Holy Moly! Missing Airline Jet Plane!

• 180 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 BluRayHiDef
Member since 2009 • 10839 Posts

A plane that departed from Malaysia and headed to China has been missing for three days. It was carrying 239 passengers, among whom were thirteen nationalities and 160 of whom were Chinese citizens. What do you think happened?

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#2 vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

I heard there was a Dr. Jack Shephard on the plane....clearly it crash landed on a mysterious island.

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 deeliman
Member since 2013 • 4027 Posts

Wasn't there already a thread on this?

Avatar image for Smashbrossive50
Smashbrossive50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4  Edited By Smashbrossive50
Member since 2009 • 3915 Posts

@deeliman: yep,it's http://www.gamespot.com/forums/offtopic-discussion-314159273/777-plane-with-239-passengers-missing-terror-conce-31130569/#36

It's kinda sad to hear that 7 out of 239 people onboard were Indonesians

o0squishy0o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By o0squishy0o
Member since 2007 • 2802 Posts

3mins into this video and I hate it already. I mean way to jump on to a "its a terrorist" bandwagon. The guy is like "I am not saying terrorist from iran.... but you know.... I mean.. Terrorist"

1 is plausible? I am guessing she means terrorism right. What is this...

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 vfibsux

@Smashbrossive50 said:

@deeliman: yep,it's http://www.gamespot.com/forums/offtopic-discussion-314159273/777-plane-with-239-passengers-missing-terror-conce-31130569/#36

It's kinda sad to hear that 7 out of 239 people onboard were Indonesians

It's kinda sad to hear that should matter. There were a few Americans as well, I am sure the deaths sucked for all involved...families included.

Smashbrossive50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Smashbrossive50

@o0squishy0o: it's crap,I dismiss the term "terrorism and terrorist" just because there were stowaways aboard,doesn't mean that they are terrorists,there has to be a technical reason for this

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By vfibsux
@o0squishy0o said:

3mins into this video and I hate it already. I mean way to jump on to a "its a terrorist" bandwagon. The guy is like "I am not saying terrorist from iran.... but you know.... I mean.. Terrorist"

1 is plausible? I am guessing she means terrorism right. What is this...

@Smashbrossive50 said:

@o0squishy0o: it's crap,I dismiss the term "terrorism and terrorrist" just because there were stowaways aboard,doesn't mean that they are terrorists,there has to be a technical reason for this

How could any tool in 2014 possibly NOT think terrorism could be in the top 3 causes of any crash like this? What the hell are you smoking? Even before we knew about stolen passports terrorism is a possible cause, probable even. You act as though terrorists have never used planes before.

Hell, sometimes GS-Off Topic makes ME feel like I am on the LOST island. This forum escapes all reality at times.

Yea....never happens

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38677 Posts

terrorism is a legitimate theory, as would be other catastrophic events that would cause the plane to crash. it's a big fucking ocean, it will likely take some time to find the aircraft

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 vfibsux

@comp_atkins said:

terrorism is a legitimate theory, as would be other catastrophic events that would cause the plane to crash. it's a big fucking ocean, it will likely take some time to find the aircraft

Absolutely. It could very easily be another Air France crash which was the same circumstances, no terrorism involved. Just this whole thinking terrorism is an "out there" theory is absurd.

Smashbrossive50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Smashbrossive50

@vfibsux: let's just hope they are safe,I heard alot about the families came all the way to Malaysia to ensure its safety

Yet what i argue is that media sources,whether it's from Malaysia or nearby countries, spoke about the cause is not terrorism,like I said...it's technical,since it's like 2500 feet away from sea level,never know that the communication system abruptly lost like when a rocket had reached the Far Side of the Moon

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By vfibsux

@Smashbrossive50 said:

@vfibsux: let's just hope they are safe,I heard alot about the families came all the way to Malaysia to ensure its safety

I think you can forget about any chance of them being safe.

