How is Your 2019 Going So Far?

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#1 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

Hey Off Topic. How is this year going for you so far?

It's hard to believe we're already over 1/3rd of the way through 2019. We're not far out from Summertime, and in about as much more time it'll be Fall. It's going fast for me, at least.

I haven't been enjoying 2019. Just about every month this year has had a crappy moment. There have been some positives, the biggest one being I've enjoyed some nice days going for walks. And all things considered I'm still thankful to be here and getting by as best I can. But really, the first third has been rough. I am an optimist though, I think the rest of 2019 could improve.

Looking back over the past couple of years:

• I think 2018 started off good, but Summer and much of Fall sucked, but it ended on a better note. Ended up feeling lousy overall, though.
  • 2017 had some iffy moments but I remember it being mostly good. I think it was one of the better recent years, maybe? I felt like friends were around more then.
  • 2016 was manageable, and seemed like a full year with a lot of things going on. But a lot of crappy things happened, too. I'd say it balanced itself out and was kind of neutral.

I'd love it if I could say the first ~4 months of 2019 were crappy but the rest was great. But I guess that remains to be seen. As long as it doesn't get worse, I'll take it.

How's everyone else holding up this year?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
deactivated-5f4e2292197f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
Member since 2015 • 1374 Posts

I feel like 2017 was really good, but ever since its been nothing but hype, despite feeling like its getting and better and better each year. Maybe deals are getting less and less, and I'm playing more and more Game Pass.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7231 Posts

2018 was playing all the games I missed from 2017. 2019 I brought a PS4 so playing all the games I've missed mainly exclusives.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38677 Posts

2019 has been very hectic for me w/ my second daughter born shortly before the end of 2018 but no real complaints.

busy w/ work, busy at home. amazing how the time flies

CrimsonBrute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 CrimsonBrute  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 25603 Posts

Meh. Like most years it has been a bit of a roller coaster.

@comp_atkins said:

2019 has been very hectic for me w/ my second daughter born shortly before the end of 2018 ubt no real complaints.

A better-late-than-never congrats!

gmak2442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 gmak2442
Member since 2015 • 1089 Posts

A lot of work. Lack of pleasure.

It could get better to very good.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10435 Posts

it makes me sad reading these kind of threads. it's hard to get a sense of severity when people just say the year's been rough. i hope it's not rough as in been struggling to feed myself or seriously ill rough. my year's been ok so far. hope everyone who's struggling sees their fortunes turn round

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

I got my first full-time job so that was a step in the right direction. Though I've been thinking about looking for something more fulfilling. On a personal level, it's been meh.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#10 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

Going by quickly, to be honest.

Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Teenaged
Member since 2007 • 31764 Posts

Pretty bad.

And to think a friend of mine read the Tarot cards for me and said 2019 would be a relatively good year. Dont believe the Tarot cards, people.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

@saltslasher said:

I feel like 2017 was really good, but ever since its been nothing but hype, despite feeling like its getting and better and better each year. Maybe deals are getting less and less, and I'm playing more and more Game Pass.

I guess as far as gaming deals go I can't really comment much. I had an XBO-X last year and did enjoy a couple of games I got quite a bit, but it did get expensive fast. I didn't really take advantage of Game Pass. That said, they did have a pretty massive sale on the Xbox Marketplace last year, for digital purchases.

@comp_atkins said:

@robert_sparkes said:

2018 was playing all the games I missed from 2017. 2019 I brought a PS4 so playing all the games I've missed mainly exclusives.

I kind of go in these weird cycles like that, too. In 2017 I had a Switch and started enjoying some of its games, but got paranoid and sold it. In 2018 I started really missing having some games to play again, and got an Xbox One X, and by the end of that year I'd sold that as well. And this year I went and got a Switch again. It's a bad way to be, and hopefully I just kind of stick with what I've got for the time being.

