House music is the best party music

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nick3333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 nick3333
Member since 2004 • 12414 Posts

Agree?

I never quite feel at home in a club unless there's House music playing. David Guetta, DJ Tiesto, Benny Benassi, Eric Prydz, Bob Sinclar, David Vendetta... music like that is the only music I feel comfortable dancing to.

Rock: great to listen to, amazing to play, but it has no place in a nightclub.

Hip-hop: piss off.

That is my opinion. Since I am I (spot the grammatical errors) however, my opinion stands for authoritative fact.

I hate the fact that most night clubs in Canada only seldom play House music. In Europe, where I come from, House music is the staple clubbing music.

That is all.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178873 Posts

No...I don't agree.

nick3333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 nick3333

No...I don't agree.

LJS9502_basic

I disagree with your disagreement, which makes it a double negative, which in turn cancels out the existence of this topic.

Why is that?

I guess that whatever music you're (colloquial you) used to grows on you and becomes your favourite.

My musical tastes are varied- I have been playing guitar for a couple of years and I love rock, funk, blues, classical music, jazz, some forms of rap (The Roots, Kweli, Akrobatik, etc.. obviously not the moronic crap you may hear on the universally hated MTV), etc. You name it, I probably have a very defined taste in it.

I find that House music, however, is the only kind of music that can get me in the mood to dance.

Conanfan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Conanfan1
Member since 2005 • 8014 Posts
Hell yes. Benny Benassi ftw.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

No...I don't agree.

nick3333

I disagree with your disagreement, which makes it a double negative, which in turn cancels out the existence of this topic.

Why is that?

I guess that whatever music you're (colloquial you) used to grows on you and becomes your favourite.

My musical tastes are varied- I have been playing guitar for a couple of years and I love rock, funk, blues, classical music, jazz, some forms of rap (The Roots, Kweli, Akrobatik, etc.. obviously not the moronic crap you may hear on the universally hated MTV), etc. You name it, I probably have a very defined taste in it.

I find that House music, however, is the only kind of music that can get me in the mood to dance.

Never assume. I don't listen to only one genre or decade of music. My taste is rather eclectic. and I don't listen to MTV or radio. However, house music is incredibly repetitious. I dislike repetitious music..it bores me.

nick3333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 nick3333
[QUOTE="nick3333"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

No...I don't agree.

LJS9502_basic

Why is that?

Never assume. I don't listen to only one genre or decade of music. My taste is rather eclectic. and I don't listen to MTV or radio. However, house music is incredibly repetitious. I dislike repetitious music..it bores me.

I wasn't assuming anything about you. I was dispelling any assumptions you may have had about me- I suspect you categorized me in some sort of negative(ish) stereotype where you may have lumped people who enjoy 'dance' music.
Indeed, House is repetitive. That, however, is the whole point- and the whole essence- of it. I find that dancing to something necessitates some sort of structure and repetitiveness. House music is repetitive, catchy, usually has a strong bass line, has funk influences... all of this contributes to enabling one to easily 'feel' it and become entranced by the music and the atmosphere to a certain degree.

This is why I find that rock and a lot of 'pop' is damn nigh impossible to dance to... As for Hip-Hop and R&B, I dislike dancing to it simply because I don't like the vibe that it brings to a club.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 LJS9502_basic

I wasn't assuming anything about you. I was dispelling any assumptions you may have had about me- I suspect you categorized me in some sort of negative(ish) stereotype where you may have lumped people who enjoy 'dance' music.
Indeed, House is repetitive. That, however, is the whole point- and the whole essence- of it. I find that dancing to something necessitates some sort of structure and repetitiveness. House music is repetitive, catchy, usually has a strong bass line, has funk influences... all of this contributes to enabling one to easily 'feel' it and become entranced by the music and the atmosphere to a certain degree.

This is why I find that rock and a lot of 'pop' is damn nigh impossible to dance to... As for Hip-Hop and R&B, I dislike dancing to it simply because I don't like the vibe that it brings to a club.

nick3333

I didn't form any opinion about you in regard to this post whatsoever. Dance existed long before house.....and will exist long after house is gone. Music has structure whatever the genre. Repetitiveness is not necessary for dance. Rhythm is. So while you like house...that does not mean other genres can't be danced to anyway. If you got the rhythm...you can dance. Or should be able to dance....ability varies.;)

nick3333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 nick3333
[QUOTE="nick3333"]

LJS9502_basic

I didn't form any opinion about you in regard to this post whatsoever. Dance existed long before house.....and will exist long after house is gone. Music has structure whatever the genre. Repetitiveness is not necessary for dance. Rhythm is. So while you like house...that does not mean other genres can't be danced to anyway. If you got the rhythm...you can dance. Or should be able to dance....ability varies.;)

All right then, point well taken.

Having lived in Switzerland for 5 years, where the only music one can dance to in a club is house, I have found that I find most other genres (when played at clubs) almost disgusting. This means that I have only danced to house music for the past 5 years, meaning that any other genre is decidedly disorienting for me.

Nevertheless, I overcome all of this after a few drinks, so I guess the point is moot.

dante_123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 dante_123456
Member since 2005 • 15011 Posts
Folk Metal disagrees :)
Wilfred_Owen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#10 Wilfred_Owen
Member since 2005 • 20964 Posts
As long as I get some acid, glow sticks, and a wall with cherry flavor that I can lick I say party on dode.
mr-freakid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 mr-freakid
Member since 2007 • 31 Posts
Have you heard Ibiza?..its just perfect : )
EboyLOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 EboyLOL
Member since 2006 • 5358 Posts
Talking Heads are the best to dance to.