Smashbrossive50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Smashbrossive50

You'll never know til the time/day comes,vfibsux

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 comp_atkins

@Smashbrossive50 said:

You'll never know til the time/day comes,vfibsux

unless it had already landed, by now it's on the ground

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

@deeliman said:

Wasn't there already a thread on this?

yeah this is pretty old

elkoldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 elkoldo
Member since 2009 • 1832 Posts

@vfibsux said:

I heard there was a Dr. Jack Shephard on the plane....clearly it crash landed on a mysterious island.

lol

Smashbrossive50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Smashbrossive50

@comp_atkins: o hell no! last thing to be understood is that the plane must've sea-landed,because geographically the radar reading indicated that the plane lost its signal in the middle of the sea

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

I like the wormhole theory, so Donnie Darko.

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BluRayHiDef

I think the plane crashed into the ocean and that everyone onboard died.

Smashbrossive50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Smashbrossive50

@BluRayHiDef: you need good source on this,because losing 7 people from my country would make me go all-nuts,you don't want to reread what happened to the poor Ethiopian Airlines back in 1996,not everyone died in the crash,only 50 out of 163 people were safe

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

It probably crashed somewhere in the ocean. It may take a considerable amount of time before any indication about the whereabouts of the crash site transpires. Its not the first time a plane goes missing only to be found out later that it simply crashed. Its actually profoundly sad when you think about it: all this anticipation and speculation by the living while in fact people on board have been dead all along. It must be excruciating at the moment to have a loved one in there and it will only get much worse once they finally find out their loved ones were dead all the way from the beginning.

Masculus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Masculus
Member since 2009 • 2878 Posts

It's incredible that authorities have no clue of it's location. Even Alien abduction is a valid hypothesis, or worse, they are trapped in a universe full of the dreaded Langoliers.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 vfibsux

@Smashbrossive50 said:

@BluRayHiDef: you need good source on this,because losing 7 people from my country would make me go all-nuts,you don't want to reread what happened to the poor Ethiopian Airlines back in 1996,not everyone died in the crash,only 50 out of 163 people were safe

This plane disappeared without any distress calls which suggests it had some type of catastrophic break up at 35,000 feet. The one you are talking about crash landed in the ocean just off shore. You seriously cannot see the difference here?

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 vfibsux

@Masculus said:

It's incredible that authorities have no clue of it's location. Even Alien abduction is a valid hypothesis, or worse, they are trapped in a universe full of the dreaded Langoliers.

If you understand how these things work you would not find it incredible at all. Regardless of what you believe there is not 100% radar coverage over the entire Earth.

Smashbrossive50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Smashbrossive50

@vfibsux: I do get the point that the plane somehow lose connection with nearby air traffic radars(presumably military airstrip's) and I do see its difference

Smashbrossive50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Smashbrossive50

@Motokid6: as I see it right,I reject all of these "catastrophe" you throw. this has to be a technical reason,name that the engine was not fully repaired prior to the flight

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By vfibsux

@Smashbrossive50 said:

@Motokid6: as I see it right,I reject all of these "catastrophe" you throw. this has to be a technical reason,name that the engine was not fully repaired prior to the flight

Okay...I think you just really do not have a grasp on how these things work. Engine failure does not cause a plane to go down without any pilot communication, it would be either structural failure or a mid-flight explosion. The reason it has to be catastrophic is that is the only explanation for the lack of pilots communicating the emergency, it had to happen to fast. This is of course assuming it was mechanical at all.

I can't explain it to you any other way.

Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts

Amelia Earhart kidnapped them and is hiding them in the Bermuda Triangle, obviously.

Smashbrossive50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Smashbrossive50

I recall about the plane's pre-fate was that at what time did the plane fly? Answer is midnight,some people got themselves restless before the flight was announced,that is my best bet right there.

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 BluRayHiDef

Perhaps this is a dumb question, but is there a chance that the plane was captured on Satellite video?

