Have you ever been hospitalized?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

Other than birth, have you ever had to spend a day or more in a hospital for any reason?

I had a knee operation when I was a sophomore in high school. Spent 2 days in the hospital for that one. Hope I never have to go back...although, I think physical therapy 3 times a week for 3 months following was worse.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#2 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

@jasean79: I spent every night of my life until I turned 12 in the hospital but always came back home in the morning. Does that count?

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

@korvus said:

@jasean79: I spent every night of my life until I turned 12 in the hospital but always came back home in the morning. Does that count?

Sure. What was the reason?

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

When I was like 10 I was hospitalized for at least a week (can't really remember) for asthma.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#5 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

@jasean79: Stupidly enough, asthma. It was before there were nebulizers outside of hospitals, etc...

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Not for an overnight stay

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

@korvus said:

@jasean79: Stupidly enough, asthma. It was before there were nebulizers outside of hospitals, etc...

Asthma is a bitch. Used to send me to the hospital as well as a kid, and we had the breathing treatments at home.

I was a very sickly child that had an extended stay in the hospital at least once a year for the first few years of my life. Probably gave my parents a few grey hairs with that shit.

I also had a couple random issues that required surgery, including the removal of an incredibly painful cyst on the back of my left leg. That stuff sucked as I couldn't sit and be comfortable at all. Had to bring a pillow to sit on at school while dealing with that.

Last time I was in the hospital was when I was 7. Was in there on oxygen for a week and a half thanks to fluid being in my lungs. Just happy they had video games available there...

EPICCOMMANDER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By EPICCOMMANDER
Member since 2013 • 1110 Posts

Yes, when I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes I stayed in the hospital for a week or so. Pretty much the worst experience of my life. I missed school for the next two months though and that was awesome.

That was like six or seven years ago I think? Hard to believe it's been that long.

Oh I remember now, that was when Bioshock 1 just came out and I beat that in like two days since I was home everyday.

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Murderstyle75
Member since 2011 • 4412 Posts

Yes and they scammed the shit out of me. Was robbed and punched in the head. I went to the hospital 15 hours later because the inside of my ear felt like it was clogged with water. Turned out I had a broken ear drum.

Despite the fact that I went to the hospital so many hours after the incident and felt fine other then my ear, they admitted me. They ran tests and more tests. The total bill ended up being like $20k and they did absolutely nothing for me. If I knew it was going to cost even close to that much, I never would have went.

Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts

I've been to the ER plenty of times. I don't think I've ever been hospitalized though.

@EPICCOMMANDER said:

Yes, when I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes I stayed in the hospital for a week or so. Pretty much the worst experience of my life. I missed school for the next two months though and that was awesome.

That was like six or seven years ago I think? Hard to believe it's been that long.

Oh I remember now, that was when Bioshock 1 just came out and I beat that in like two days since I was home everyday.

Damn.. I hadn't realized it's been 7 years since Bioshock came out. Time is just flying by...

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

nope. not yet. maybe in future ? =P

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#13 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Yes

elkoldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 elkoldo
Member since 2009 • 1832 Posts

@indzman said:

nope. not yet. maybe in future ? =P

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

I have only been a patient of hospital once just for some stitches. My wife spent the first 2 or 3 months in hospital in a incubator. Then again for tendon lengthening surgery for a awhile in compete lower body cast.

-Blasphemy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By -Blasphemy-
Member since 2005 • 3369 Posts

i was there for 6 hours once because i had chest pains. they run some test and couldnt find anything wrong with me, waste of my time havent been back to the hospital since. that was like 9 years ago.

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#18 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts

@Murderstyle75 said:

Yes and they scammed the shit out of me. Was robbed and punched in the head. I went to the hospital 15 hours later because the inside of my ear felt like it was clogged with water. Turned out I had a broken ear drum.

