House is one of America's most watched shows? What do you like about it?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

thattotally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 thattotally
Member since 2008 • 3842 Posts

I guess seeing as there are plenty of medical dramas, one might find it difficult to watch yet another one. House has been around for quite a while. Is the titular character the only reason any fans watch the show?

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#2 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
Well, the medical cases are pretty unique, and the way he solves them is pretty clever. House is a very entertaining guy, in that unlikable sorta way. He's just a complete jerk. He's the main draw of the show in my opinion, but it also has a good supporting cast, such as Omar Epps.
Avatar image for Ultrabeatdown55
Ultrabeatdown55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Ultrabeatdown55
Member since 2008 • 15314 Posts
Well, the medical cases are pretty unique, and the way he solves them is pretty clever. House is a very entertaining guy, in that unlikable sorta way. He's just a complete jerk. He's the main draw of the show in my opinion, but it also has a good supporting cast, such as Omar Epps.JustPlainLucas
This exactly.
DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#4 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
Don't know about anyone else, but I watch it for Cuddy's cleavage and butt.
Mochyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Mochyc
Member since 2007 • 4421 Posts
Well, the medical cases are pretty unique, and the way he solves them is pretty clever. House is a very entertaining guy, in that unlikable sorta way. He's just a complete jerk. He's the main draw of the show in my opinion, but it also has a good supporting cast, such as Omar Epps.JustPlainLucas
This, and I love how it's completely unpredictable (like the end of season 5, that was just holy crap wow).
NLahren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#6 NLahren
Member since 2009 • 1927 Posts
he knows how to entertain people the medical cases are unique the stories are not like omg he will die like in some other serias, wait and the doc will help u
EMOEVOLUTION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 EMOEVOLUTION
Member since 2008 • 8998 Posts
House is a fantastic character. I enjoy his personality. the medical stuff is all secondary to me.
Avatar image for super_mario_128
super_mario_128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 super_mario_128
Member since 2006 • 23884 Posts
It has a good cast and some good dialogue, and Hugh Laurie is brilliant. It's a bit repetitive though. I watched five seasons, then stopped.
Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Tjeremiah1988
Member since 2003 • 16665 Posts
dont see whats so special about it. Fount it rather boring, really.
wallymartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 wallymartin
Member since 2004 • 12165 Posts

The entire tone of the show changed during season 5, and a lot of the charm I have loved just disappeared. It still has moments, but it doesn't feel like that same show I fell in love with in high school, and I stopped watching as devotedly as I had. That may change now that 24 is back though.

Witchsight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Witchsight
Member since 2004 • 12145 Posts
Ive never seen a preview or snippets of any episodes that were interesting to me. His character i find very forced as well, not entertaining. ...There arent many shows i like if that says anything...
albatrossdrums

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 albatrossdrums
Member since 2008 • 1178 Posts

I don't watch but I am very happy it's become a hit, because I was a fan of Hugh Laurie from the Blackadder series and I think he is extremely talented.

msudude211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 msudude211
Member since 2006 • 44517 Posts
Don't know about anyone else, but I watch it for Cuddy's cleavage and butt.DJ_Lae
Cuddy? More like Thirteen.
DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DJ_Lae

[QUOTE="DJ_Lae"]Don't know about anyone else, but I watch it for Cuddy's cleavage and butt.msudude211

Thirteen doesn't have cleavage or a butt, though.

msudude211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15 msudude211
Member since 2006 • 44517 Posts

[QUOTE="msudude211"][QUOTE="DJ_Lae"]Don't know about anyone else, but I watch it for Cuddy's cleavage and butt.DJ_Lae

But she's ranked #1 on Maxim's "Hot 100." :P
MystikFollower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MystikFollower
Member since 2009 • 4061 Posts

[QUOTE="msudude211"][QUOTE="DJ_Lae"]Don't know about anyone else, but I watch it for Cuddy's cleavage and butt.DJ_Lae

Um read Maxim and you'll see just what Thirteen has... Cuddy is pretty nice though ;). I love House and have loved the series since the beginning. I'll agree that the tone of the show has changed this season, but only cause were seeing real character growth and development in House's character. Sure we all love seeing his cynical sarcasm and witty rhetoric, but he had to change sooner or later.

Emraldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 Emraldo
Member since 2004 • 1959 Posts

It has a good cast and some good dialogue, and Hugh Laurie is brilliant. It's a bit repetitive though. I watched five seasons, then stopped.super_mario_128

Watch the first episode of season 6 at least. Trust me on that.