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By BluRayHiDef

I've never been on a plane, and I don't think I ever will be. If a plane crashes midair or falls out of the sky, death is guaranteed, but if a land vehicle or marine vehicle suffers an accident, there's a chance it won't be fatal.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#36 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

Something seems a little odd now. Plane was massively off course as it had made huge deviation from flight path as reported by Malaysian air force. Still could be mechanical or instrument failure, but nothing is ruled out yet.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 vfibsux

@BluRayHiDef said:

Perhaps this is a dumb question, but is there a chance that the plane was captured on Satellite video?

Not a dumb question, but all satellites pointing in that region at the time were already checked. Nothing.

@BluRayHiDef said:

I've never been on a plane, and I don't think I ever will be. If a plane crashes midair or falls out of the sky, death is guaranteed, but if a land vehicle or marine vehicle suffers an accident, there's a chance it won't be fatal.

I have always been a nervous flyer and I am in the USAF lol. Seriously commercial flight is ridiculously safe. You can fly around the world 24/7 for like 20 years before you actually have a chance to have the plane crash.

@sonicare said:

Something seems a little odd now. Plane was massively off course as it had made huge deviation from flight path as reported by Malaysian air force. Still could be mechanical or instrument failure, but nothing is ruled out yet.

My thinking would point that even more toward terrorism, if not a passenger hijacking then one or both of the pilots taking over the plane, which has happened before on the EgyptAir flight.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#39 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

I think the sea swallowed them.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 comp_atkins

we will not know shit for sure until they get the flight recorders. until then, feel free to speculate.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 comp_atkins

@Motokid6 said:

@roulettethedog: Dont be. Theres not a mechanical failure in the world that can bring a plane down so fast. The worst thing that can happen is explosive decompression. And even then the plane can land with everyone alive as documented. Well anyone that was strapped in atleast..

Google Aloha Airlines Flight 243 if you have any douts about airliner durability. And that was 1988.

unless they're dead/unconscious... google payne stewart

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#42 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58938 Posts

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#43  Edited By Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

This thread needs some ultimate-k.

VaguelyTagged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 VaguelyTagged
Member since 2009 • 10702 Posts

why should we be fed the images of people praying for the victims on the news? it's totally irrelevant to the actual event and doesn't belong in the news really.

GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

#45 GamerForca
Member since 2005 • 7203 Posts

A lot of complaining about people saying it's terrorism, though I recall the same thing happening with the Boston Bombing... anyway, it definitely could be terrorism. Hijack the plane, turn it around, there's a fight, and then one of them detonates a bomb. That could explain it. There certainly could've been mechanical failure, in which the pilots became completely disoriented and turned the plane out of its path, but then why no mayday? They would've had plenty of time. Maybe they just... didn't? Like that Air France flight? But their transponder suddenly stopped too, which seems intentional to me. Also, I was thinking pilot suicide, but from what I understand of pilot suicide, that situation doesn't generally involve the pilot flying way off course...

@BluRayHiDef said:

And yet your chances of getting killed on the interstate are infinitely higher than your chances of going down in a commercial airliner....

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

@BluRayHiDef said:

A plane that departed from Malaysia and headed to China has been missing for three days.

Yes, we have known this for....three days. :O

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

You guys jumping on terrorism are late to the party....not terrorism either. The two stolen passports belonged to people seeking asylum. Such a negative world this is.

Shame about the plane....

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts

Thought I saw that plane the other day

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#49  Edited By the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

@BluRayHiDef said:

Just so you know, more people die in car crashes every year than the total number of people who have died in plane crashes, in the entire history of flight. Statistically speaking, you are much, much more likely to be killed taking a cross country road trip than to die going across the country on a plane.

Anyway, on topic, and to all the people saying that there's no way it was any kind of mechanical because there was no communication from the pilots... Is it really that hard to believe that an electrical problem could destroy communication methods? Is that impossible? Someone please explain how, if that is, in fact, impossible.

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#50 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts

It's in my backyard..