Here's a hint who won the box office weekend!

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56216 Posts
  1. Avengers: Endgame - $350,000,000 (new release)
  2. Captain Marvel - $8,051,000
  3. The Curse of La Llorona - $7,500,000
  4. Breakthrough - $6,304,000
  5. Shazam! - $5,520,000
  6. Little - $3,438,000
  7. Dumbo - $3,239,000
  8. Pet Sematary (2019) - $1,290,000
  9. Us - $1,141,000
  10. Penguins - $1,051,000

Pretty obvious it was bound to win the box office weekend with a massive $350 million! What a hell of an achievement and a freaking good movie it was for Endgame. As you can tell, it was the only new release this weekend and for a good reason, who was gonna challenge Endgame? Yeah can't blame any studios staying away from it's grand debut.

Captain Marvel has gain a boost it seems, didn't take into consideration Endgame would give Captain Marvel another push due to it's connection of Endgame. Nothing to say but this, I'll bet Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker won't make that much money as Endgame did but we shall see.

April 26-28 mojo's box office weekend

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127516 Posts

I am guessing Endgame is already making huge profits.

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

Wow, three superhero movies in the top ten at the same time. This is one of the reasons I almost never go to the movies anymore. Been months since I watched anything made after 2000 and sixteen months since I walked into a cinema.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16879 Posts
@horgen said:

$1.2 billion worldwide since opening.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DaVillain  Moderator
@hallenbeck77 said:
@horgen said:

$1.2 billion worldwide since opening.

My reaction:

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

Ugh, movies suck these days.

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7 deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

Wow, amazing /sarcasm

Baconstrip78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Baconstrip78
Member since 2013 • 1854 Posts

@ezekiel43: I wouldn’t brag about anything you just said. Makes you sound out of touch and old.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By deactivated-60113e7859d7d

@Sevenizz said:

Yup. I don't care for superhero movies in general. I've watched only a few in recent years. Guardians of the Galaxy, Wonder Woman, Justice League and Deadpool. Overrated, overrated, overrated, all of them. But the other stuff there doesn't look appealing either. Especially Dumbo. Stop CG'ing your animated classics, Disney.

@Baconstrip78 said:

@ezekiel43: I wouldn’t brag about anything you just said. Makes you sound out of touch and old.

Good. I'd rather keep exploring the old than be one of my peers who barely know anything about cinema and whose every other film conversation is about someone wearing a cape or mask. People who can't grasp themes if they're not spoon-fed and obvious and who need movies to be fast-paced. Of course they made plenty of bad, forgettable movies back in the old days too, but I have a much easier time finding quality. Older TV shows are better too. It kind of sucked that I didn't have anyone I could speak with about Berlin Alexanderplatz earlier this year or Heimat late last year. I'd be really lucky if they even watched something much more famous but slightly old and unavailable to stream on Netflix, like The Sopranos, all the way through (which I'm watching for the third time). But better to be the odd one out than continue consuming shit.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

Its on track to overtake Avatar at this rate.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
deactivated-5f4e2292197f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
Member since 2015 • 1374 Posts

Baconstrip78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Baconstrip78
Member since 2013 • 1854 Posts

@ezekiel43: Congrats. You now managed to sound old AND pretentious.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44295 Posts

Holy ****! That’s amazing. I haven’t seen Endgame yet myself but I’m incredibly hyped to watch it soon, I really love me some Marvel.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8437 Posts
@ezekiel43 said:
@Sevenizz said:

Yup. I don't care for superhero movies in general. I've watched only a few in recent years. Guardians of the Galaxy, Wonder Woman, Justice League and Deadpool. Overrated, overrated, overrated, all of them. But the other stuff there doesn't look appealing either. Especially Dumbo. Stop CG'ing your animated classics, Disney.

