Hardest class you have ever taken?

• 87 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jumpin21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 0

#1 Jumpin21
Member since 2004 • 290 Posts

In college, it was called History of the U.S after 1877. It was for a gen ed requirement, and it was a 100 level course. But holy..it was hard, we met MWF and had a full chapter to know know each time. We were quizzed on minute details of each chapter. Midterm and final, both of which had a paper component, also there were two book reviews. I am almost done with 2nd year, and have done 300 levels in my major classes, but none have matched that class. I ended up with a B-.

MiloZEgamer34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 MiloZEgamer34
Member since 2010 • 589 Posts

In college, it was called History of the U.S after 1877. It was for a gen ed requirement, and it was a 100 level course. But holy..it was hard, we met MWF and had a full chapter to know know each time. We were quizzed on minute details of each chapter. Midterm and final, both of which had a paper component, also there were two book reviews. I am almost done with 2nd year, and have done 300 levels in my major classes, but none have matched that class. I ended up with a B-.

Jumpin21
Honors Military History.. fun but diffulcult.
Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Theokhoth
Member since 2008 • 36799 Posts
Either high school geometry or college statistics. I'm leaning towards the geometry; while I'm sure I could figure it out now, that was the only cIass I've ever failed, whereas I got a C in the stats.
LZ71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 LZ71
Member since 2008 • 10524 Posts
I think A.P. U.S. History is the only challenging course I've taken so far. A.P. Chem next year though should be hard as well.
pero2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 pero2008
Member since 2005 • 2969 Posts

Every class that I've found hard was because of the professor. But the hardest class from what I'm told is business and econ statistics.

Choga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Choga
Member since 2006 • 2377 Posts

So far either Ancient Greek Philosophy or Calculus I. Both very interesting, engaging, and highly time consuming.

MiloZEgamer34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MiloZEgamer34
Member since 2010 • 589 Posts

So far either Ancient Greek Philosophy or Calculus I. Both very interesting, engaging, and highly time consuming.

Choga

Ancient Greek Philosophy sounds awesome and intriguing

kev_stevens67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 kev_stevens67
Member since 2010 • 616 Posts

Advanced C Programming and we were not allowed to use a computer. Eveyrthing had to be written on paper.

Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Theokhoth

[QUOTE="Choga"]

MiloZEgamer34

It is if you don't mind reading. A lot. :P
mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mrmusicman247
Member since 2008 • 17601 Posts
Computer Science I. It's the class I'm taking now. I nearly died this semester.
Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts
I think A.P. U.S. History is the only challenging course I've taken so far. A.P. Chem next year though should be hard as well. LZ71
I've taken both. I loved AP history and despised AP chem.
Avatar image for RenegadePatriot
RenegadePatriot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 RenegadePatriot
Member since 2007 • 20815 Posts
Advanced Physics.
MrMe1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MrMe1000
Member since 2007 • 2215 Posts

Functions, Statistics and Trigonometry that I'm currently in.

raiden509

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 raiden509
Member since 2006 • 3181 Posts
Either Ap chem in highschool or Physics in college ( my professor is TERRIBLE ) .
AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
any math class lol. I suck at math. But for some odd reason I did decently in college physics...
goth_bacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 goth_bacon
Member since 2007 • 1110 Posts
I think A.P. U.S. History is the only challenging course I've taken so far. A.P. Chem next year though should be hard as well. LZ71
Yeah AP Chem is pretty tough. Oh and I'm definitely screwed for the AP US History test in May.
UCF_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 UCF_Knight
Member since 2010 • 6863 Posts
Haven't taken any hard classes yet. Just classes I haven't studied enough for in order to put myself in a good position. Probably why I keep splitting A's and B's every semester. I suppose the hardest would be Chem II, but that wasn't difficult once I actually cared.
Leejjohno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Leejjohno
Member since 2005 • 13897 Posts

Visual Basic... I basically blagged it. The programming unit was required to pass the course, I "completed" the assignment within minutes of it being internally verified. The program didn't work but the evaluation was just so awesome and the tutor never checked to see if it would run that I passed anyway.

I passed a 2 year course by 10 minutes. Minimalism at it's finest.

Choga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Choga

[QUOTE="MiloZEgamer34"]

[QUOTE="Choga"]

Theokhoth

Hours upon hours of reading and re-reading lol.

LZ71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 LZ71
Member since 2008 • 10524 Posts
[QUOTE="LZ71"]I think A.P. U.S. History is the only challenging course I've taken so far. A.P. Chem next year though should be hard as well. goth_bacon
Oh and I'm definitely screwed for the AP US History test in May.