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DJ_Lae
Oh, I know 13 was ranked up there on Maxim, but she really is just a nice face on a 10-year-old boy's body. Cuddy is all woman in the right places. As for the show, it's been a bit uneven the past few seasons. I enjoyed the first few, but when they tried shifting things to make up for the show's predictability they went astray. I never enjoyed the competition dynamic with all the interns and many of the moments that were supposed to have emotional impact (Kutner, Cuttthroat **bleep**) fell flat because I either didn't care about the characters or found them annoying. Amber in particular I couldn't stand, so when her big moment came it was sort of an Aeris moment where inside I went "Yes! Now I won't have to put up with her any more!" The current season I feel is a step forward as they brought back the original characters and have done enough different with the main arc to keep things interesting. Though I wish there was more Cuddy. She's really taken a back seat recently, probably due to House's changes. No need for them to butt heads, I guess.
Avatar image for super_mario_128
super_mario_128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 super_mario_128
Member since 2006 • 23884 Posts

Watch the first episode of season 6 at least. Trust me on that.

Emraldo

I saw the first four or so episodes of season 6. Didn't like the direction it was being taken in, though I'll admit the asylum episodes brought a freshness to show.

carlandcarl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#20 carlandcarl
Member since 2004 • 1251 Posts

just a funny show to watch, just got that perfect humor which is actually really unethical for those situations :P

Bourbons3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 Bourbons3
Member since 2003 • 24238 Posts
I don't like House. Every episode is the same, which isn't necessarily bad, but I dislike the characters too much.
DigitalExile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 DigitalExile
Member since 2008 • 16046 Posts

I never used to like it, now I am mildly interested. I actually got very interested with the last seasons finale, for obvious reasons. It was a very unexpected, but not farfetched, twist. :)

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

well this is the first medical drama show I have ever watched so it's not "just another medical show" for me. One of the reasons I got into the show was because it had plenty to laugh at and getting into the drama bit kind of came later.

Also I like the story they come up with.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 LJS9502_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 178837 Posts
I watched it for awhile....but it's a very formulaic show and I quit watching for that reason.
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

I watched it for awhile....but it's a very formulaic show and I quit watching for that reason.LJS9502_basic

Almost exactly what I was going to say. :P I lost interest a couple seasons ago.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/write-your-own-house-episode/

Avatar image for moonlightcharm6
moonlightcharm6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#26 moonlightcharm6
Member since 2009 • 1581 Posts
[QUOTE="EMOEVOLUTION"]House is a fantastic character. I enjoy his personality. the medical stuff is all secondary to me.

I really like House he is so funny in a mes up kind of way. He is so HONEST i just love that.
TyrantDragon55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 TyrantDragon55
Member since 2004 • 6851 Posts

I enjoy House's character. That and Thirteen, Cuddy, and Cameron are hot.

Jaks_Secret

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#28 Jaks_Secret
Member since 2006 • 9003 Posts
House is a good character, along with most of the supporting characters. The episodes are either really funny or intense and serious, but without being overly melodramatic like Scrubs could be. Aside from a few shows on HBO, I think it's the best show on television right now.
thattotally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#29 thattotally
Member since 2008 • 3842 Posts

Well the show has been around for what, 6 seasons now? I'm surprised people aren't bored with the show. It does feel a bit like the same old same old, always having an obscenely horrible disease that the patient is diagnosed with.

And why are the patients always lying? Why?

L30KinG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 L30KinG
Member since 2009 • 1893 Posts

hpouse just makes me laugh, all the thing he does and how he is a jerk. I don't watch it so much for the mdical cases, i just watch it for house

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#31 lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts

but cameron does, both :P
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#32 lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts

and well...what do I love about house???...well the script is brillant, funny jokes but still managing to keep drama, the characters and actors are amazing, the cases are always unique and fun to watch, its awesome how house deducts what the pacient has almost at the end of the episode...for example last night I was watching the ezra powell episode...and house knew what was wrong with the guy when he saw a girl's underwear were red. oh and cameron looks extremely hot in that episode :P

but you gotta admit something...if house would be a real life guy...you would hate his personality instead of thinking that he is hillarious

Pixel-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33 Pixel-Pirate
Member since 2009 • 10771 Posts

I've never watched the show mainly because I don't watch fictional shows anymore. I mainly just watch history and science shows now. But, just judging the book by it's cover, House seems like a pretty generic character.