Has Hamas Bought This On The Palestinians??

• 83 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

@one_plum said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@one_plum said:

Who's to say that all the Palestine civilians killed are HAMAS supporters? Both sides need to suck it up as far as my opinion goes, but inflicting civilian casualties because of the actions of the government goes beyond self-defense.

That doesn't matter. If someone is firing from across the street into your house are you going to defend yourself or walk over ask which ones are doing the firing? When an individual is under attack....or a nation....they have the right to defense. In a perfect world collateral damage won't happen....but that is exactly what happens. Every time.

You mean like throwing a grenade and killing everyone nearby?

Since the death toll is so one sided, I'm failing to see how the self-defense argument can justify the collateral damage. If Israel can show that it's taking effort to actually trying to avoid civilian hits, I might be able to sympathize with them

There is no "If Israel can show". They have already shown a number of times. Why don't you try to educate yourself a bit on the subject instead of forming an opinion based on ignorance.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 AmazonTreeBoa

@one_plum said:
@AutoPilotOn said:

@one_plum: I don't get the arguement about the one sided death toll do people expect isreal to let Hamas catch up or not try and stop incoming rockets?

Since Israel's military power is unquestionably better, I'm sure they can find other strategies than bombing that many civilian areas. If people are willing to see the whole situation as black and white and accept Israel is "the good guy"(which I believe is the majority of OT at this point), then they should be held to a higher standard in terms of how they deal with civilians, especially if you're ready to consider the other group as nothing more than terrorists.

The problem isn't how Israel handles the civilians, it is how Hamas handles the civilians. They are the one using them as human shields, not Israel.

sauronthehun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#53 sauronthehun
Member since 2007 • 187 Posts

@lightleggy said:

@sauronthehun said:

@lightleggy said:

@Solaryellow said:

@lightleggy said:

Wait didnt Israel took away most of their lands though? As in, striking first as well.

The situation in Israel and Palestine is not uncommon. Since the beginning of mankind losing a war usually means losing land and whether or not some people can come to grips, the land "taken" by Israel is the result of constant terrorist attacks as well as surrounding nations (who controlled certain pieces of land) attacking Israel and losing.

So israel didnt start this? 'Cause the thing is, everyone always says how Israel illegally expanded its territory.

Israel gave Gaza back to the Palestinians. The current conflict is occurring because Hamas is shooting rockets into Israel.

Yes but the palestinians originally had a MUCH LARGER territory while Israel's was extremely small. Now it's backwards, how did this happened? This palestine legitly attacked Israel for no reason or was it backwards?

Israel won much of its territory in wars of self-defense against surrounding Arab nations. However, while those events certainly shape the contemporary relations between Israel and the Palestinians, the primary cause of this current conflict is Hamas launching rockets.

chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 chaplainDMK
Member since 2008 • 7004 Posts

Israel and the Palestinians are both at fault, Israel is turning rather genocidal as of late, while the various military groups in Gaza just don't cut it out. I mean they are literally constantly poking at Israel since it was created, I'm really not surprised they are going so batshit insane with the years.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@chaplainDMK said:

Israel and the Palestinians are both at fault, Israel is turning rather genocidal as of late, while the various military groups in Gaza just don't cut it out. I mean they are literally constantly poking at Israel since it was created, I'm really not surprised they are going so batshit insane with the years.

Bit hyperbole there.....

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#56  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts

@xeno_ghost said:

I've read that Palestine land was occupied fair and square by Israel, because Palestine started war with Isreal but Palestine lost resulting in Israel taking over there land which was not officially Palestines land anyway.

Then you've either read wrong, or have been subjected to Zionist brainwashing propaganda. Palestinian land was never occupied "fair and square", but was occupied with the help of Western imperial powers, primarily Britain and America. Also, it was the Zionists (even before they became known as Israelis) who "started war" against the Palestinians, not the other way around. Here is a lengthy documentary from a former Israeli soldier explaining the history of the Zionist colonization of Palestine:

The Zionist Story

Loading Video...

maybe Hamas should just get over it and stop poking the bear, and endangering the lives of Palestinian people.

