how come racisism towards the white race doesn't exist?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

theharlemshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 theharlemshake
Member since 2009 • 808 Posts
[QUOTE="theharlemshake"][QUOTE="megahaloman64"]

If a black guy says something about the white race, it's not racisist, but if a white guy does the same thing except with a different race, it is considered racist.

AirGuitarist87
So you mean to tell me, if an African-American calls you a racial slur (assuming you are caucasian) you don't consider it racist?

I think "African-American" is more of a racist term. You're assuming all black people come from Africa. Ideally people wouldn't be tiptoeing around each other like this.

I honestly couldn't care less where anyone was from, there are too many people in the world to get caught up in such a specific, I was just being PC for the sake of the argument/question/whatever.
finesse-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 finesse-gamer
Member since 2009 • 946 Posts

[QUOTE="finesse-gamer"]

[QUOTE="coltsfan4ever"]

There's alot of racism towards the white race. Just watch The Boondocks or Chappelle's Show.lol

coltsfan4ever

I really can't stand that show...

Why?

it has some pretty prejudice undertones that I don't appreciate. It may just be the one characters dialogue, or the attitude of the actual writers... IDK but it still irks me to see such a ridiculously one-sided view on things.

it's almost as bad as movies where the one black character is always the stereotypical gangsta-silly-comic relief guy.

MinowKant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 MinowKant
Member since 2009 • 208 Posts

I feel that I have to prove to non-whites all the time, that I am not racist.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

i've noticed this. White's accept it. For example Blacks call whites crackers sometimes and Whites don't care but if you say. (sorry if this is bad mods) "the n word" then Blacks will get mad. It's just that whites think they are superior and when someone puts their race down they ignore it thinking they are just jealous.Link334
Wait..What?

Most ignore it due to two reasons, first and formost we don't care to talk back because then we'd be the bad guy, secondly we actually think they're justified to do so due to the oppression in the past.

airg6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 airg6
Member since 2006 • 4390 Posts
[QUOTE="coltsfan4ever"]

[QUOTE="finesse-gamer"]

tbone29

Why?

Or a more significant question to me, how do either of those shows demonstrate racism towards the white race?

Just watch one episode of the chapelle show and see how many stereotypes you can count throughout the show. He's just like Carlos Mencia. His whole career is based off of jokes against race.
finesse-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 finesse-gamer

[QUOTE="finesse-gamer"]

[QUOTE="AirGuitarist87"] I think "African-American" is more of a racist term. You're assuming all black people come from Africa. Ideally people wouldn't be tiptoeing around each other like this.AirGuitarist87

it's not racist, it's just ignorant. It's not like the term "African-American" is an insult...

Then why should "black" be? Or "cracker"? Or indeed the N word? They're all means to describe who we are.

because cracker and the n-word have deeper meanings that are offensive.

do you find it appropriate to call someone who is MH something offensive just because it's a way to describe them? I hope not.

Norg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Norg
Member since 2002 • 15959 Posts

because throught history the white culture has crossed the line wayy to many time u know what iam talking about

Rape pillage and destory plus in slave other races ... we have a right to say stuff at least LOL

MetaKnight50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#58 MetaKnight50
Member since 2008 • 3533 Posts
Funny. Blacks call eacother the "n" word to eachother and to other people like its just saying the word "sup". I dont understand it not one bit. They were put down by that word so much and now they're using it like it didnt even matter.
IrishMallard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 IrishMallard
Member since 2004 • 6797 Posts

[QUOTE="Serraph105"][QUOTE="ferret-gamer"]there is plenty of racism for the white race, everyone just thinks its justified.finesse-gamer

yeah unfortunatly people living today are somehow considered responsible for what happened to black people many years before we were born

it's ridiculous.

I would love for someone who thinks whites of today are responsiple for slavery to try and prove that my ancestors supported slavery.

for all they know my ancestors came from europe after slavery ended. even IF they did support slavery, I'm still not responsiple, at all.

Everyone should watch the episode of Penn & Teller BS that talks about this issue.

