How do you deal with exams?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Solid_Tango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Solid_Tango
Member since 2009 • 8609 Posts

Do you actually study? hope for the best in the last moment?

I have a biology test tomorrow and i havent study ( its 23 pm here ) why havent i study? because i already gave up, i know i wont get a good grade no matter what ( happend before that i studied alot and got a really bad grade anyway) I have the book open besides me but i know that no matter what i do it wont do any good :(

Funny because i almost always do last minute study ( like waking up at 5 am and study ) and get a good grade, but not in biology :(

So how do you deal with the classes you dislike? and exams?

Samurai-Panda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Samurai-Panda
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Not great. I study like crazy then mess it up on the day. Every. Damn. Time.
Avatar image for deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

I have a biology test tomorrow and i havent study ( its 23 pm here ) why havent i study? because i already gave up, i know i wont get a good grade no matter what ( happend before that i studied alot and got a really bad grade anyway) I have the book open besides me but i know that no matter what i do it wont do any good :(

Funny because i almost always do last minute study ( like waking up at 5 am and study ) and get a good grade, but not in biology :(

So how do you deal with the ****s you dislike? and exams?

Solid_Tango

What? Anyways, I only study if I absolutely need to. Even then I may wait until like 10 minutes before it starts.

Solid_Tango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Solid_Tango

[QUOTE="Solid_Tango"]

So how do you deal with the ****s you dislike? and exams?

sherman-tank1

What? Anyways, I only study if I absolutelyneed to. Even then I may wait until like 10 minutes before it starts.

11 pm?
comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38691 Posts
i learned the material during class and also studied for the exams
Avatar image for deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

11 pm? Solid_Tango
So that would 23 hours not 23 pm? Just got me a bit confused there.

CheapPerfume

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 CheapPerfume
Member since 2011 • 75 Posts
I usually wake up, go to class, and am surprised when it's test day. Then I look at this piece of paper handed to me, and ace it. I ace it so hard that the teacher feels the power of the lead of my number two mechanical pencil. I hand the paper back and light a smoke in the center of the desks filled with narrow minded sheep, busily scratching at their papers. A few whines of protest are heard from the lemmings about my smoking, but then I have sex with the professor. WINNING!
Bane_09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Bane_09
Member since 2010 • 3394 Posts

I dont really worry too much about exams Im a good test taker surprisingly. I usually dont study but when I do its the night before the esam and the morning of. I found the best way to prepare is a good nights sleep, a good meal the day of, and to stay well hydrated :)

Solid_Tango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Solid_Tango
[QUOTE="CheapPerfume"]I usually wake up, go to class, and am surprised when it's test day. Then I look at this piece of paper handed to me, and ace it. I ace it so hard that the teacher feels the power of the lead of my number two mechanical pencil. I hand the paper back and light a smoke in the center of the desks filled with narrow minded sheep, busily scratching at their papers. A few whines of protest are heard from the lemmings about my smoking, but then I have sex with the professor. WINNING!

You sir are an inspiration for men worldwide!
Darthkaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 Darthkaiser
Member since 2006 • 12447 Posts
[QUOTE="CheapPerfume"]I usually wake up, go to class, and am surprised when it's test day. Then I look at this piece of paper handed to me, and ace it. I ace it so hard that the teacher feels the power of the lead of my number two mechanical pencil. I hand the paper back and light a smoke in the center of the desks filled with narrow minded sheep, busily scratching at their papers. A few whines of protest are heard from the lemmings about my smoking, but then I have sex with the professor. WINNING!Solid_Tango
You sir are an inspiration for men worldwide!

Assume the profesor is male
BMD004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BMD004
Member since 2010 • 5883 Posts

If I'm really in a jam like that, I'll flip to the end of the chapeters and read the summaries they usually have. That way, I may be able to pick up a few answers that I read in the summary, and get the gist of the chapter. Then, based on that, I can make better educated guesses if it is a multiple choice test.

And, I'll also wake up a little early to study. I'm one of those people that could never pull an all-nighter. If I'm tired, I can't concentrate enough to study. So I'll just wake up early and I can learn very fast.