Despite the fact that I went to the hospital so many hours after the incident and felt fine other then my ear, they admitted me. They ran tests and more tests. The total bill ended up being like $20k and they did absolutely nothing for me. If I knew it was going to cost even close to that much, I never would have went.

OMG in the UK it's the opposite, you go in for a hip replacement and you're out in like 3 days.

British_Azimio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 British_Azimio
Member since 2007 • 2459 Posts

Many times. My longest stay was probably the 4 days in the ICU I spent in Sept 2012, stemming from an overdose of heart pills in which I nearly died.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

I once had to spend about 5-6 nights in the hospital to take care of my father who at the time broke his leg and had to go under the knife for it. I tell you, it was one of the worst experiences of my life. I was practically made to act as my father's nurse because of a shortage of nurses and needless to say I'm not particularly suited to be a nurse. Also, there were no extra beds available in that room so I only had the option of sleeping on the floor. I couldn't get myself to do that so I would spend the entire night up without getting any sleep. To make things worse, my father shared the room with some 2-3 other patients and let me tell you it felt as if I were a foreigner who suddenly found himself in Somalia. I had the good judgement of never using the bathroom there so whenever I needed to take a piss I would get out of the entire hospital's campus and find myself a nice, hidden corner away from anybody's eyes and just take a leak in there. As far as dumps were concerned, I would wait until someone else would come and take my place for some time during the day and go back home for a dump, a shower, some sleep and a warm meal. All of that took place in the winter which made it so fucking much worse.

Ever since that happened, whenever I see my father climbing something or doing things he shouldn't be doing I tell him this time he'd be going alone lol

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21  Edited By comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38677 Posts

tonsils / adenoids when i was in 2nd grade

Boggle_Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#22 Boggle_Dragon
Member since 2014 • 125 Posts

Yes

I spent all night drinking at a house party when I was 17. The next morning my friends and i decided to keep drinking at a small wooded area close to where we live. I passed out and they left me because they couldn't wake me. This wooded area is used as a shortcut and some kids passing through found me and thought I was dead. They ran home to their parents and an Ambulance was called. I eventually woke to a paramedic turning me on my side as I was starting to vomit.

In the meantime word had spread like wildfire that there was a dead kid at the hill and a crowd of 30-50 concerned parents and onlookers had gathered to see what was happening. I had to be helped passed everyone to the ambulance and brought to hospital as i had torn my stomach lining.

It was a walk of shame i will never forget and the most embarrassing moment of my life!

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#23 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Never had to but I've been to the ER and I wanted to get out after spending 30 minutes in there.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#24 skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

Been in and out a lot but main one has to be kidney failed back in 2004 and only had the one so had to go on dialysis and was on for 4 year until i got a transplant in 2008. Just been for regular blood test this morning and is working perfect from last blood test i had so looking good now. The doc showed me the graph on how the kidney been functioning when it failed it was 0% and almost on deaths list but now the transplanted kidney is now working better then the average of 70%. Just get quite a few side effects from tabs but better then the alternate. Just a thank you too to who ever donated as i knew they lost there life that day too when i had it transplanted into me..

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

@thegerg said:

yes

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

I've had had 2 surgeries, and suffered heatstroke once.

konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 konvikt_17
Member since 2008 • 22378 Posts

spent about 10 hours in the hospital just to get 3 stitches in my knee.

wasnt a high priority and other people kept coming in with worse injuries than me.

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28  Edited By hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

My last is 1974 ..... the year I was born .....lol .... I am son of wolverine

lensflare15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By lensflare15
Member since 2010 • 6652 Posts

Yes, when I was about 6 years old I had to spend a few weeks (not all at one time) in the hospital due to complications surrounding my appendicitis and the appendix removal surgery that followed. In the ensuing weeks after it was completed, I had to return to the hospital several times because of a low heart-rate that I guess was connected to the surgery in some way. (and then there were other times where I had to wait in the ER for hours at a time but didn't have to end up being checked into a room).