How are you doing in life right now.(ie mental/emotional/physical wellbeing)

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12139 Posts

I am in an odd spot personally, considering this has been one of the best and hardest years of my life. I really got a hold of my mental health issues and eliminated the last of my insecurities and transformed myself into a positive person. It took the last 6 years to realize that im no longer the person I was in highschool and realized that I have accomplished a lot and truly have limitless potential. I also finished college last month, so I have felt on top of the world.

The thing is I still am not sure what I want to do in life, and feel lost. But I feel a certain solace that I will find a place for me, and have been enjoying cultivating different interests into my life that I want to pursue further. It's like I know I have the material to accomplish what I want but I just have not begun fully utilizing it.

Lastly I screwed up and got myself into some legal trouble, and that has been bearing down hard on my mind. It was nothing severe(although it could have been), but the thought that I could potentate have a record and other setbacks resulting from this are in the back of my mind. I have been handling it well and remaining positive, I don't know if this comes from my prior boost in self esteem/sense of control or just denial. But every now and then I dwell on how my life could be better if I would not have made one bad decision and got myself in this situation. I have a lawyer working on it for me so I am extremely hopeful(another reason im not flipping my shit) but having this monkey on my back with so much other stuff going on is hard.

Enough about me, how are you all doing?

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

i'm bedridden with compression fractures in my back so yeah.....things could be better

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 plageus900
Member since 2013 • 3065 Posts

Just fine. I have anxiety issues, but I can work through them.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Mercenary848

@Storm_Marine said:

i'm bedridden with compression fractures in my back so yeah.....things could be better

Shit, if you dont mind me asking; how long have you been going through this?

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

@Mercenary848 said:
@Storm_Marine said:

Shit, if you dont mind me asking; how long have you been going through this?

this is only my 3rd day. and i mean, it's going to heal. I just hope there's no long term pain.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

Just peachy...on low carb eating (1 meal with carb) ..loss 3kgs...back to working out (completed Witcher 3: Horny Hunt)...need to sleep more/better sleeping pattern. :P

PopGotcha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 PopGotcha
Member since 2016 • 716 Posts

Pretty tired of late unfortunately. Work is constantly changing my roster so a little over the shop with that. But overall I'm actually pretty good. Saved up a lot of money and "treated" myself to a new, over the top PC. Relation with family and partner is going really well and I'm eating healthier. Outside of work things are great

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Everything has been according to plan with my goals.

I few setbacks, like being hospitalized for a week, and combating depression. Still didn't hold me back, so I'm glad.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts
Loading Video...

But seriously, I'm doing well. I don't really have anything to complain about.

-Byshop

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

Extremely bad.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#11 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58904 Posts

Up and down, I hate when people complain about their problems so I try to avoid getting in a "woe is me" mood whenever possible.

Amnesiac23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Amnesiac23
Member since 2006 • 8470 Posts

I am doing pretty good. Living in Seattle (moved from SC) and have a good job. I have several disabilities (physical and mental). I haven't had time to find doctors up here yet so it is getting a little out of hand. The most pressing issue is finding a psychiatrist for my Bipolar I and PTSD.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

Fine but want to move out of my parents house. Been here 3 years where we live and hate it. I don't hate my parents just the place where I live at the moment as its too noisy living in a town next to a park and school.

Tomorrow going to hospital to ENT as had a ear infection a couple of week back which made me a bit death but ok. At first docs thought it was a hole in my ear what got infected but there not too sure. They can see something but not sure if it just wax or something else. I think its a spot on my ear drum on how quick it came up.

After that though going into town and picking up a £30 steam voucher and impulse buying my summer sale wish list.

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 LexLas
Member since 2005 • 7317 Posts

@Mercenary848 said:

I am in an odd spot personally, considering this has been one of the best and hardest years of my life. I really got a hold of my mental health issues and eliminated the last of my insecurities and transformed myself into a positive person. It took the last 6 years to realize that im no longer the person I was in highschool and realized that I have accomplished a lot and truly have limitless potential. I also finished college last month, so I have felt on top of the world.

The thing is I still am not sure what I want to do in life, and feel lost. But I feel a certain solace that I will find a place for me, and have been enjoying cultivating different interests into my life that I want to pursue further. It's like I know I have the material to accomplish what I want but I just have not begun fully utilizing it.

Lastly I screwed up and got myself into some legal trouble, and that has been bearing down hard on my mind. It was nothing severe(although it could have been), but the thought that I could potentate have a record and other setbacks resulting from this are in the back of my mind. I have been handling it well and remaining positive, I don't know if this comes from my prior boost in self esteem/sense of control or just denial. But every now and then I dwell on how my life could be better if I would not have made one bad decision and got myself in this situation. I have a lawyer working on it for me so I am extremely hopeful(another reason im not flipping my shit) but having this monkey on my back with so much other stuff going on is hard.

Enough about me, how are you all doing?

Sounds like a tough time, but remember it could be worst. As for i, super stressed, working with a crew that is a new IT department under IT. Lots of new apps in beta mode, lots of issues, and daily tasks which drive people insane. Lucky i have a hard head, but even i need time off to cool down from the nightmares. Although my kids are happy, wife happy, and i have a home to live in. Time off is hard to take, but its a life. Thats where i be.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#15 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

Physically... fine. Mentally... lol. I've been depressed most of this year and I'd like to think the worst of it is over. That, or I just might be in a perpetual state of emotional numbness. I have almost nothing going for me right now but it doesn't seem to bother me as much. Not sure if that means my meds are working or what. At the least, video games are able to provide some form of escape and distraction right now, so that's nice. I know if I'm in a really bad place if I can't even enjoy that.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5013 Posts

Could be worse, could be better.

