Have you ever had a paranormal experience? Tell us your story

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kadin_Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

Edited By Kadin_Kai

Poll: Have you ever had a paranormal experience? Tell us your story (21 votes)

Yes 62%
No 38%

In the year 2001, I was studying at the Economics at the University of Manchester. I was late for my Microeconomics lecture.

I ran from my building, the Dover Street building. As I was half way down the stairs out of the building I felt a strong push. My bag fell from my shoulders, I picked it up and realised the strap was disconnected.

I continued to run to my lecture and noticed my watch was making a strange noise. It was a green Seiko kinetic (I love that watch). I knew it was also broken as it made a strange rattle, different to how it normally sounds.

Sweating, I arrived at my lecture and I was given a stern look by my lecturer. I sat in the front and got my notepad and stuff out.

I checked my bag strap and noticed something very strange. It’s hard to explain the strap, but basically it was disconnected. It was like a magic trick with rings being disconnected without any breaks.

I later showed this to my friends and no one had an explanation how the strap can disconnect without any breaks. Everyone just said the Dover Street building is haunted.

On the weekend I went home and showed my parents. My dad freaked out and he threw the strap in the bin and also wanted to get rid of my watch, which I didn’t let him.

Almost 20 years later, I still periodically think about this event. I still have the watch (it was fixed but broke again) but I wish my dad did not throw away the bag strap.

Have you got a story to tell?

• 
Kadin_Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1 Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 561 Posts

Sorry typo in the first paragraph.... you know what I mean.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 14567 Posts

I once saw an apparition of a cat that vanished right before my eyes.

warmblur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By warmblur
Member since 2017 • 3213 Posts

I saw a shadow devil on my old wooden closet.

SpoilersI was on LSD.

VagrantSnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 VagrantSnow
Member since 2018 • 396 Posts

Never anything directly but my mum often tells me about how when my brother and I were younger (babies) we would often stare at a certain spot on the roof corner of the stairwell of our house. When I was a kid, the stair well always creeped me out. Would always run up them at night and generally disliked being in the upper hallway at the top of the stairs. As I got older the fear gradually faded away and the stairs never bothered me much anymore.

That was until the new neighbours moved in. They had a cat. Super friendly cat. Would often come over to visit and wander around the house like it owned the place. It always enjoyed sleeping in my underbed drawer that it learned how to open on it's own. Anyway, a couple of times when it was chilling in my room, it would suddenly perk itself up. I mean back arched, fur on ends and it would stand at my open door that looks out on to the stairwell and would often growl seemingly at nothing.

Always freaked me out when it did it.

jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 jdc6305
Member since 2005 • 5058 Posts

I've been nose to nose with a ghost before. The stuff that goes on in my house is straight out of the movie poltergeist. I've learn to live with it and ignore it. As long as what ever it is don't attack me I'm fine. My grandmother wanted to bring in a priest to bless the house I refused. I didn't want to piss it off. I just hope when I leave here it doesn't follow me.

Avatar image for clifford_sexylips
Clifford_Sexylips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By Clifford_Sexylips
Member since 2019 • 67 Posts

I was beside my mom at that time when someone called me from a distant. I know it was my mom's voice so I looked to the direction of where that sound comes from but I saw my mom far away from me when I looked beside me and there was no one beside me...

watercrack445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7 watercrack445
Member since 2017 • 1991 Posts

I saw a shadow person. It was bald but had a weird head shape. It also was pretty skinny. He ran across from me and seemed to trying to get out cause it ran towards a closed window. I have no idea where it went from that. It happened during midnight.

skizz624

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8  Edited By skizz624
Member since 2005 • 3810 Posts

I was walking down a hall at a hospital and someone brushed past me, I did a 360 and no one was around

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 5130 Posts

I think I've written about these before. So I will try to word them differently.

The first I will speak of involves a young man going to a film in which a Dutch painting, painted by Breughel, and starring Rutger Hauer comes to life. The film is called The Mill and the Cross. He is excited to find a lobby card of said film. They make good bookmarks. There are some interesting parts to the film. However, the young man finds it to be lacking of a masterpiece.

A few days later he finds himself at a bookshelf in his bedroom. "What to read? What to read? Where will this lobby card go?" His fingers run long the spines and find a book called Despair by Vladimir Nabokov. The book is about a man who fakes his own death. In the Introduction, Nabokov contemplates the possibility of a painting, by some Dutch master, coming to life on film.

