Have you ever totaled your car or been in a crash?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for lastchancejames
lastchancejames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1 lastchancejames
Member since 2010 • 137 Posts

Yes i totaled my 1988 bmw on black ice what about you?

Avatar image for thriteenthmonke
thriteenthmonke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 thriteenthmonke
Member since 2005 • 49823 Posts
Yeah, my second time driving after getting my license.
metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 metroidfood
Member since 2007 • 11175 Posts

I dented my parent's car while parking. :(

But that's the most that's happened. I've had a couple of close calls though.

testfactor888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 testfactor888
Member since 2010 • 7157 Posts

I think I have been in like 10 car crashes in my life all my fault. I was a very stupid driver. I have totaled 1 car but mangled up a couple others. The car I totaled was an 88 TBird. I was speeding along on a road racing like an idiot. I hit the railroad tracks and went flying in the air and well I lost control when I hit the ground. I went flying into an avoid median sign which ended up half way through the engine. I was knocked out from the crash. I remember waking up and seeing the people I had been racing looking at me from across the street. Soon as they saw I was not dead they took off. Luckily all that happened was I lost my car and not mine or anyone elses life.

The other 7-8 accidents I have been in were mostly stupid in nature and always my fault. Slamming into the back of cars mostly. Luckily I stopped being so retarded when it comes to driving. Thankfully nobody including myself ever died to learn that lesson. Just took a long time to finally sink in

The_Sand_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 The_Sand_Man
Member since 2008 • 6788 Posts

No, thankfully.. :o

MR96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MR96
Member since 2010 • 44 Posts
I'm still on my L's so I haven't driven much and haven't been in an accident.
Dark__Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Dark__Link
Member since 2003 • 32653 Posts
No sir. Only been driving for 5 years though. Still plenty of time.
Suzy_Q_Kazoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Suzy_Q_Kazoo
Member since 2010 • 9899 Posts

Not totaled, but I have crashed. I've also hit a car in the parking lot before when I first started driving. I like to think most people do that at some point, but are just unwilling to admit it :P

I was actually reported for that though :roll:

testfactor888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 testfactor888

Not totaled, but I have crashed. I've also hit a car in the parking lot before when I first started driving. I like to think most people do that at some point, but are just unwilling to admit it :P

Suzy_Q_Kazoo
I hit a parked Saturn in a parking lot once. I was 17 and retarded and honestly was not sober. I took off and nobody found out about it. That is not the best thing to admit to but its the truth. As I said in a previous post I was very stupid and selfish before. Now I think about myself and others and am alot more careful.
TheMightyHoov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TheMightyHoov
Member since 2009 • 2459 Posts

My car doesnt get totaled... It does the totaling 8)

Dark__Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Dark__Link
Member since 2003 • 32653 Posts

Suzy_Q_Kazoo
I haven't. I imagine it'd be pretty difficult to run into something that isn't even moving.
Suzy_Q_Kazoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Suzy_Q_Kazoo
Member since 2010 • 9899 Posts

I hit a parked Saturn in a parking lot once. I was 17 and retarded and honestly was not sober. I took off and nobody found out about it. That is not the best thing to admit to but its the truth. As I said in a previous post I was very stupid and selfish before. Now I think about myself and others and am alot more careful.testfactor888

At least you learned from it and you're sorry about it. Was it bad? Mine was hardly anything to get excited over, to be honest. It was a mistake though, admittedly, I was so...inexperienced and foolish >_>

I haven't. I imagine it'd be pretty difficult to run into something that isn't even moving.Dark__Link

It's pretty easy if you're not really looking or are just somehow distracted :?

