Hollywood has hit a new low.

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Gibsonsg527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Gibsonsg527
Member since 2010 • 3313 Posts

Ladies and gentlemen I give you Titanic 2

Not only is this a disgrace to film it is also a disgrace to the people who lost their lives.

The story goes like this. On the 100th anniversary of the original voyage, a modern luxury cruise liner is named the Titanic 2 and it sets out on the SAME course as the original Titanic and guess what it suffers the SAME fate as the original.I don't even know what to say.

EDIT: I just realized its not Hollywood but this movie is still a disgrace.

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Pirate700
Member since 2008 • 46465 Posts

It really has become sad. If it doesn't improve movies may soon be a thing of the past.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts
AAAHAHAHAHAHA! B-movie are the best things ever invented. Should be a good laugh... (Wait)... I've just been informed it is not indeed suppose to be a comedy. Well this is awkward.
gameguy6700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 gameguy6700
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts

Wow, you're right, someone should really think of the survivors of the Titanic as well as the families of the victims, all who would be deeply offended by this.

Oh no wait, the Titanic incident happened nearly 100 years ago, everyone who was on that ship or knew someone on that ship is now dead :|

Also, I wouldn't really say that the studio who made this counts as being a part of Hollywood. They're a straight-to-video studio, one that is notorious for ripping off blockbuster movies to make cash-in movies intended to only sale because their names are so simliar to movies that are actually good that people buying them as gifts might get confused and buy the wrong movie instead. The only original movie that studio has ever produced was Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus.

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#5 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

This is... a joke, right? A parody?

spazzx625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#6 spazzx625
Member since 2004 • 43433 Posts
Don't see what this has to do with Hollywood... It's a direct to video release...
comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38671 Posts

you sure?

Mr_Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 Mr_Alexander
Member since 2007 • 1686 Posts
Why couldn't they just have made an adaption of the Titanic incident, this is just ridiculous. Oh and it IS okay to make Titanic jokes now I think, since it's been a 100 years.
bigdcstile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 bigdcstile
Member since 2004 • 2236 Posts
[QUOTE="spazzx625"]Don't see what this has to do with Hollywood... It's a direct to video release...

This isn't Hollywood... this is the Asylum. The same company that brought us Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus and Mega Piranha and Transmorphers. (no, that last one is not a typo.)
Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Overlord93
Member since 2007 • 12602 Posts
what is this don't even
Agent-Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Agent-Zero
Member since 2009 • 6198 Posts
"Not an actual sequel to Titanic. Titanic II just happens to be the name of the ship." from the imdb.com trivia section for Titanic II
xsynth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 xsynth
Member since 2010 • 864 Posts
It can't be any worse than the string of parody movies that get released in cinemas now-a-days. date movie.. epic movie.. vampire suck.... ugh...
EJ902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 EJ902
Member since 2005 • 14338 Posts
A few years ago I heard someone made a sequel to titanic where it continues sinking such that it goes through the earth then comes out on the other side, near china, where something interesting happened. That sounded more interesting than the film in the op
Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Overlord93
Member since 2007 • 12602 Posts
It can't be any worse than the string of parody movies that get released in cinemas now-a-days. date movie.. epic movie.. vampire suck.... ugh...xsynth
yeah, you can just watch the trailers for those films and you will have seen the only funny bits.
Avatar image for deactivated-58df4522915cb
deactivated-58df4522915cb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 deactivated-58df4522915cb
Member since 2007 • 5527 Posts

asylum doesnt count as hollywood.

dunl12496

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 dunl12496
Member since 2009 • 5710 Posts

A few years ago I heard someone made a sequel to titanic where it continues sinking such that it goes through the earth then comes out on the other side, near china, where something interesting happened. That sounded more interesting than the film in the opEJ902

That could be great! But this is a disgrace. A JB movie is worse but come on people. And Leonardo is probably replaced with Snooki for a lesbian sensation right?

Gibsonsg527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Gibsonsg527

Wow, you're right, someone should really think of the survivors of the Titanic as well as the families of the victims, all who would be deeply offended by this.

Oh no wait, the Titanic incident happened nearly 100 years ago, everyone who was on that ship or knew someone on that ship is now dead :|

Also, I wouldn't really say that the studio who made this counts as being a part of Hollywood. They're a straight-to-video studio, one that is notorious for ripping off blockbuster movies to make cash-in movies intended to only sale because their names are so simliar to movies that are actually good that people buying them as gifts might get confused and buy the wrong movie instead. The only original movie that studio has ever produced was Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus.

gameguy6700

Yea but still this is really stupid.

kayoticdreamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 kayoticdreamz
Member since 2010 • 3347 Posts
[QUOTE="bigdcstile"][QUOTE="spazzx625"]Don't see what this has to do with Hollywood... It's a direct to video release...

