How do you see God and how strong is your faith?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

User Lists: 0

#201 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts

[QUOTE="Jag85"]

[QUOTE="chaoscougar1"]

E=MC^2

Einstein had it as a dimension long before string theory
And string theory is a little...meh

chaoscougar1

In other words, you're suggesting the Big Bang may have been some kind of nuclear explosion that converted mass into energy?

And fine, I'll re-word that part to: "Also, according to the general theory of relativity, time itself is just a dimension. We know our observable universe is bound by time, but there isn't any reason to believe that whatever may exist beyond the observable universe is also bound by time."

hahahahaha That is almost exactly what it was, except it converted energy into mass

If you are going by the theory of relativity now
That means time and space are one and the same
So how could anything exist outside the universe without time or space?

According to the Big Bang theory, at the beginning of the universe there was only energy. If the Big Bang was indeed some kind of nuclear explosion, then that would imply it converted mass into energy.

According to string theory, there are higher dimensions beyond the four dimensions of time-space.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202 Jag85

[QUOTE="Jag85"]

[QUOTE="Ace6301"]

But religious people hold the belief that something came from nothing in that God existed before everything so where did God come from? To say that he was just always there means that you can't disagree with the idea that the things that caused the big bang weren't also always there or possibly came from a prior universe.

wis3boi

I believe what most religious people believe is that God is eternal, not that God came from nothing. One cannot make the same argument about the universe, however, since we know that it did indeed have a beginning, so it therefore must have come from something. 

and your god came from nothing....and make the universe from...*gasp* nothing.  There goes that useless argument

Useless straw man. Like I already said, "what most religious people believe is that God is eternal, not that God came from nothing."

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 Jag85

So nothing substantial or remotely objective. And things that have been repeatedly refuted for centuries.foxhound_fox

And those refutations have been repeatedly refuted, and those refutations have in turn been refuted, and then those refutations refuted, and so on and so forth. There is "nothing substantial or remotely objective" about your comment.

Lol, strawman. Richard Dawkins is a scientist who agrees with the current majority that the big bang is the beginning point of the universe and it is not known what caused it (but it wasn't nothing, and it also wasn't a "God" entity). There are some scientists who believe that nothing became something (vacuum fluctuations in quantum physics) but their case isn't as strong yet.foxhound_fox

There is no straw man here. Dawkins has himself shown support for the idea that something came from nothing, in his conversations with Lawrence Krauss (arguably the leading proponent of that view) and on talk shows like this.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 Jag85

[QUOTE="Jag85"]

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"] So eternal burning is justice? I'm not trying to defend what people like him did. They deserve punishment, but hell is way too extreme.

Even in the bible it says that death is the debt that all men pay and that when they do so their slate is wiped clean. I'd say death is good enough. ShadowsDemon

I don't see how death is justice if that's something all of us will eventually face...

Besides, what about mass-murderers who get away without facing any punishment in their lifetime, like Genghis Khan, Josef Stalin, George Bush, etc.? 

So you think these people need to be tortured and punished, do you? And that's fair? I wouldn't mind punching Hitler in the face while he was still around, but to wish he was burning for eternity is...I dunno...slightly overdoing it?

I think it's only fair that mass-murderers at least get to feel the same pain that they inflicted upon their victims.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#205 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

There is "nothing substantial or remotely objective" about your comment.

Jag85

Except that the big bang theory has observable evidence to support it, that would be classified under objective.  The same can't be said for anything you're proposing. 

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 Jag85

[QUOTE="Jag85"]

HoolaHoopMan

Except that the big bang theory has observable evidence to support it, that would be classified under objective.  The same can't be said for anything you're proposing. 

Except the Big Bang theory has absolutely nothing at all to do with anything you were even saying... Once again, there is "nothing substantial or remotely objective" about your comment.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#207 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

[QUOTE="HoolaHoopMan"]

[QUOTE="Jag85"]

Jag85

Except the Big Bang theory has absolutely nothing at all to do with anything you were even saying... Once again, there is "nothing substantial or remotely objective" about your comment.

and what was my comment?
Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 Jag85
[QUOTE="Jag85"]

[QUOTE="HoolaHoopMan"]

HoolaHoopMan

and what was my comment?