Hamas is a Frankenstein monster raised and nurtured by Israel, in order to undermine Yasser Arafat's popular, secular PLO/Fatah movement...

How Israel Helped to Spawn Hamas

It's just an age-old colonialist policy of divide & conquer, dividing a colonized population along political and sectarian lines, creating a divide between Muslim and Christian Palestinians, and between secularists and Islamists, to prevent a united Palestinian uprising against the Israeli occupation. But like the CIA learned with the Taliban and Al Qaeda, Israel ended up creating their own worst enemy.

Do the actual Palestinian people even want to keep this old conflict going or is it just Hamas holding a grudge?

Palestinian people want freedom, something Israel has refused to give them, time and again, for over half a century. Also, it's Israel that clearly holds a grudge against its Frankenstein monster Hamas. It was Israel that started this current conflict over false allegations that Hamas was involved in the kidnapping of three Israeli teenagers, in spite of audio evidence demonstrating the kidnappers conversing to each other in Hebrew rather than Arabic, something which Israel attempted to cover-up. Without a single shred of evidence of any Hamas involvement, Israel used the kidnappings of three Israeli teenagers as a false pretence to invade Gaza, arrest hundreds of Palestinians, bombard Gaza, and murder over a dozen Palestinians, including several children, in order to incite a reaction from Hamas, knowing full well that its primitive rockets would be useless against Israel's Iron Dome.

And even before the current conflict, Israel has been blockading Gaza into an open-air prison for seven years, an act of aggression that has heavily restricted the movement of food (counting calories to prevent any more food than the bare minimum required by a human), medicine, humanitarian aid, human movement, and even building materials. The main reason why the underground Gaza smuggling tunnel system even exists is to bypass Israel's aggressive prison blockade, which causes countless Palestinian deaths from deprivation every year.

Also it seems as though Isreal is being quite heavy handed in defending themselves, but then you have Hamas using schools and residential areas to store and launch rockets which is in turn endangering civilians.

Yet more Zionist propaganda. In the vast majority of homes, schools, UN shelters, cafes and beaches that have been destroyed by Israel, there has never been any evidence of rockets at most of those locations. With its almost impenetrable Iron Dome defense system, Israel has no reason to fear Hamas' primitive rockets, hence why Israel instigated a reaction out of Hamas in the first place. The rockets were never the main goal. Israel's goals are mainly to break down the Palestinian unity government, the destruction of its own Frankenstein monster Hamas, bombarding and terrorizing the Gazan population into submission, and to control Palestine through fear.

Maybe if Israel is so much more mighty than Palestine they should stop the Ariel assault and just send in ground troops to deal with suspected areas instead of bombing them surely that would reduce civilian casualties.

Why would Israel want to sacrifice its troops? Bombing Gazan civilians en masse lowers the number of combat deaths from its own Israeli side. After all, Jewish blood is more sacred than Gentile blood.

one_plum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By one_plum
Member since 2009 • 6822 Posts

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@one_plum said:
@AutoPilotOn said:

@one_plum: I don't get the arguement about the one sided death toll do people expect isreal to let Hamas catch up or not try and stop incoming rockets?

Since Israel's military power is unquestionably better, I'm sure they can find other strategies than bombing that many civilian areas. If people are willing to see the whole situation as black and white and accept Israel is "the good guy"(which I believe is the majority of OT at this point), then they should be held to a higher standard in terms of how they deal with civilians, especially if you're ready to consider the other group as nothing more than terrorists.

The problem isn't how Israel handles the civilians, it is how Hamas handles the civilians. They are the one using them as human shields, not Israel.

HAMAS continuing to fire rockets and deceiving civilians is obviously a big problem; I still believe Israel can be more selective in their attacks though.

The issue is far from black and white, if Palestine stops any resistance, can anyone guarantee that further land wouldn't be taken from them? HAMAS is a liability to Palestinians and its violent tendencies are not the solution for the people, but I wouldn't trust Israel in giving Palestinians a fair treatment.

