves You yeah yeah yeah she loves you.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By AFBrat77

@LJS9502_basic:

I'm surprised they haven't had some poll or some such between Marvel and DC, or maybe they did and I missed it. Oh well, I respectfully disagree, but I still enjoyed reading some Superman and Batman issues as a kid. The DC comic I most enjoyed was Alan Moores run on The Swamp Thing in the 1980's.

But I enjoyed so much more of Marvel in the 1970's including Conan, Warlock, Tomb of Dracula, Black Panther, X-Men, Marvel Team-up, and The Avengers. 60's was great for Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Dr. Strange, and Thor. Absolutely loved The Savage Sword of Conan magazine.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

Not even if tickets were free.

D.C. seems to be operated like an assembly line: Make as much as fast as possible regardless of quality.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 LJS9502_basic
@Solaryellow said:

Not even if tickets were free.

D.C. seems to be operated like an assembly line: Make as much as fast as possible regardless of quality.

The movies were good....maybe don't expect Marvel movies when you go to see them.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

The movies were good....maybe don't expect Marvel movies when you go to see them.

The older D.C. based movies certainly were. 2012 through now? Not for me.

Frank_Castle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Frank_Castle
Member since 2015 • 1982 Posts

40% on RT

Basically another brown and grey drenched, excessive slo-mo shot, CGI extravaganza from Zack "The Hack" Snyder...but with copious amounts of lame, forced humor thrown in for good measure.

Why DC/WB ever thought it was a good idea to make this asshole the main overseer of their "cinematic universe" is beyond me.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18797 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@AFBrat77 said:

@Serraph105:

As for Justice League, I'll go see it, I was never a bit DC fan but this one looks good.

DC was always the Elvis Presley of the comic world, making superheroes a popular thing.

Marvel was always The Beatles of the superhero world, refining and improving the art. Stan Lee and Jack Kirby were the Lennon and McCartney of their time, even had the infighting between themselves.

You know the Beatles started off as a pop boy band right? That is until they copied some other bands and improved....and hey that does fit. Many Marvel characters were DC ripoffs. LOL

Beatles(Just like Elvis) copied black musicians.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 LJS9502_basic

@PSP107 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@AFBrat77 said:

@Serraph105:

Beatles(Just like Elvis) copied black musicians.

Biggest influence for the Beatles were 50s acts like Buddy Holly and the Crickets. Led Zep, Stones, Mac, Clapton etc were influenced by black blues musicians.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 PSP107

@LJS9502_basic:

Wasn't a Young Elvis Presley the reason why Buddy switched to Rock and Roll?

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 AFBrat77

@LJS9502_basic:

Agreed. Spot on. And Chuck Berry was also a big influence on The Beatles.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By AFBrat77

@PSP107:

Irregardless, Buddy Holly put his own stamp on rock and roll, and much of his music stands less dated to this day then his contemporaries.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#34 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

When its release on bluray. :P

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 PSP107

@AFBrat77 said:

@PSP107:

Irregardless, Buddy Holly put his own stamp on rock and roll, and much of his music stands less dated to this day then his contemporaries.

He copied from Elvis who copied from black musicians.

But out of curiosity, what did he bring on his own?

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#36 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

I'm going to see it tomorrow, but my expectations have been lowered significantly.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By AFBrat77

@PSP107 said:
@AFBrat77 said:

@PSP107:

He copied from Elvis who copied from black musicians.

But out of curiosity, what did he bring on his own?

But it was Elvis that brought Rock and Roll to the fore, sure plenty of that was because he was a handsome white guy, but alot of it was his talent. DC brought superheroes to the fore, thats the analogy, and the point I was making.

As for Buddy Holly, google it:

From Rolling Stone....

"With his signature vocal hiccup and hits like "That'll Be the Day," "Rave On," "Peggy Sue" and "Not Fade Away," Buddy Holly was a rock & roll pioneer, as well as one of the genre's first great singer-songwriters. He used the recording studio for doubletracking and other advanced techniques, and popularized the two guitars, bass, and drums lineup. Holly's playful, mock-ingenuous singing, with slides between falsetto and regular voice, was a major influence on Paul McCartney, Bob Dylan, and numerous imitators. When he died in an airplane crash at 22, he had been recording for less than two years."

independent.com .....