"Now what are the chances?" Asks the man. A book, a bookmark, a painting, a film, and a reader with a view... Into what? Some place paranormal? A message from beyond, from something or someone? I know nothing.

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 henrythefifth
Member since 2016 • 2502 Posts

Well, I did once see a giant marshmallow man.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts

I'm an actual ghost

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DEVILinIRON

So my next incident was when my father and I were travelling through the EU. We found ourselves in Barcelona on Christmas day. The first Lord of the Rings had just come out, so we decided to see it at a theater that had it in English. We paid and sat down in the middle area. I was talking with my father when all of a sudden one of my friend's sisters sat down right in front of us with her travelling companion. We had not spoken nor seen each other for at least a year and here she was. Of all the places in the world and at this particular time we run into each other? Seems nearly impossible. So I'm chalking it up to a paranormal experience. Some kind of unconscious telepathy or I don't know what.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d693385560c3
deactivated-5d693385560c3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5d693385560c3
Member since 2012 • 666 Posts

No I have not.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DEVILinIRON

The last story I have comes from me as a child. I lived on the island of Guam and often played in the boonies. One time I saw a streak of light come almost instantaneously to a stop. I saw an apparition gazing down at me with a blank expression. Then it sped off again just like that. The End.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 2

#15 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 35531 Posts

Yes, about 15-16 years ago on the way to work during winter, saw what I thought was a star, but then it accelerated and moved rapidly (from being idle) at a curved angle and shot away out of view almost instantly. At the time didn't take much notice but looking back, it was pretty odd.

Peasly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#16  Edited By Peasly
Member since 2004 • 345 Posts

Noooooooooooooo.... (trying for ghostly sound) I have not.. ;)

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 38581 Posts

@XVision84 said:

I'm an actual ghost

Something strange, in the neighborhood. Who you gonna call?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts

@davillain-: Ghostlusters? No wait...ghostdusters? Or was it ghosttrusters? :P

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7362 Posts

No and I don't beleive other people's stories either, as cool as it would be if they were true.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 35939 Posts
@henrythefifth said:

Well, I did once see a giant marshmallow man.

i tried to think of the most harmless thing

cheater87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 cheater87
Member since 2004 • 1024 Posts

Went to a haunted abandoned asylum and my camera stopped working, tried 3 different apps and they failed as well, wouldn't even open up. Took a week or two to get the original working again, also heard my dead cat jump from the chair she loved when I walked past it when going through the dining room once.

Heirren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Heirren
Member since 2017 • 2327 Posts

Nope.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By Speeny
Member since 2018 • 2065 Posts

Well there's two stories that come to mind but I'll only share one:

A couple of years back by mum & sisters moved into a house that was pretty much just down the street & in the next suburb from where they were originally living. (Being my grandmothers...I myself still live with her.)

To get to the house you'd need to drive up a driveway, which then leads you to this backstreet where the house is located. (To give you an idea, before you go up the driveway, there's houses built up on the land above the road. Almost like a cliff. So in order to enter most of them you'd need to drive up this driveway.) The backstreet is as narrow as anything. Usually if a car were coming in the other direction, you'd need to pull over and let them pass.

Anyway, my mother ended up calling the street "Blair Witch Drive" just because it was frustrating especially at night.

Inside, the house was fairly modern, though you could tell it'd been renovated I'd assume. There were a bunch of steps leading down to the front door. Wooden & kind of dangerous.

Long story short, I swear I saw shadow figures running across my field of vision several times in that house. Even my mum & siblings agreed. Particularly when I was making my way up from the downstairs to the first storey. (I kind of think it may have been reflections because there was a sliding door right at the top of the staircase, but who knows.)

I legitimately always had the worst night's sleep when staying over there & woke up with a pounding headache every time. I remember even hearing large footsteps pacing across the floorboards upstairs. (All of the bedrooms were located downstairs. So this of course, freaked me the hell out.)

It was a nice house though, I kind of miss it. It's almost nostalgic. They were renting it out from a family that were living in Hong Kong for a few months.

TheFlush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 TheFlush
Member since 2002 • 5932 Posts

I don't understand why people who experience something that they can't explain automatically attribute it to the supernatural. When there's actually no credible evidence that the supernatural actually exists. It makes good stories though, I'll give them that.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 32458 Posts

Don't bump threads no one has posted in for awhile.