I believe any leaders that Palestinians pick will result in a dead end for them: electing a militant party means hopelessly and foolishly clashing with a much superior military. Electing a pacifist party and Israel will "peacefully" absorb them.

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By -Sun_Tzu-
Member since 2007 • 17384 Posts

@one_plum said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@one_plum said:
@AutoPilotOn said:

HAMAS continuing to fire rockets and deceiving civilians is obviously a big problem; I still believe Israel can be more selective in their attacks though.

The issue is far from black and white, if Palestine stops any resistance, can anyone guarantee that further land wouldn't be taken from them? HAMAS is a liability to Palestinians and its violent tendencies are not the solution for the people, but I wouldn't trust Israel in giving Palestinians a fair treatment.

I believe any leaders that Palestinians pick will result in a dead end for them: electing a militant party means hopelessly and foolishly clashing with a much superior military. Electing a pacifist party and Israel will "peacefully" absorb them.

It would seem to me that the only worthwhile strategy for the Palestinians to take is a path of self-reliance, they are in many ways a people that have been abandoned. The Israeli's aren't going to do much for them at this point, the Arab states haven't and won't do anything for them, the UN has done nothing for them. To make matters worse the entirety of Palestinian leadership oozes corruption. Even the namesake of their people, "Palestinian", derived from "Philistine," a people that have long since disappeared and have no real cultural connection to. It's a contrived identity that was imposed on them for political purposes by the other Arab states as part of a cynical chess game where they serve as the pawns (before 1948 Jews living in Mandatory Palestine were just as "Palestinian" as their Arab neighbors).

Newhopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#59 Newhopes
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts

Hopefully the UN will find Israel guilty of war crimes, that way we can cut the retraded foreign aid they get.

udUbdaWgz1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#60  Edited By udUbdaWgz1
Member since 2014 • 633 Posts

lol, it's amazing that people still think there is a country called "palestine." there has never been a "palestinian" people with its own language, culture, leaders, government, etc.

it is an area of land mass.

one of the biggest scams in history.

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#61 Darkman2007
Member since 2007 • 17926 Posts

@Jag85:

I see quite a lot of nonsense in that entire post, do you lie as a hobby or did you get a degree for it?

SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#62 SaudiFury
Member since 2007 • 8709 Posts

@Jag85 After reading your steaming pile of manure. I am literally wanting to give you a plane ticket to go live in the Shangrila of the Islamic states. I got the money. Get your passport, get ready to fight the good fight.

but i'm betting you'll be like the dumb hick American who defected from the Americans to the North Koreans then found out North Korea really is an Orwellian nightmare state.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By AmazonTreeBoa

@one_plum said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@one_plum said:
@AutoPilotOn said:

Yes you like to speculate, I get that, but I would prefer to just stick to that facts if that is okay with you. That facts are this.

Israel has dropped hundreds of thousands of leaflets to warn the civilians to clear out. They prefer to listen to Hamas and not clear out (clear sign that they support what Hamas is doing)

Hama Uses these people as human shields and stores/fires their weapons from populated civilian sites.

You can speculate what would happen all you wish, you are entitles to your opinion, but the above sentences are facts, not my opinion.

Go on Youtube and you will find tons of videos of Israel calling off attacks due to civilians being in the same location as the target.

So you can blame Israel all you wish, but that facts are working against you

MickeyTheNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 MickeyTheNinja
Member since 2007 • 3824 Posts

@xeno_ghost said:

I've read that Palestine land was occupied fair and square by Israel, because Palestine started war with Isreal but Palestine lost resulting in Israel taking over there land which was not officially Palestines land anyway.

IF that's true

maybe Hamas should just get over it and stop poking the bear, and endangering the lives of Palestinian people.

Do the actual Palestinian people even want to keep this old conflict going or is it just Hamas holding a grudge?

Also it seems as though Isreal is being quite heavy handed in defending themselves, but then you have Hamas using schools and residential areas to store and launch rockets which is in turn endangering civilians.

