How did/do you hide from your parents that you've drunk?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

escapeoftheape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 escapeoftheape
Member since 2007 • 1576 Posts

so, we've all been there. or atleast most of us. most people start drinking before theyre 18 or 21 or whatever, and many people haev parents who are strongly against this.

now which methods did or do you use to hide this from your parents? id also like you to post (funny) stories when/if you were caught. :)

if youve never drunk or didnt have parents who cared, dont bother posting! thanks.

Avatar image for deactivated-6016f2513d412
deactivated-6016f2513d412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 deactivated-6016f2513d412
Member since 2007 • 20414 Posts

I don't know. I always just sort of stumble in and try to act naturally. It usually works. I usually just say hi, say that my night was good, and that I'm going to head to bed. They've yet to question me. :lol:

Most of the time, though, I just stay over at a friend's or something.

Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Oleg_Huzwog
Member since 2007 • 21885 Posts

Somebody spiked my water. Honest.

mattisgod01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 mattisgod01
Member since 2005 • 3476 Posts

Normally i was too drunk to care, it was trying to explain it the next day that i found hard.

00-Riddick-00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#5 00-Riddick-00
Member since 2009 • 18884 Posts
I have never been drunk :P
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts
Straight up to my room....though usually it was only my dad up when I got in.
Flamecommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Flamecommando
Member since 2003 • 11634 Posts

Do it when your not coming home right away. =-()

Dman0017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Dman0017
Member since 2007 • 4640 Posts
i either stay the night at where ever i was drinking or get inside, take a shower& go straight to bed.
jrhawk42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#9 jrhawk42
Member since 2003 • 12764 Posts

I always crashed at a friends place. Though my first x-mas break in college I got a little too wasted. It was the Saturday before I was heading back, and my friends were throwing a party. Normally me and a friend split a bottle of tequilla and it's all good. My friend didn't show up, and I pretty much drank the thing by myself. I came home at 8am cause my mom wanted to leave early to drop me off at college. As I was taking my stuff out to the car I'd stop to puke in the yard pretty much each trip. I remember my mom saying "beer will do that to you", and I replied "mom I didn't drink any beer" which was the truth.

Pretty much my parents have only been against me drinking and driving which I don't do. My dad did voice some consern when he saw Everclear bottles in my dorm, but he just wanted me to know that it was more "dangerous" than regular alcohol. Other than that it was the old "don't get caught" speech w/ underage drinking.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#10 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

i started drinking at the age of 20 i slowly got into it and then from then on i drank a few beers once a week.

CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts

Went straight to bed, it was late at night anyways coming home.

Avatar image for 194197844077667059316682358889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 194197844077667059316682358889
Member since 2003 • 49173 Posts
I didn't drink until I was in my mid-20s. I can usually get by by making sure that I don't drunk-dial my parents.
Wolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 Wolls
Member since 2005 • 19119 Posts
Well just get back at like 2-3am, that way there already in bed :P
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#14 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

I didn't drink until I was 19 (legal age is 21) and my parents didn't care. They believe in an 18 drinking age.

Blitz_Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Blitz_Nemesis
Member since 2005 • 8042 Posts
never really have to. although im below legal drinking age my parents know i drink and really dont mind as long as im not driving or getting into any legal issues.
ShadowofTulkas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ShadowofTulkas
Member since 2007 • 1811 Posts
I don't have to worry about it, I don't drink. :P
CyleM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#17 CyleM
Member since 2004 • 2546 Posts
I just didn't come home... until the next morning...
PlaWeird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 PlaWeird
Member since 2008 • 2239 Posts
I started drinking alcohol after I turned eighteen, so there never was a problem with something like that and I still don't drink so much you could notice it. If a person can't have fun or deal with their problems without liquor, it's just pathetic. No offense, of course :P
needled24-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 needled24-7
Member since 2007 • 15902 Posts

well i've only really been caught being high, and when she asked why my eyes were so red i'd be like "i don't know, they aren't?" or if the lighting was bad i'd say "you can't tell if my eyes are red, the light is too dim to see"

then last summer there were a few days at my friends house where everyone just got trashed, and the first night it was like 5am (so i guess the next morning? lol) and my mom called and asked where i was and told me to come home, which was ok since me and him lived off the same main road, and i was only kinda buzzed by that time so it was ok. but then the next night i didn't tell her i was staying at his place that night so when she texted me asking where i was, i didn't have my phone on me and one of my friends saw that she was like freaking out trying to find where i was (called like 12 times), they found me and tried to see if i wasn't too drunk to talk to her, which i was way too drunk, so they just sent her a text saying i fell asleep... good friends :)

