How do you see God and how strong is your faith?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#151 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts

[QUOTE="Asim90"]

[QUOTE="caseypayne69"]I see God as a force we as humans can't even be near of. I believe Jesus was God in the flesh and he left with humanity the Holy Spirit. It's based on faith. I pray but I'm the worst of sinners too. People don't believe in God because they don't want to follow his rules. So if they go on and pretend he doesn't exist then well they can live a happy worldly life.GrayF0X786

Do you think Jesus would be happy to see you displaying images of a half naked woman? :lol:

What the bible says - "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them." Matthew 5:17

What Christians beleive -"Do not think that I have come to fulfill Law or the Prophets; I have not come to fulfill them but to destroy them. oh and pork is allowed now, i was just kidding before"

Pork is pretty fantastic, I can see why they'd be fine ignoring something like that.
Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#152 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

I see God as a loving and forgiving being who created the universe, and has had a guiding hand in it's process throughout time.

The_Lipscomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 The_Lipscomb
Member since 2013 • 2603 Posts

I haven't seen anyhing. So I believe I don't know.

LazySloth718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 LazySloth718
Member since 2011 • 2345 Posts

I'm not religious, I'm spiritual.

I believe there is "something" out there, forces or entities that aren't really understood, that interact with our world in different ways. It would not be wrong to call it God, Allah, the Universe, or what have you.

In that sense you can consider me a "believer." I find the very fact that we're all alive to be rather wonderous and incredible. I've always been in awe of this life and the world and universe, it seems rather preposterous to me to look at my life and say "nope, nothing extraordinary there."

Often I feel like life itself is like being in a shared dream with billions of others.

While I have no problem identifying myself as a Christian, Muslim, Jew, Buddhist (I have gone thru ALL these stages) or anything else, to me religion is mostly traditional CEREMONY for weddings and funerals. I don't think universal forces care if you are in a church or mosque or buddhist temple, they don't care if you got a blowjob, drank whiskey or even if you beat someone up, as these are normal natural parts of life. Where spirituality comes into play is how you regard your fellow humans, if you truly want good for others, if you care about your fellow human beings, or if you are just an evil sob who takes pleasure in hurting people with no pity. I consider myself a hard drinking, hard working, aggressive, domineering guy who's not afraid of giving someone a knuckle-sandwich, but I have never wanted bad for my fellow humans, or to just hurt someone for no reason. If I see someone weak, hungry or needing guidance, I help them. For this reason I sleep real good and feel like I have always been blessed.

Angie7F

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 Angie7F
Member since 2011 • 1175 Posts

God is non-existant to me and I dont have any faith in god.

caseypayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#156 caseypayne69
Member since 2002 • 5395 Posts

[QUOTE="caseypayne69"]I see God as a force we as humans can't even be near of. I believe Jesus was God in the flesh and he left with humanity the Holy Spirit. It's based on faith. I pray but I'm the worst of sinners too. People don't believe in God because they don't want to follow his rules. So if they go on and pretend he doesn't exist then well they can live a happy worldly life.Asim90

Do you think Jesus would be happy to see you displaying images of a half naked woman? :lol:

Because we are all perfect right? I admit my faults. What do you gain by pointing fingers?
caseypayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#157 caseypayne69
Member since 2002 • 5395 Posts

[QUOTE="GrayF0X786"]

[QUOTE="Asim90"]

Do you think Jesus would be happy to see you displaying images of a half naked woman? :lol:

Ace6301

What the bible says - "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them." Matthew 5:17

What Christians beleive -"Do not think that I have come to fulfill Law or the Prophets; I have not come to fulfill them but to destroy them. oh and pork is allowed now, i was just kidding before"

Pork is pretty fantastic, I can see why they'd be fine ignoring something like that.

Pork was banned because back then pigs ate their own crap which at the time had (can't rememver thing).  Once a human ate the pig that ate the (thing??) it caused boils in the skin.  So that was a health based law.

Today we don't have that issue hence pork is ok.

Necrifer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 Necrifer
Member since 2010 • 10629 Posts

I don't.