So read the summaries, and read the definitions, and that will probably help you a lot.

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#13 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
I rarely studied for exams.
vguy555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 vguy555
Member since 2007 • 4625 Posts

I pay attention during the classes so I only have to study for 1-2 hours the night before the test.

BMD004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BMD004
I rarely studied for exams.Allicrombie
They always tell you for every hour you spend in class, you need 2 hours of studying outside of class. I know that in complete BS because there are probably about 8 hours of class time between exams. So that would mean you have to study for 16 hours outside of class? That makes no sense. If I go to class and pay attention, I will only need to study for about an hour of looking through my book and over my notes the day before the exam, and I can get at least a B. Who the hell studies for 16 hours?
Solid_Tango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Solid_Tango

If I'm really in a jam like that, I'll flip to the end of the chapeters and read the summaries they usually have. That way, I may be able to pick up a few answers that I read in the summary, and get the gist of the chapter. Then, based on that, I can make better educated guesses if it is a multiple choice test.

And, I'll also wake up a little early to study. I'm one of those people that could never pull an all-nighter. If I'm tired, I can't concentrate enough to study. So I'll just wake up early and I can learn very fast.

So read the summaries, and read the definitions, and that will probably help you a lot.

BMD004
Will do, the problem is that this is not a multiple choice test, also she s testing us on 2 chapters ;( and i m already failing the class big time :( but yeah i think i m going to bed and study tomorrow morning
metroidprime55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 metroidprime55
Member since 2008 • 17657 Posts

I usually study during lunch, the only subjects I really have to worry about as far a studying are english and history, geomatry and chemistry tests are always really easy.

BMD004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BMD004
[QUOTE="Solid_Tango"][QUOTE="BMD004"]

Will do, the problem is that this is not a multiple choice test, also she s testing us on 2 chapters ;( and i m already failing the class big time :( but yeah i think i m going to bed and study tomorrow morning

2 chapters is nothing. Just wondering...are you in high school? Anyway, just study at every possible moment. Wake up early and study, then study on your way to school, and study in other classes.
LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#19 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts

in high school, i never studied. some courses were just laughable (gym had a final :lol: ). there were literature based courses where it really came down to "did i read the books or not?" most math classes had formulas given and it was high school so it was mostly self explanatory from there.

i went to a pretty tough college, so i had to study there. i generally just cleared up my schedule for the night before the test and took the time i needed.

Darthkaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20 Darthkaiser
Member since 2006 • 12447 Posts
[QUOTE="Allicrombie"]I rarely studied for exams.BMD004
They always tell you for every hour you spend in class, you need 2 hours of studying outside of class. I know that in complete BS because there are probably about 8 hours of class time between exams. So that would mean you have to study for 16 hours outside of class? That makes no sense. If I go to class and pay attention, I will only need to study for about an hour of looking through my book and over my notes the day before the exam, and I can get at least a B. Who the hell studies for 16 hours?

Usually in my major I have to study sometimes for like 48 hours if I want to get a good grade. Sometimes 48 hours straight sometimes in a week
Avatar image for KatieKatastroph
KatieKatastroph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 KatieKatastroph
Member since 2010 • 38 Posts

I usually study before I go to bed. Then study before the test starts. :D

muller39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 muller39
Member since 2008 • 14953 Posts

I study alot.

UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#23 UT_Wrestler
Member since 2004 • 16426 Posts
You wait to the day before a test to start studying and you're complaining about getting a bad grade? Great
Zilch90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Zilch90
Member since 2009 • 354 Posts

It depends on the class. Some classes I just look skim through the book and look at what the professor went over in class. Others I tend to spend anywhere from 10-30 hours the week before studing to get a good grade.