F1_2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 F1_2004
Member since 2003 • 8009 Posts
I used to get home really late, so it was straight to bed without much talking. Also, that comment about having fun and drinking being pathetic is stupid. Drinking isn't a substitute for having fun, it just improves your night a bit.
needled24-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 needled24-7

I started drinking alcohol after I turned eighteen, so there never was a problem with something like that and I still don't drink so much you could notice it. If a person can't have fun or deal with their problems without liquor, it's just pathetic. No offense, of course :PPlaWeird
nah man what's pathetic is when people think that every time someone gets drunk, it's because they can't have fun any other way, which is almost never true. sometimes it makes things more fun, and sometimes it's just another way of having fun, but i don't know anybody that can only have fun by getting drunk. i'm not saying that's what you think, i'm just putting it out there.

Avatar image for thriteenthmonke
thriteenthmonke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 thriteenthmonke
Member since 2005 • 49823 Posts
I didn't have to.
ShadowofTulkas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ShadowofTulkas
Member since 2007 • 1811 Posts

Looking over some of these responses makes me feel a little uneasy. Drinking is usually a social event, but what IS pathetic is when people drink to get drunk. That is the most idiotic notion I've never heard of, hopefully people don't tend to follow this thought process of drinking to get drunk. I'm not saying that is the case either. Sure it might make your night a bit more "fun" if that's what you call it. But nonetheless I think we can all agree that you can have fun without being under the influence, but you can also have fun IF you are careful and responsible when you drink. Best of both worlds.

Avatar image for Bluestorm-Kalas
Bluestorm-Kalas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Bluestorm-Kalas
Member since 2006 • 13073 Posts

I had this thing, if I drove, my parents went to bed at their normal time on weekends (11:30, midnight) and I could come home drunk no problem, but the problem was getting my car home the next day :P...I avoided this by usually getting my friend to drive MY car so it would look like I drove (cuz my parents know I'd never ever drink and drive in my life) and then that friend would drive me home, if I ever said someone else is driving, my parents would stay up til I got home, and that was around 3 or 4 AM, pathetic isn't it?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510
deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510
Member since 2007 • 17401 Posts

I don't go home drunk. ;)

seb2getatme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 seb2getatme
Member since 2009 • 64 Posts
i can act completely sober most of the time ive had to deal with them after smoking, robo tripping, drunk, etc...i never get that messed up though it seems
Utensilman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 Utensilman
Member since 2006 • 1571 Posts
drunk? peice of cake. try having dinner with your family tripping on some very good acid....crazy
Nifty_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Nifty_Shark
Member since 2007 • 13137 Posts

Either stayed where I was at for the night or came home rather late when the rest of the family was sleeping. Never had a confrontation about.

needled24-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 needled24-7

Looking over some of these responses makes me feel a little uneasy. Drinking is usually a social event, but what IS pathetic is when people drink to get drunk. That is the most idiotic notion I've never heard of, hopefully people don't tend to follow this thought process of drinking to get drunk. I'm not saying that is the case either. Sure it might make your night a bit more "fun" if that's what you call it. But nonetheless I think we can all agree that you can have fun without being under the influence, but you can also have fun IF you are careful and responsible when you drink. Best of both worlds.

ShadowofTulkas

why is drinking to get drunk pathetic? how else are you supposed to get drunk? inject alcohol into your blood veins?

Killfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Killfox
Member since 2004 • 6666 Posts
Parents dont care that I drink at all. Ive come home drunk many of times. I usually talk to my parents if I get home not that late. They will ask me what drinking games I played or what not. They just want me to be responsible and safe about it which I have. I have yet to get a drinking ticket or anything like that. Plus Im not the one to go out and do something stupid when im drunk.
mattisgod01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 mattisgod01

[QUOTE="ShadowofTulkas"]

needled24-7

why is drinking to get drunk pathetic? how else are you supposed to get drunk? inject alcohol into your blood veins?