I actually feel somewhat confident about it. That is, provided I get some halfway decent essay prompts.
iloverikku11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 iloverikku11
Member since 2005 • 11039 Posts

intro chem 1. I have done intro chem ii and o-chem, but nothing can match that class, probably just cuz of prof though. Got 33 on first midterm, 45 on second and I ended up with a c- :P

Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Theokhoth

[QUOTE="Theokhoth"][QUOTE="MiloZEgamer34"] Ancient Greek Philosophy sounds awesome and intriguing

Choga

What makes the reading and re-reading more enjoyable is the constant reminder that someone, somewhere, at some point in time, picked up a feather and hand-wrote every single word.
Agent-Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Agent-Zero
Member since 2009 • 6198 Posts
I haven't really had any. Although most annoying has been Calculus 1. Twice I had to drop due to various reasons(time restraints, missing an exam) and then I got a D because I never did any of the homework but did well on the exams. I thought it was a little crazy for HW to count so much in a college course but oh well.
imaps3fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 imaps3fanboy
Member since 2009 • 11169 Posts
Algebra 2.. I am god-awful at math, yet I find A.P gov't econ pretty easy.. go figure
Choga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Choga

[QUOTE="Choga"]

[QUOTE="Theokhoth"] It is if you don't mind reading. A lot. :PTheokhoth

What makes the reading and re-reading more enjoyable is the constant reminder that someone, somewhere, at some point in time, picked up a feather and hand-wrote every single word.

Medievil monks/scholars had to memorize all 200-something possible syllogisms in order to pass their exams :!:

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#27 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts
My uni classes are pretty even... Kant was quite difficult but was also my highest mark. After that, I struggled with my logic courses the most I think.
jimmyjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 jimmyjammer69
Member since 2008 • 12239 Posts
Ancient Greek. I turned up to the class to find I was the only non-Greek enrolled. I lasted three lessons.
Tauruslink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Tauruslink
Member since 2005 • 6586 Posts
Probably AP Economics. God that class was torture I swear!
2-10-08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#30 2-10-08
Member since 2008 • 2775 Posts

Calculus 2.

toxic_jackal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#31 toxic_jackal
Member since 2007 • 1793 Posts

Structural geology and Calc I. Structure gave me at least 10-20 lab hours a week, and we had to use crappy computer programs where if you screwed one thing up, you had to go back and redo the whole thing. Insane amounts of homework and the hardest exams I've ever taken for any undergrad class. How I managed to BS my way through that class to get a B I'll never know.

Calc I seemed easy with teacher's notes, but textbook problems were nothing like what he showed us in class. I either got D's or low C's on my exams and I totally failed the final exam, but I barely managed to get a C.

I have a feeling my fall semester classes are going to be a nightmare. Planetary geology with one of the worst professors in the department...I won't be surprised by how this whole class turns out.

CHOASXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 CHOASXIII
Member since 2009 • 14716 Posts

C Programming...I could't pass it.

Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts
Physics.
Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts

CHOASXIII
People need to take a different programming class like Java, before they try C or C++.
Tigerman950

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#35 Tigerman950
Member since 2005 • 2516 Posts

AP U.S. history in 10th grade. Not only was the class very difficult but the teacher didn't seem to like me at all.

CHOASXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 CHOASXIII
Member since 2009 • 14716 Posts

[QUOTE="CHOASXIII"]

ferret-gamer

People need to take a different programming class like Java, before they try C or C++.

That's all they had when I went to the college I went to.

Avatar image for rpgs_shall_rule
rpgs_shall_rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 rpgs_shall_rule
Member since 2006 • 1943 Posts
IB Math HL. Dear god(s), our option is impossible. I just did a mock paper for our option. Turns out you only need 35/60 for a 7 (equivalent to a 96). I'm pretty sure I got less than 30/60.
Avatar image for thriteenthmonke
thriteenthmonke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 thriteenthmonke
Member since 2005 • 49823 Posts
Currently taking heat transfer and it's pretty hard.
Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#39 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

High School Chemistry... I had like a 65%, just barely passing, then struck a goldmine when the teacher called me retarted, andadministration raised my grade 9 points. Long story there, but a good one.

In college... Probably Aural Skills (Im a music major). I cant sight-read worth crap.

XileLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#40 XileLord
Member since 2007 • 3776 Posts

Science 10

1-2 hours of homework everyday and the course was absolutely packed so the teacher couldn't help everybody. I don't know how that course is in America but as somebody who is about a B average student and lives in Canada it was insanely difficult for me. I'm not sure if the course varies from province to province either but the teacher told us at the beginning of the semester that it had the most work out of all the highschool courses and that he didn't expect everybody to pass the first time.