Never mind, I thought you were someone else.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#209 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

And those refutations have been repeatedly refuted, and those refutations have in turn been refuted, and then those refutations refuted, and so on and so forth. There is "nothing substantial or remotely objective" about your comment.

Jag85

Holy fvcking shit that was the most circular, achieve-nothing argument I've ever read. All those "arguments" you posted have been refuted. The refutation of those arguments have not, because there is no objective evidence to prove the original arguments true. Vague assumptions like "it is complex, thus it must be designed" is ridiculous.
Dawkins has himself shown support for the idea that something came from nothing, in his conversations with Lawrence Krauss (arguably the leading proponent of that view) and on talk shows like this.

Jag85
The funny thing is, he has made comments to the contrary in other conversations/debates. His official position is that shared by science. Anything he says contrary, is likely a statement he makes entertaining a particular idea that you are taking out of context. You argue like a third grader. I'd like to see you apply these ontological/teleological arguments in a specific manner, rather than just broadly claiming they are true.
GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#210 GrayF0X786
Member since 2012 • 4185 Posts

[QUOTE="Asim90"]

[QUOTE="caseypayne69"]I see God as a force we as humans can't even be near of. I believe Jesus was God in the flesh and he left with humanity the Holy Spirit. It's based on faith. I pray but I'm the worst of sinners too. People don't believe in God because they don't want to follow his rules. So if they go on and pretend he doesn't exist then well they can live a happy worldly life.caseypayne69

Do you think Jesus would be happy to see you displaying images of a half naked woman? :lol:

Because we are all perfect right? I admit my faults. What do you gain by pointing fingers?

oh quit with the whole perfection talk honestly. 

GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#211 GrayF0X786
Member since 2012 • 4185 Posts

[QUOTE="chaoscougar1"]

[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"]LOL scientist.

what are his invention? other than stupidity,SNIPER4321

hahahahahahahaha
That was amazing

tell me what did he invent??? He is either comedian, or mentally ill. please dont insult intelligent scientists by calling him a scientist.. He is Joker

you tell me you only troll in system wars, but i cannot be;eive you are serious here in OT.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#212 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

[QUOTE="Jag85"]

I believe what most religious people believe is that God is eternal, not that God came from nothing. One cannot make the same argument about the universe, however, since we know that it did indeed have a beginning, so it therefore must have come from something. 

Jag85

and your god came from nothing....and make the universe from...*gasp* nothing.  There goes that useless argument

Useless straw man. Like I already said, "what most religious people believe is that God is eternal, not that God came from nothing."

God is now the end all be all according to most religios people...'eternal' :lol:  If you can make him eternal, than it shouldn't be so scary to think the universe is eternal as well.  Classic god of the gaps fallacy

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 Jag85

Holy fvcking shit that was the most circular, achieve-nothing argument I've ever read. All those "arguments" you posted have been refuted. The refutation of those arguments have not, because there is no objective evidence to prove the original arguments true. Vague assumptions like "it is complex, thus it must be designed" is ridiculous.foxhound_fox

And that was "the most circular, achieve-nothing argument" I've read in a while. Nowhere in your original post did you even ask for proof...

[QUOTE="Whiteblade999"]The way things are designed there is a hint of intelligent design [...]foxhound_fox

Such as...?

You asked for a hint, and that's exactly what I gave you. It's not my fault you "argue like a third grader."

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 wis3boi

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]

And that was "the most circular, achieve-nothing argument" I've read in a while. Nowhere in your original post did you even ask for proof...

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"][QUOTE="Whiteblade999"]The way things are designed there is a hint of intelligent design [...]Jag85

Such as...?