Also keep in mind many blacks owned slaves(still do)andplenty of Irish and otherwhites were slaves. The media in todays society is anti-white, here's a good example:http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jhtml?videoId=226610&title=white-in-america-the-children plus all the racemixing propaganda and nearly nothing forrespectable white men likeme to enjoy besides videogames.....Blatant hatred of whites is acceptable in todays societybut ifI daresay something about whites numbers dwindling or only being attracted to my ownwomen, I'm labeled a racistnazi, ect. It's a bunch of anti-white PCBS.

finesse-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 finesse-gamer

because throught history the white culture has crossed the line wayy to many time u know what iam talking about

Rape pillage and destory plus in slave other races ... we have a right to say stuff at least LOL

Norg

you must say the same about islamic human trafficers too right? because they are guilty of WAY more blacks being enslaved and are STILL doing it.

(not all muslims are guilty of this BTW)

finesse-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 finesse-gamer

Funny. Blacks call eacother the "n" word to eachother and to other people like its just saying the word "sup". I dont understand it not one bit. They were put down by that word so much and now they're using it like it didnt even matter.MetaKnight50

I think they are entitled. It's kind of like they are turning an insult into a casual word in order to parody the people who originally used the term against them.

AirGuitarist87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#62 AirGuitarist87
Member since 2006 • 9499 Posts

[QUOTE="AirGuitarist87"][QUOTE="finesse-gamer"]

it's not racist, it's just ignorant. It's not like the term "African-American" is an insult...

finesse-gamer

Then why should "black" be? Or "cracker"? Or indeed the N word? They're all means to describe who we are.

because cracker and the n-word have deeper meanings that are offensive.

do you find it appropriate to call someone who is MH something offensive just because it's a way to describe them? I hope not.

"Offensive" and "descriptive" are two separate entities. Only if you choose it to be can it be both. By MH I'm assuming you mean Mentally Handicapped. Calling anyone something offensive is wrong, regardless of their disposition. I think what you're asking me is if I called someone by their handicap, such as "the depressive" or "the obsessive compulsive". Honestly, no - calling someone by what they are isn't wrong. People who have abnormalities, whether it be mental or physical, feel naturally vulnerable and with good reason. However, pulling the victim card constantly for something that could easily be a misunderstanding or slip of the tongue will simply beget more intolerance and hate.
br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#63 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts

It does exist, it's just not acknowledged because apparently white people were never 'discriminated against' in history like black people, asians (I say this collectively, because often people mistake one group for another or just group them together), natives etc.XilePrincess

Not true. Slavery in the Arab world continued until the 1900's, with white people making up a good percentage of those slaves.

coltsfan4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 coltsfan4ever
Member since 2006 • 2628 Posts

[QUOTE="tbone29"][QUOTE="coltsfan4ever"]Why?

airg6

Or a more significant question to me, how do either of those shows demonstrate racism towards the white race?

Just watch one episode of the chapelle show and see how many stereotypes you can count throughout the show. He's just like Carlos Mencia. His whole career is based off of jokes against race.

I dont have a problem with Chappelle's show or Mencia. Yeah they can be very racist but it's not one sided. They make fun about pretty much every race. Blacks,Native Americans,Whites,etc... I'm black and I have dealt with racism on a personal level at times. It just shows me how ignorant some people can be. I lose no sleep at night or stress out if somebody calls me the "N" word. I just pray that God helps them get beyond their hatred and ignorance.

Love_my_PS360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#65 Love_my_PS360
Member since 2009 • 337 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jc2FCJ7zWEQ i rest my case.

MetaKnight50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#66 MetaKnight50
Member since 2008 • 3533 Posts

[QUOTE="MetaKnight50"]Funny. Blacks call eacother the "n" word to eachother and to other people like its just saying the word "sup". I dont understand it not one bit. They were put down by that word so much and now they're using it like it didnt even matter.finesse-gamer

I think they are entitled. It's kind of like they are turning an insult into a casual word in order to parody the people who originally used the term against them.

I dont care how black i am, but in my point of view, nobody should use it. It was used to put black people down and i would find it hypocritical to use it.
coltsfan4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 coltsfan4ever
Member since 2006 • 2628 Posts

[QUOTE="coltsfan4ever"]

[QUOTE="finesse-gamer"]

finesse-gamer

Why?

it has some pretty prejudice undertones that I don't appreciate. It may just be the one characters dialogue, or the attitude of the actual writers... IDK but it still irks me to see such a ridiculously one-sided view on things.

it's almost as bad as movies where the one black character is always the stereotypical gangsta-silly-comic relief guy.

