deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

With the Corona virus closing down almost everything and people self quarantining staying isolated in their homes to prevent the spread do you think people really can last another 3 to 5 months like this? I mean for me personally I'm no extrovert but even this shit is starting to get to me. I can't imagine being one in this situation they must be going through a deep depression. So do you think in a few months if we are still in quarantine people will start losing their shit and begin looting and vandalizing to let loose the cabin fever?

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#2 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

For me, this is where gaming comes into play. Fired up Balders Gate 2 and I am really enjoying going thru it again in a different way. I've also been playing Resident Evil 4 on my Gamecube.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7204 Posts

I personally can't wait to get back to work.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17640 Posts

I don’t know, but I’m going bonkers. I’m really beginning to value small things I never paid attention to previously, like checking out at the grocer just to be able to have a minute of small talk.

Hopefully society will reopen soon, this isn’t healthy, especially for people will previous mental conditions. Hope you’re hanging in there warmblur. We’ll make it through this eventually.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#5  Edited By madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10562 Posts

Actually, I'm doing pretty great. I mean, I do miss going for my monthly extra shopping, but otherwise it's like I was made for this.

I recently saw that someone in New Zealand spray-painted "exciting times for misanthropes" on a wall somewhere. Heh. Maybe that's why I'm doing so well.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11124 Posts

I was no stranger to social distancing even before the quarantine so I'm doing fine actually. But most people cannot cope with isolation and solitude even for a few days. Those people are going to get hit the harder the following months.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127492 Posts

@warmblur: How long it lasts I think will depend heavily on how people behave once some restrictions are lifted.

Here some restrictions will be lifted Monday next week, with even more being lifted Monday two weeks from now. Lots of people want to get their hair cut can finally do so again in two weeks.

As far as I can tell it does not mean you are free to do whatever you want as you could before any restrictions were in place. Gatherings with more than 5 people is still not a good idea.

Personally I hope the gym can open up again, however that is still undecided.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984

@MirkoS77 said:

I don’t know, but I’m going bonkers. I’m really beginning to value small things I never paid attention to previously, like checking out at the grocer just to be able to have a minute of small talk.

Hopefully society will reopen soon, this isn’t healthy, especially for people will previous mental conditions. Hope you’re hanging in there warmblur. We’ll make it through this eventually.

Thank you I hope you are hanging in there as well in these shitty times. I know what you mean by missing the little things I miss going out to eat being around people and mall walking.

RatchetClank92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9 RatchetClank92
Member since 2020 • 1328 Posts

The rates of domestic abuse and suicides are already starting to go up, I imagine in another couple months it will be significantly worse. It is definitely important to try and stay productive and healthy during this so you don't feed into any depression or negative feelings from lethargy and a bad diet. Crazy times we are living in.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36038 Posts

I get outside now mostly by walking around the neighborhood, keeping a safe distance from others who do the same. Especially now that I'm doing delivery for most of my groceries.

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4189 Posts

I’m doing well. I consider this quarantine a mini break. However I do get sick of the quarantine and wearing a covering when I go outside at times.

I’d just rather get on with my working life I guess.

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12 deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

I'm doing pretty great right now. I learned about programming and animation for free and now I'm messing with Blender. By the end of the quarantine I should able to make a demo similar to an engine demo.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#13 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

I wake up at 7am to run, then play Animal Crossing. Take a nap after lunch, make music until diner, watch something with my gf, then play something else until bed. That being said, I'm losing my mind. 😄

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

As an essential worker hauling lumber and steel around (the world's most "essential" goods during a pandemic), I wish I was given the option to go home and get my CERB cheque. People who get the opportunity to work from home need to suck it up and think about others than just themselves for once.

Sunsha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Sunsha
Member since 2005 • 20662 Posts

I work in nursing. People lost it ages ago. I do worry about the people who are out of work and have kids to provide for. I work for the state government in Colorado and a lot of my COVID based work emails are geared towards awareness of the signs of child abuse which just makes me sad because I know it's definitely increased with all the kids being forced to stay home now with no break from it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-63d1ad7651984

@Sunsha said:

I work in nursing. People lost it ages ago. I do worry about the people who are out of work and have kids to provide for. I work for the state government in Colorado and a lot of my COVID based work emails are geared towards awareness of the signs of child abuse which just makes me sad because I know it's definitely increased with all the kids being forced to stay home now with no break from it.