To be honest I haven't really been in the mood to play console games anyway. More than anything I want to play WoW Classic. Go figure, lol. Maybe I still do want what I can't have?

@comp_atkins said:

2019 has been very hectic for me w/ my second daughter born shortly before the end of 2018 but no real complaints.

busy w/ work, busy at home. amazing how the time flies

Congrats on the bebe! I guess things are going well for you, then? Well anyway, I hope 2019 is going better for the newborn than it is for some of us, lol.

@crimsonbrute said:

Meh. Like most years it has been a bit of a roller coaster.

@comp_atkins said:

2019 has been very hectic for me w/ my second daughter born shortly before the end of 2018 ubt no real complaints.

A better-late-than-never congrats!

I guess they all have their ups and downs. Still, I feel like I was kind of able to rate the last three years as "neutral, good and lousy" lol. Granted none of these years have been as bad as I'm sure they were for many people. I still have my health. I guess I can't help myself but examine the annual trends of things.

@warmblur said:

I could get dramatic and dark but I wouldn't go that route lets just say things have been permanently ruined since the early 00's and that's all there is to it. Some problems are permanent and your're f$ck for life that's me a poster boy for one of the biggest fu$k ups in the world.

Well I'm sorry to hear that, Warmblur. I guess some problems can't be fixed, but you can always try your best to view things with a positive mindset and change things you can change. Sometimes I feel like a pretty big screw-up myself.

I think there's a lot of constants and variables in life. There's things that make you you, and problems that you face throughout lifetime. There's the growth and change you go through, and the new problems. I think one of my favorite pictures of myself is still my kindergarten yearbook photo. For some reason that picture captured perfectly who I am, the look on my face and all. I can think back to that picture and see myself, and realize that even though I've grown and changed as a person, that part of me is still there.

But some things are out of our control. You've got to make the best of things with what you've got. And if you're not good enough for this or that person, maybe the truth is they just aren't good enough for you.

@gmak2442 said:

A lot of work. Lack of pleasure.

It could get better to very good.

For me it feels like work goes kind of fast, and I have these good moments where it's still light outside and there's stuff to do and people to talk to, but then there are these long periods of time where I am stuck at home or driving around alone late at night, and there's not much to do - and that can get depressing.

I think things are slowly improving this month, but I guess right now I feel like there's a lot of conflict and a lot of people making things more complicated than they have to be.

@Macutchi said:

it makes me sad reading these kind of threads. it's hard to get a sense of severity when people just say the year's been rough. i hope it's not rough as in been struggling to feed myself or seriously ill rough. my year's been ok so far. hope everyone who's struggling sees their fortunes turn round

Fortunately I can say I'm not that bad off. I've had some pretty lousy things happen this year, but I still have been eating and I'm not dying of any major disease that I know of. It's been a disappointing beginning to the year, but not a wholly horrible one. I'm thankful things are going as well as they are at least.

@johnd13 said:

I got my first full-time job so that was a step in the right direction. Though I've been thinking about looking for something more fulfilling. On a personal level, it's been meh.

Congrats on landing the job! Well, you know work is something that changes over the years. You might never be fully-satisfied with whatever it is you're doing for a living, but as long as you're mostly managing it's important not to worry too much about the what-ifs. Just the other day I was debating going back to my old job, but like people pointed out to me, I'm probably not doing horrible where I am now - and I left the old job because that wasn't working out, lol.

@sonicare said:

Going by quickly, to be honest.

It is, quite. I'm going to be honest, it's the 14th now, we're already about halfway through May. Dang! Where is the time going?

I'd like to enjoy the Summer and meet new people, but gaging things based off of how quickly the year is going so far, who knows how much time we really have for the Summer? I guess the key is to not let everything completely pass you by, and to make something of the time you're given.

@Teenaged said:

Pretty bad.

And to think a friend of mine read the Tarot cards for me and said 2019 would be a relatively good year. Dont believe the Tarot cards, people.

Sorry to hear that, Teenaged.