I dont see the show as having a one sided view on things. I dont even think the writers take it too seriously. It's more satirical and comedic then anything. At least imo. But I can respect how you feel about it. The show definetely is not for everyone.

airg6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 airg6
Member since 2006 • 4390 Posts

[QUOTE="airg6"][QUOTE="tbone29"] Or a more significant question to me, how do either of those shows demonstrate racism towards the white race? coltsfan4ever

I dont have a problem with Chappelle's show or Mencia. Yeah they can be very racist but it's not one sided. They make fun about pretty much every race. Blacks,Native Americans,Whites,etc... I'm black and I have dealt with racism on a personal level at times. It just shows me how ignorant some people can be. I lose no sleep at night or stress out if somebody calls me the "N" word. I just pray that God helps them get beyond their hatred and ignorance.

Yeah, I see where you're coming from. I don't get upset either if someone is racist towards me. I usually just blow it off. But, for the most part I agree with you.
trix5817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 trix5817
Member since 2004 • 12252 Posts

[QUOTE="Link334"]i've noticed this. White's accept it. For example Blacks call whites crackers sometimes and Whites don't care but if you say. (sorry if this is bad mods) "the n word" then Blacks will get mad. It's just that whites think they are superior and when someone puts their race down they ignore it thinking they are just jealous.Treflis

Wait..What?

Most ignore it due to two reasons, first and formost we don't care to talk back because then we'd be the bad guy, secondly we actually think they're justified to do so due to the oppression in the past.

I don't think it's justified...I had no part in it. Neither did my ancestors. Most people in the U.S. are ancestors of immigrants. Very, very, very few people's ancestors actually had slaves. And still, it means nothing. It wasn't them. They had no control over what they're ancestors did. They are their own persons...

Let's not forget that blacks from Africa sold their own people from their tribe to white slave traders...

StrawberryHill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 StrawberryHill
Member since 2008 • 5321 Posts

[QUOTE="Treflis"]

[QUOTE="Link334"]i've noticed this. White's accept it. For example Blacks call whites crackers sometimes and Whites don't care but if you say. (sorry if this is bad mods) "the n word" then Blacks will get mad. It's just that whites think they are superior and when someone puts their race down they ignore it thinking they are just jealous.trix5817

Wait..What?

I don't think it's justified...I had no part in it. Neither did my ancestors. Most people in the U.S. are ancestors of immigrants. Very, very, very few people's ancestors actually had slaves. And still, it means nothing. It wasn't them. They had no control over what they're ancestors did. They are their own persons...

Let's not forget that blacks from Africa sold their own people from their tribe to white slave traders...

and more recently, the Rwandan Genocide. Like I posted above, no group of people is innocent of racism and from bloodshed.

meiaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#71 meiaman
Member since 2006 • 3300 Posts

I'm going to be really, really honest here with my response, and it may sound REALLY rascist but hey, that's the subject matter, isn't it?

Whenever someone of another race tries to put me down by calling me a 'cracker' or 'snowflake' or what have you, all I can help to think to this is, 'Well yeah, you're right, I am white. Am I supposed to be offended?'

I don't see anything to be offended about when someone calls me a racial name, I'm proud of my ethnicity and can only laugh when someone tries putting me down for it because they're so insecure about THEIR own ethnicity.

Have some self pride in yourself.

Tim_Q
If only the rest of the world thinks like that...
EMOEVOLUTION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 EMOEVOLUTION
Member since 2008 • 8998 Posts

Please read the page below. If you don't like wikipedia you can search for the term using google or whatever search engine you prefer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnocentrism

Now that you've read that I'm going to let you in on a big secret... everybody is racist. No human is immune from having prejudices against different groups of people for different reasons.

The central problem with all concepts of racism is that most people don't want to address the fact that the human species is geneticly engineered towards this behavior. I really don't understand where questions like "how come racisism towards the white race doesn't exist?" even come about. Obivously that' question isn't valid because it's fairly presumptive.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#73 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts
racism = anyone who claims a racist act has occurred is an idiot. Racism in America today is nothing but political correctness against anyone that isn't white. It has hardly anything to do with race anymore. It's simply a dumb excuse for people to get what they want.
theharlemshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 theharlemshake
Member since 2009 • 808 Posts

[QUOTE="finesse-gamer"]

[QUOTE="coltsfan4ever"]Why?

coltsfan4ever

I dont see the show as having a one sided view on things. I dont even think the writers take it too seriously. It's more satirical and comedic then anything. At least imo. But I can respect how you feel about it. The show definetely is not for everyone.

