How do you cope with lazy segments of your life?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dark_drag765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 dark_drag765
Member since 2005 • 1041 Posts

Back in 2011/2012/2013 I would visit gamespot with sock puppets, exercise and attend college.

Now I am in this incredibly lazy period of my life. Surprisingly gamespot unbanned my account albeit some of my posts were gone. I tried getting a job but I couldn't maintain it. Not because I am an alcoholic just I lacked work ethic I suppose.

I was actually doing a decent amount of work with 2 jobs and sock puppets at one period in my life.

Would you all recommend a consistent sleep schedule. How do you cope with laziness?

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 Catalli
Member since 2014 • 3453 Posts

You sure you aren't depressed?

Maybe try to organize your weeks, if you know what to do with your time you might not waste it as much. I can't really say, I've had my lazy moments, but I've always been getting along with my life despite the extra procrascination.

dark_drag765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 dark_drag765
Member since 2005 • 1041 Posts

@ianhh6 said:

You sure you aren't depressed?

Maybe try to organize your weeks, if you know what to do with your time you might not waste it as much. I can't really say, I've had my lazy moments, but I've always been getting along with my life despite the extra procrascination.

Nope, I mean. I comment on gamefaqs every now and then but I feel like I lost my groove.

I was actually more "depressed" when I was getting work/progress done.

Although to be fair nothing I really did was that substantial. Any moron can use a proxy to create numerous accounts. Hence maybe that is why I stopped. Thankfully gamespot decided to unban me. I just wish that the picture I posted on LostVoyager which was kind of proof of identity remained.

How do you deal with your procrastination. Do you feel that procrastinating enables you to work better?

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 Catalli
Member since 2014 • 3453 Posts

@dark_drag765 said:

How do you deal with your procrastination. Do you feel that procrastinating enables you to work better?

God no. This last term I was hitting my head against a wall because of my low gpa, because I knew I did **** all, and could've done better.

I rest plenty and do plenty things which I like and keep me happy, so any extra procrascination is really just eating away at my productive time.

BiancaDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#5  Edited By BiancaDK
Member since 2008 • 19092 Posts

whats with the sock puppets brah

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

@magicalclick said:

I basically procrastinate a lot, and then mentally slap myself in the face, and get back to work. I am usually good at bottom line. I know what I need to get done and I get it done. I do a lot of delayed reactions due to laziness. Thus, when I decided to do something, the urgency is very high. But, I always acknowledged the urgency and get it done.

Well.... i'm on the same page with you.

Need to find a way to deal with this procrastination .... when the urgency calls i get it down but i always regret why i procrastinated!

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

@magicalclick said:

@mjorh:

No need to regret it. Procrastination is awesome. :p.

It has its own pleasure :P

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#10  Edited By Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

I go and do random shit without question and eventually something or someone inspires me to pursue a new goal.

MUST TRY ALL THINGS!