This isn't Hollywood... this is the Asylum. The same company that brought us Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus and Mega Piranha and Transmorphers. (no, that last one is not a typo.)

i feel low. ive seen both transmorphers yes there are two. and parts of the other two you mentioned....winner. transmorphers is by far the worse of the bunch mentioned lol
Gibsonsg527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Gibsonsg527

asylum doesnt count as hollywood.

Neo-ganon

I didn't realize that but Im still going to make fun of Hollywood :P

LOXO7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 LOXO7
Member since 2008 • 5595 Posts

Wow. I joked about making the sequel a few years back. I made a thread on a movie forum on another CBS site, but I can't find it. :(

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#21 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
everyone knows Hollywood hit its peak in 1939, then it was all downhill. =p
weezyfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 weezyfb
Member since 2009 • 14703 Posts
ahahahaaha "history is repeating itself" i died at that part
CheapPerfume

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 CheapPerfume
Member since 2011 • 75 Posts
I would love to watch this movie drunk.
WGTC007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 WGTC007
Member since 2007 • 6522 Posts

Insulting to both the movie and the real story.

CheapPerfume

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 CheapPerfume
everyone knows Hollywood hit its peak in 1939, then it was all downhill. =pAllicrombie
More like 1915, with Birth of a Nation.
bigdcstile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 bigdcstile
[QUOTE="kayoticdreamz"][QUOTE="bigdcstile"][QUOTE="spazzx625"]Don't see what this has to do with Hollywood... It's a direct to video release...

i feel low. ive seen both transmorphers yes there are two. and parts of the other two you mentioned....winner. transmorphers is by far the worse of the bunch mentioned lol

At least those were partially entertaining because of how bad they were. I'm pissed at Mega Fault. Oh Eriq la Salle. How far you've fallen.
GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#27 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

I don't know about you guys, but I think this is funny as ****

kayoticdreamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 kayoticdreamz
Member since 2010 • 3347 Posts
[QUOTE="bigdcstile"][QUOTE="kayoticdreamz"][QUOTE="bigdcstile"] This isn't Hollywood... this is the Asylum. The same company that brought us Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus and Mega Piranha and Transmorphers. (no, that last one is not a typo.)

At least those were partially entertaining because of how bad they were. I'm pissed at Mega Fault. Oh Eriq la Salle. How far you've fallen.

true transmorphers and seeing the microphones on screen was epic and driving transmorpher car scene of the sequel lol
fl4tlined

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 fl4tlined
Member since 2007 • 4134 Posts

guys this is the asylum the same company that brought us...

bigdcstile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 bigdcstile

fl4tlined

To be fair... Sherlock Holmes, a time machine and an effin' T-Rex are pretty wicked.

fl4tlined

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 fl4tlined
Member since 2007 • 4134 Posts

[QUOTE="fl4tlined"]

bigdcstile

To be fair... Sherlock Holmes, a time machine and an effin' T-Rex are pretty wicked.

dont forget ironman cant forget ironman

Lord_Daemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#32 Lord_Daemon
Member since 2005 • 24535 Posts

GreySeal9

And this was pretty much the entire reason behind making the movie as many ideas behind projects that Asylum spits out...get a sense of humor for heaven's sake as it was a wonderful idea for a low budget film. How did an oft used subject for numerous disaster films suddenly become some sort of sacred cow in your eye? How is one silly film from a direct to video company suddenly a symbol for a Hollywood bereft of ideas? Have you seen Son of Kong (1933)? It's one of the worst and most unnecessary sequels ever, and yet that studio went on to make many fine classics.

If it makes you feel any better everybody but one person died in Titanic II...even those folks that got to the many emergency boats.

Gibsonsg527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Gibsonsg527

GreySeal9

I really can't find this funny because I am more serious about films since I want to be a director, Im in film school right now. I can see why some people like watching B grade movies but to me watching them is likecuttingmy eyes out.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#34 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

Gibsonsg527

I really can't find this funny because I am more serious about films since I want to be a director, Im in film school right now. I can see why some people like watching B grade movies but to me watching them is likecuttingmy eyes out.

Well, I'm not actually going to watch this. I just find the concept to be so stupid that it's hilarious.