Damn that's heart breaking this nightmare needs to end.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

People are going out now. Contrary to what our elected officials tell us, you can leave your house while being sensible and that's the way to do it because the jackasses in all sorts of elected positions don't understand most people can not stay in indefinitely.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58159 Posts

It's interesting for me. I have pretty bad anxiety and depression so quite honestly I was self-isolating already for years.

So, on one hand, I am coping just fine because nothing has changed for me; but on the other hand, it's sort of depressing me, because nothing has changed for me. You have all these people saying "Oh this is so terrible, I miss this and that" and I'm like "Oh, yeah....ummmm....me too."

It's sort of a reality check to let me know when this is all over I need to change some stuff in my life. The fact that everyone else is so sad when they more or less have to do to themselves what I have been doing to myself for years is wake up call to me.

The one saving grace however is that I still get to work. It might actually be too much for me if I didn't get to work still.

@watercrack445 said:

I'm doing pretty great right now. I learned about programming and animation for free and now I'm messing with Blender. By the end of the quarantine I should able to make a demo similar to an engine demo.

Yeah I'm getting into drawing myself. I have no idea what I am doing, but I got my Microsoft Surface, my stylus, and a free copy of Sketchbook. I guess I will just watch some Youtube tutorials.

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 plageus900
Member since 2013 • 3065 Posts

Not a lot has changed for me. Social distancing guidelines at work, walking around the grocery store like everyone has HIV, etc. Otherwise life is pretty much the same for my wife, son and I.

I do see young, healthy adults bitching about having to work while everyone else "gets to stay home". Be happy that you still have a job. Lots of people have run out of money and are looking at losing their homes, going hungry, etc.

I've seen quite a few moving trucks in my neighborhood recently. People are packing up and leaving because they can't afford their mortgages.

dragonfly110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#20  Edited By dragonfly110
Member since 2008 • 27955 Posts

I'm already losing it. I lived with my girlfriend for 6 months now, and she broke up with me the day the quarantine started. I've just been in this apartment feeling more isolated and lonely than I ever have in my life.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23010 Posts

I'm in IT. This is the moment I've trained for. :-P Honestly, I'm just feeling very fortunate that I'm able to continue working while still quarantining myself. My wife will probably lose her job in the next couple months which will be a big hit, but we can stay afloat. I'm also a little worried about my tenants. They're self employed and haven't said they've been impacted yet, but....

I'm also a little nervous about the summer swim team schedule. My aquatics director is still planning on having a season, but I'm skeptical.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23010 Posts

@dragonfly110 said:

I'm already losing it. I lived with my girlfriend for 6 months now, and she broke up with me the day the quarantine started. I've just been in this apartment feeling more isolated and lonely than I ever have in my life.

Sorry man, that's rough.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984

@mrbojangles25 said:

It's interesting for me. I have pretty bad anxiety and depression so quite honestly I was self-isolating already for years.

So, on one hand, I am coping just fine because nothing has changed for me; but on the other hand, it's sort of depressing me, because nothing has changed for me. You have all these people saying "Oh this is so terrible, I miss this and that" and I'm like "Oh, yeah....ummmm....me too."

It's sort of a reality check to let me know when this is all over I need to change some stuff in my life. The fact that everyone else is so sad when they more or less have to do to themselves what I have been doing to myself for years is wake up call to me.

The one saving grace however is that I still get to work. It might actually be too much for me if I didn't get to work still.

I have been having the exact same thoughts. I have clinical depression for most of my life and I don't really socialize with anybody in real life but not even being able to walk around in malls or go out to eat and feel at least part of humanity is messing me up.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#24 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

@AFBrat77 said:

For me, this is where gaming comes into play. Fired up Balders Gate 2 and I am really enjoying going thru it again in a different way. I've also been playing Resident Evil 4 on my Gamecube.

Baldur's Gate 2 was one of my favorite games growing up. Lots of replay value, too. So much hidden content.