You asked for a hint, and that's exactly what I gave you. It's not my fault you "argue like a third grader."

so much irony

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 Jag85

[QUOTE="Jag85"]

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

wis3boi

God is now the end all be all according to most religios people...'eternal' :lol:  If you can make him eternal, than it shouldn't be so scary to think the universe is eternal as well.  Classic god of the gaps fallacy

According to the current Big Bang model of science, the universe is not eternal. Classic "false equivalence" fallacy.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 wis3boi

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

[QUOTE="Jag85"]

Jag85

According to the current Big Bang model of science, the universe is not eternal. Classic "false equivalence" fallacy.

the big bang says nothing of how the universe began...only how it expanded.  Tune in next week for another great episode of Tales from Jag85's Ass

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 Jag85

[QUOTE="Jag85"]

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

wis3boi

the big bang says nothing of how the universe began...only how it expanded.  Tune in next week for another great episode of Tales from Jag85's Ass

Firstly, the idea of an infinite eternal universe became obsolete when the Big Bang theory came along.

Secondly, the Big Bang model has established the universe to be finite and has established its age as being ~14 billion years old.

And finally, stop pulling nonsense your of your "Ass".

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#218 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

[QUOTE="chaoscougar1"][QUOTE="Jag85"]

In other words, you're suggesting the Big Bang may have been some kind of nuclear explosion that converted mass into energy?

And fine, I'll re-word that part to: "Also, according to the general theory of relativity, time itself is just a dimension. We know our observable universe is bound by time, but there isn't any reason to believe that whatever may exist beyond the observable universe is also bound by time."

Jag85

hahahahaha That is almost exactly what it was, except it converted energy into mass

If you are going by the theory of relativity now
That means time and space are one and the same
So how could anything exist outside the universe without time or space?

According to the Big Bang theory, at the beginning of the universe there was only energy. If the Big Bang was indeed some kind of nuclear explosion, then that would imply it converted mass into energy.

According to string theory, there are higher dimensions beyond the four dimensions of time-space.

I don't think you are getting the concept of E=MC^2 and how it relates to nuclear bombs/the big bang

So now you're back to string theory. Feel free to name the one of the other 7 dimensions that M-theory currently names and its purpose... Cause from what I read at GS, people have a very very poor understanding of dimensions, their impact on us and their limitations to us living in our 4D universe

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#219 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts

Not sure what you're trying to argue here, but the only "universe" I know is our own finite observable universe... To avoid confusion, maybe "space-time" might be a better term for what you're referring to?

As for string theory, you might find it "lame", but that doesn't change the fact that it's widely accepted by most leading physicists today, theist and atheist alike.

Jag85
The universe as in the encompassing of all things. You're right the only universe you (and I) know is our finite observable universe but you're small and completely insignificant in the grand scheme of things and as such it does not mean that the universe has been or always will be finite. I'm not really arguing anything, I'm correcting you on your false claim that the universe is inherently more finite than a creator. I would say it's very much the opposite. String theory is not widely accepted by most leading physicists and is actually kind of unpopular.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#220 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Jag85
 Sorry, I made a mistake. You argue like a kindergartener.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 wis3boi

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

[QUOTE="Jag85"]

Jag85

Firstly, the idea of an infinite eternal universe became obsolete when the Big Bang theory came along.

Secondly, the Big Bang model has established the universe to be finite and has established its age as being ~14 billion years old.

And finally, stop pulling nonsense your of your "Ass".

Thanks for showing everyone your complete lack of understanding of the reasoning for the big bang theory to begin with

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#222 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
Anyone think it's odd he keeps talking about the Big bang being the end all be all but keeps touting string theory?
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 wis3boi

Anyone think it's odd he keeps talking about the Big bang being the end all be all but keeps touting string theory?Ace6301

every time a layperson metions string theory, the spaghetti monster kills a seal

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#224 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"][QUOTE="Jag85"]

I don't see how death is justice if that's something all of us will eventually face...

Besides, what about mass-murderers who get away without facing any punishment in their lifetime, like Genghis Khan, Josef Stalin, George Bush, etc.? 

Jag85

So you think these people need to be tortured and punished, do you? And that's fair? I wouldn't mind punching Hitler in the face while he was still around, but to wish he was burning for eternity is...I dunno...slightly overdoing it?

I think it's only fair that mass-murderers at least get to feel the same pain that they inflicted upon their victims.

And that makes you better than them, does it? Before death maybe so. But an eternal hell is far too much. But yes, Hitler deserves more than he got. But a hell ain't the way to go.