Which is why I said I like to think :P

rockguy92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 rockguy92
Member since 2007 • 21559 Posts
I've never been in any accident.
XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 XilePrincess
Member since 2008 • 13130 Posts
Nope. I haven't been driving all that long, but I'm not a risky driver so if I ever end up getting in a crash or something, it won't be because I was being unsafe.
KidCudi37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 KidCudi37
Member since 2010 • 3535 Posts

The_Sand_Man
This.:shock:
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58398 Posts

Ive been run into but I've never caused an accident or totaled my car, thankfully. My paranoid nature lends itself well to many facets of my life, but unfortunately yields a dull lifestyle in general lol.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58398 Posts

[QUOTE="The_Sand_Man"]

KidCudi37

off-topic, but your sig is pure epic win. MightI inquire where it originates from, kind sir? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmnaaaaahhhh

clayron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 clayron
Member since 2003 • 10121 Posts
Yup. The worst one I was in involved being T-boned on my side of the car. I was in my full set football pads, and that's the only reason I wasn't gravely injured.
JPOBS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 JPOBS
Member since 2007 • 9675 Posts
i was inn a crash less than a month ago.
fidosim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#20 fidosim
Member since 2003 • 12901 Posts
I've been in a car when it got totaled. Thankfully it wasn't mine and I wasn't the one driving.
KidCudi37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 KidCudi37
Member since 2010 • 3535 Posts

[QUOTE="KidCudi37"][QUOTE="The_Sand_Man"]

mrbojangles25

off-topic, but your sig is pure epic win. MightI inquire where it originates from, kind sir? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmnaaaaahhhh

Thanks and If I knew I would tell you. I have no idea, I just came across it while searching for a GIF, sorry.:lol:
Avatar image for 194197844077667059316682358889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 194197844077667059316682358889
Member since 2003 • 49173 Posts
Yes, when I was 16, I was driving on a gravel road I didn't know very well, lost control and rolled 2.5 times down the side of a large hill and ended up passenger door-side down in a gully; I had to kick the windshield out to get out of the car. Not a fun phone call to make to my parents after walking a couple miles to find a phone.
testfactor888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 testfactor888

[QUOTE="testfactor888"]

I hit a parked Saturn in a parking lot once. I was 17 and retarded and honestly was not sober. I took off and nobody found out about it. That is not the best thing to admit to but its the truth. As I said in a previous post I was very stupid and selfish before. Now I think about myself and others and am alot more careful.Suzy_Q_Kazoo

At least you learned from it and you're sorry about it. Was it bad? Mine was hardly anything to get excited over, to be honest. It was a mistake though, admittedly, I was so...inexperienced and foolish >_>

I haven't. I imagine it'd be pretty difficult to run into something that isn't even moving.Dark__Link

It's pretty easy if you're not really looking or are just somehow distracted :?

Which is why I said I like to think :P

No it wasn't bad. Just kinda side swiped it as I was looking for someone in the parking lot and was not paying attention
Avatar image for hartsickdiscipl
hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#24 hartsickdiscipl
Member since 2003 • 14787 Posts

I've been T-boned once by a woman driver in winter in my old SRT-4, but it was far from totaled.. and I've been hit by a woman driver who went straight in a turn only lane. She took the front end off my 05 350z. The car wasn't really totaled, but the insurance adjuster said that it was. I had a really sick feeling in my stomach as soon as it happened.. I loved that car. I hate seeing nice things of mine that I've worked really hard for get wrecked.

My father who did paint and body work for 15 years, as well as his friend who still does both looked at it and said it could've been fixed and as good as new for 6 grand. The car was worth over 15 grand by her estimate. The adjuster wrote the damage closer to 9 grand. I argued with her for a few days before I found a way to come out ahead by letting it go and getting an 07 Z. I had to come out of pocket a couple thousand dollars, but ended up with a car with 1/3rd the miles, all the options my 05 was lacking, a better engine, and a color I liked more. All this while paying $3 less a month over a shorter term than the old car. My total cost actually ended up being less than it would have been if I'd kept the old car and paid it off. I guess the wreck wasn't the worst thing that ever happened to me.