Did you see the episode when MLK came back? I'd say that episode balanced things out.

trix5817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 trix5817
Member since 2004 • 12252 Posts

Please read the page below. If you don't like wikipedia you can search for the term using google or whatever search engine you prefer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnocentrism

Now that you've read that I'm going to let you in on a big secret... everybody is racist. No human is immune from having prejudices against different groups of people for different reasons.

The central problem with all concepts of racism is that most people don't want to address the fact that the human species is geneticly engineered towards this behavior. I really don't understand where questions like "how come racisism towards the white race doesn't exist?" even come about. Obivously that' question isn't valid because it's fairly presumptive.

EMOEVOLUTION

Being racist and being prejudice are two different things...Everyone is prejudice, but everyone is not racist.

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

If a black guy says something about the white race, it's not racisist, but if a white guy does the same thing except with a different race, it is considered racist.

megahaloman64

Because people don't see that apart of the ultimate form of racism as other cultures only think "white" people are racist.

It is also because black slavery was the recent form of slavery and America (being a media hub) has popularized it. Disregarding the fact that other cultures have had slaves long before that. Not to mention, other races were (some still are) more hateful against races that weren't their own.

It's because it's "popular". I'm of mixed race myself and that's all I see on all sides. Nobody talks about the Chinese hating everyone who isn't Chinese, or hating the Japanese. (for example)

Though, Hitler's warped vision of the Blond haired, blue eyed German (aka Super Race) being "descendants of Atlantis" didn't help either.

People just use the "race card" only to their benefit. When they have something to gain and point the finger at someone else. I think a lot of people are just equally stupid and just need to get over themselves.

finesse-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 finesse-gamer

[QUOTE="XilePrincess"]It does exist, it's just not acknowledged because apparently white people were never 'discriminated against' in history like black people, asians (I say this collectively, because often people mistake one group for another or just group them together), natives etc.br0kenrabbit

Not true. Slavery in the Arab world continued until the 1900's, with white people making up a good percentage of those slaves.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_in_modern_Africa

it still happens in africa and other parts of the world, although it may be legally abolished.

and who do you think sold the slaves to the whites?

meiaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 meiaman

[QUOTE="XilePrincess"]It does exist, it's just not acknowledged because apparently white people were never 'discriminated against' in history like black people, asians (I say this collectively, because often people mistake one group for another or just group them together), natives etc.br0kenrabbit

Also, on Ancient Rome, slaves included white people too. People from Asia, Europe, Afrika.... For Rome, there was no such thing as racial concept, they would take slaves wherever they have conquered a territory the color of the person doesn`t matter, they were all slaves. I believe the racial concept started way back at the colonial times when European countries started to sail at the search of colonies and specially when the plantations started to get around (which mostly was by the ends of 1600 until the middle of 1800). Even the Church helped a bit with this. (sorry, its not my intention to start a holy war here.)
SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#79 SaudiFury
Member since 2007 • 8709 Posts

I'll add my two cents here. and please take the time to read this because i believe this will add value to the conversation.

1. I do believe there is a lot of distrust (though i haven't seen or heard outright racism towards whites) that blacks have towards whites.

--------------------------------------

2. The reason i believe why whites don't get all offended when someone calls em' a cracker, is complex and yet at the very same time simple. the caucasion race has done conquer and conquest of places across the world. slavery in America, the complete destruction of the Aztecs by the Conquistadors. the nation of Zimbabwe for a time was called Rhodesia. Rhodesia named after a white British empire-builder Cecil Rhodes. Think about that for a second....

the audacity to rename an ancient land inhabited by Africans for tens of thousands of years, and just because of sheer military force, the entire region is renamed by a guy who comes from a little island in the north.

Time and again, in history, caucausions have been dominant. this is the same crap that neo-nazi racists point to. it doesn't mean the white race IS superior, it is merely that the white race based in Europe had a leg up on the other races on the globe.