I believe the ****average was around 55% and I ended up getting a 50% average with the work and had to pass the final exam to pass the course, which I did but barely. I'm now in Earth Science 11 and it's much easier, I'm getting A's and B's. It didn't help being 2 years behind in the course either due to not completing it the semester before so I forgot a lot of the concepts from science 9.

I'm supposed to be graduating this year too.....which I won't sadly.

argetlam00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 argetlam00
Member since 2006 • 6573 Posts

[QUOTE="CHOASXIII"]

ferret-gamer

Dude objects and multi-class programs that you gotta do in introductory programming in Java is way harder than the introductory course in C. I've already done C and its a joke in comparison to this crap im doing right now.

Right now im struggling with Digital Systems the most though. Its easy in the begining but Registers are really messed up.

zeldaluff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 zeldaluff
Member since 2008 • 3387 Posts

Probably Grade 12 chem. And not so much because of the actual work, but the teacher.However organic chemistry went right over my head. I tried and tried and tried to understand that but just...didn't.

Hemaneitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Hemaneitor
Member since 2009 • 185 Posts
Currently taking heat transfer and it's pretty hard. thriteenthmonke
Fundamentals of Heat Transfer, good scout! that class woopped my arse all over the place. By the end of the semester I had read; several times, almost ALL of Incropera's book of heat transfer; I kid you not. The only chapters I didn't have to study were the ones about mass transfer. Technically I did not pass that class, but last minute paper about finite difference method for transient analysis got me across that class. Never looked back since. In Flemeth's words: "It gets no easier, your struggles have just begun"
scottahuch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 scottahuch
Member since 2003 • 1580 Posts

Probably Grade 12 chem. And not so much because of the actual work, but the teacher.However organic chemistry went right over my head. I tried and tried and tried to understand that but just...didn't.

zeldaluff
I had the easiest chemistry teacher ever in grade 11 and 12. No homework, all work could be done in class. I'm pretty sure we only went through like half the content too, it really screwed me over for chemistry in University. Anyways, I had to drop Calculus 2. I've never dropped/failed anything before. I'm retaking it in the Spring. I'm also failing Physics right now... I feel awful about it (and the grades won't be curved :( )
superfluidity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 superfluidity
Member since 2010 • 2163 Posts

I enrolled in a single French class during college.

The very first week the professor started speaking to the class only in French. The first week, after having absolutely no prior knowledge of the language. Not only that, every day we had to get up in front of the class and have our skills tested, and there was a rediculous amount of homework, and a ton of lab work to do.

It was a general requirement, I had no intention of learning the language seriously. I dropped it the third week.

yachtboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 yachtboy
Member since 2003 • 1612 Posts
It is always funny how the hardest class for someone is often the easiest for someone else, and it almost always goes back to who is teaching it. TC history after 1877 was super easy for me and I ended up with a 98, but I bet there were other classes that you did great on and I got subpar simply because of who was teaching it. I never understood why uni think it is ok for one teacher to hand out A's like there is no tomorrow, and another teacher in the exact same course to say "A grade of C is average, B is great, and A is almost impossible" and yeah I have had two profs that took that second road. It is better to take summer classes than be stuck with a jerk like that for 4 months.
curono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#47 curono
Member since 2005 • 7722 Posts
Latin (memorize every declension from nouns and learn how to use it).... FUUUUU
DJChuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#48 DJChuy
Member since 2010 • 1851 Posts

Business Statistics and Taxation. What's bad about taxation (aside from the complicated rules) is that the professor doesn't really teach the course. She makes us read the chapters (which are roughly 60 pgs each) and do the homework on our own without any guidance. It sucks because there are so many rules to follow as to what you can deduct, how much of it you can actually deduct, and at what year it must be deducted, etc. (thanks a lot Congress!!)

gameguy6700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 gameguy6700
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts
Organic chemistry. Got a B- both semesters (lowest grade I've gotten in college, I usually get straight A's). By the end I didn't even care anymore, I just wanted out. Also, for everyone complaining about the reading load they have to do for history or philosophy, consider this: In my class on the cerebral cortex that I'm taking right now I've had an average of 300+ pages of reading per week. Keep in mind that's 300+ pages of reading on brain anatomy and function. Also the "per week" is a bit misleading. While the class meets weekly, the professor doesn't actually post the readings until about 4-5 days before class.
Bloodseeker23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#50 Bloodseeker23
Member since 2008 • 8338 Posts
Right now, Algebra II with some Trig. I hate it, hate it hate it. Though I suck at math so yeah, most classes I took is not hard nor easy, its just up to me whether I want to pass the class or not. Oh and Spanish comes 2nd. :P