I've had a pinched/damaged long thoracic nerve since August last year, which has pretty much excluded me from 80% of my favorite things in life. Weight lifting, backpacking, Badminton.... hell even sex is difficult unless I just lay there and make the wife do everything. (actually that sounds pretty great now that I mention it).

Shit I even had to re-learn to use a gamepad, as keyboard/mouse was no longer an option.

It's tough when your release valve (exercise) is pretty much cut off completely for nearly a year.

Combine that with the birth of another child, and the death of our closest family friend, and it's been one hella-stressful year. Loads of fighting/conflict with the significant other.

Thankfully, I am finally able to sleep 8 hours without pain, and can handle light stuff like taking out the trash, pushing a lawn mower, etc.

I think the most depressing thing has been the realization that I'm simply nowhere near as young as I used to be, and can't push my body like I used to. Mid life crisis I guess?

Hell this is a big part of the reason I'm even here. Prior to 3 months ago, I hadn't posted here since uh.... 2008? Turns out venting a bit of frustration at people on internet forums can be somewhat therapeutic.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5013 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Up and down, I hate when people complain about their problems so I try to avoid getting in a "woe is me" mood whenever possible.

It's tough isn't it?

There are people in this world who have it waaaaay worse than any of us ever will, yet it's human nature to look to people who have "more" and be jealous/depressed.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#18  Edited By skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

Been to hospital this morning and saw doc. Got a lump of wax out of my ear which was quite deep in. But also been having a buzzing noise for last 2 years and got worse this last 6 month. Doc said that the wax wouldn't cause it. I had a hearing test in both ears and turns out my right ear I have difficulty in hearing high end level noises or something. He then said to go for a MRI scan in a couple of weeks but going for a CT scan instead as I something metal near my stomach area so not a good idea to go into MRI machine. He did say that I'm 99% sure nothing wrong but as seen as I've had a kidney transplant you better have one.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Mercenary848

@uninspiredcup said:

Hahaha this is the internet, its one of the few places where we can let it out. Anonymity is a beautiful thing. Also it is not you complaining, it is uninspiredcup, and we all come to these forums to see usernames put words on a screen.

narlymech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#20  Edited By narlymech
Member since 2009 • 2132 Posts

Mental - Still recovering from schizophrenia, depression and anxiety, but stable on medications

Emotional - Still fairly lonely, but doing better than I was last year

Physical - Lost 50lbs over the last 5 months and am working on quitting smoking

Overall - Better than I have been in years, but still with work to do

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

The only reason I'm alive is because of two cats.

I can't complain

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

every day i wake up,i wonder why i haven't killed myself yet

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Mercenary848

@ShepardCommandr said:

Videogames....

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

@ShepardCommandr said:

Hence my two cats...

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Mercenary848

@Jaysonguy said:
@ShepardCommandr said:

Hence my two cats...

I have one and he makes me want to check myself into a mental hospital

Zensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Zensword
Member since 2007 • 4510 Posts

Pretty bad overall. I have depression and social anxiety.

narlymech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#27 narlymech
Member since 2009 • 2132 Posts

@Jaysonguy said:
@ShepardCommandr said:

Hence my two cats...

The neighborhood kitty cats make me happy.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

Thanks for asking, TC :)

Physically, I can be better. I could exercise a lot more and it's advice I give to people daily. I have arthritis, and it would help with that among losing weight and so on.
Mentally, I'm alright. It's tough being away from my wife. It's 4/9 months now. Last year of long distance though. If I'm feeling blue I head to Political Gamers.

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4220 Posts

@SOedipus: what is your height vs weight??

Personally I'm doing okay. But here in the inland of California the weather can be hot. Just trying to make it through the summer.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#30 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

Today was a tad shit. I mean I've been stuck in a rut for a while but hopefully it won't last forever.

God, I wish I could get laid by attractive girls at least. The girl I was with for like a month last December was kind of a shitty person, but God that is probably the best I've gotten to have.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#32 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

Oh I'm all right.

I feel stuck, need to lose a lot of weight, but it comes off so slow and goes on so easy.

My life is not that bad, my appearance (being fat) just really drags me down, I was raised to be very aware of it, not so much ashamed of it, just very aware that others will be ashamed/embarrassed/amused/disgusted by it.

Otherwise, I'd be damn great. I suppose that is the real kicker, I've only got one real serious problem.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

@outworld222 said:

@SOedipus: what is your height vs weight??

Personally I'm doing okay. But here in the inland of California the weather can be hot. Just trying to make it through the summer.

180cm and 85kg. BMI of 26.2.

Johnmclane26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Johnmclane26
Member since 2016 • 255 Posts

Physically at the moment im in the best shape of my life lost about 30lbs exercise daily and eat healthy mostly.

Mentally I suffer with depression and anxiety sometimes it gets so bad i don't really want to leave the house if i can help it, last year my anxiety was that bad i convinced myself that i had stomach cancer ended up having an endoscopy obviously they never found anything but that's how bad my anxiety can get. I've managed to get my anxiety under control at the moment through a helthy diet and exercise (i dont like taking medication).

The only problem i have at the moment is i feel like a bit of a loser because im 32 still living at home no girlfriend and a shit job. to scared to change jobs because that would mean changing my routine which set my anxiety off, getting a girlfriend is tough just because of my anxiety always think the worst things will happen.

Melisajones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#36 Melisajones
Member since 2017 • 29 Posts

@ShepardCommandr: Oh dear, why you got offended with your life ?

As far as my opinion, my words keep illustrate according to this quote in life “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” -- Bernard M. Baruch