Avatar image for PfizersaurusRex
PfizersaurusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 PfizersaurusRex
Member since 2012 • 1503 Posts

I still go to work and most of my "social" life is online anyway. But one of my best friends totally freaked out, she's been in home quarantine for a few weeks now, even though she tested negative. And it seems to be getting worse, I mean I fear she'll have a panic attack once she eventually leaves her house. :/

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 horgen  Moderator

@mrbojangles25 said:

Do you have a hobby? It could be you need something to give life more meaning. If you are fairly inactive I would suggest trying to do something that gets you active. We are not built to sit on a couch all day long.

I'm no doctor though, so look at it as layman advice which might be very wrong.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#28 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

Just chillin' like Alucard.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18782 Posts

@warmblur: "do you think people really can last another 3 to 5 months like this?"

So this summer could be the worse ever?

realistic44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 realistic44
Member since 2008 • 8458 Posts

Hopefully it would clear up by mid- may - June ish. I want my life to return back to normal.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 55902 Posts

It wouldn't surprise me if there is rioting if things haven't started getting better by June. I'm still working and still playing it safe as I take care of patience in my local hospital. For better or worst, I'm in good financial shape which I am bless and my fiance works from home since she's a stay-home mom and that also helps her from not losing it. I on the other hand just come home and play my games since I'm a gamer after all and i don't go out that very often.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#32  Edited By pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9384 Posts

I wish people wouldn't be so crazy all the time........

but nooooo. People gotta gather in groups to protest the quarantine, or drive their cars to a parking lot somewhere and honk their horns incessantly as a protest.

I'm sick of seeing news stories of people making shit worse while I'm just trying to isolate myself so things get better as quickly as possible.

slates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 slates
Member since 2020 • 50 Posts

I give it another month or so

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#34 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6073 Posts

I'm an essential worker and happy as flies on sh*t that I have a job to go to every day. As I spend my time off in my apartment doing chores like sweeping, dishes in the sink instead of the dishwasher, move my bed to the side to sweep underneath it, etc.... I can understand people going stir-crazy sitting on the couch or stay in bed day after day, people should be doing things like cleaning, laundry, dishes by hand, video games, movies, tv shows, anything else that keeps the mind busy. Music, wood finish some of the furniture that needs to be done, draw pictures - paint pictures, phone a friend or loved one, etc.... I worry myself about the future as I'm living alone and have not fully self-isolate myself yet. I have mental health issues, pulmonary problems and am diabetic. I am concerned about my health and family/friends.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50497 Posts

About two weeks ago

dantesergei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#36 dantesergei
Member since 2004 • 2254 Posts

I don't know if introspection or COVID-19 are in the majority of people's "to avoid" list.

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#37 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts

Introvert's Log, Supplemental: Day 38:

"We are starting to forget what color the sky was. Unwashed roommate may be edible. Will need to sterilize first."

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#38  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Since I lack most of the desire to be around a human being, I don't really know what it feels like for others. For me, life has only gotten busier because of the self isolation. And it's tough for me to imagine people getting bored or going crazy with so many things that you could be doing or thinking or even feeling.

I suppose that video calls don't really do it for normal people? I tried it with my friends but I don't think it really fulfilled their desire for social stuff considering how frequently they are asking for another session. What is it exactly that you miss out on because of self isolation? Do you need the ability to touch each other? Do you need to be able to feel each other's breath on your skin? I don't really get it but if I know what is missing, maybe it's a problem that can be solved.

I am going to the supermarket tomorrow. Not so much that I have to, but I want to study what people are behaving like since I haven't seen them for a couple weeks. I would be surprised to notice anything different, but leave it to me to be ignorant of human factors.

For now, the only real human factor I took into consideration is that people who lose access to the economy are going to get their food one way or another. Which is why I want to avoid supermarkets, but I suspect most people will be there or at home.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 horgen  Moderator

@allicrombie said:

Introvert's Log, Supplemental: Day 38:

"We are starting to forget what color the sky was. Unwashed roommate may be edible. Will need to sterilize first."

And here I expect you to say the house/apartment was spotless.

RatchetClank92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 RatchetClank92
Member since 2020 • 1328 Posts

Domestic violence cases are going up here in Canada, quite a few stabbings in the last week that I have heard about on the news. I am sure tensions everywhere are pushing the limits.