Homeless !What is the solution

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

delol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 delol
Member since 2005 • 8793 Posts

solutions please

linkin_guy109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 linkin_guy109
Member since 2005 • 8864 Posts
put them all on an island and put a 30 foot tall fence around the whole island made of titanium, then throw in a crap load of lumber and construction tools and send a crate of food to them every month, problem solved
DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#3 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts

Do what my university did with rabbits - send someone around every week to round them up, and then the next day the residence cafeteria has cannelloni on the menu.

delol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 delol
[QUOTE="linkin_guy109"]put them all on an island and put a 30 foot tall fence around the whole island made of titanium, then throw in a crap load of lumber and construction tools and send a crate of food to them every month, problem solved[/QUOTE Your Christian point of view die emote me Thanks god mankind has elements such as you
tzar3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 tzar3
Member since 2006 • 12393 Posts

Burn them with fire! :twisted:

Avatar image for Mercury_May2112
Mercury_May2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 Mercury_May2112
Member since 2007 • 2507 Posts

Do what my university did with rabbits - send someone around every week to round them up, and then the next day the residence cafeteria has cannelloni on the menu.

DJ_Lae

Which university is this?

xNJN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 xNJN
Member since 2006 • 1374 Posts

You and your poll lack knowledge. People need to realize that the majority of homeless people choose to live on the streets. They could have picked themselves up but they lack motivation completely (except for living). This lack of motivation leaves them jobless. Jobless = homeless. They knew what they were getting into and so they went about it. It's a much easier life for the people they are. They don't care about material crap.

Next time you see a homeless person who appears to be mentally stable, try talking to them. Ask them why they live on the streets.

Led_poison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Led_poison
Member since 2004 • 10146 Posts
a house
delol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 delol

You and your poll lack knowledge. People need to realize that the majority of homeless people choose to live on the streets. They could have picked themselves up but they lack motivation completely (except for living). This lack of motivation leaves them jobless. Jobless = homeless. They knew what they were getting into and so they went about it. It's a much easier life for the people they are. They don't care about material crap.

Next time you see a homeless person who appears to be mentally stable, try talking to them. Ask them why they live on the streets.

xNJN
man do not paternalize me Everyday i see homeless and most of them did not choose to be so they where pushed by some circumstances of life .Some of them are proud people others human that lost the most precious thing an human can have their pride ALL of them are human beings and needs to be care off and reintegrate on the society
mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mindstorm
Member since 2003 • 15255 Posts

I work with the homeless weekly and that's a rather difficult thing to answer. Those that I know that have been homeless for at the minimum of 6 months to a year simply need the motivation and inspiration. Many of them that have been homeless for an extended amount of time simply loose hope, get adjusted to that lifestyle, they have addictions that prevent them from improving, or they are mentally unstable.

For the homeless I know it's difficult for them to get a job as they have no transportation, cannot be clean and dressed in clean clothes for the job, and random things like not having an alarm to wake them up in time. The jobs they can get are daily jobs and are not employed for an extended amount of time.

I have seen people come out of homelessness but it's a slow and gradual process. Some of them raise enough money to get an apartment and slowly build themselves back up. Others go through programs the city offers. One example of that is I know of a female who was offered scholarships to go to college, her face when telling us about it is one I'll never forget.

DrCoCoPiMp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DrCoCoPiMp
Member since 2005 • 4088 Posts
Anything but Welfare, any government cud make a program to help those homeless people to go back to school or just to help him to get a job and to start getting a roof over there, a roof that they could own. Dont give a fish, learn them to fish!
delol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 delol

I work with the homeless weekly and that's a rather difficult thing to answer. Those that I know that have been homeless for at the minimum of 6 months to a year simply need the motivation and inspiration. Many of them that have been homeless for an extended amount of time simply loose hope, get adjusted to that lifestyle, they have addictions that prevent them from improving, or they are mentally unstable.

For the homeless I know it's difficult for them to get a job as they have no transportation, cannot be clean and dressed in clean clothes for the job, and random things like not having an alarm to wake them up in time. The jobs they can get are daily jobs and are not employed for an extended amount of time.

I have seen people come out of homelessness but it's a slow and gradual process. Some of them raise enough money to get an apartment and slowly build themselves back up. Others go through programs the city offers. One example of that is I know of a female who was offered scholarships to go to college, her face when telling us about it is one I'll never forget.

mindstorm
amazing testemony .Thank you
-Wicked_Sick-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 -Wicked_Sick-
Member since 2007 • 1171 Posts
You know many homeless choose to live that way?
delol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 delol
[QUOTE="DrCoCoPiMp"]Anything but Welfare, any government cud make a program to help those homeless people to go back to school or just to help him to get a job and to start getting a roof over there, a roof that they could own. Dont give a fish, learn them to fish![/QUOTE Better Welfare than pure an simply abandon
famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 famicommander
Member since 2008 • 8524 Posts
Nothing. They're homeless because of decisions they made, and only they can change that fact.
delol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 delol
[QUOTE="-Wicked_Sick-"]You know many homeless choose to live that way?[/QUOTE That is an Urbam mith Nothing else
dodgerblue13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 dodgerblue13
Member since 2004 • 20846 Posts

George Carlin has some good insight on this issue.