PandaTrueno86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 PandaTrueno86
Member since 2009 • 1611 Posts

This is Asylum we're talking about...It's no surprise

CheapPerfume

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 CheapPerfume

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

Gibsonsg527

I've studied film for years, watched, re-watched and analyzed movies to their core. I love movies, probably more than any form of media or medium for artistic expression. How can you say that you enjoy movies when you can't even get a kick out of a terribly made film? How can you judge what is even good without comparing the bad, unless you're purely using a text book understanding of 'qualiy'?
Gibsonsg527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Gibsonsg527

PandaTrueno86

I had no Idea who they were. I don't watch terrible B grade movies.

drivebythru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 drivebythru
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Why would they do that?!!?!?!?
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#39 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58271 Posts

it aint no land titanic

File:Land Titanic.png

curono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#40 curono
Member since 2005 • 7722 Posts
[QUOTE="spazzx625"]Don't see what this has to do with Hollywood... It's a direct to video release...

got a point... still it isd sad how this project got green lighted.
ValHazzard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ValHazzard
Member since 2009 • 829 Posts

hahaha...I'm reaaaaly curios who are the people who sat down, read the scrip and said to themselves " you know, this is a good ideea, we should definately make this "... what a bunch of f****** a*******

Gibsonsg527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Gibsonsg527

[QUOTE="Gibsonsg527"]

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

CheapPerfume

I've studied film for years, watched, re-watched and analyzed movies to their core. I love movies, probably more than any form of media or medium for artistic expression. How can you say that you enjoy movies when you can't even get a kick out of a terribly made film? How can you judge what is even good without comparing the bad, unless you're purely using a text book understanding of 'qualiy'?

I just can't watch them. I have seensome terrible B grade movies and I just can't find any enjoyment from them. I find them soo terrible I can't even laugh at them. I love comedies and and I even love stupidly bad made comides like that kung fu movie that was soo stupid where they had the main character fight a cow (I can't rember the name of it). I just can't find any enjoyment in these kind of movies.

PandaTrueno86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 PandaTrueno86
Member since 2009 • 1611 Posts

[QUOTE="PandaTrueno86"]

Gibsonsg527

I had no Idea who they were. I don't watch terrible B grade movies.

Read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Asylum

CheapPerfume

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 CheapPerfume

[QUOTE="CheapPerfume"][QUOTE="Gibsonsg527"] I really can't find this funny because I am more serious about films since I want to be a director, Im in film school right now. I can see why some people like watching B grade movies but to me watching them is likecuttingmy eyes out.

Gibsonsg527

I just can't watch them. I have seensome terrible B grade movies and I just can't find any enjoyment from them. I find them soo terrible I can't even laugh at them. I love comedies and and I even love stupidly bad made comides like that kung fu movie that was soo stupid where they had the main character fight a cow (I can't rember the name of it). I just can't find any enjoyment in these kind of movies.

It's called Kung Pow, and based on how you describe your taste (or lack thereof) you will never understand the exploitation film genre. That's a huge loss for anyone who claims to enjoy movies.
Maniacc1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#45 Maniacc1
Member since 2006 • 5354 Posts
This isn't Hollywood.
Wilfred_Owen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#46 Wilfred_Owen
Member since 2005 • 20964 Posts

This is... a joke, right? A parody?

GabuEx
Zombies are suddenly something to joke about?
Gibsonsg527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Gibsonsg527

[QUOTE="Gibsonsg527"]

[QUOTE="CheapPerfume"] I've studied film for years, watched, re-watched and analyzed movies to their core. I love movies, probably more than any form of media or medium for artistic expression. How can you say that you enjoy movies when you can't even get a kick out of a terribly made film? How can you judge what is even good without comparing the bad, unless you're purely using a text book understanding of 'qualiy'?CheapPerfume

It's called Kung Pow, and based on how you describe your taste (or lack thereof) you will never understand the exploitation film genre. That's a huge loss for anyone who claims to enjoy movies.

Judging by this forum and the last one you were in I think you just a troll. But if your not then just accept the fact that I don't like terrible movies. I watch movies to be entertained not throw up.

Gibsonsg527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Gibsonsg527

This isn't Hollywood. Maniacc1
I already said that in the when I edited it,

rocket9434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 rocket9434
Member since 2006 • 2665 Posts

Watched this movie a few days ago. Needless to say, it was so bad it was actually funny.

CheapPerfume

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 CheapPerfume

[QUOTE="CheapPerfume"][QUOTE="Gibsonsg527"] I just can't watch them. I have seensome terrible B grade movies and I just can't find any enjoyment from them. I find them soo terrible I can't even laugh at them. I love comedies and and I even love stupidly bad made comides like that kung fu movie that was soo stupid where they had the main character fight a cow (I can't rember the name of it). I just can't find any enjoyment in these kind of movies.

Gibsonsg527

Judging by this forum and the last one you were in I think you just a troll. But if your not then just accept the fact that I don't like terrible movies. I watch movies to be entertained not throw up.

That's like saying you'll trow up every time you see a fat female, because you 'love women' (this is an example, not specifically you). I would understand this, but at the same time there is something entertaining about seeing 500 lbs. of flesh waddle from the counter of a Mc Donald's to their massive SUV, then laugh harder when the suspension sinks do to their weight.