But that's cool if you do.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#159 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

I know God is there but for some reason I dun feel any kind of fear in my prayers .... I should be able to sense his present, sometimes I do but most of the time, just silence and this is a big turn off for me :?

omho88

How exactly do you pray? D:

EagleEyedOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 EagleEyedOne
Member since 2013 • 1676 Posts

God is a number.

CptJSparrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 CptJSparrow
Member since 2007 • 10898 Posts
God sees you, you don't see him
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 chaoscougar1
God sees you, you don't see himCptJSparrow
That sounds illegal
CptJSparrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 CptJSparrow
Member since 2007 • 10898 Posts
[QUOTE="CptJSparrow"]God sees you, you don't see himchaoscougar1
That sounds illegal

it is
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

God, Belief, Faith are very personal things that should only be shared with others on an idea basis alone, not a religious structure system.
My faith is quite weak but I hope and try and work to strengthen my faith every day, I believe in A god... 

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#166 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"] u cant see heat, air, etc we cant see your brain

Infrared camera. Wind. Crack open a skull.
Avatar image for deactivated-6243ee9902175
deactivated-6243ee9902175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 deactivated-6243ee9902175
Member since 2007 • 5847 Posts

I'm not sure if he exists or not because of lack of proof. The way things are designed there is a hint of intelligent design, but there is nothing concrete. For all I know God could not be how we percieve it at all, and instead a force of nature or something of that sort. 

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

I'm not sure if he exists or not because of lack of proof. The way things are designed there is a hint of intelligent design, but there is nothing concrete. For all I know God could not be how we percieve it at all, and instead a force of nature or something of that sort. 

Whiteblade999
lol Intelligent Design. What a crock of shit, the last death throws of the creationist movement.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 foxhound_fox
The way things are designed there is a hint of intelligent design [...]Whiteblade999
Such as...?
Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#171 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts

[QUOTE="Whiteblade999"]The way things are designed there is a hint of intelligent design [...]foxhound_fox
Such as...?

Cosmological argument, ontological argument, teleological argument, clockmaker analogy, etc.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 Jag85

[QUOTE="Whiteblade999"]

HoolaHoopMan

lol Intelligent Design. What a crock of shit, the last death throws of the creationist movement.

And the idea that something comes from nothing is not irrational? 

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 Ace6301

[QUOTE="HoolaHoopMan"][QUOTE="Whiteblade999"]

Jag85

But religious people hold the belief that something came from nothing in that God existed before everything so where did God come from? To say that he was just always there means that you can't disagree with the idea that the things that caused the big bang weren't also always there or possibly came from a prior universe.
HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

[QUOTE="HoolaHoopMan"][QUOTE="Whiteblade999"]

Jag85

Except that no theory is suggesting that. Dumb ass.
Avatar image for thriteenthmonke
thriteenthmonke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 thriteenthmonke
Member since 2005 • 49823 Posts
Nope. Magicarp status.
helwa1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 helwa1988
Member since 2007 • 2157 Posts
I see God( Allah) as the sole creator of everything in this universe. I consider my faith moderate. It use to be stronger But I've been so busy with life I haven't had much time for praying.
Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 Jag85

[QUOTE="Jag85"]

[QUOTE="HoolaHoopMan"] lol Intelligent Design. What a crock of shit, the last death throws of the creationist movement. Ace6301

Except that no theory is suggesting that. Dumb ass.

That's what leading atheist thinkers like Richard Dawkins have proposed. Nice trolling attempt though.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 Jag85

[QUOTE="Jag85"]

[QUOTE="HoolaHoopMan"] lol Intelligent Design. What a crock of shit, the last death throws of the creationist movement. Ace6301

But religious people hold the belief that something came from nothing in that God existed before everything so where did God come from? To say that he was just always there means that you can't disagree with the idea that the things that caused the big bang weren't also always there or possibly came from a prior universe.

I believe what most religious people believe is that God is eternal, not that God came from nothing. One cannot make the same argument about the universe, however, since we know that it did indeed have a beginning, so it therefore must have come from something. 

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 Ace6301

[QUOTE="Ace6301"][QUOTE="Jag85"]

Jag85

I believe what most religious people believe is that God is eternal, not that God came from nothing. One cannot make the same argument about the universe, however, since we know that it did indeed have a beginning, so it therefore must have come from something. 