Obvious language warning.

Link

Setsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Setsa
Member since 2005 • 8431 Posts
[QUOTE="-Wicked_Sick-"]You know many homeless choose to live that way?[/QUOTE That is an Urbam mith Nothing elsedelol
Most homeless people are on the streets because of their own faults. Yes, there are those that are on the streets because they got laid off or because their parents were train-wrecks, but the majority of those that are homeless are there because of apathy and an unwillingness to strive for success.
killyou060606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 killyou060606
Member since 2005 • 27091 Posts

Burn them with fire! :twisted:

tzar3
Then you can eat them.
Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Hewkii
Member since 2006 • 26339 Posts
you can't cure it. there will always be homeless people.
HeyDoYaThang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 HeyDoYaThang
Member since 2008 • 963 Posts
Get rid of governments. There is no bigger waste of money. How many people in government and how much are they paid? Think they are doing a good job? Think a government would ever waste a tax payers money on anything? Nah probably not.
NekoTheSpook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#22 NekoTheSpook
Member since 2006 • 4719 Posts

It's true, there IS a high percentage that chooses that lifestyle. I know one person myself who sneers at living "normally", says she is happy where she is - no bills, no responibilites. But it's wrong to assume they're all that way. In the '80's, legislation caused thousands of people in mental institutions to be put out on the street. Why? Some people thought they needed the right to make there own way. Problem was, many couldn't handle living in the real world, and many had no place or family to go to.

For every person that is just unmotivated or lazy, there's one that was forced out of their home from unemployment, from business loss, or discarded by their families. Some are kids that have run away from really bad situations, bad enough that not knowing where your next meal is coming form is preferable to keeping dry and warm. Sure, by aiding the homeless I'm probably helping some sorry a$$ that would rather sleep under a bridge than go and work at McDonald's, but if there's a chance that somebody that genuinely needs help can get it, then I'm going to try.

scorch-62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 scorch-62
Member since 2006 • 29763 Posts
I'd line then up in the street, get a skateboard and try to jump over them :)
mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 mindstorm
Member since 2003 • 15255 Posts

Most homeless people are on the streets because of their own faults. Yes, there are those that are on the streets because they got laid off or because their parents were train-wrecks, but the majority of those that are homeless are there because of apathy and an unwillingness to strive for success.Setsa
That doesn't mean we shouldn't seek to inspire them to live more fruitful lives.
you can't cure it. there will always be homeless people.Hewkii

That is indeed true but that doesn't mean we can't reduce the amount on the streets.

legend26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 legend26
Member since 2007 • 16010 Posts

Link

dodgerblue13
man, he was brillient
delol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 delol
[QUOTE="delol"][QUOTE="-Wicked_Sick-"]You know many homeless choose to live that way?[/QUOTE That is an Urban myth Nothing elseSetsa
Most homeless people are on the streets because of their own faults. Yes, there are those that are on the streets because they got laid off or because their parents were train-wrecks, but the majority of those that are homeless are there because of apathy and an unwillingness to strive for success.

Depression is a serious health condition not a chosen way of life If you got a health insurance you can go to a good therapist ,take the right drugs have family or friends support and you will eventually overcome it .If you are poor whit no medical assistance and you came from a social degraded environment then most certainly you will fall into an spiral of self-destruction that may lead you into the bacK alleys of the great cities
ps3wizard45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#27 ps3wizard45
Member since 2007 • 12907 Posts
problem solved :P
delol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 delol
you can't cure it. there will always be homeless people.Hewkii
as long as wild capitalism still lives
xNJN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 xNJN
Member since 2006 • 1374 Posts
[QUOTE="xNJN"]

delol

man do not paternalize me Everyday i see homeless and most of them did not choose to be so they where pushed by some circumstances of life .Some of them are proud people others human that lost the most precious thing an human can have their pride ALL of them are human beings and needs to be care off and reintegrate on the society

Oh I agree, but you can't force people to do anything. If theyre there, and want to be there then leave them there. For the rest, give a hand.

Spazoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Spazoid
Member since 2003 • 446 Posts
There isn't any single answer as people are homeless for many different reasons.
Some are homeless because that's the life they choose to live.
Some are homeless because of vaious addictions, such as drugs, gambling, alchohol, violence... anything.
While others are homelss because of mental illness.

