Here it is OT, our final Star Wars Episode 9 trailer has arrive and say goodbye to a good new trilogy!

• 56 results
comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#51 comp_atkins  Online
Member since 2005 • 35992 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:
@Solaryellow said:
@MirkoS77 said:

Yeah, I don't even know what the deal with Rei is. Who is she? What is her main goal?

At the end of Empire you could very easily predict what the next film would deal with, here, I have absolutely no clue where things are headed with ANY of the characters. Looks like the Emperor is back. Uh.....OK? What the hell is going on? It's like they're simply pulling shit in arbitrarily from the cannon to suit whatever spontaneous narrative tendency comes to them at any point in time.

I've honestly never seen a film trilogy that lacks so much cohesiveness as I have here, it is blatantly awful writing. This trilogy is almost like independent films with the same characters who have relations, but not due to revolving around any main narrative pillar, but just due to occupying the same space and time in respective universe, and due to that, I have no interest in seeing this. I could not possibly care less about any of these characters.

Besides being a garbage picker? Who knows what her deal is. How about the Asian girl? I have no idea.

The original trilogy was cohesive and tight to the point where we started learning, quickly BTW, about the various players rather than knowing next to nothing about them going into the final episode. The main character had his backstory revealed in small but suitable amounts in a proper time. Luke's destiny (at least in IV-VI) was becoming obvious with each passing minute. The four characters in the new trilogy? Who knows. Nothing offered thus far has been compelling to the point where I want to know. Ren? A pissed of Sith who not only loses to a training free character but we see his identity way too early. Perhaps it is just me but I would think Disney would have agreed on a concrete plan before production, rather than winging it, and know exactly what needed to be accomplished from the first through last episode of the trilogy. The hastily way in which old, ESTABLISHED characters have been inserted into these films is evident of not only poor writing but zero knowledge nor thought for the original and prequel trilogy as it seems these legacies have been crapped upon rather than being utilized properly. Someone out there will say "you haven't seen the latest episode yet" and while true, I don't have any reason to believe this one will correct all of the wrongs of the previous two. The trailers look like arse and all I see is desperation.

Not one character is interesting whether the pilot, the former stormtrooper, the emo sith, etc.., No one. The story (which seems to be a mess) is equally uninteresting. The grass is not always greener on the the other side and while Lucas had issues, his abilities surpass what the all mighty Disney has offered.

In fairness, Lucas initially intended for IV to be the only film (I don't believe he expected it to succeed, at least not the the extent it did) and didn't know the entire story layout when he finished the film, but the difference being, he was able to make it cohesive when he did decide to continue it. Disney has no clue, they are giving narrative free reign to each director to do with as they please. It's crazy.

Rei seems directionless, Ren is a tantrum throwing child who lacks any sense of intimidation or malevolence, legacy characters have been shit all over, not even given a proper reunion, were kicked back to where they started (at least Han) or were incompetent or defeatist....ugh. Don't get me started. I'm amazed pre-order tickets are selling like hotcakes. I suppose people don't care for good films. Yeah, it's especially telling that Disney's leaning incredibly hard on nostalgia in their past trailer, they are desperate.

Seen this?

Loading Video...

these fakes are getting better and better.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 12112 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Just watch for Palpitine, rest is who cares.

+1. Sheev is back fam.

THE JEDI ARE TAKEN OVAH

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#53  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 14626 Posts

@uninspiredcup: tell you man, I think deep fakes are my new high entertainment. Well done ones are solid gold, I’m only afraid of the inevitable litigation that is probably going to come as they continue to improve. This tech is actually pretty dangerous, but hell if it isn’t hilarious.

sonicare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#54 sonicare
Member since 2004 • 57006 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@sonicare said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

First movie was okay. Second movie sucked. Hated what they did with the Luke character. Meh. Disney is running it into the ground.

I didn't even like the first movie. Can't put my finger on what it was. Everyone else seemed to think it was one of the greatest movies every made, but I came out disappointed. Second movie was a disaster. Just flat.

I think the prequel movie was better than either of the movies in the trilogy so far. And I despised the second one. So much so I didn't see the Solo movie.

You mean Rogue one? I enjoyed that one.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#55  Edited By judaspete
Member since 2005 • 3247 Posts

@ezekiel43: I enjoyed Rogue One, but that movie does have a lot of problems. Like you said, the first two acts are a mess of underdeveloped characters with illdefined motivations coming together through plot convenience. But then act 3 is $100 million of fan service that saves the movie for me. I like it, but have the self awareness to realize the movie is kinda dumb.

It is because of this that I honestly believe one change to TLJ would have prevented most of the controversy. If Luke had actually been on the salt planet, force gripped an AT-AT to it's knees, then let Kylo Ren win the duel like Obi Wan in the OT. That megadose of fan service would have wiped away much of the animosity the neckbeards were feeling. The movie would have been dumber for it, but less hated.

my_user_name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#56 my_user_name
Member since 2019 • 46 Posts

I wish they had jumped a thousand (or several) years into the future or past. Leave all the old stuff alone