Headphones Recommendations

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Artof_War

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Artof_War
Member since 2009 • 791 Posts

I'm tired of my standard iPod buds. They hurt my ears and sound like a tube TV with aluminumfoil antennas. Can someone recommend some nice full ear (that which cover the entire ear)headphones? Try and keep it under $50, but even that seems a little high. I know BOSE sells for like $100+, wtf. I'll check back on this thread when I wake up. Happy Thanksgiving to those who celebrate.

fatcat13sep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 fatcat13sep
Member since 2007 • 1129 Posts

I'm tired of my standard iPod buds. They hurt my ears and sound like a tube TV with aluminumfoil antennas. Can someone recommend some nice full ear (that which cover the entire ear)headphones? Try and keep it under $50, but even that seems a little high. I know BOSE sells for like $100+, wtf. I'll check back on this thread when I wake up. Happy Thanksgiving to those who celebrate.

Artof_War

i know im going to get shot for this but i use to have skull candy titans and i loved them a perfect balance of audio and they were really durable until someone riped them :'( but they also have a warranty that even if you break your headphones you get 50% of the money you payed to be used on any other product on the skull candy website

EolGul2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 EolGul2
Member since 2005 • 1721 Posts

$100 isn't really high for headphones, and most audiophiles consider that relatively cheap. :)

Here are some good options around or under $50. Click the picture for more info. Avoid Skullcandy and Bose.

As a Sennheiser nuthugger, I'd recommend those, but here are some other options:

Edit: the one that says "see price in cart" are about $45.

Darthkaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 Darthkaiser
Member since 2006 • 12447 Posts
[QUOTE="EolGul2"]

Here are some good options around or under $50. Click the picture for more info. Avoid Skullcandy and Bose.

As a Sennheiser nuthugger, I'd recommend those, but here are some other options:

Do these headpohnes hurt your ear less compared to teh ipod ones?? :o
Dark__Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Dark__Link
Member since 2003 • 32653 Posts
For under $50 (which is painfully low in the world of headphones, by the way), your best bet is Sennheiser. They're one of the only excellent quality brands who makes cheaper products.
fatcat13sep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 fatcat13sep
Member since 2007 • 1129 Posts

oh if you're willing to go with over the ear headphones then definitely get those they will destroy the skullcandys i talked about

EolGul2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 EolGul2

Do these headpohnes hurt your ear less compared to teh ipod ones?? :oDarthkaiser

I removed the white ones because I was thinking of another Beyerdynamic headphone that was actually over $100, so OP, please keep that in mind. I'm not sure if those white ones are any good.

I've personally never had problems with the iPod earbuds as far as comfort goes. But I do find over-the-ear headphones more comfortable. And more importantly, they all sound much better than the Apple earbuds. I have had headphones that hurt at first (Sennheiser HD 202s) but after a couble days of stretching out they became very comfortable.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts
Koss PortaPros are what you want. Under $50 and sound great.
Avatar image for BreakTheseLinks
BreakTheseLinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BreakTheseLinks
Member since 2005 • 2601 Posts
The Koss PortaPros are pretty sweet and for the price ($33) I don't think there are many better choices. They are ugly as sin but have shockingly good sound for the price.
EolGul2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 EolGul2

Koss PortaPros are what you want. Under $50 and sound great.KHAndAnime

The Koss PortaPros are pretty sweet and for the price ($33) I don't think there are many better choices. They are ugly as sin but have shockingly good sound for the price.BreakTheseLinks

Those rest on your ears and leak a lot of sound. They are great for the price, but I don't think that's the kind of headphone the OP wants.

Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Head_of_games
Member since 2007 • 10859 Posts

Personally I'm loving my Turtlebeach Earforce's. If you're an online gamer definitely check them out.

X11

DivergeUnify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DivergeUnify
Member since 2007 • 15150 Posts

Personally I'm loving my Turtlebeach Earforce's. If you're an online gamer definitely check them out.

Head_of_games

Turtlebeach isn't really all that great for music.

whoopy2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 whoopy2008
Member since 2008 • 198 Posts
if you are willing to spend money: sennheiser HD25-I else: philips SGH8500
Mochyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Mochyc
Member since 2007 • 4421 Posts

Bowers & Wilkins P5: nothing has ever given such awesome orgasmic sound. Just one problem, it costs 300 bucks (definitely worth the price for me).

Edit: haha, didn't see the under 50 dollars comment. You really won't get anything good for that price.

Solid_Tango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Solid_Tango
Member since 2009 • 8609 Posts
bumped for more, i m also looking for good quality headphones, but not so big as i m going to use them whenever i m outdoors
Explode50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Explode50
Member since 2007 • 356 Posts

Plantronics Gamecom 367's

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/screenshots/medium/2008/08/Plantronics_Gamecom_367_01.jpg

Artof_War

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Artof_War
Member since 2009 • 791 Posts

$100 isn't really high for headphones, and most audiophiles consider that relatively cheap. :)

Edit: the one that says "see price in cart" are about $45.

EolGul2

I went with the above (very top) Sennheiser brand. FANTASTIC. Thanks to all who posted.

Lockedge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Lockedge
Member since 2002 • 16765 Posts
Nice selection :) Enjoy your new cans :D