holy crap how low is the site traffic on gamespot?

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#51 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

When a site un bans people, is when you know the site is going downhill and hurting for site hits.

gawado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 gawado
Member since 2011 • 50 Posts

Anyway while I'm surprised at the users that are still here (the site's loading time is seriously awful, how do you stomach it) I guess that's it for me.

Tangmashi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 Tangmashi
Member since 2007 • 1093 Posts

@OmegaPillow said:

It's so dead they had to revive banned

Members like myself to keep it going

Trash like you and me have to keep this site alive. GS is counting on us.

TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 TruthTellers
Member since 2012 • 3393 Posts

I haven't been on the OT section here on GS for about 9 months and it's incredible how this thread doesn't even have a 3rd page by now. There's no one big reason why it's not as active as it once was, but the site overhaul was the straw that broke the camel's back. IMO, the lack of quality in video games, the PS4/X1 consoles not having any games worth spending the $400 to buy a new console for, gaming reviews and "journalists", and the death of the unions and groups people came here to interact with. I remember I finally made an account on GS in 2012 so I could complain about how shyte the ending to Mass Effect 3 was and I stayed just for the unions... which in Gamespot's infinite wisdom decided to purge.

I gave up on Gamespot as a serious gaming website late last year with it's review of GTA V not because I joined the R* fanboys who yelled like little girl's having their first periods because it didn't get an 11 out of 10, but because GTA V is one of the most disappointing games I've ever played. The single player story was so mismanaged with the 3 main characters and terrible plotting that I fell asleep at points playing it. Then the multiplayer was some of the most boring, repetative, and downright bugged out pieces of crap I've ever touched. How that reviewer who sounded like he'd just woken up in the middle of his sex reassignment surgery could ever give GTA V a score above 7 was sickening especially when all he complained about in the game was how women were depicted.

A question I have is how much did the company that manages GS pay the web designers to build the new overhauled site and why? Doesn't seem like it's been a good investment at all.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#55 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@gawado said:

Is this the only place users flock to now? I made a topic on the general games board about pokemon colosseum, a game from a pretty popular series called pokemon, that no one posted in.

Is this site like, dying in terms of actual conversations and discussions on individual game boards and systems and stuff? What happened to this fallout desolated place.

A lot of people left after the site was updated

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#56 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3858 Posts

Before the site changes a vote was held in brackets to determine the best game prior to the release of GTA 5. GTA was not winning so Gamespot did not release the winner. Then changed to this piece of crap. They lost all credibility after that and many people just left.

darkmark91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 darkmark91
Member since 2006 • 3047 Posts

I wanna know where everyone went so I can join in on the fun.