Hillary picks Kaine as VP

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Stesilaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 Stesilaus
Member since 2007 • 4999 Posts

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Drunk_PI
Member since 2014 • 3358 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

reeks of desperation to reclaim what little white male vote they can muster

all that talk about how Trump was a plant to shoehorn in Clinton... well, I'm beginning to think it's the other way around, better get use to calling Trump our next president

Loading Video...

wtf japan. no.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#53 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

@mark1974 said:
@AFBrat77 said:

@mark1974:

I still don't think Hillary is a bad candidate. But heh, that's me, I think she will be a good president.

She could be worse. I think she isn't the best type of person but she will probably be a reasonable status quo president without anything horrible occurring that I feel I would need to worry too much about. I mean it's all relative and she would be more of the same and I'm ok with that. Compared to Trump I absolutely love her. Compared to a reasonable candidate I'm luke warm.

Compared to Trump, she's Abraham Lincoln. But I think the problem with Hillary, is that so many young people are cynical about government and she represents a lot of what they hate. I think she will serve to push more young people away from government and its possible good uses.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#54 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

Good speech by Kaine today.....looking forward to him as an active vice president.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#55 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

@Jakejack said:

@hillelslovak: It cracks me up how much of a generic "stock" liberal you are. Every post of yours is filled with the same old boring tactics and buzzwords.

"That person doesn't share my opinion! He is a rrracciiissssttt homophobe, xenophobic, misogynist, old WHITE MALE!" Are you a bot?

I align myself with something known as facts. Rather than labeling me, how about you look at Mike Pence' record, and tell me his not in fact, all of those things?

CommandoAgent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#56 CommandoAgent
Member since 2005 • 1703 Posts

@AFBrat77 said:

@mark1974:

I still don't think Hillary is a bad candidate. But heh, that's me, I think she will be a good president.

LOL seriously? a good president? shall we do the counting of four years of Obama?

-Military intervention in Libya:Resulted in a blow back, Libya failed state. Chaos ongoing.

-Arab Spring failed.

-Hillary wanted to push for Military intervention in Syria while pretending that shes now opposed to the Iraqi war and a vote that she was supportive of.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#57  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

I like the pick, hes a good speaker with an awesome track record. Hes also a very, very good debater.

"If you want to be right, be a pessimistic. If you want to do right, be an optimistic." - Tim Kaine

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#58 mark1974
Member since 2015 • 4261 Posts

@AFBrat77 said:

Good speech by Kaine today.....looking forward to him as an active vice president.

I was very impressed by his speech. I look forward to seeing him debate Pence.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#59  Edited By AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

@CommandoAgent:

Regardless of what you THINK she will do, I think she will do an excellent job, and will be decidedly better than Obama was. I think she will be the best president since her husband was in office.

I also think Kaine will have a much more active role in the administration than a typical vp, though Hillary will be firmly at the top.

She's got this, Trump is making himself look worse all the time.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#60  Edited By GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

I just watched Kaine's speech and it was excellent:

Loading Video...

He may be a centrist, but he balances Hillary in many important ways: where she is perceived as being cold and robotic, he is warm and has a very easy manner. Where she is always surrounded by scandal, some of them fake, some of them real, he's squeaky clean. In addition to this, his qualifications are unmatched. He is one of the only 20 people in history to be mayor, senator, and governor. And he's also never lost a race.

I actually that he'd be better at the top of the ticket, but he is undoubtedly a good pick. Mike Pence doesn't even have an ounce of his talent.

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#61 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

Good pick. Clean record, boring, no scandals. Also, fluent Spanish speaker. On top of this- he is a governor of a swing state.

Of course the Dems are going to have a week of bad press because of the Little Debbie thing- Couldn't just go into the convention smoothly I guess. What an idiot she was; Her political career is over.