Hillary Clinton "Sorry" For Using Private Email Server.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Poll Hillary Clinton "Sorry" For Using Private Email Server. (22 votes)

I would describe Hillary Clinton as trustworthy. 23%
I would not describe Hillary Clinton as trustworthy. 77%

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/252978-abc-news-clinton-sorry-for-private-email

Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton said in an interview Tuesday that she was "sorry" for using a private email account while secretary of State.

"It was above board. But in retrospective, certainly, as I look back at it now — even though it was allowed — I should have used two accounts, one for personal, one for work-related emails," Clinton told ABC News's "David Muir" for the interview aired Tuesday evening.

"That was a mistake. I'm sorry about that. I take responsibility. And I'm trying to be as transparent as I possibly can to not only release 55,000 pages of my emails, turn over my server, but I am looking forward, finally, to testifying before Congress," Clinton said.

"Did you make a mistake?" Muir asked again to clarify her use of the word.

"I did, I did. As I said, it was allowed, and there was no hiding it. It was totally above-board. Everybody in the government I communicated with — and that was a lot of people — knew I was using a personal email," she said. "But I'm sorry that it has raised all of these questions. I do take responsibility for ... what is clearly not the best decision."

ABC News earlier Tuesday released an 8-second video clip of Clinton saying she made a "mistake" and was "sorry," but it was unclear the question posed to her or the context of her remarks.

Hours later, during the taping for "The Ellen DeGeneres Show," Clinton seemingly reverted back to saying she was "sorry for all the confusion" surrounding her email, according to a pair of reporters who attended the taping. That was the response she had given NBC's Andrea Mitchell in an interview on Friday.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for what Hillary? On Andrea Mitchell's interview on Friday you said there was nothing to apologize for. Did the focus group numbers came over the weekend? Is it the continuous drop on your favorability? New Hampshire? Iowa?

Sorry that you got caught? Hillary Clinton has shown time and time again that she has poor judgement.

No wonder that when a Quinnipiac poll recently asked: What is the first word that comes to mind when you think of Hillary Clinton? Here were the first 10 words that came to mind:

1. liar 178
  2. dishonest 123
  3. untrustworthy 93
  4. experience 82
  5. strong 59
  6. Bill 56
  7. woman 47
  8. smart 31
  9. crook 21
  10. untruthful 19

Damn, no wonder Joe Biden keeps warming up in the bullpen.

Share your thoughts OT.

• 
Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36044 Posts

I would describe Hillary Clinton as politically capable of putting pressure on congress to get things done. That's something that I would not say of Obama. The problem is that I don't expect a person capable of making the congress work together as someone trustworthy.

It's sort of a weird dichotomy. On the one hand we as voters want a president who is trustworthy, but at the same time we want a president who has the qualities Frank Underwood possesses. We want a person who can put all kinds of crazy political pressure on people to make things happen or get done in a Congress who otherwise has no intention of working together. When it turns out that the person we elected is nefarious and untrustworthy we hate them, and when we find out that they are not these things we bemoan the fact that nothing seems to get done in Washington.

Stesilaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Stesilaus
Member since 2007 • 4999 Posts

She's not sorry for using the private server.

She's sorry for getting caught using the private server.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 alim298
Member since 2012 • 2747 Posts

I'm gonna lose all the respect I have for you guys if this she-devil gets elected president.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

@Serraph105 said:

I would describe Hillary Clinton as politically capable of putting pressure on congress to get things done. That's something that I would not say of Obama. The problem is that I don't expect a person capable of making the congress work together as someone trustworthy.

It's sort of a weird dichotomy. On the one hand we as voters want a president who is trustworthy, but at the same time we want a president who has the qualities Frank Underwood possesses. We want a person who can put all kinds of crazy political pressure on people to make things happen or get done in a Congress who otherwise has no intention of working together. When it turns out that the person we elected is nefarious and untrustworthy we hate them, and when we find out that they are not these things we bemoan the fact that nothing seems to get done in Washington.

Trust me, that's the last thing any country needs; that's how tyrants are born. Those who pride themselves for their ruthless pragmatism often stand for nothing, have a weak moral fabric and corrode the system and it's checks and balances. They're only motivation is personal legacy and self-fulfillment.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56237 Posts

@Stesilaus said:

She's not sorry for using the private server.

She's sorry for getting caught using the private server.

Sooooo damn true.

Grimdalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Grimdalus
Member since 2013 • 135 Posts

What's so wrong with using a private email account? I wouldn't want my personal emails hacked, in Australia, it is completely normal to have two email account. People are overreacting. It is not an issue. Separating work from personal life is a good philosophy from Security of State.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

I'm pretty sure the word "sorry" wouldn't have helped me during my sentencing before I headed to Leavenworth if I did what she did.