Who is right who is wrong?

Maybe if Israel is so much more mighty than Palestine they should stop the Ariel assault and just send in ground troops to deal with suspected areas instead of bombing them surely that would reduce civilian casualties.

What you think OT???

Fair and square..??? How about you watch this and learn something

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10154349697715545&set=vb.746105544&type=2&theater

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Darkman2007

@AmazonTreeBoa:

not sure Id agree with the fact that they "chose" to listen to Hamas, at the end of the day, Hamas runs Gaza as a pseudo dictatorship . A lot of them are afraid of retaliation from Hamas if they disobey (if somebody threatens you and has the power to do it, you would obey too most likely). what happens to those who did leave is a good question.

Thats not to say Hamas doesn't have a significant support base of course, nor is it done out of any liking of Israel or Jews.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 AmazonTreeBoa

@Darkman2007 said:

@AmazonTreeBoa:

not sure Id agree with the fact that they "chose" to listen to Hamas, at the end of the day, Hamas runs Gaza as a pseudo dictatorship . A lot of them are afraid of retaliation from Hamas if they disobey (if somebody threatens you and has the power to do it, you would obey too most likely). what happens to those who did leave is a good question.

Thats not to say Hamas doesn't have a significant support base of course, nor is it done out of any liking of Israel or Jews.

Yet they voted them into office. Doesn't sound like people who are scared to me.

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Darkman2007

@AmazonTreeBoa:

that was 8 years ago , who knows what people think now. Although its also notable that Hamas didn't win a majority, they were the biggest party (some 45% of the vote I think) but not a majority.

At the same time, there is no denying that Hamas runs Gaza like a state (it has its borders, laws, government, basic arms industry) so Hamas is responsible for the citizens of Gaza whether they like it or not.

seahorse123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 seahorse123
Member since 2012 • 1237 Posts

@LJS9502_basic:

What I said was from factual information learnt from non bias sources, I am on no ones side apart from the truth.

Meinhard1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Meinhard1
Member since 2010 • 6790 Posts

Wow. People don't get it.

Who is right / who is wrong ? What is this, a Disney movie? Nothing in life is ever that simple.

Also -- it's hypocritical to imply that citizens are culpable for the actions of those they elect. We've all been citizens of governments who have at times wronged others / committed crimes.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 AmazonTreeBoa

@Meinhard1 said:

Also -- it's hypocritical to imply that citizens are culpable for the actions of those they elect. We've all been citizens of governments who have at times wronged others / committed crimes.

That rule doesn't apply when it is a terrorist group being voted in. They knew wtf they were doing voting them in. It's not like voting for somebody that blatantly lied to you (Obama). They knew what they were voting for and what Hamas stood for when they voted.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@Meinhard1 said:

Who is right / who is wrong ? What is this, a Disney movie? Nothing in life is ever that simple.

I think if you knowingly vote in an undesirable individual/group you have to shoulder some of the blame.

thebest31406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By thebest31406
Member since 2004 • 3775 Posts

@Newhopes said:

Hopefully the UN will find Israel guilty of war crimes, that way we can cut the retraded foreign aid they get.

The ICJ found them guilty back in 04. It's 2014 and they're still at it. You won't find much justice as long as the Godfather enables their actions.

Meinhard1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Meinhard1
Member since 2010 • 6790 Posts

When you look at a given election there are a lot of reasons people vote one side or the other. The results of a given American election may be determined by the state of the economy, current events, televised debates, party, judgments on the character of candidates, which party best represents ones view of the integrity of the country, etc. A generally liberal individual may vote for a conservative president because they're concerned about the economy, or don't trust the democratic candidate. Foreign policy may not be a priority for everyone.

Currently, people in the West view Hamas as dangerous terrorists but that doesn't make us qualified to say how a rational Palestinian should have voted however many years ago. (And, of course, not everyone in Palestine voted the same.) When making these sorts of judgments it's important to do so from the perspective of someone from that country (i.e. whose great grandfather grew up in that country, whose children are in their school system, who sees that country's flag and actually feels something, etc.)