The universe as we know it had a beginning. We're not sure if there was stuff before that, nor is it really possible to. To say that the materials required for the Big Bang couldn't exist without a beginning as we know it but God could is quite the double standard. Why say that something can be eternal but another can't? If I had to look at the universe and the God presented in various holy books and state which one is more likely to be an eternal entity I would say the universe. The god presented in those texts seems extremely finite.
Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 Jag85

[QUOTE="Jag85"]

[QUOTE="Ace6301"]

Ace6301

The universe as we know it had a beginning. We're not sure if there was stuff before that, nor is it really possible to. To say that the materials required for the Big Bang couldn't exist without a beginning as we know it but God could is quite the double standard. Why say that something can be eternal but another can't? If I had to look at the universe and the God presented in various holy books and state which one is more likely to be an eternal entity I would say the universe. The god presented in those texts seems extremely finite.

According to the current cosmological model, the universe was initially just pure energy, before particles began to form from that energy. There isn't anything to suggest that the necessary "material" existed before the "Big Bang" if there isn't known to be any particles when the universe began.

We know scientifically that the universe is finite, with a finite size and a finite length of time. There is no contradiction in agreeing that the universe is finite and had a beginning while at the same time believing that its hypothetical creator is infinite and eternal.

Also, according to string theory, time itself is just a dimension. We know our observable universe is bound by time, but there isn't any reason to believe that whatever may exist beyond the observable universe is also bound by time.

And lastly, I am only referring to the general concept of a creator, not the more specific interpretations from various religions.

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 Ace6301

Jag85

According to the current cosmological model, the universe was initially just pure energy, before particles began to form from that energy. There isn't anything to suggest that the necessary "material" existed before the "Big Bang" if there isn't known to be any particles when the universe began.

We know scientifically that the universe is finite, with a finite size and a finite length of time. There is no contradiction in agreeing that the universe is finite and had a beginning while at the same time believing that its hypothetical creator is infinite and eternal.

Also, according to string theory, time itself is just a dimension. We know our observable universe is bound by time, but there isn't any reason to believe that whatever may exist beyond the observable universe is also bound by time.

And lastly, I am only referring to the general concept of a creator, not the more specific interpretations from various religions.

Material was a bad word to use for that but "thing" doesn't really sound right for this. So at this point you're not really arguing anything. You've admitted what I've said about the universe possibly being infinite and instead seem hung up that I mean the universe as we observe and know it, that is NOT what I'm saying. I'm referring to the universe as an all encompassing entity of everything ever. It has more of a chance of being infinite than a creator being and not just on the sole reason that a creator being is incredibly unlikely to exist and has no evidence. Also string theory is pretty lame.
Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 Jag85

[QUOTE="Jag85"]

[QUOTE="Ace6301"]

Ace6301

Material was a bad word to use for that but "thing" doesn't really sound right for this. So at this point you're not really arguing anything. You've admitted what I've said about the universe possibly being infinite and instead seem hung up that I mean the universe as we observe and know it, that is NOT what I'm saying. I'm referring to the universe as an all encompassing entity of everything ever. It has more of a chance of being infinite than a creator being and not just on the sole reason that a creator being is incredibly unlikely to exist and has no evidence.

Also string theory is pretty lame.

Not sure what you're trying to argue here, but the only "universe" I know is our own finite observable universe... To avoid confusion, maybe "space-time" might be a better term for what you're referring to?

As for string theory, you might find it "lame", but that doesn't change the fact that it's widely accepted by most leading physicists today, theist and atheist alike.

The_Power_of_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 The_Power_of_X
Member since 2013 • 563 Posts

I'm not religous. I still identify as a Catholic but that's more because of my culture.

Blood-Scribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 Blood-Scribe
Member since 2007 • 6465 Posts

As for string theory, you might find it "lame", but that doesn't change the fact that it's widely accepted by most leading physicists today, theist and atheist alike.

Jag85
Err no it's not, actually.
coolkid93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#186 coolkid93
Member since 2007 • 6749 Posts
I believe in God and my faith is veeery strong in him.
Hakumen21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 Hakumen21
Member since 2013 • 359 Posts

someone who is possible fake.

What kind of God is this hypocritical?