Whats the point of drinking alchohol at all if not to get drunk, or atleast buzzed?

seb2getatme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 seb2getatme
Member since 2009 • 64 Posts

ShadowofTulkas
oh...your one of those kids
needled24-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 needled24-7

[QUOTE="needled24-7"]

[QUOTE="ShadowofTulkas"]

mattisgod01

Whats the point of drinking alchohol at all if not to get drunk, or atleast buzzed?

some beer just tastes good. it's like drinking a soft drink, just if you drink too much beer, it has side effects :P

mattisgod01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 mattisgod01

[QUOTE="mattisgod01"]

[QUOTE="needled24-7"]why is drinking to get drunk pathetic? how else are you supposed to get drunk? inject alcohol into your blood veins?

needled24-7

some beer just tastes good. it's like drinking a soft drink, just if you drink too much beer, it has side effects :P

Most beer i drink is pretty expensive in comparison to soft drink, so just because it tastes good couldn't justify the price. Atleast for me.

needled24-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 needled24-7

[QUOTE="needled24-7"]

[QUOTE="mattisgod01"]

mattisgod01

Most beer i drink is pretty expensive in comparison to soft drink, so just because it tastes good couldn't justify the price. Atleast for me.

well usually if people are drinking beer to get drunk, they'll buy a case of miller or bud or one of those cheap watery brands.

Bluestorm-Kalas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Bluestorm-Kalas

well usually if people are drinking beer to get drunk, they'll buy a case of miller or bud or one of those cheap watery brands.

needled24-7

Haha, I'm not too observant...I always knew you were a bodom fan by your sig, but this is the first time I've looked at your username, and it's needled 24/7...That's awesome haha.

needled24-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 needled24-7

[QUOTE="needled24-7"]

Bluestorm-Kalas

Haha, I'm not too observant...I always knew you were a bodom fan by your sig, but this is the first time I've looked at your username, and it's needled 24/7...That's awesome haha.

yeah :P

i actually wish i had a different username. i would have made it different, but i wasn't the one that made this account.

Bluestorm-Kalas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Bluestorm-Kalas

[QUOTE="Bluestorm-Kalas"]

[QUOTE="needled24-7"]

needled24-7

yeah :P

i actually wish i had a different username. i would have made it different, but i wasn't the one that made this account.

Hey, could be worse, it could be named after an old Gamecube game *looks sadly at my title.* I don't know why this is my username haha, every other online alias I have is wrier - PSN, Youtube, other forums, X-Box Live...everything! I don't know why this is different haha.

Avatar image for deactivated-6016f2513d412
deactivated-6016f2513d412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-6016f2513d412
Member since 2007 • 20414 Posts

well i've only really been caught being high, and when she asked why my eyes were so red i'd be like "i don't know, they aren't?" or if the lighting was bad i'd say "you can't tell if my eyes are red, the light is too dim to see"

then last summer there were a few days at my friends house where everyone just got trashed, and the first night it was like 5am (so i guess the next morning? lol) and my mom called and asked where i was and told me to come home, which was ok since me and him lived off the same main road, and i was only kinda buzzed by that time so it was ok. but then the next night i didn't tell her i was staying at his place that night so when she texted me asking where i was, i didn't have my phone on me and one of my friends saw that she was like freaking out trying to find where i was (called like 12 times), they found me and tried to see if i wasn't too drunk to talk to her, which i was way too drunk, so they just sent her a text saying i fell asleep... good friends :)

needled24-7
Haha, oh god, I actually think it's harder to sneak back in when you're high than when you're drunk. Once I got home and I was still kind of high, and my mom was like, "what do you smell like? That's such an interesting scent!" :lol: I promptly ran off and took a shower.
Dr_Brocoli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Dr_Brocoli
Member since 2007 • 3724 Posts
ROFL, my room is in the basement right? well i came home TRASHED one night at 2 am, and i fell down an entire flight of stairs. And my parents didnt ask me if i were drunk, the next day they told me "did you fall down the stairs last night?" i just said" yeah it was dark and my sock slid on the carpet". But damn i hurt the next mornign so much.
mattisgod01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 mattisgod01

[QUOTE="mattisgod01"]

[QUOTE="needled24-7"]some beer just tastes good. it's like drinking a soft drink, just if you drink too much beer, it has side effects :P

needled24-7

I live in Australia, anything short of full strength is seen as blasphmey.

HybridPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 HybridPhoenix
Member since 2007 • 3598 Posts
someone put something in my cup at subway and I walked by a bum. works eevvverryytime except I'm legal so I don't need excuses and nore do I get drunk
trust_nobody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#43 trust_nobody
Member since 2003 • 3356 Posts

There's no hiding drunkness. The smell seeps out of your pores and anyone around you with the sense of smell knows that you've been drinking.

But, I've always been smart enough to drink at times when I know I wouldn't even have to deal with my parents.