How do I keep up conversation with a girl I already know really well?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Orehhet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Orehhet
Member since 2008 • 327 Posts

Ok I like this girl, and I know her really well.. This should be a good thing, but it's not really because small talk doesn't work..

I'm NOT a stalker(I have to make this disclaimer because usually only stalkers know people this well), but she and I talk a lot and she tells me everything she does, when. I can't ask her what she had for dinner because odds are I already know what it is, I can't ask her how she spent her weekend because I know what she does on her weekend..

Basically any form of small talk doesn't help because I know her to the point where I don't have to ask her if she had a rough day, because I can tell she had one.. By the way, she already knows I like her, so that's a problem down.. The thing is I wanna keep talking to her but I literally have nothing to talk to her about. We have TONS in common, except that we've gone through it over and over.

muffincakes87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 muffincakes87
Member since 2008 • 3913 Posts

Ask her out?

It will spice things up.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

Fake it, just ask her questions even if you know the answers already.

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Pirate700
Member since 2008 • 46465 Posts

One thing I learned is if you can't think of anything to talk about together, the relationship is doomed from the start. You shouldn't have to think of stuff to talk about. It should just flow.

Agent-Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Agent-Zero
Member since 2009 • 6198 Posts
Tell her this, "I like you. Like really like you. And I want to kiss you right now." That'll give you something to talk about (if you aren't busy making out)
muller39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 muller39
Member since 2008 • 14953 Posts

One thing I learned is if you can't think of anything to talk about together, the relationship is doomed from the start. You shouldn't have to think of stuff to talk about. It should just flow.

Pirate700
I completely agree with Pirate here.
Orehhet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Orehhet

Pirate700
I think we can.. it's just that you can only rephrase 183,128 questions so many times.
The_Bio_Shu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 The_Bio_Shu
Member since 2010 • 550 Posts
hmm.. i would ask my parents if i was in your situation. but i always have something to talk about with my girl.
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Pirate700
Member since 2008 • 46465 Posts

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

Orehhet

I think we can.. it's just that you can only rephrase 183,128 questions so many times.

Maybe don't ask questions then. Just talk...

binpink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 binpink
Member since 2009 • 9163 Posts

Maybe you can tell her about something you read online or saw on tv that made you feel angry/happy/concerned/whatever. You could talk about deeper issues or get her opinion on stuff way outside of your daily routines. If you're not sure she'll take the bait maybe sound a bit more concerned than you are or like you aren't sure what to think and need her help with something. She might be more willing to go into a new topic if you seem super interested in what she thinks. Just my thoughts.

Orehhet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Orehhet

[QUOTE="Orehhet"][QUOTE="Pirate700"]

Pirate700

Maybe don't ask questions then. Just talk...

I think I'll do that.
Orehhet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Orehhet

Maybe you can tell her about something you read online or saw on tv that made you feel angry/happy/concerned/whatever. You could talk about deeper issues or get her opinion on stuff way outside of your daily routines. If you're not sure she'll take the bait maybe sound a bit more concerned than you are or like you aren't sure what to think and need her help with something. She might be more willing to go into a new topic if you seem super interested in what she thinks. Just my thoughts.

binpink

Thank you. :D

camarowu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 camarowu
Member since 2005 • 412 Posts

Enough talk, time for action!

Dylan_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Dylan_11
Member since 2005 • 11296 Posts

If you have to think about conversations beforehand you aren't doing it right.

binpink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 binpink
Member since 2009 • 9163 Posts

[QUOTE="binpink"]

Orehhet

Sure thing. It's a tricky situation and that's all I can think of. That or cutting back on how often you talk a little bit. :?

unityskater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 unityskater
Member since 2010 • 66 Posts

Talk, hang out more, do dumb stuff and make memories that'll give you something to talk about

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts
Well there is a filter you should use first: Ask her KD in CSS, and if it's not at least 1.5 dump her.
GTA_dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 GTA_dude
Member since 2004 • 18358 Posts
Talk about the most random **** you can think of. Really, its what I do. Talk about the most random things you can think of, and tell alot of stories. Girls like listening to me, cause I have alot to talk about. (Having a good memory helps), I have a story to tell about everything. Share the random thoughts that are on your mind, even if they have nothing to with anything, still, it helps.
kidsmelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 kidsmelly
Member since 2009 • 5692 Posts

Go commit a crime and talk about that.

