Have you watched The Grand Tour?

#1 Posted by JustPlainLucas (79251 posts) -

For those that don't know, this is the car show Amazon Prime developed with the original three presenters from Top Gear. I just now got around to watching it, and so far, I really like it. It's almost exactly like Top Gear. I heard some negative things about it, which I didn't get. Like I said, it's almost exactly like Top Gear.

#2 Posted by br0kenrabbit (15849 posts) -

Damn...thought this was going to be about the Voyager 2 probes journey.

#3 Edited by uninspiredcup (32255 posts) -

Nope, never liked Top Gear. It felt like a bunch of odd couple sketches where everything is scripted. I'm basically paying tax money to let a horrible person (Jeremy Clarkson) drive around Switzerland in a million dollar car.

Jesus Christ.

At least he's buggered off along with Jimmy Savile.

Oh wait, I'm funding him through Amazon Prime now? Gawd.

#4 Posted by GTR12 (13442 posts) -

This is the last full season (Season 3), its just specials after this season.

#5 Posted by Mandzilla (3816 posts) -

Nah I subbed to Prime for Man in the High Castle, not The Grand Tour.

Maybe If Jeremy Clarkson toned down his personality a bit.

#6 Posted by npiet1 (1959 posts) -

I watched Top Gear if there wasn't anything else to watch but I havn't watched grand tour yet.

#7 Posted by JustPlainLucas (79251 posts) -
@mandzilla said:

But then he wouldn't be Jeremy Clarkson. That's like asking James May to speed up or build a car that's sensible and reliable.

#8 Posted by Mandzilla (3816 posts) -
@JustPlainLucas said:
@mandzilla said:

But then he wouldn't be Jeremy Clarkson. That's like asking James May to speed up or build a car that's sensible and reliable.

That's true lol.

#9 Posted by raugutcon (5484 posts) -

I always liked Top Gear and it's like watching it again, I do dislike the "Forza" car tests and the program does need a Stig.

#10 Posted by goodzorr (488 posts) -

I watched the very first GT episode a couple years ago, but I must admit I had already starting fall out of love with Top Gear. It was just a bit OTT and silly and stopped being about showing the interesting car segments. Haven't missed it, and probably won't catch up.

#11 Posted by Jacanuk (18131 posts) -

@JustPlainLucas said:

For those that don't know, this is the car show Amazon Prime developed with the original three presenters from Top Gear. I just now got around to watching it, and so far, I really like it. It's almost exactly like Top Gear. I heard some negative things about it, which I didn't get. Like I said, it's almost exactly like Top Gear.

You mean the real Top Gear, so it´s not "LIKE top gear" it is Top gear just with a new name because BBC has a fierce legal team who would sue the shit out of Amazon if they even attempted to use anything TG related.

Of course, I have watched it, it´s the only car show where you got 3 amazing presenters who match 100% with each other, showing off cars that for most of us, we can only dream about.

#12 Posted by johnd13 (9661 posts) -

I used to enjoy Top Gear so I thought about giving Grand Tour a go. But for some reason I never bothered and now, to be frank, I don't even care.

#13 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (18558 posts) -

I watched the first season, but didn't really enjoy it that much. It's not as good as Top Gear.