Also, the fact that in the Bible it mentions that all other religions are fake and their worshipps something something. is a dead giveaway.

liberalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 liberalus
Member since 2013 • 791 Posts

i see god as fake. no such thing as a god.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 chaoscougar1

Jag85

E=MC^2

Einstein had it as a dimension long before string theory
And string theory is a little...meh

Hakumen21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 Hakumen21
Member since 2013 • 359 Posts

I believe something of a higher power started the world and revolved it around physical laws. 

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 Jag85

[QUOTE="Jag85"]

[QUOTE="Ace6301"]

chaoscougar1

E=MC^2

In other words, you're suggesting the Big Bang may have been some kind of nuclear explosion that converted mass into energy?

And fine, I'll re-word that part to: "Also, according to the general theory of relativity, time itself is just a dimension. We know our observable universe is bound by time, but there isn't any reason to believe that whatever may exist beyond the observable universe is also bound by time."

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 chaoscougar1

[QUOTE="chaoscougar1"]

[QUOTE="Jag85"]

Jag85

E=MC^2

In other words, you're suggesting the Big Bang may have been some kind of nuclear explosion that converted mass into energy?

And fine, I'll re-word that part to: "Also, according to the general theory of relativity, time itself is just a dimension. We know our observable universe is bound by time, but there isn't any reason to believe that whatever may exist beyond the observable universe is also bound by time."

hahahahaha That is almost exactly what it was, except it converted energy into mass If you are going by the theory of relativity now That means time and space are one and the same So how could anything exist outside the universe without time or space?
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#193 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

Jag85

and your god came from nothing....and make the universe from...*gasp* nothing.  There goes that useless argument

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#194 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"][QUOTE="Jag85"]

I don't have any sympathy for power-hungry mass-murderers who abuse their power to get away with crimes against humanity without having to face any consequences for it on Earth. I think it's more comforting to believe that there will be an ultimate justice for people like that rather than no justice at all.

Jag85

So eternal burning is justice? I'm not trying to defend what people like him did. They deserve punishment, but hell is way too extreme.

Even in the bible it says that death is the debt that all men pay and that when they do so their slate is wiped clean. I'd say death is good enough.

I don't see how death is justice if that's something all of us will eventually face...

Besides, what about mass-murderers who get away without facing any punishment in their lifetime, like Genghis Khan, Josef Stalin, George Bush, etc.? 

So you think these people need to be tortured and punished, do you? And that's fair? I wouldn't mind punching Hitler in the face while he was still around, but to wish he was burning for eternity is...I dunno...slightly overdoing it?
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 foxhound_fox
Cosmological argument, ontological argument, teleological argument, clockmaker analogy, etc.Jag85
So nothing substantial or remotely objective. And things that have been repeatedly refuted for centuries.
That's what leading atheist thinkers like Richard Dawkins have proposed. Nice trolling attempt though.Jag85
Lol, strawman. Richard Dawkins is a scientist who agrees with the current majority that the big bang is the beginning point of the universe and it is not known what caused it (but it wasn't nothing, and it also wasn't a "God" entity). There are some scientists who believe that nothing became something (vacuum fluctuations in quantum physics) but their case isn't as strong yet.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts
how come god was jonny-involvement back in the day but no so much anymore?comp_atkins
I like think because back in the day satan wasn't nearly such an influential figure and it was god whom was dealing out punishment and tests along with rewards...etc But the christian church started pushing forth a view of god that as long as you believed in christ good things would come to you because god never punished anyone that didn't deserve it and only satan would harras you. One must remember that the Hebrew god was basically a mountain god, and the Hebrew religious system wasn't monotheistic they actually recognized the gods of other peoples.
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 chaoscougar1

LOL scientist.

what are his invention? other than stupidity,SNIPER4321

hahahahahahahaha
That was amazing

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#200 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

[QUOTE="chaoscougar1"]

[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"]LOL scientist.

what are his invention? other than stupidity,SNIPER4321

hahahahahahahaha
That was amazing

tell me what did he invent??? He is either comedian, or mentally ill. please dont insult intelligent scientists by calling him a scientist.. He is Joker

Rofl.

Who is the comedian, mentally ill and a joker here ?