You know, I still check my horoscopes every day. Every single day. I check different kinds of horoscopes focused on different aspects of my life, I check different websites sometimes, I check on horoscopes for today, tomorrow, the week, the month, and the year. I'm not sure how much it helps, but for some reason I really like to have that perspective on things.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

Quit my full time job at the start of this year. Now doing a partime job for the last 3 months and not get the urge to move on with my life.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

@Teenaged said:

Pretty bad.

Well it could be worse, couldn't it? :P

It's been alright so far.

kriggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 kriggy
Member since 2008 • 1314 Posts

I have no right to complain about my 2019. I quit my job mid-winter and went snowboarding in the mountains for the rest of the season. Got some real crazy powder days to remember for the rest of my life! And now I’m employed at a new place and things are going pretty well! Fun job even though I miss my former colleagues ?

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

It's my birthday and I have to go to work today. :(

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

@mandzilla: Happy Birthday, Mandzilla!

Well, I guess you've got to look at it like your exact birth date doesn't have as much weight as you give it. You've been almost this age for a few months now, you can simply pick an upcoming day off to celebrate a little.

All it really means is that 8760 hours passed again.

Avatar image for superfluousreal
SuperfluousReal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SuperfluousReal
Member since 2019 • 361 Posts

The start of my future.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts
@Ovirew said:

@mandzilla: Happy Birthday, Mandzilla!

Well, I guess you've got to look at it like your exact birth date doesn't have as much weight as you give it. You've been almost this age for a few months now, you can simply pick an upcoming day off to celebrate a little.

All it really means is that 8760 hours passed again.

Thanks very much @Ovirew! I appreciate it.

Hmm, well I guess when you put it like that it's kinda funny how some of us freak out at turning a certain age on a specific day when in fact it's a gradual aging process lol. Very true though, wasn't such a big deal having to go to work once I snapped out of my lazy spell anyway.

Mhm, and kinda crazy how fast those 8760 hours can fly by. Going to have to make the most of all that time this year I reckon!

And yes, this weekend I plan to have a belated bday bbq if the weather's good. ?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#21 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58938 Posts

Be awfully hard to top the shittyness of last year, but i'm sure something will happen.

Avatar image for clifford_sexylips
Clifford_Sexylips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 Clifford_Sexylips
Member since 2019 • 67 Posts

although it is still the beginnings of the year, I would describe it as bittersweet. A lot of failures but they were replaced by happy things from other people.

Peasly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#23 Peasly
Member since 2004 • 554 Posts

Almost into June already. Going too fast for my liking. Loving the games but dreading staring at my computer working at 6am in the dark in winter..!!

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#24 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Probably the most social year I've had since like 2011.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

@Gaming-Planet: I was actually hoping this year would be a little more social for me, that I might meet new people. But maybe I've resigned myself to the idea that I live in a big area where most people don't want to get to know anybody new. It doesn't help that I'm not very outgoing.

How have you been having success with social life?

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#26 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

@Ovirew said:

@Gaming-Planet: I was actually hoping this year would be a little more social for me, that I might meet new people. But maybe I've resigned myself to the idea that I live in a big area where most people don't want to get to know anybody new. It doesn't help that I'm not very outgoing.

How have you been having success with social life?

It's easier because I'm in school and got lucky grouping up with some social people in my classes. Also work on campus so I get to see a lot of the same people and make a lot of acquaintances.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#27 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts
Loading Video...

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Good so far. But, I haven't had much time for games over the past couple of months.

I did assemble a cheap i5-8600 PC and replaced my old car with a new one.

WickedMuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#32 WickedMuffin
Member since 2019 • 87 Posts

let me say it is not so good as I hope it would be

Avatar image for WSGRandomPerson
WSGRandomPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#33 WSGRandomPerson
Member since 2007 • 13697 Posts

Not so good.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d693385560c3
deactivated-5d693385560c3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-5d693385560c3
Member since 2012 • 666 Posts

@WSGRandomPerson said:

Not so good.