"We can say that Buddy Holly created a series of firsts, although most of them need qualification – the first singer/songwriter of the rock'n'roll era; the first to have the lead/rhythm/bass/drums line-up; the first to use studio trickery such as double-tracking; the first to have strings on a rock'n'roll record; the first to use the Fender Stratocaster; and the first rock'n'roll star to wear glasses." That last part is funny. It goes on.... "Before him, artists didn't write their own songs, and he was a complete holistic entity. He produced his own music, he performed it and he also wrote it. He was a brilliant songwriter; really simple, to the point, beautifully constructed two- or three-minute pop songs. That was a benchmark for bands such as The Beatles."

legacy.com

"Buddy Holly is widely acknowledged as one of the most important influences on rock 'n' roll music. The Beatles and the Rolling Stones… Bob Dylan and Bruce Springsteen… Elton John, Elvis Costello, Eric Clapton… they're just a few of the rock superstars whose music wouldn't be what it is without Buddy Holly."

There are numerous web sites.

But I blame myself for hijacking this thread, I won't hijack it again.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 AFBrat77

By the way, not the be all to end all, but the reviews of Justice League by critics have not been good (35% on Rotten Tomatos, though I know they have a flawed system).

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#39 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

I probably won't see another DCEU movie in the theater in the future any time soon, or ever again, so Justice League is going to have to wait until it's available at home at least.

@korvus said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

I don't doubt it. As I said before, if TLJ turns out to be an Empire Strikes Back clone I'm done with the main SW movies.

From what I'm reading about it, it won't be entirely in terms of story if true, though it might have a few things that are similar to it(Rey's Training and Battle of Crait being the only ones). Plus what Finn does in the movie sounds like it would be different from anything in ESB for the most part.

Frank_Castle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Frank_Castle
Member since 2015 • 1982 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@korvus said:

That's an understatement

At this pace, I'm sure we'll be getting a Max Rebo movie within the next 5 years.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 indzman

Going to the theatre in couple of Hrs. Seems its bad as rest movies by Zack Snyder from reviews :(

Will update my personal opinion after i see it :)

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#42 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@indzman said:

Going to the theatre in couple of Hrs. Seems its bad as rest movies by Zack Snyder from reviews :(

Will update my personal opinion after i see it :)

Any movie with Ben Assfleck is usually bad.

But looking forward to hearing what you say after you have seen it.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 PSP107

@Jacanuk:"Any movie with Ben Assfleck is usually bad."

As a person who isn't fan of 2000-present movies, I actually somewhat enjoyed Daredevil(2003)

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By indzman

Less Action and more of chemistry between Team.Best part of the movie is Flash.Best scene of the movie Superman VS Batman.Wonder Woman is tottally wasted.Stephenwolff is just another delusional Loki.Movies a drag fest.

6/10 just came home very dissapointed ?Shame on you Zack Snyder.Bring back Patty Jenkins for direction for next instalments please.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16879 Posts
@indzman said:

Less Action and more of chemistry between Team.Best part of the movie is Flash.Best scene of the movie Superman VS Batman.Wonder Woman is tottally wasted.Stephenwolff is just another delusional Loki.Movies a drag fest.

6/10 just came home very dissapointed ?Shame on you Zack Snyder.Bring back Patty Jenkins for direction for next instalments please.

I'm not sure how much of the blame is entirely Snyder's this time around, as he left during production due to a family tragedy. But I think after this, he's done with DC movies.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 indzman

@hallenbeck77 said:
@indzman said:

I'm not sure how much of the blame is entirely Snyder's this time around, as he left during production due to a family tragedy. But I think after this, he's done with DC movies.

Yup, Hope he returns to any other movie franchise other than Marvel. Ruined Marvel name :(

Skip this movie Hallenbeck, or see it later on BR release. Not worth your time and you were right :)

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

Maybe I'll watch it in cinema if a friend recommends it, otherwise I'm waiting a year or so on this one.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 indzman

My last Hope is The Last Jedi. Hope its not a rehash of Empire Strikes Back :(

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#49 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

@indzman said:

If the story is anything to go by in that site that links what happens between beginning to end, it probably won't be entirely, though it has at least 2 similar things to ESB.

Also, I'm guessing you're going to see that movie as early as possible.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By indzman

@mitu123 said:
@indzman said:

If the story is anything to go by in that site that links what happens between beginning to end, it probably won't be entirely, though it has at least 2 similar things to ESB.

Also, I'm guessing you're going to see that movie as early as possible.

Indeed 1 st day itself :P