Suzy_Q_Kazoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Suzy_Q_Kazoo
Member since 2010 • 9899 Posts

Study the night before then b**** about it if I get a bad grade T_T

I need to change my habits.

purelife214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 purelife214
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Really try and get a good nights sleep prior to the exam. Get the usual 8 hours of sleep and remember to drink lots of water! Additional advice: Plan well in advance for exam week Schedule your study time, blocking out hours specifically for each course Arrive early for the actual test, so you have time to deal with any unexpected problems
Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#27 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

I have an aural skills exam tuesday. If I dont practice Im totally f*cked.

lKoRuPT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 lKoRuPT
Member since 2005 • 264 Posts

Well, I plan my semesters to have balance of difficult and moderate/easy classes. This semester I have organic chemistry, biology, spanish and religion. I review my biology notes for about 2-3 hours a week, and like two days before the test I just re read them all over. I try to understand the concepts themselves it makes it easier. For organic, I mainly just work practice problems in the back of the textbook and study the mechanisms. I spend more time on organic than the other classes. Spanish isn't that difficult but during the week of exam I study like 2 hours starting about 2-3 days before the exam and do fine. The religion class is just a writing/discussion class, so there are no exams.

It's more helpful if you try to understand the concepts behind the work rather than root memorization, because that is just boring and you won't even remember it a week or so after the exam.

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#29 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts
I begin studying for them as soon as I've finished my assignments. Usually I have about a month to prepare.
pero2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 pero2008
Member since 2005 • 2969 Posts

It depends on the exam but for most exams I study right before it and usually pass, but when it comes to math if I don't do the homework I basically fail the tests.

Avatar image for MetalGear_Ninty
MetalGear_Ninty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 MetalGear_Ninty
Member since 2008 • 6337 Posts
I've studied really hard for pretty much every exam I've taken since I was about 14. It's an absolute necessity if you want to do the absolute best you can. Talent can only get you so far.
supergoat777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 supergoat777
Member since 2010 • 1470 Posts

So how do you deal with the classes you dislike? and exams?

Solid_Tango

Am faceing the EXACT same problem here. Am just going to study everything a head of time in bio now. From now on once I get the noted in biology I will study them. I only got a 76 on today's biology test :cry:

jaqulle999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 jaqulle999
Member since 2009 • 2897 Posts

I have a bio test tommorrow too, along with a vocab test, geometry quiz, and i might have to present a project for italian. We had a standardized test all week and now my all my teachers teachers want to give test tommorrow and i haven't studied yet. I'm also on vacation all weekend and have a lab report due monday so i don't know when i'll do that. lets just say i can't wait until next week.

AWildMeowth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 AWildMeowth
Member since 2011 • 138 Posts

I study by playing Trials HD for a few hours. I'm still in HS, so exams aren't hard and I assume they will get harder in college, in which case I will study.

Then again, I don't study for AP exams...

mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 mindstorm
Member since 2003 • 15255 Posts
In high school I never studied. In university I studied enough to do well. In seminary I study constantly. The higher my degree programs go the more I have to study. However, this also means I enjoy the material more.
Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
I run in circles at my University screaming like mad.
Xeros606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Xeros606
Member since 2007 • 11126 Posts
Since I usually pay attention in class and take good notes, preparation is minimal. I pretty much never study unless I'm really unsure about the material.
TehOverkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 TehOverkill
Member since 2011 • 754 Posts

I study and do well. Study's practically my only obligation: I've got my university set and my parents give me the funds for rent, food, entertainment, etc. The least I could do is study my a** off, since that's the only type of "work" I've got to do.

yachtboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 yachtboy
Member since 2003 • 1612 Posts
I always studied a little as an underclassman but never really that much.... maybe the day before the test and always got really great grades.... once I was in my third and forth year though I had to study a lot more. The first test of my junior year I got a 72 using my "underclassman" version of studying and so from that point on I changed how I studied and haven't had a problem since. All you have to do is study on the weekend a little during the 4 months of the course and almost every day for a few hours the last week and you won't have any problems. But of course everything is relative... you can be taking a 4000 level class with a hard *** and even if you study every day for 4 months you still get a B, or you can be taking a 3000 level class with an easy teacher and never study and still end up with an easy A.
Avatar image for the_ChEeSe_mAn2
the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 the_ChEeSe_mAn2
Member since 2003 • 8463 Posts
I study as much as I humanly can before I start forgetting and I do my very best on the exams. I still very much dislike exams and they cause me the most anxiety and stress.