@Baconstrip78 said:

Good. I'd rather keep exploring the old than be one of my peers who barely know anything about cinema and whose every other film conversation is about someone wearing a cape or mask. People who can't grasp themes if they're not spoon-fed and obvious and who need movies to be fast-paced. Of course they made plenty of bad, forgettable movies back in the old days too, but I have a much easier time finding quality. Older TV shows are better too. It kind of sucked that I didn't have anyone I could speak with about Berlin Alexanderplatz earlier this year or Heimat late last year. I'd be really lucky if they even watched something much more famous but slightly old and unavailable to stream on Netflix, like The Sopranos, all the way through (which I'm watching for the third time). But better to be the odd one out than continue consuming shit.

I feel sorry for film snobs like you. A major problem with film snobs is they're very out of touch with cinema these days and they pride themselves as if being exclusive to the old is a major achievement in life. News flash: it's not.

I happen to be a major film aficionado too. I love both the old and new of what cinema has to offer. Among my favorites come from the likes of Sergio Leone and Ingrid Berman. Or maybe a little bit of that Francis Ford Coppola and Frederico Fellini. I love it all. I can get down with some Alfred Hitchcock but I actually love Billy Wilder. Stanley Kubrick has always been among my favorites but so is Fritz Lang because Metropolis is one of the greatest science fiction films ever made. I can keep going but you get the drift.

Guess what? The Marvel Cinematic Universe is one of the greatest achievements in modern cinema and your pretensions are copping yourself out from enjoying a slice of cinematic history of today. It's a shame if you truly consider yourself a film aficionado that you cut yourself out of it at a certain point. It's a shame you feel that way; but the way I always look at art - is great art comes from the past, present and future. You don't understand that because you're more interested in your own elitist status.

You're entitled to not care for the superhero genre, but don't condescend the shit out of the people that are into the genre as if they don't have a clue about cinema. It's a no-brainer you're only here to condescend when there's a clear achievement made in cinema.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-60113e7859d7d
@jaydan said:

Guess what? The Marvel Cinematic Universe is one of the greatest achievements in modern cinema and your pretensions are copping yourself out from enjoying a slice of cinematic history of today.

I bet it isn't. I've given these movies enough chances. It's not pretension or any bullshit you throw at me. They're just not that interesting.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jaydan
@ezekiel43 said:
@jaydan said:

Guess what? The Marvel Cinematic Universe is one of the greatest achievements in modern cinema and your pretensions are copping yourself out from enjoying a slice of cinematic history of today.

I bet it isn't. I've given these movies enough chances. It's not pretension or any bullshit you throw at me. They're just not that interesting.

Actually, you are a single person and you are not what makes these calls no matter how hard you try. The MCU has already paved its way into the cinematic history books, whether you like it or not. You are not the one that gets to make those calls. You are entitled to not care about these movies or see what the fuss is all about, but as another poster already said - the only thing you've proven is how pretentious you are.

Taking a dump on a major achievement that happened over the weekend and a movie that so many people are talking about, and downright insulting those that enjoy these movies is what makes you an elitist prick when it comes down to it. If you don't care about the movies, that's fine, but your motive is clear. You're better off just letting people enjoy their movies without having to insult them. You're better off just watching the Sopranos for the fourth time.

I used to be a lot more like you. I used to pride myself in how well-versed I've been in older cinema, and foreign language films, and niche art house / indie films - while talking down on blockbusters and popular films like I'm too good for them. I used to be like that too. But somewhere I lightened up and learned I can enjoy all these things. Just because they're big blockbusters does not make them poorly made or poorly conceived, just as much an older film does not automatically it good.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

@jaydan said:

I feel sorry for film snobs like you. A major problem with film snobs is they're very out of touch with cinema these days and they pride themselves as if being exclusive to the old is a major achievement in life. News flash: it's not.

I happen to be a major film aficionado too. I love both the old and new of what cinema has to offer. Among my favorites come from the likes of Sergio Leone and Ingrid Berman. Or maybe a little bit of that Francis Ford Coppola and Frederico Fellini. I love it all. I can get down with some Alfred Hitchcock but I actually love Billy Wilder. Stanley Kubrick has always been among my favorites but so is Fritz Lang because Metropolis is one of the greatest science fiction films ever made. I can keep going but you get the drift.