Hood_Honky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Hood_Honky
Member since 2015 • 979 Posts

@Grimdalus: because she had confidential Info on it. That is an issue.

Grimdalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Grimdalus
Member since 2013 • 135 Posts

@hood_honky said:

@Grimdalus: because she had confidential Info on it. That is an issue.

Still, total government transparency is not possible in any country.

Hood_Honky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Hood_Honky
Member since 2015 • 979 Posts

@Grimdalus: doesn't mean it should go unpunished when you have rules in place prohibiting you from sharing confidential information on a private email. These people are trusted with info that could put people in danger and she's just carelessly emailing on her hillclint09 gmail account.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38683 Posts

@alim298 said:

I'm gonna lose all the respect I have for you guys if this she-devil gets elected president.

you have respect for us?

someone hasn't been paying attention

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#12 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

I don't knock people who still believe in our political system, but it's a proven fact that whoever gets in office, will still have strings attached to the military-industrial complex and wallstreet.

That's why someone like Ron Paul will NEVER get elected because he talks about the REAL issues that both parties dance around.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 alim298

@comp_atkins said:
@alim298 said:

you have respect for us?

someone hasn't been paying attention

Umm. Yes. Don't know why it's supposed to be a revelation.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Serraph105

@alim298: You do know that the handful of OT users don't really have much of a say when it comes to the election. Best we can really do is sit around predicting the outcome.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By alim298

@Serraph105 said:

@alim298: You do know that the handful of OT users don't really have much of a say when it comes to the election. Best we can really do is sit around predicting the outcome.

Well yes but I meant Americans as a whole. That was a joke though because I see her chance of winning so slim.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#16  Edited By GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

@MarcRecon said:

I don't knock people who still believe in our political system, but it's a proven fact that whoever gets in office, will still have strings attached to the military-industrial complex and wallstreet.

That's why someone like Ron Paul will NEVER get elected because he talks about the REAL issues that both parties dance around.

No, he doesn't get elected because the American people don't agree with his extreme views.

In any case, I hope Biden gets in the race and wins the nomination. There's no reason why Dems should tie themselves to Hillary, who has some deep issues.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

@alim298 said:
@Serraph105 said:

That was a joke though because I see her chance of winning so slim.

I wish that were true. My biggest fear is that there will be a Trump/bush and Hillary ticket, the definition of the status quo.

Sanders is our only hope, he seemed to be doing well a month ago so I hope he doesn't lose steam. I think if Sanders doesn't get the nomination Hillary will by default be the democratic candidate.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MarcRecon

@GreySeal9 said:
@MarcRecon said:

I don't knock people who still believe in our political system, but it's a proven fact that whomever gets in office, will still have strings attached to the military-industrial complex and wallstreet.

No, he doesn't get elected because the American people don't agree with his extreme views.

You are correct, any politician who tries to get the American people to think for themselves is an extremist! lol....that seems to be a tall task nowadays!

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Serraph105

@MarcRecon: because that's what greyseal was saying.

slateman_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 slateman_basic
Member since 2002 • 4142 Posts

Cool. If I commit a felony, can I just say "sorry" and have it go away?

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#22 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

@MarcRecon said:
@GreySeal9 said:
@MarcRecon said:

I don't knock people who still believe in our political system, but it's a proven fact that whomever gets in office, will still have strings attached to the military-industrial complex and wallstreet.

You are correct, any politician who tries to get the American people to think for themselves is an extremist! lol....that seems to be a tall task nowadays!

Try being a little less obnoxious and actually respond to what I'm saying.

Also, Ron Paul isn't trying to get the American people to think for themselves. He's trying to get them to think his way. Don't be a naive fanboi.

LOXO7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By LOXO7
Member since 2008 • 5595 Posts

Leave Hillary alone. She's gay. She did these things to hide her true self and the identities of her lesbian lovers. All will be revealed after Bill gets killed-I, er, passes on, which is soon.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 MarcRecon

@GreySeal9 said:
@MarcRecon said:
@GreySeal9 said:
@MarcRecon said:

Try being a little less obnoxious and actually respond to what I'm saying.

Also, Ron Paul isn't trying to get the American people to think for themselves. He's trying to get them to think his way. Don't be a naive fanboi.

Well, I guess we can agree to disargree :)

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 alim298

@Chozofication said:
@alim298 said:
@Serraph105 said:

That was a joke though because I see her chance of winning so slim.

I wish that were true. My biggest fear is that there will be a Trump/bush and Hillary ticket, the definition of the status quo.

Sanders is our only hope, he seemed to be doing well a month ago so I hope he doesn't lose steam. I think if Sanders doesn't get the nomination Hillary will by default be the democratic candidate.

Sanders has a good chance but Biden's candidacy is also a possibility which would make things a little more complicated.