How can I get passes to E3 2014 for me and a friend?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Riadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Riadon
Member since 2004 • 164 Posts

Hello I was wondering what someone like me have to do to get passes to E3 for me and a friend? I won a contest to win a trip to LA for a Sony studio tour and have 2 days to spare (proof <- ) and I have to pick dates for the trip and what perfect timing that E3 is coming up. I will be a member of GameSpot for 10 years coming this July as you can see in my profile. I have entered every GameSpot win a trip to E3 contest there was ( I did a terrible GameSpot diy guitar video) and other websites contests. I have checked the site almost every day and tuned to most of GameSpot's coverage of E3 and other major events and live shows and the original shows like On The Spot and Today On The Spot. I seriously wanted to know if there is anything I can do or give, like I won an Xbox One Day One edition which is still sealed in the box. I was thinking I could exchange the Xbox for the passes and you could give it to a charity or do a giveaway. If I don't ask I'll never know so here's a shot. Thanks if anyone care to read from the GameSpot team.

4myAmuzumament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 4myAmuzumament
Member since 2013 • 1791 Posts

Hang out around the event and buy a ticket from someone trying to sell theirs, maybe?

If that doesn't work, you could get a baby bottle with formula in it and rush the entrance saying you were getting food for your starving baby inside with your wife.

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

If you have spare cash than check craigslist.

@4myAmuzumament said:

If that doesn't work, you could get a baby bottle with formula in it and rush the entrance saying you were getting food for your starving baby inside with your wife.

Lmao did you get that idea from that one video?

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

Sorry to tell you buddy, but E3 is a press-only trade show. Unless your invited by a press company or a publishers/game company, no one from the general public is allowed on the show floor. Here is a quote from the E3 attendee page:

"E3 is a professional trade event and is not open to the general public. Individuals who are not able to document their direct and current professional affiliation to the interactive entertainment industry are not qualified to attend."

Sorry to tell you, but have fun touring in the Sony Studio!

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

This was almost 20 years ago, but when E3 was in Atlanta I met a guy who got in by claiming that he worked for some game retailer but he did it several weeks in advance to secure his badge and he was able to get me in on the last day. Back then it was worth it since we usually had to wait weeks for game news because of magazine processing times but now I wouldn't even sweat it with footage from E3 being live streamed nowadays.

LittleMac19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 LittleMac19
Member since 2009 • 1638 Posts

With the popularity and easy access to information with the internet it's not worth it anymore.

4myAmuzumament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 4myAmuzumament
Member since 2013 • 1791 Posts

@Bikouchu35: Yes. :P

shaunmc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By shaunmc
Member since 2003 • 1957 Posts

If you're not professionally employed in the video games industry, you're going to have a very, very difficult time gaining access to E3. As Behardy24 mentioned earlier in the thread, E3 is not open to the public. In fact, many smaller media outlets don't even get their applications approved unless their sites hit a certain minimum traffic threshold. It's a very strict approval process that you need to go through. I know there are some websites that offer a "free trip to E3" as part of a contest, but those are extremely limited in number.

Sorry, dude. I wish I could be of more help. But at the end of the day, it's probably a lot more fun to read about the announcements than to run around a giant convention center waiting in two-hour lines to play Destiny.

Riadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Riadon
Member since 2004 • 164 Posts

Thanks all for the answers

@4myAmuzumament said:

Hang out around the event and buy a ticket from someone trying to sell theirs, maybe?

I still haven't given up on getting the passes so this might be a possibility, just need a baby to borrow and a wife :)

digitaldame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By digitaldame
Member since 2006 • 5401 Posts

@Riadon said:

I still haven't given up on getting the passes so this might be a possibility, just need a baby to borrow and a wife :)