Allow me to mediate a bit. The Marvel films (since IM 1) are good for what they are which are two hours of crazy effects and fantasy. You won't leave one of these films and have the same thought process as if you just finished The Deer Hunter which is a deep, poignant, thought provoking, at times depressing film with intense performances and great writing. People need to view certain movies in a nothing more, nothing less manner.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 jaydan
@Solaryellow said:
@jaydan said:

Allow me to mediate a bit. The Marvel films (since IM 1) are good for what they are which are two hours of crazy effects and fantasy. You won't leave one of these films and have the same thought process as if you just finished The Deer Hunter which is a deep, poignant, thought provoking, at times depressing film with intense performances and great writing. People need to view certain movies in a nothing more, nothing less manner.

The major thing is movies take up all sorts of shapes and sizes. Iron Man and The Deer Hunter are nothing alike and they never were meant to be the same either. That's what's great about cinema, because there are varied offerings across the board for all different demographics.

The Deer Hunter might be a classic older film, but in no way is it comparable to other classic older films. You can't put The Deer Hunter next to 2001: A Space Odyssey, Some Like it Hot, The Conversation and Dog Day Afternoon and be like "Well, these all evoke the same emotions and feelings." No, they do not. That's what this poster is completely missing. He is taking the status of older cinema elitism just for the sake of the status in attempt to smear over and insult the clear achievements that the MCU has accomplished.

MCU films are a lot more than crazy effects and fantasy. They evoke lots of emotions too to the people that are invested in these movies. People are invested in the characters and the relationships that they have developed over the course of the movies. The reason why Avengers Endgame turned out so strong that it's legit making people cry and cheer with emotion, is because many of these people were invested and sold onto the characters after all these years so much that people are treating them like they're their real life pals. That's a power that the MCU contains that a film snob completely misses the point of. There's way more to the movies than simply people wearing capes and masks.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-60113e7859d7d

@jaydan said:
@ezekiel43 said:
@jaydan said:

Actually, you are a single person and you are not what makes these calls no matter how hard you try. The MCU has already paved its way into the cinematic history books, whether you like it or not. You are not the one that gets to make those calls. You are entitled to not care about these movies or see what the fuss is all about, but as another poster already said - the only thing you've proven is how pretentious you are.

Taking a dump on a major achievement that happened over the weekend and a movie that so many people are talking about, and downright insulting those that enjoy these movies is what makes you an elitist prick when it comes down to it. If you don't care about the movies, that's fine, but your motive is clear. You're better off just letting people enjoy their movies without having to insult them. You're better off just watching the Sopranos for the fourth time.

I used to be a lot more like you. I used to pride myself in how well-versed I've been in older cinema, and foreign language films, and niche art house / indie films - while talking down on blockbusters and popular films like I'm too good for them. I used to be like that too. But somewhere I lightened up and learned I can enjoy all these things. Just because they're big blockbusters does not make them poorly made or poorly conceived, just as much an older film does not automatically it good.

I belittled no one until Baconstrip78 ran his mouth. No, what you are suggesting is pretentious. Forcing myself to like something. Doesn't matter how well liked these movies are. It's still your opinion. My opinion is that there is an inherent lameness to superheroes that few of these movies have been able to overcome. It sucks that they now dominate Hollywood, probably even more than the western used to. Just remembered, I also watched Logan, which, while kind of entertaining, was still like a 7/10 for me.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By jaydan
@ezekiel43 said:
@jaydan said:
@ezekiel43 said:
@jaydan said:

I belittled no one until Baconstrip78 ran his mouth. No, what you are suggesting is pretentious. Forcing myself to like something. Doesn't matter how well liked these movies are. It's still your opinion. My opinion is that there is an inherent lameness to superheroes that few of these movies have been able to overcome. It sucks that they now dominate Hollywood, probably even more than the western used to. Just remembered, I also watched Logan, which, while kind of entertaining, was still like a 7/10 for me.

