• 61 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 0

#1 UT_Wrestler
Member since 2004 • 16426 Posts

Wow, long time no see lol

UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 UT_Wrestler

So can you still get banned for pretty much anything? I people missed me.

UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 UT_Wrestler

Oh yeah, if I remember right, these forums became dead when people started getting banned left and right for made-up reasons. No wonder nobody posts here anymore.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

Please stand up.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

I don't know who you are.

KEND0_KAP0NI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By KEND0_KAP0NI
Member since 2016 • 1231 Posts

this place has been dead for about 4 years.

GS was banning too many people and having more censorship rules.

We have tried to get this place going a few times but we cant post anything like we used to. Hell I tried doing a YLYL thread (remember those we would have all the time with hundred of comments), that thread only got like 25 comments in 4 days before it disappeared, with half of the people posting non engaging comments. Everything is censored and deleted by the mods. They dont really moderate you anymore, like you get a reason why your post is delete or a worning, they just delete it and you wont even know about it unless you check back in the thread you posted in. You cant have discussion like we used to, we cant have fun, we cant shit post, etc. so this place died out fast. All the good fun people are gone, most of the new people dont last or arent very active at all. It was around the time of GamerGate that mods just straight up starting deleting comments with out any notifications. You cant talk bad about feminism, SJW, etc.GS knows they have nothing to worry about because Gametrailers went out of business and IGN never had a solid forum community.

GS them selves destroyed the community and forums, also the new site layout and changes made things stale and un-interactive.

SW is pretty dead too, and that place was 10x more active than OT. OT was highly active, with threads not lasting a full day before they got buried with new content on the first page. Now you got lame threads from weeks ago still sitting on the first page. Threads would have hundreds of comments. Lots of discussions and games people would have in OT. None of that is here today.

GS, like most websites, are fine with forums sections and comment sections having low traffic. Most websites have come to hate forums and comment sections, they see it as a bad thing that they have to police. Soon comment sections and forums will not exist.

UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 UT_Wrestler

@kend0_kap0ni:

Ok yeah I got permabanned about 5.5 years ago, but now I see that I'm able to post again. Now I see why nobody posts here

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mark1974
Member since 2015 • 4261 Posts

This is funny to me:

@kend0_kap0ni said:

You cant have discussion like we used to, we cant have fun, we cant shit post, etc.

You cant talk bad about feminism, SJW, etc.

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9  Edited By tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts

Huh, that username actually rings a bell. Didn't realize you were banned though...

@UT_Wrestler said:

@kend0_kap0ni:

Ok yeah I got permabanned about 5.5 years ago, but now I see that I'm able to post again. Now I see why nobody posts here

Well, one of the main reason many of the regulars no longer post is because Gamespot did a massive site overhaul a couple years ago and it took them far too long to iron out all the glitches and kinks (Almost 3 months I think? Maybe longer...). Not only that, but many features were also axed like unions, or features became inconvenient to navigate like user profiles or the forums themselves. So many users got fad up with it and simply left.

GS also didn't help itself when admins/moderators randomly started banning users out of no where because they felt those users were "bringing the community down" (RIP @airshocker). So Gamespot did a good job destroying itself....

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

Nooooooooooooooookoooo

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts

@tocool340: wow I was wondering what happened to airshocker.

Since you been gone @UT_Wrestler we can't make threads about hot women anymore. It's demeaning or something.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

*Hello I am back!*

UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 UT_Wrestler

@playmynutz: Yeah I remember they started banning people for making "would you hit it" threads. So basically anything fun is no longer allowed. Just boring threads discussing mainstream news and political rhetoric.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts
@tocool340 said:

Huh, that username actually rings a bell. Didn't realize you were banned though...

@UT_Wrestler said:

@kend0_kap0ni:

Well, one of the main reason many of the regulars no longer post is because Gamespot did a massive site overhaul a couple years ago and it took them far too long to iron out all the glitches and kinks (Almost 3 months I think? Maybe longer...). Not only that, but many features were also axed like unions, or features became inconvenient to navigate like user profiles or the forums themselves. So many users got fad up with it and simply left.