I believe that the governemt shouldn't give these people money, but rather offer jobs and free programs to fix themselves. The government should also help and take care of those with mental illnesses as they cannot be blamed for their position. But no matter what I believe every person should get the choice of what happens to them, forcing someone to live somewhere or do something is exactly what our freedoms protect us against.
dodgerblue13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 dodgerblue13
Member since 2004 • 20846 Posts
[QUOTE="dodgerblue13"]

Link

legend26

man, he was brillient

Very much so. It's a shame he's dead. He was almost more intelligent than funny. His petty stuff was hilarious but he was much more than just a comedian.

legend26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 legend26
[QUOTE="legend26"][QUOTE="dodgerblue13"]

Link

dodgerblue13

man, he was brillient

Very much so. It's a shame he's dead. He was almost more intelligent than funny. His petty stuff was hilarious but he was much more than just a comedian.

hes sooo right about the prison part
Bourbons3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#34 Bourbons3
Member since 2003 • 24238 Posts
There is no real solution. The homeless come below everyone else, and there are not enough jobs and houses for everyone else.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#35 deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
Member since 2002 • 7110 Posts
They shall be assimilated to the Borg Hive :twisted:
H8sMikeMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 H8sMikeMoore
Member since 2008 • 5427 Posts

solutions please

delol

you seriously just made conservatives out to be similar to nazis when we have nothing in common.

NekoTheSpook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#37 NekoTheSpook
Member since 2006 • 4719 Posts

[QUOTE="Setsa"][QUOTE="delol"][QUOTE="-Wicked_Sick-"]You know many homeless choose to live that way?[/QUOTE That is an Urban myth Nothing elsedelol

Depression is a serious health condition not a chosen way of life If you got a health insurance you can go to a good therapist ,take the right drugs have family or friends support and you will eventually overcome it .If you are poor whit no medical assistance and you came from a social degraded environment then most certainly you will fall into an spiral of self-destruction that may lead you into the bacK alleys of the great cities

Very true, although I should mention that even with insurance it can be difficult to cover costs. Drug prices, deductibles and co-pays are scary. Which is why community support is invaluable.

legend26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 legend26
There is no real solution. The homeless come below everyone else, and there are not enough jobs and houses for everyone else.Bourbons3
which is why we should build houses for homeless people on golf courses
scorch-62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 scorch-62

[QUOTE="delol"][QUOTE="Setsa"][QUOTE="delol"][QUOTE="-Wicked_Sick-"]You know many homeless choose to live that way?NekoTheSpook

That is an Urban myth Nothing else

Very true, although I should mention that even with insurance it can be difficult to cover costs. Drug prices, deductibles and co-pays are scary. Which is why community support is invaluable.

Sorry to interrupt but *fixed

delol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 delol
[QUOTE="delol"]

solutions please

H8sMikeMoore

you seriously just made conservatives out to be similar to nazis when we have nothing in common.

HEY there no long time no seeing you ! Please read better my poll i think you have some prejudices about mine liberal self
Setsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Setsa
Member since 2005 • 8431 Posts

[QUOTE="delol"][QUOTE="Setsa"][QUOTE="delol"][QUOTE="-Wicked_Sick-"]You know many homeless choose to live that way?[/QUOTE That is an Urban myth Nothing elseNekoTheSpook

Community support is vital to rehabilitation and getting them back on their feet, but it is often difficult to effectively motivate some homeless. There are those that will jump at the offer of a job and eagerly pursuit the offer, but their effectiveness and apathy in the workplace is a different matter. Yes, we should support the homeless, but only if they are deemed worthy (ie. give welfare to those that are aspiring and are in a rut due to outside matters, do not give welfare to those that are on the streets because they dropped out of school, ran away from home, and started consuming narcotics avidly).
delol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 delol

[QUOTE="NekoTheSpook"][QUOTE="delol"][QUOTE="Setsa"][QUOTE="delol"][QUOTE="-Wicked_Sick-"]You know many homeless choose to live that way?scorch-62

That is an Urban myth Nothing else

Sorry to interrupt but *fixed

[/QUOTE Agree fixed
dazza_avo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 dazza_avo
Member since 2006 • 1075 Posts

Take them all to a deserted island, put explosive collars around their necks, then...

BATTLE ROYALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

scorch-62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 scorch-62

[QUOTE="scorch-62"]Sorry to interrupt but *fixeddelol

Agree fixed

*fixed again

delol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 delol

[QUOTE="delol"][QUOTE="scorch-62"]Sorry to interrupt but *fixedscorch-62

Agree fixed

*fixed again

[/QUOTE:lol: triple fixed
yoshi-lnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 yoshi-lnex
Member since 2007 • 5442 Posts
Help them through programs or charities; helping them get jobs, some education, food and shelter. Ultimately helping everybody.
scorch-62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 scorch-62
[QUOTE="scorch-62"][QUOTE="delol"][QUOTE="scorch-62"]Sorry to interrupt but *fixeddelol

Agree fixed

*fixed again

:lol: triple fixed

Damn it :x

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

there are no solutions here but i like the free man answer

lucky326

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 lucky326
Member since 2006 • 3799 Posts

DJ_Lae
This one = Win.
The_One_White

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 The_One_White
Member since 2006 • 1417 Posts
Give them an axe so they can cut down a tree and make themselves a home from the lumber...then they sell the house for drugs...