Actually, no. Twice now I said you are entitled to not care for these movies. You don't need to breeze over my statements to make false assertions like that. You can't dance around being pretentious when you've already illustrated it. Saying "no u" does not spare what you've already spelled out in this thread. You got to understand why these movies have affected an entire generation of Hollywood and moviegoers without having to insult them. The superhero genre is our generation of noir film or western. Every so few generations we get these new waves of entertainment and they'll eventually die out and then something new will come along. If you're a film aficionado maybe you can look at how genres are created through the generations as different time periods define them.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-60113e7859d7d

@jaydan said:
@ezekiel43 said:
@jaydan said:
@ezekiel43 said:
@jaydan said:

Actually, no. Twice now I said you are entitled to not care for these movies. You don't need to breeze over my statements to make false assertions like that. You can't dance around being pretentious when you've already illustrated it. Saying "no u" does not spare what you've already spelled out in this thread. You got to understand why these movies have affected an entire generation of Hollywood and moviegoers without having to insult them. The superhero genre is our generation of noir film or western. Every so few generations we get these new waves of entertainment and they'll eventually die out and then something new will come along. If you're a film aficionado maybe you can look at how genres are created through the generations as different time periods define them.

Yes, you did suggest that.

"I used to be like that too. But somewhere I lightened up and learned I can enjoy all these things."

You also continue to call me pretentious, as if I'm only pretending these things to myself and could learn to love this tripe. There is a difference between the old and new. Yesterday, I rewatched The Bridge on the River Kwai, one of my favorite movies ever. Something like that would NEVER be made now. It would be ruined in committee meetings.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DaVillain  Moderator

@ezekiel43 said:
@jaydan said:

It's only interesting "if" you are into Comic Books and grew up with those of Marvel or DC stuff. This is a Comic Book movie, it's for fans alike and fanservice which is why Marvel Cinematic Universe is doing so well, it's based on Comic book series. If you aren't into Comic books such as Marvel, you won't like these movies at all.

I wasn't judging you, if you don't like'em, that's totally cool.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By jaydan
@ezekiel43 said:
@jaydan said:
@ezekiel43 said:
@jaydan said:

"I used to be like that too. But somewhere I lightened up and learned I can enjoy all these things."

You also continue to call me pretentious, as if I'm only pretending these things to myself and could learn to love this tripe. There is a difference between the old and new. Yesterday, I rewatched The Bridge on the River Kwai, one of my favorite movies ever. Something like that would NEVER be made now. It would be ruined in committee meetings.

I am speaking of my personal experience being a film snob. I can own up to being called pretentious if that's what you want to call me. It's a shame you can't do the same. I DID say several times now you are entitled to not care for the superhero genre but insulting the crowds is not necessary. It shows your overall disconnect and lack of understanding why people like them. A statement like "I'd rather keep exploring the old than be one of my peers who barely know anything about cinema and whose every other film conversation is about someone wearing a cape or mask" only invites someone like me to tell you otherwise. A statement like that only illustrates your disconnected perception of superiority with the genre. That is pretentious.

By the way, I love that movie too, The Bridge on the River Kwai. I agree it is one of the greatest films ever created. Could a movie like that ever be created again? It's its own film and engraved in film history. We should not have to find a copycat of that film and that should not be expected or desired. But honestly, suspecting great modern films don't get created today tells me maybe you don't explore enough in modern cinema. I'm beyond comic book movies but modern cinema in general. If you have not found great cinematic pieces in modern times, perhaps you're not exploring enough.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By deactivated-60113e7859d7d

@davillain- said:
@ezekiel43 said:
@jaydan said:

It's only interesting "if" you are into Comic Books and grew up with those of Marvel or DC stuff. This is a Comic Book movie, it's for fans alike and fanservice which is why Marvel Cinematic Universe is doing so well, it's based on Comic book series. If you aren't into Comic books such as Marvel, you won't like these movies at all.

I like Batman. I would probably watch another Batman movie if they decided to make one. But it would have to be about Batman. No shared universe and no spinoff. I'm not planning to watch Joker. A Batgirl movie might be okay too.

To continue what I said about Logan, it was a nice story effort with some interesting action scenes, but the idea of X-Men is really dumb.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 jaydan
@ezekiel43 said:
@davillain- said:
@ezekiel43 said:
@jaydan said:

I like Batman. I would probably watch another Batman movie if they decided to make one. But it would have to be about Batman. No shared universe and no spinoff. I'm not planning to watch Joker. A Batgirl movie might be okay too.