GTA_dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 GTA_dude
Member since 2004 • 18358 Posts

If you have to think about conversations beforehand you aren't doing it right.

Dylan_11

This is also a very good point. This is where the random things come in, they have nothing to do with anything, and its whatever is on your mind at that point in time. Never think too much into things either, and dont plan everything out. Girls love random and spontaneous

Martel100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Martel100
Member since 2010 • 343 Posts

Sounds backwards, but maybe try talking about yourself more.While you feel like you already know everything about her, the reverse is not necessarily true.

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 WreckEm711
Member since 2010 • 7362 Posts

Pirate700
Can't emphasize ^THIS^ enough. If you can't just talk, and your conversations have to be based on questions, it's not meant to be a relationship, sorry man. I tried many times, but once you find the right thing, you'll know it and not know how you put up with trying to force conversation with others. However, if ya'll can usually talk and are just running out of things to talk about.. try not talking so often? Me and my girl can go weeks in a row talking 5, 6, 7 hours at a time to each other, when stuff slows down, we dont try to force conversation and we just go do our own individual things for a bit, and when we come back to one another we have a billion and one new things to talk about while we were separated. See what I'm saying? Maybe ya'll DO have good conversation, you just talk so much you're making it stale, take a break!
agentdandb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 agentdandb
Member since 2006 • 5891 Posts

When in doubt, whip it out.

optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#24 optiow
Member since 2008 • 28284 Posts

Ask her out?

It will spice things up.

muffincakes87
I concur. ~Also, just generate conversations about current events and stuff.
black_cat19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 black_cat19
Member since 2006 • 8212 Posts

Pirate700

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I completely agree with Pirate700.

Suzy_Q_Kazoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Suzy_Q_Kazoo
Member since 2010 • 9899 Posts

Pirate700

That's almost exactly what I was thinking.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#27 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Make a new conversation or keep the same one going?

It's not hard to be good at that.

xhellcatx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 xhellcatx
Member since 2006 • 9015 Posts
With your mouth. .... You can take that pretty much any way you want it... but im serious.
Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts

[QUOTE="Orehhet"][QUOTE="binpink"]Maybe you can tell her about something you read online or saw on tv that made you feel angry/happy/concerned/whatever. You could talk about deeper issues or get her opinion on stuff way outside of your daily routines. If you're not sure she'll take the bait maybe sound a bit more concerned than you are or like you aren't sure what to think and need her help with something. She might be more willing to go into a new topic if you seem super interested in what she thinks. Just my thoughts.binpink

Sure thing. It's a tricky situation and that's all I can think of. That or cutting back on how often you talk a little bit. :?

That is what I do since she can be very stubborn and a bit of an enigma to me since she won't automatically pick up on a new topic. I also need a break sometimes because we talk for hours and when I need to go, I am not allowed to, but when she has to, hot damn. She then asks if I'll be available later. o_o

daqua_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#31 daqua_99
Member since 2005 • 11170 Posts

I know what you mean. I used to be best friends (and still am to a certain degree) with this girl. We used to see each other 3-4 times a week and we knew everythingabout each other. We used to make conversation by talking about what we did on the days we didn't see each other, and then the conversation would flow from there.

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts
Don't waste your time,she's probably going to say ''i like you,but as my friend'',then you're gonna be heart broken,because that's how it is nowadays with girls.hit and run,be single.
Animatronic64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Animatronic64
Member since 2010 • 3971 Posts

Words, they mean nothing.

leonhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 leonhead
Member since 2007 • 1524 Posts

Why don't you ask her yourself?Send her this thread link.

jimy1475

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35 jimy1475
Member since 2008 • 1228 Posts

wow so simple things in life and you have to make a topic for it, i guess some people are desperete, but realy not a big deal

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#36 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
Wait let me get this straight, you like her, you've told her you like her, she talks to you constantly and tells you almost everything she does and you're asking us what's up, *psst* I think she might like you too *le gasp!* Yeah, ask her out.
mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 mindstorm
Member since 2003 • 15255 Posts
Things to talk about: 1. Nonsense - great for the lols. 2. The complexities of life - not about what you did that day but things dealing with how people work, is there a God, etc. etc. 3. Yourself - when all else fails, talk about how awesome you are in joking sort of way. etc. etc.
satisfacti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 satisfacti0n
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

Buy her a flying courier

Orehhet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Orehhet

Sounds backwards, but maybe try talking about yourself more.While you feel like you already know everything about her, the reverse is not necessarily true.