Sad to say this, but things like food, sex, and things like identity come from the far more primitive parts of our minds. might makes right. whites do not have the history of struggle for equality or freedom. they had a struggle of conquest and colonization. Africans, Native Americans, Asians, Indians, Hispanics, and many others had to fight for their equality from one singular race - caucasion.

when you have to do that...... the slur of the n word, chink and the other awful words carry weight. it demeans a person. it makes you less then human. I remember hearing my grandpa (i'm half White and half Arab) telling me to be careful and not get involved with black girls. I just nod and say "ok Grandpa". he had nothing against blacks in terms of working with them, just didn't like them mixing. That says that there is something wrong about the other race, that they cannot mix. it's old thinking.

Put yourself in that culture, detach yourself from your ethnocentric views and you begin to really understand why other races feel the way they do about whites.

---------------------------------------

3. HOWEVER, i have warned my friends of other races - Arabs, Jews, Blacks, and the more narrow minded white friends, to not just blame one or the other just because of your own impressions. I have personally met about 6 Brazilians in my life, each one has been a jerk to me in one way or another, that doesn't mean i view Brazilians as being just jerks. I remember telling this story to a couple of my caucasion friends - when the subject of race relations came up - and i still remember my one friends impulse answer was "just most Brazilians are jerks" i responded quickly with "no, i just have had bad luck, haven't met the right people. people are people no matter where they may come from".

4. I remember my one friend - who is a dyed in the red Republican - who couldn't wrap his mind around why the election of Obama was such a big deal. I had to turn around to him and ask "when was there a white guy elected to the Presidency?", he'd shrug and say "so what?". From slavery to Presidency. this would be like if an Arab Muslim got elected in France or Israel, of if a Hmong became a leader of Vietnam or Laos. it is unheard of.

-------------------------------------

Not saying its right. wrong is wrong no matter who does it or says it.

but detach yourself once in a while and view it from their point of view.

it'll do you a lot of good.

finesse-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 finesse-gamer

[QUOTE="finesse-gamer"]

[QUOTE="coltsfan4ever"]Why?

coltsfan4ever

your probably right... I saw like one episode and made my judgement based on that, so maybe I am just pre-judgmental. lol

I still don't like it though, just because it's annoying.

matisrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 matisrock
Member since 2007 • 679 Posts

[QUOTE="tbone29"][QUOTE="coltsfan4ever"]Why?

airg6

The best thing about Dave Chappelle, though, was that while he made fun of white people, he was also willing to look at the stereotypes given to black people and make fun of them to show how ridiculous they were.

It's a shame he quit when he did.

D3nnyCrane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 D3nnyCrane
Member since 2007 • 12058 Posts

[QUOTE="airg6"][QUOTE="tbone29"] Or a more significant question to me, how do either of those shows demonstrate racism towards the white race? matisrock

The best thing about Dave Chappelle, though, was that while he made fun of white people, he was also willing to look at the stereotypes given to black people and make fun of them to show how ridiculous they were.

It's a shame he quit when he did.

Agreed. It's not racist if everyone gets the same treatment.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f4694ac412a8
deactivated-5f4694ac412a8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#83 deactivated-5f4694ac412a8
Member since 2005 • 8599 Posts
Because "we deserve it," even though we had no control over what our forefathers did.
Thing he said.Omni-Slash
Why does your signature keep changing!? It went from someone to Link to Cloud to a bunch of fan-art drawings!
Acemaster27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Acemaster27
Member since 2004 • 4482 Posts
Its like calling the schoolyard bully a jerk. You don't get in trouble for that. And don't give me any of this "but I'm not racist, so I shouldn't be guilty of racism" because the truth is racism isn't a personal evil, but a societal evil. Our white society has not yet fully repented, and the black communities (and other minorities) have not yet forgiven them.
darkmagician06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 darkmagician06
Member since 2003 • 6060 Posts
honestly i feel zero sympathy when a white person is discriminated against. sorry (not really). maybe if whites were not so brutal and vicious with their racism in the past the effects would not still linger today. we still have a long ways to go before people get over race as an issue
WeaponXY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#86 WeaponXY
Member since 2009 • 1280 Posts

Wow. You are very wrong. I went to a school where African Americans outnumbered everyone else 3:1, and I recieved racist comments every day. I can't repeat most things here over fear of getting modded, but I can say that they got pretty bad.