I agree if we went back to the Christopher Nolan style of Batman that would be great. The DC extended universe put a nasty taste in everyone's mouths. What DC did is the polar opposite in what Marvel succeeded with. I'm on the fence with Joker. At one length I am weary over the reputation DC built over recent years, but at the other length Joaquin Phoenix is a great method actor and I trust he does not just sign onto any movie without the intention of giving his best performance.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By deactivated-60113e7859d7d

@jaydan said:
@ezekiel43 said:
@jaydan said:
@ezekiel43 said:
@jaydan said:

I am speaking of my personal experience being a film snob. I can own up to being called pretentious if that's what you want to call me. It's a shame you can't do the same. I DID say several times now you are entitled to not care for the superhero genre but insulting the crowds is not necessary. It shows your overall disconnect and lack of understanding why people like them. A statement like "I'd rather keep exploring the old than be one of my peers who barely know anything about cinema and whose every other film conversation is about someone wearing a cape or mask" only invites someone like me to tell you otherwise. A statement like that only illustrates your disconnected perception of superiority with the genre. That is pretentious.

By the way, I love that movie too, The Bridge on the River Kwai. I agree it is one of the greatest films ever created. Could a movie like that ever be created again? It's its own film and engraved in film history. We should not have to find a copycat of that film and that should not be expected or desired. But honestly, suspecting great modern films don't get created today tells me maybe you don't explore enough in modern cinema. I'm beyond comic book movies but modern cinema in general. If you have not found great cinematic pieces in modern times, perhaps you're not exploring enough.

"I'd rather keep exploring the old than be one of my peers who barely know anything about cinema and whose every other film conversation is about someone wearing a cape or mask"

I normally wouldn't speak like that. It was in direct response to Baconstrip78's disrespect. And it's true. Most of my peers barely know any older cinema and are more interested in superheroes. There's nothing pretentious in saying that. It's why I rarely talk about movies.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By jaydan

@ezekiel43: I get you but film aficionado's is a rarer breed. The majority of moviegoers are not as into or aware of the craft of cinema as a lower percentage are.

Movies at the end of the day are meant to be escapism and in most ways an art form. I think much of that still resonates with movies of today.

I look at the horror genre today and I see a new-age renaissance going on right now with the horror that kinda got kicked off with The Babadook (or maybe The Orphanage). I think that is a great thing and horror is in a good state again, because even casual moviegoers are looking into to these as great forms of escapism. I more recently saw Jordan Peele's Us in theaters, and I was absolutely blown away by that film. I was completely drawn into its storytelling and ambiguous themes. That's what movies are about, finding that escape and being drawn into its palette.

There's no need to belittle the people that are into comic book movies, because these movies are the very definition of escapism - the same escapism that made Hollywood at its peak during the Great Depression era. Casual moviegoers can and do appreciate older films too, even if it's just the likes of say Wizard of Oz or Singin' in the Rain - maybe they do not go to the lengths of knowing directors off their fingertips, but still I see efforts made. We need casual moviegoers to help us keep this form alive.

You may not see the glory in the superhero genre, but it is the noir of our time, it is the western of our time; and in a film nerd sense, that's quite a fascinating thing to look at.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

@jaydan said:
@Solaryellow said:

The major thing is movies take up all sorts of shapes and sizes. Iron Man and The Deer Hunter are nothing alike and they never were meant to be the same either. That's what's great about cinema, because there are varied offerings across the board for all different demographics.

The Deer Hunter might be a classic older film, but in no way is it comparable to other classic older films. You can't put The Deer Hunter next to 2001: A Space Odyssey, Some Like it Hot, The Conversation and Dog Day Afternoon and be like "Well, these all evoke the same emotions and feelings." No, they do not. That's what this poster is completely missing. He is taking the status of older cinema elitism just for the sake of the status in attempt to smear over and insult the clear achievements that the MCU has accomplished.