Martel100
[QUOTE="mindstorm"]Things to talk about: 1. Nonsense - great for the lols. 2. The complexities of life - not about what you did that day but things dealing with how people work, is there a God, etc. etc. 3. Yourself - when all else fails, talk about how awesome you are in joking sort of way. etc. etc.

Thanks for the advice.. To the people who are saying how I don't know what to say etc or not, it's not that. I don't have to think to find things to talk about and I could probably pull off a small talk convo right now, but I'm not a fan of small talk.. I want to actually talk to her about personal things.. except I know everything.
sboyer2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 sboyer2
Member since 2010 • 941 Posts
Do you have friends? Do you talk to them about the same things over and over? Just talk to her like you would any of your other friends if you claim to be such great pals with this girl...
Wolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#41 Wolls
Member since 2005 • 19119 Posts
Imo you shouldn't fake it. Juat realx and if the chat doesnt go anywhere then say goodbye and call her again in a few days. If you feel you HAVE to talk everyday about something really interesting then you might as well just ask her out. Chatting forever and finding it dull will only make her think you are dull, but if you take the plunge now then you may be doing it at the best possible time.
frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#42 frostybanana
Member since 2010 • 5523 Posts

Ok I like this girl, and I know her really well.. This should be a good thing, but it's not really because small talk doesn't work..

I'm NOT a stalker(I have to make this disclaimer because usually only stalkers know people this well), but she and I talk a lot and she tells me everything she does, when. I can't ask her what she had for dinner because odds are I already know what it is, I can't ask her how she spent her weekend because I know what she does on her weekend..

Basically any form of small talk doesn't help because I know her to the point where I don't have to ask her if she had a rough day, because I can tell she had one.. By the way, she already knows I like her, so that's a problem down.. The thing is I wanna keep talking to her but I literally have nothing to talk to her about. We have TONS in common, except that we've gone through it over and over.

Orehhet
That's interesting, a lot of my friends seem to have the same problem but this is a problem I never run into no matter how long I've known the person. I can literally talk about anything and I always talk about the most random things. It's hard to explain. If you have to think about what you're going to say to a person, if you really don't have anything to say, it's not a good sign. Conversation should come naturally, otherwise you just don't click with that person. But I have had a situation like yours. I remember in high school I liked this girl and I talked to her every day in class. But after awhile I realized that I was striking up the conversations and I decided to see if she'd strike one up. When she did, I realized how hard she was trying to find something to talk about. Because she'd give the generic ones, "how 'bout this weather", "how was your day", " did you do your homework." All that happened is I realized how impersonal she was being and I started to understand she wasn't a match for me. So, my advice is to stop thinking about it. Are you going to have something interesting to say ALL the time? Of course not. But you shouldn't have to force it. Just say what comes naturally to you. You don't have to "ask" her anything, just talk about whatevers on your mind.
psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#43 psychobrew
Member since 2008 • 8888 Posts
It seems you two are practically married. Have you tried complimenting her?
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts

The thing is I wanna keep talking to her but I literally have nothing to talk to her about. We have TONS in common, except that we've gone through it over and over.

Orehhet

If you know her as well as you say, then you should be able to:
1. find meaningful things to talk about
2. be comfortable being silent around one another....there does not always have to be noise

Avatar image for tocklestein2005
tocklestein2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 tocklestein2005
Member since 2008 • 5532 Posts

well if yo uknow her well then you know of some things that interest her. Talk about those, or discover new things she likes to talk about.

or just...touch her shoulder........;)

Orehhet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Orehhet

well if yo uknow her well then you know of some things that interest her. Talk about those, or discover new things she likes to talk about.

or just...touch her shoulder........;)

tocklestein2005
Do I need to do a barrel roll?