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

In part.

Also the whole " They voted them into office so they deserve it" statement, besides being rather cold I also can't help but think " Well..of course they supported them in the beginning." Now I am by no way supporting Hamas, frankly I think they and the Israeli government have just as much responsibility of the deaths that are happening. But I can understand why the Palestinians voted them into the office when they did.

Imagine this, the place you live is essentially under the control of a foreign state. They sieze land from the area you have to live so to build houses for their own citizens, they block trading and letting you leave. They refer to you as vermin and worse. Their citizens mock and attack you. And this goes on for years. Then a group forms to oppose them.

Throughout history if a foreign power holds control over another country or state then those living in that state will offer support to groups that oppose that power. Some examples to that. French Resistance, Norwegian Resistance, Ghandi, IRA, Castro. Actions aside, these are a few groups I can mention at the top of my head that opposed a more superior power, and that were very popular with the majority of the people living in the country that was being suppressed. But much like some of them, their actions also made the support drop much like Hamas's support is.

But I can see why they were supported in the first place.

Xeno_ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Xeno_ghost
Member since 2014 • 990 Posts

@AmazonTreeBoa: "The problem isn't how Israel handles the civilians, it is how Hamas handles the civilians. They are the one using them as human shields, not Israel"

Israel has demonstrated they don't care about human shields, Hamas don't care about using human shields so what are you talking about? I don't think that anyone is in the right here.

one_plum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 one_plum

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Meinhard1 said:

I think if you knowingly vote in an undesirable individual/group you have to shoulder some of the blame.

If people really believe that, then it's no wonder Americans got the hate they got when they elected and re-elected Bush...

one_plum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By one_plum

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@one_plum said:
@AutoPilotOn said:

I'd say both sides have problems, it's just that HAMAS has shown to be more ruthless, I'll give you that.

Wilfred_Owen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#78 Wilfred_Owen
Member since 2005 • 20964 Posts

Saudi? Damn you making that money bro? Haven't seen you in a minute.

udUbdaWgz1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 udUbdaWgz1

@thebest31406: muslim countries and the laughably worthless and corrupt u.n. will find israel "guilty" of everything while they have the gall to exist.

Achraf7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Achraf7
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Israel is a terrorist because it kills Filstusnsn whether they were children or elderly or Nsaoua

udUbdaWgz1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By udUbdaWgz1

@achraf7: any evil group trying to hide their wicked deeds (and, attacks upon me) behind children and the elderly will gain no respite or justification. game on or get your cowardly butt out of my home and life.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 AmazonTreeBoa

@xeno_ghost said:

@AmazonTreeBoa: "The problem isn't how Israel handles the civilians, it is how Hamas handles the civilians. They are the one using them as human shields, not Israel"

Israel has demonstrated they don't care about human shields, Hamas don't care about using human shields so what are you talking about? I don't think that anyone is in the right here.

Yeah sorry kid, but the facts override your opinion. And that facts are they dropped leaflets and made phone calls to try and prevent civilian deaths, which is more than any other country would do.

Xeno_ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Xeno_ghost
Member since 2014 • 990 Posts

@AmazonTreeBoa: I hear ya, but if they're that concerned with civilians they would stop the Ariel assaults and just go in with their commandos.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By AmazonTreeBoa

@xeno_ghost said:

@AmazonTreeBoa: I hear ya, but if they're that concerned with civilians they would stop the Ariel assaults and just go in with their commandos.

No, what they have done is more than enough and no more is needed to be done. It isn't their fault (Israel) that the Palestinians want to listen to the lies Hamas tells them and stay put instead of leaving. It isn't their fault that Hamas stores and fires their rockets from civilian locations such as schools and hospitals. I also like how those supporting gaza keep bitching about all the deaths in gaza vs those in Israel. The iron dome defense Israel has is the only thing stopping Israel's civilian death from skyrocketing. At least Israel is making effort to target Hamas and not the Civilians. All the while Hamas is purposely targeting civilians and using civilians as shields.