MCU films are a lot more than crazy effects and fantasy. They evoke lots of emotions too to the people that are invested in these movies. People are invested in the characters and the relationships that they have developed over the course of the movies. The reason why Avengers Endgame turned out so strong that it's legit making people cry and cheer with emotion, is because many of these people were invested and sold onto the characters after all these years so much that people are treating them like they're their real life pals. That's a power that the MCU contains that a film snob completely misses the point of. There's way more to the movies than simply people wearing capes and masks.

The thing is these emotions generated by the MCU films won't last because there will always be another day, another threat and another world to save. More movies will come. More torches will be passed. Certain characters will live again. The good guys will always find a way to save the day and win even when they are at their lowest like we saw in the 2018 Avenger film. The story never ends. Much of all that is why I mentioned The Deer Hunter. The emotions you felt the first time you saw it will still hold up today. The effect will not be tarnished by time. Of course we are talking two different types of genres which is why people need to separate the two and not expect the same from both or all 22 or so from the MCU. Until this weekend, only one other time did I ever see the audience stand up, scream and cheer during a movie and that was when Yoda showed up to save Anakin and Obi Wan. Remember back in '82 when Spock died? I wasn't in the theater but people cried because his character grew over the years and ended saving his crewmates. A few years ago when the movie was re-released for its 35th anniversary? Nope. The story continued and he was included in it for decades to come. People need to separate film and not think of it as one in the same.

With the exception of SLIH, I am can find similarities not being "the same emotions" of course. Honestly, I doubt many know about The Conversation or even DDA but if one has viewed the pictures, Pacino and Hackman played well renowned roles but as good as they were, they weren't their best. Speaking of controversial opinions, I think Dullea gave a better performance in Black Christmas than 2001.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By jaydan
@Solaryellow said:
@jaydan said:
@Solaryellow said:

The thing is these emotions generated by the MCU films won't last because there will always be another day, another threat and another world to save. More movies will come. More torches will be passed. Certain characters will live again. The good guys will always find a way to save the day and win even when they are at their lowest like we saw in the 2018 Avenger film. The story never ends. Much of all that is why I mentioned The Deer Hunter. The emotions you felt the first time you saw it will still hold up today. The effect will not be tarnished by time. Of course we are talking two different types of genres which is why people need to separate the two and not expect the same from both or all 22 or so from the MCU. Until this weekend, only one other time did I ever see the audience stand up, scream and cheer during a movie and that was when Yoda showed up to save Anakin and Obi Wan. Remember back in '82 when Spock died? I wasn't in the theater but people cried because his character grew over the years and ended saving his crewmates. A few years ago when the movie was re-released for its 35th anniversary? Nope. The story continued and he was included in it for decades to come. People need to separate film and not think of it as one in the same.

With the exception of SLIH, I am can find similarities not being "the same emotions" of course. Honestly, I doubt many know about The Conversation or even DDA but if one has viewed the pictures, Pacino and Hackman played well renowned roles but as good as they were, they weren't their best. Speaking of controversial opinions, I think Dullea gave a better performance in Black Christmas than 2001.

Yea but that's kinda the spirit of the comic books, though. Comics have a long history of characters living and dying, and coming back or having their mantles passed onto later generations. Endgame established a mechanic that can bring heroes back, but not as the same people as before (example: Gamora is back but not the same, and Loki too). I think the rules are now set but I don't think that means every character should or even will come back just because they could. Example: the fate of Tony Stark. He died in this movie and I think it would be best if he stayed dead. It would be more impactful to have his presence in future MCU movies but not as a living man but as a legacy. Maybe have his statue engraved as a landmark, have his name in text books and have future generation reminisce how much a hero he was. I think the MCU will go that route for certain characters. But regardless, I think these movies capture the spirit of the comics, and that is more important for the MCU than it being like The Deer Hunter. The Deer Hunter is its own thing and so is Marvel. Both of them have their own merits for different reasons.

I also don't think this will be a never-ending franchise. There's going to come a point where their times pass by. Maybe we'll have another solid ten years and that would be it, who knows. I think Stephen Spielberg was right that one day the superhero genre will "go the way of the western", and that's really not a bad thing at all.