Same.

Mickeyminime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#36 Mickeyminime
Member since 2008 • 1581 Posts

Rather meh at the moment, i was diagnosed at the end of last year. I had my first main results and it wasn't good. So i'm hoping there will be an improvement when i get seen next time.

Blair5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Blair5
Member since 2019 • 32 Posts

kinda good, kinda fresh, I started new job, its fine.. I am trying to eat healthier and exercise more, be nicer to people. Honestly I am trying to make myself better.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

@blair5: I think this is kind of what my year has been evolving into. I have to take some steps to improve things in my life more this year.

I don't really want to deal with another year starting off the way this one did, so I am hoping to make some positive changes. I think I've been doing a better job of getting outside and going for walks, that has been a big improvement this year. It's been one of the big highlights of the year so far.

I also really want to save up money for the next step, whatever that is.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d8cc56f960a5
deactivated-5d8cc56f960a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-5d8cc56f960a5
Member since 2018 • 557 Posts

Epic Awesome?

gmak2442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#40 gmak2442
Member since 2015 • 1089 Posts

Good and bad. And of course all this hard. Pretty hard.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8770 Posts

I slumped into a funk. I feel like Thor in the last Avengers. But I took my bike out for the first time, recently. So maybe I will get back into my good habits again.

DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#42 DeadMan1290
Member since 2005 • 15752 Posts

Horrible first five months, to be honest. Things are picking up for the better this month, hopefully it stays like that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

We're nearly halfway through the year now, that just kind of occurred to me.

This year has been going by quickly. I think things have gradually improved, but I still don't have an over all 'good' perspective on 2019.

I wonder if the way I'm looking at things is wrong, if maybe I shouldn't compartmentalize year by year and judge them. I think it's probably best to live in the present and not categorize time like I sometimes do. I guess even when you take that away though, it's still difficult not to look back at that span of several weeks not so long ago that weren't so great.

I keep going back and forth on what I should do with my life after this year. Last year I changed jobs and thought that might lead me to the next step, and some good has come of it, but it's really made life more complicated and maybe it was the nail in the coffin for a few friendships I had. Lately it's like I'm just hanging on until I make a decision. I wish both options had more to offer than they do so far, though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ea0704839e9e
deactivated-5ea0704839e9e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-5ea0704839e9e
Member since 2017 • 2335 Posts

Ask the stalker ive got. Shes still at it.

VagrantSnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 VagrantSnow
Member since 2018 • 645 Posts

Can't complain too much. Would have liked to have found a new place to live by now. Living with my parents right now after my boyfriend of 10 years broke up with me and not exactly at the moving in stage with the current one. Other than that, work has been going well, finally got my student to open up more... on the last few days I was training her but she's got a job in another branch of the company so I am proud of her for that. Busiest branch in town though so I am wary on her ability to cope having been thrown into the deep end. She wasn't exactly the most confident in her own abilities. Beyond that, my only real pressing matter is finding myself a place to live that I can actually afford on my own.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

@warmblur: Sorry to hear that, warmblur. I know going by some of your older posts that there's probably a lot more to your reasoning for feeling that way. But on the flipside, maybe you can try to enjoy the gift of life as best you can, since that is one thing you've got going for you that the dead do not. You have thoughts and feelings, and things that you are passionate about. You can enjoy songs and movies, and the company of others. You might even be able to help someone else and feel good from accomplishing that.

As lousy as things can be sometimes, I try to find something about life to enjoy. It's kind of ironic that I went from a childhood fascinated by video games and cartoons, to an adulthood determined to find love and friendship, only to wind up gradually returning to fascination with video games and cartoons. At least I will always have that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts

@warmblur: I hope things change for you soon. I've noticed from your posts that you seem to be going through a lot right now. I know we don't really know each other but honestly feel free to message me if you need anything or if I can help in any way.