GS also didn't help itself when admins/moderators randomly started banning users out of no where because they felt those users were "bringing the community down" (RIP @airshocker). So Gamespot did a good job destroying itself....

Stepping out of line too many times will get you banned. I know that is a difficult concept to understand. :P

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

So? Not really worth a thread.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

welcome back :)

UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By UT_Wrestler
@horgen said:
@tocool340 said:

@UT_Wrestler said:

@kend0_kap0ni:

Stepping out of line too many times will get you banned. I know that is a difficult concept to understand. :P

Problem is the moderators here kept abusing their power and if anyone posted something they personally didn't like, it was "stepping out of line" even if it didn't actually violate any community rules. SO DAMN MANY of my moderations gave the reason of "other" or "moderator's discretion" because they couldn't actually link it to any posted terms of service. So yeah, you guys ruined gamespot forums, and you managed to send a lot of the paid staff into unemployment off because of the slow-down in site traffic and dwindling sponsor revenue. 5 years ago a post in OT would be off the front page within 10 minutes because of so much traffic. Power abuse is a hell of a problem. I'm betting I'll get moderated and suspended for this reply, won't I?

UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 UT_Wrestler

@LJS9502_basic said:

Yeah and also if you came into a thread just to badmouth the fact that the thread was made, that would get you banned too

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts

The days when OT had after hours were awesome.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SOedipus

@LJS9502_basic said:

Jealous?

@playmynutz said:

The days when OT had after hours were awesome.

Damn right!

UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 UT_Wrestler

So nobody even recognizes me now. Gamespot's moderators REALLY screwed this site.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@UT_Wrestler said:

So nobody even recognizes me now. Gamespot's moderators REALLY screwed this site.

I wouldn't say that...

People just don't wanna post cos of things... you can figure out why.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 LJS9502_basic

@SOedipus said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Jealous?

Well that was stupid.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SOedipus

@LJS9502_basic said:
@SOedipus said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Jealous?

Well that was stupid.

Awww

Z00M4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Z00M4
Member since 2016 • 114 Posts

I remember ambitious_knight and aussiegirlsomething. Those guys were awesome. TC name is familiar too.

megagene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26 megagene
Member since 2005 • 23160 Posts

Hey... I vaguely remember your username!

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38677 Posts

hey.. i vaguely remember you

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#28 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts

@horgen said:
@tocool340 said:

@UT_Wrestler said:

@kend0_kap0ni:

No, its a simple concept to understand, yet difficult to understand how someone steps out of line under these new rules. Yeah, some users deserve what they get, airshocker just didn't seem like one of those users IMO. I've seen equal to far worse content coming from certain other users than what I saw from airshocker....

UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 UT_Wrestler

@z00m4 said:

I remember ambitious_knight and aussiegirlsomething. Those guys were awesome. TC name is familiar too.

@megagene said:

Hey... I vaguely remember your username!

@comp_atkins said:

hey.. i vaguely remember you

Yeah I was one of those "bringing the community down" guys, someone who didn't actually break any rules but moderators thought it was cool to ban me because they didn't like what I had to say. And to the virgin up above talking about "stepping out of line", you must really get your rocks off from banning people for no reason. Now see if I give a shit if your kind suspend me again from these forums you ruined.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

Be nice

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 LJS9502_basic

@UT_Wrestler: I guess it's no secret why you got banned then. Thanks for the evidence.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DaVillain  Moderator  Online

@LJS9502_basic said:

@UT_Wrestler: I guess it's no secret why you got banned then. Thanks for the evidence.

Anyone who tells on themselves they we're banned should just keep to themselves. How stupid can someone be to tell us you we're banned and now, that's banned dodging. GS doesn't play that shit.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SOedipus

@davillain- said:

Anyone who tells on themselves they we're banned should just keep to themselves. How stupid can someone be to tell us you we're banned and now, that's banned dodging. GS doesn't play that shit.

He isn't ban dodging. If his current account was banned and made a new one, then it would be ban dodging.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#34 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

That's a name I haven't seen in a while.

UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 UT_Wrestler

@SOedipus said:
@davillain- said:

He isn't ban dodging. If his current account was banned and made a new one, then it would be ban dodging.

