Have you ever been in a LARP? Or alternatively, in a historical re-enactment?

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 5691 Posts

I went to a convention called Gen Con and played a Star Trek LARP. The only thing I did of note was sabotage a Borg attempt against my life. Unfortunately it's hard to play in a LARP when you find it hard to be social. So I didn't get very far.

As far as historical re-enactments, no.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 46928 Posts

No, unfortunately.

I almost went to something called WAR. Had some friends that were into it. Apparently it's a bit more realistic than regular LARP'ing in that they use wooden weapons and they go all out and you will actually get hurt and stuff. Seeks like it's about 60% reenactment and 40% LARP.

@DEVILinIRON said:

I went to a convention called Gen Con and played a Star Trek LARP. The only thing I did of note was sabotage a Borg attempt against my life. Unfortunately it's hard to play in a LARP when you find it hard to be social. So I didn't get very far.

Yeah socializing is hard for me. I play D&D and the role-playing parts are hard because you have to really get into it and I'm just thinking "Oh man people probably think I look like an idiot".

Did you have to dress up for the Star Trek LARP? I hear that is a big part of LARP, you don't just show up in regular clothes and pretend, you have to dress the part.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 5691 Posts

@mrbojangles25: I didn't wear anything like a Wesley Crusher jr. size outfit; nothing like that. I saw people were dressed in full Klingon regalia and I might have seen a Borg. I can't remember for sure.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 2

#4 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 39804 Posts

When was a kid on a school trip to Stirling Castle we dressed up as goobers.