How do you feel about Kornheiser's comments, suspention?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hodges_3_5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 hodges_3_5
Member since 2008 • 351 Posts

http://blog.timesunion.com/sportsmedia/espn-suspends-kornheiser-for-two-weeks-was-it-necessary/3717/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jM9VqH7Jjo0

Well, do you think he has the right to say the things he did? Do you think he deserved the suspension?

I think he deserved the punishment. In any job you won't get away with saying negative comments about co-workers and not expect something to happen. And the comments were kind of mean. :?

Avatar image for SteveTabernacle
SteveTabernacle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 SteveTabernacle
Member since 2010 • 2584 Posts
In any properly run workplace environment, that would result in some punishment. Making such comments about co-workers is very disruptive, and hurt the efficiency of the company. I can confidently say that such public humiliation of one of my employees by another would have very similar results where I work. I take that sort of thing very seriously, as do the other members of management where I am employed.
monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#3 monkeytoes61
Member since 2005 • 8399 Posts
His comments were hilarious. "Sausage casing" was my personal favorite. He deserved the punishment though.
Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts

Are you serious? all he did was say he didn't like a persons outfit and he thought it was too revealing

dlionsfan09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 dlionsfan09
Member since 2010 • 181 Posts

to be honest tc im appauled you think he deserved it

you think he deserves to probably be fierd to saying someone looked like a sausage casing and hideous

i guess you never talked junk about your co workers...it wasnt even that rude anyways.....it was funny thats how tony always is

plus that outfit was bad to

hodges_3_5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hodges_3_5

you think he deserves to probably be fierd to saying someone looked like a sausage casing and hideous

i guess you never talked junk about your co workers...it wasnt even that rude anyways.....it was funny thats how tony always is

dlionsfan09
I see what your saying, but he is saying this on national tv. I don't think it was right for him to bash her so openly on radio?...tv?
Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts

If Kornheiser had been working in short shorts and an ugly shirt no woman would've been suspended if they said his outfit was horrifying and too short.

What else did he say? The link only said a few things

hodges_3_5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 hodges_3_5

If Kornheiser had been working in short shorts and an ugly shirt no woman would've been suspended if they said his outfit was horrifying and too short.

What else did he say? The link only said a few things

darth-pyschosis
The youtube video is his whole conversation.
dlionsfan09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 dlionsfan09

[QUOTE="dlionsfan09"]

hodges_3_5

I see what your saying, but he is saying this on national tv. I don't think it was right for him to bash her so openly on radio?...tv?

it was on radio not tv......

hodges_3_5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 hodges_3_5

[QUOTE="hodges_3_5"][QUOTE="dlionsfan09"]

dlionsfan09

Right. But when you insult people at work your not doing it to the nation. :?
XturnalS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 XturnalS
Member since 2004 • 5020 Posts

I think that just verbally reprimanding him would've been enough he apologized already. I didn't think that outfit was as ridiculous as he made it seem at first but I do agree that its bad for the work atmosphere to have fellow employees making fun of each other.

dlionsfan09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 dlionsfan09

[QUOTE="dlionsfan09"]

[QUOTE="hodges_3_5"] I see what your saying, but he is saying this on national tv. I don't think it was right for him to bash her so openly on radio?...tv?hodges_3_5

tc if you find what he said insulting i beg to differ it was nothing ive heard 100 times worse

come on....sensitive people

hodges_3_5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 hodges_3_5

dlionsfan09

tc if you find what he said insulting i beg to differ it was nothing ive heard 100 times worse

No offense to women, but, shes a girl, don't you think she is gonna take that to heart? Im really not being "sensitive", but there is a line of making fun of people when they aren't around, and embarrassing someone to the nation.
peaceoutmedusa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 peaceoutmedusa
Member since 2010 • 2130 Posts
[QUOTE="dlionsfan09"]

exactly. ESPN is really ballsy to suspend him for 2 weeks.
muller39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 muller39
Member since 2008 • 14953 Posts

Im not saying the comments Tony said were warranted but if you see what she is wearing it is truely ridiculous.

dlionsfan09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 dlionsfan09

[QUOTE="dlionsfan09"]

[QUOTE="hodges_3_5"] Right. But when you insult people at work your not doing it to the nation. :?hodges_3_5

No offense to women, but, shes a girl, don't you think she is gonna take that to heart? Im really not being "sensitive", but there is a line of making fun of people when they aren't around, and embarrassing someone to the nation.

he didnt even say anything

have you ever watched john stewart

colbert

jay lenno

david letterman

joel mcale

daniel tosh

they make fun of people 1000 times worse

he said he didnt like her outfit give the guy a break its not like he said what don imus did

hodges_3_5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 hodges_3_5

dlionsfan09

he didnt even say anything

have you ever watched john stewart

colbert

jay lenno

david letterman

joel mcale

daniel tosh

they make fun of people 1000 times worse

he said he didnt like her outfit give the guy a break its not like he said what don imus did

very good point. but its not his job to criticize coworkers, he was supposed to be talking about sports.
SpaceMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 SpaceMoose
Member since 2004 • 10789 Posts

I'm pretty sure that if at any of the jobs I've had I publicly declared that something a coworker was wearing was a "horrifying outfit", management would at the very least have a discussion with me. In some places you might even get fired for something like that. Certainly most places would can you if you did it repeatedly. Why should it be any different at a radio show? Just because some comedy shows and political shows and such have basically no standards at all on what can and can't be said, that doesn't mean everything is like that or should be like that.

A_Mobile_Doll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 A_Mobile_Doll
Member since 2009 • 919 Posts

Yeah, I thought Kornheiser was out of line on this one. There was no need to slam a co-worker like that.

Tony is still cool though. PTI is always better with him.