I do not tolerate racism coming from anybody about any race. It pisses me off. It's all ignorance, and nothing else.

SinfulPotato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 SinfulPotato
Member since 2005 • 1381 Posts

There's alot of racism towards the white race. Just watch The Boondocks or Chappelle's Show.lol

coltsfan4ever
Chappelle's Show was equal opportunity racism. I see a show like the Boondocks more degrading to black people then while.
finesse-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 finesse-gamer

honestly i feel zero sympathy when a white person is discriminated against. sorry (not really). maybe if whites were not so brutal and vicious with their racism in the past the effects would not still linger today. we still have a long ways to go before people get over race as an issuedarkmagician06

all that can be done now is for everyone to forgive everyone else and move on. if not, we're not getting anywhere.

enterawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#89 enterawesome
Member since 2009 • 9477 Posts
[QUOTE="SaudiFury"]

I'll add my two cents here. and please take the time to read this because i believe this will add value to the conversation.

1. I do believe there is a lot of distrust (though i haven't seen or heard outright racism towards whites) that blacks have towards whites.

2. The reason i believe why whites don't get all offended when someone calls em' a cracker, is complex and yet at the very same time simple. the caucasion race has done conquer and conquest of places across the world. slavery in America, the complete destruction of the Aztecs by the Conquistadors. the nation of Zimbabwe for a time was called Rhodesia. Rhodesia named after a white British empire-builder Cecil Rhodes. Think about that for a second....

the audacity to rename an ancient land inhabited by Africans for tens of thousands of years, and just because of sheer military force, the entire region is renamed by a guy who comes from a little island in the north.

Time and again, in history, caucausions have been dominant. this is the same crap that neo-nazi racists point to. it doesn't mean the white race IS superior, it is merely that the white race based in Europe had a leg up on the other races on the globe.

Sad to say this, but things like food, sex, and things like identity come from the far more primitive parts of our minds. might makes right. whites do not have the history of struggle for equality or freedom. they had a struggle of conquest and colonization. Africans, Native Americans, Asians, Indians, Hispanics, and many others had to fight for their equality from one singular race - caucasion.

when you have to do that...... the slur of the n word, chink and the other awful words carry weight. it demeans a person. it makes you less then human. I remember hearing my grandpa (i'm half White and half Arab) telling me to be careful and not get involved with black girls. I just nod and say "ok Grandpa". he had nothing against blacks in terms of working with them, just didn't like them mixing. That says that there is something wrong about the other race, that they cannot mix. it's old thinking.

Put yourself in that culture, detach yourself from your ethnocentric views and you begin to really understand why other races feel the way they do about whites.

---------------------------------------

3. HOWEVER, i have warned my friends of other races - Arabs, Jews, Blacks, and the more narrow minded white friends, to not just blame one or the other just because of your own impressions. I have personally met about 6 Brazilians in my life, each one has been a jerk to me in one way or another, that doesn't mean i view Brazilians as being just jerks. I remember telling this story to a couple of my caucasion friends - when the subject of race relations came up - and i still remember my one friends impulse answer was "just most Brazilians are jerks" i responded quickly with "no, i just have had bad luck, haven't met the right people. people are people no matter where they may come from".

4. I remember my one friend - who is a dyed in the red Republican - who couldn't wrap his mind around why the election of Obama was such a big deal. I had to turn around to him and ask "when was there a white guy elected to the Presidency?", he'd shrug and say "so what?". From slavery to Presidency. this would be like if an Arab Muslim got elected in France or Israel, of if a Hmong became a leader of Vietnam or Laos. it is unheard of.

-------------------------------------

Not saying its right. wrong is wrong no matter who does it or says it.

but detach yourself once in a while and view it from their point of view.

it'll do you a lot of good.