Lockedge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Lockedge
Member since 2002 • 16765 Posts
I was rear ended after waiting to turn left at an intersection in the middle of early morning traffic. I had been waiting there for upwards of two minutes. The women who hit me had been texting on her blackberry and told me I had stopped too abruptly. Which meant she hadn't been watching the road, as there WAS a car in front of her ~800m back that made a right hand turn, leaving a gap between me and her. Normally people in my town are hard on the gas and hard on the brake so when she cam within 100m doing the limit or over, I thought nothing of it. When there was under 50m, I braced myself, realizing I can't just speed off, and I can't turn left into traffic, or right into a large sign. It sucked too, because my dad would have had his SUV paid off by the end of that summer, and would have bought a new car to replace the civic that got totaled...and would have sold the civic to me for only a few thousand. Instead, the car was written off, we got under market value for it, and put that towards a lease. And my insurance went up for some reason, even though I was cleared of fault. *shrug*
CleanPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#26 CleanPlayer
Member since 2008 • 9822 Posts
Yea, I've totaled my car once when I was texting
Lockedge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Lockedge
Member since 2002 • 16765 Posts

I think I have been in like 10 car crashes in my life all my fault. I was a very stupid driver. I have totaled 1 car but mangled up a couple others. The car I totaled was an 88 TBird. I was speeding along on a road racing like an idiot. I hit the railroad tracks and went flying in the air and well I lost control when I hit the ground. I went flying into an avoid median sign which ended up half way through the engine. I was knocked out from the crash. I remember waking up and seeing the people I had been racing looking at me from across the street. Soon as they saw I was not dead they took off. Luckily all that happened was I lost my car and not mine or anyone elses life.

The other 7-8 accidents I have been in were mostly stupid in nature and always my fault. Slamming into the back of cars mostly. Luckily I stopped being so retarded when it comes to driving. Thankfully nobody including myself ever died to learn that lesson. Just took a long time to finally sink in

testfactor888
Wow, your premiums must be insane!
Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Surprisingly the only major accident I was in was while I was in the Air Force. I've had only a single fender-bender, and that was from getting bumped into from behind.

testfactor888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 testfactor888
[QUOTE="testfactor888"]

Lockedge
Wow, your premiums must be insane!

The car I now drive is under another family members name. I have a note in the car that they signed saying I have permission to drive it. The insurance is in their name as well. If it was under my name yeah it would be insane but we go around it. Not the smartest move and if something we're to happen there would be alot of trouble. I hardly drive now though. I maybe drive a total of 30-45 minutes a week now average.
poptart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 poptart
Member since 2003 • 7298 Posts

I wrote off my mums car by driving into the side of another car on a roundabout (and wrote his off 2). I caused 5K's worth of damage to it only a month before... my mother didn't speak to me for a weeks after that. Been in a couple of other smaller incidents - one car and one on the back of a motorbike.

joesh89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 308

#31 joesh89
Member since 2008 • 8489 Posts

I dented the side of my car on a wall... other than that, the only crash I've been in was with my sister when she rolled her car and wrote it off.

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts
Have been driving and had a couple accidents...never totaled a car though Was a passenger in a Jeep that rolled 7 times...that **** was totaled :lol:
Avatar image for deactivated-5cacc9e03b460
deactivated-5cacc9e03b460

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#33 deactivated-5cacc9e03b460
Member since 2005 • 6976 Posts

The only time Ive ever dented a car is when a deer ran into the side of it. I just kept driving to work.

Paranoid2028

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Paranoid2028
Member since 2009 • 107 Posts

I don't drive yet but i was in an accident when my sister was driving. We just pulled out of a junction and got hit in the bonnet/engine bay area. Everyone jumped out the car, which was lucky, as the engine set off into a huge fire! :D

That was the first car accident i had ever been in and funnily enough it was when my sister was driving me home from my school prom!

Ceraby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#36 Ceraby
Member since 2009 • 3306 Posts

Never had my car totalled or been in a bad crash, thankfully. Did hit a person though, once. Or more like my dad did and I was in the passenger seat. It was kind of surreal and freaky.

raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 raven_squad
Member since 2007 • 78438 Posts
I've been in two pretty bad accidents, while I wasn't driving. One of them caused me to have stress hair loss even...
scarecrowM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#38 scarecrowM
Member since 2010 • 1066 Posts

luckily I have been in none

*knocks on wood*