Exactly. I got permabanned 5 years ago WITH THIS ACCOUNT. I guess they lifted their bans in hopes of attracting users back now that they've managed to put so many paid staff members out of work.

UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 UT_Wrestler

@foxhound_fox said:

That's a name I haven't seen in a while.

Lol is that a good thing or a bad thing

UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 UT_Wrestler

@LJS9502_basic said:

Yep I'm "bringing the community down", sort of in the same way someone might take a dump on a deserted house in Detroit.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SOedipus

@UT_Wrestler said:
@SOedipus said:
@davillain- said:

Exactly. I got permabanned 5 years ago WITH THIS ACCOUNT. I guess they lifted their bans in hopes of attracting users back now that they've managed to put so many paid staff members out of work.

I think it was an accident when they changed the site a few years ago. I remember a staff member writing something like that, but because there were so many users affected by the change and there was no system in place where they could ban all of the unpermabanned all at once, they decided to just leave it. There are a couple of users in System Wars that re-emerged after that happened.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 DaVillain  Moderator  Online

@SOedipus said:
@UT_Wrestler said:
@SOedipus said:
@davillain- said:

I think it was an accident when they changed the site a few years ago. I remember a staff member writing something like that, but because there were so many users affected by the change and there was no system in place where they could ban all of the unpermabanned all at once, they decided to just leave it. There are a couple of users in System Wars that re-emerged after that happened.

Interesting, I didn't know that.

smurfXYZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 smurfXYZ
Member since 2016 • 74 Posts
Loading Video...

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#42 LexLas
Member since 2005 • 7317 Posts

@UT_Wrestler said:

Wow, long time no see lol

What does UT wrestler stand for ? Utah ? Untitled ? or what ? I don't seem to remember you ? YOur member me ?

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

I'm just going to leave this here: you were not intentionally un-banned. And coming back to trash talk the site is not a good start. Your privileges have returned as a fluke of the major structural overhaul the site underwent.

From where I'm standing, there's no need to immediately kick you out the door again, but WTF - coming back after eons and some of your first posts are trashing the way the site is run, how us mods do our job, and confessing you are banned previously? Is it that hard to discuss off-topic issues in a polite manner? What systems do you own and games do you like to play? Hit up the other forums with some game-related chat and let's kick back and relax. No need to come out swinging

UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 UT_Wrestler

@xantufrog said:

I'm just going to leave this here: you were not intentionally un-banned. And coming back to trash talk the site is not a good start. Your privileges have returned as a fluke of the major structural overhaul the site underwent.

From where I'm standing, there's no need to immediately kick you out the door again, but WTF - coming back after eons and some of your first posts are trashing the way the site is run, how us mods do our job, and confessing you are banned previously? Is it that hard to discuss off-topic issues in a polite manner? What systems do you own and games do you like to play? Hit up the other forums with some game-related chat and let's kick back and relax. No need to come out swinging

You've only been here since 2013 so I can forgive you for not knowing how bad it got with people getting moderated left and right in spite of not violating any posted rules. It looks like things have gotten more chill, though, because half of my replies in this thread would have gotten me suspended under the old rules.

UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By UT_Wrestler

@LexLas: UT stands for University of Texas, where I was on a wrestling scholarship.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@UT_Wrestler: yeah, of course I cannot speak for how things operated before my time. I will say this: our current team takes its job and responsibilities very seriously, and so although we have occasion to moderate stuff all the time, we try to make crystal clear the connection between the moderation and the violation in the Community Code of Conduct. Of course, often the person who is getting moderated doesn't want to hear it... but that's a different story :-P

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#48 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

good day utah

UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By UT_Wrestler

@xantufrog said:

@UT_Wrestler: yeah, of course I cannot speak for how things operated before my time. I will say this: our current team takes its job and responsibilities very seriously, and so although we have occasion to moderate stuff all the time, we try to make crystal clear the connection between the moderation and the violation in the Community Code of Conduct. Of course, often the person who is getting moderated doesn't want to hear it... but that's a different story :-P

That's a big change. The reasons typically listed for my moderations were "other" or "moderator's discretion", which translates to, "well you didn't actually break any rules but I just don't like your attitude".

UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 UT_Wrestler

@sukraj said:

good day utah

University of Texas lol