You have a lot of good points, but it seems like you're generalizing each race and yet not. Caucasions generally dominating over others and colonizing is just perhaps a thing of chance. Incidentely, it was whites who originally conquered; not because they were white, just because a white nation, most presumably, conquered first. They conquered Europe, and from there power continued to spread and build, because they had the jumpstart, by pure chance. I hope you see what I'm seeing, I can't put it any better. Also, I should note that other races struggle to survive while whites conquer, because they moved to a harsher climate or area, where survival is more difficult. On a much larger scale, at one point, humans were just that: humans. Then the human race grew and grew, and moved elsewhere. Africans, as we know call them, moved to Africa, but there is little food, water, or shelter in Africa, which makes survival harder. This also lead to how we call them "black": this harsher climate made them adapt their skin pores to deflect sunlight, so their skin became black. Now back to races conquering over each other, you must remember at one point, it wasn't Caucasians conquering Africas or Spaniards, it was humans conquering less fortunate humans. Races are, to be blunt, simply a meaningless, and I dare say ill-conceived and improperly used label.
finesse-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 finesse-gamer

Its like calling the schoolyard bully a jerk. You don't get in trouble for that. And don't give me any of this "but I'm not racist, so I shouldn't be guilty of racism" because the truth is racism isn't a personal evil, but a societal evil. Our white society has not yet fully repented, and the black communities (and other minorities) have not yet forgiven them. Acemaster27

define "white society"....

I'm pretty sure I don't live in it.

and why would i repent for something that I don't even know if my ancestors supported?

Ikouze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Ikouze
Member since 2009 • 2027 Posts

I guess it's because the white people treated other races so bad that they desereve it. That's my opinion....

meiaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 meiaman

[QUOTE="Acemaster27"]Its like calling the schoolyard bully a jerk. You don't get in trouble for that. And don't give me any of this "but I'm not racist, so I shouldn't be guilty of racism" because the truth is racism isn't a personal evil, but a societal evil. Our white society has not yet fully repented, and the black communities (and other minorities) have not yet forgiven them. finesse-gamer

define "white society"....

I'm pretty sure I don't live in it.

and why would i repent for something that I don't even know if my ancestors supported?

Yup, its wrong to take blame what our ancestors did (and IF they did something), i believe people use this ancestor thing as a covenient excuse to justify themselves. I think its wrong to people earn anything just because his/her anscestors were slaves, it happened, they need to get over it and realize that as person, they don`t deserve it. If he./she wants to earn things, go work.
finesse-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 finesse-gamer

I guess it's because the white people treated other races so bad that they desereve it. That's my opinion....

Ikouze

so racism against whites doesn't exist because they deserve it?

that's sort of a paradox.

D3nnyCrane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 D3nnyCrane

Ikouze

You realise how ridiculous that statement is don't you? That only holds any sort of validity if white nations hadn't waged war against each other as well. Seriously this topic is driving me up the wall...

enterawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#95 enterawesome
Member since 2009 • 9477 Posts

Ikouze

They deserve it? For what our forefathers did, which we are absolutely in no way responsible for? However thinks that is ignorant and quite honestly, stupid.

fmacraze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 fmacraze
Member since 2007 • 5658 Posts
There is racism towards white people.
david_lck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#97 david_lck
Member since 2005 • 3211 Posts
It does exist, you can't deny it. As much as I hate racism, it will always be there.
tbone29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 tbone29
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts

[QUOTE="Ikouze"]

D3nnyCrane

You realise how ridiculous that statement is don't you? That only holds any sort of validity if white nations hadn't waged war against each other as well. Seriously this topic is driving me up the wall...

I disagree with a lot of what's been said in this thread, and he even made my eyebrow raise with that one :o

D3nnyCrane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 D3nnyCrane

[QUOTE="D3nnyCrane"]

[QUOTE="Ikouze"]

tbone29

I disagree with a lot of what's been said in this thread, and he even made my eyebrow raise with that one :o

Agreed. Nearly every civilisation has some form of atrocity in it's nations history. He made it sound like as a white man, I attend some big meeting where we decide which minority we're opressing this week.

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

2. the caucasion race has done conquer and conquest of places across the world.

SaudiFury

You can blame religion for that arguement. The "crusades" or "Christian assimulation". "My god is better than your god". They just happened to be caucasion and later took that as apart of their "superiority complex" claiming everything else "savage" or "un-god like".

Though to add to that, I say that religion itself is the ultimate form of racism and gave way to it's true origins. Because from what was documented, some areas of the world in ancient times, it seemed people didn't care about the colour of your skin at all. But the religions that ruled for so long, changed all of that.

Some people don't even know why they hate certain races so much. Because they were brainwashed to do so.