Gun law loophole - Buy a gun at a gas station

This topic is locked from further discussion.

buccomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 buccomatic
Member since 2005 • 1941 Posts

Guns are so easily available to buy that you can actually get one at a gas station.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyeE6Yx9lYI

your thoughts? please watch the whole video before responding.

thanks.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44503 Posts

I'm a little more shocked a foreigner can buy a gun in the US than I am that they're being sold at a gas station.

buccomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 buccomatic

@lamprey263 said:

I'm a little more shocked a foreigner can buy a gun in the US than I am that they're being sold at a gas station.

did you watch the video?

the gun was bought at a gas station in canada, not kentucky.

Makhaidos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Makhaidos
Member since 2013 • 2162 Posts

@buccomatic said:

@lamprey263 said:

did you watch the video?

Canada should really work on that.

buccomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By buccomatic

@Makhaidos said:

@buccomatic said:

@lamprey263 said:

did you watch the video?

why? if buying a gun is that easy why make it harder??

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44503 Posts

@buccomatic said:

@lamprey263 said:

did you watch the video?

kinda watched it, had it on while watching TV I thought it was Kentucky; but now that makes sense

Makhaidos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Makhaidos

@buccomatic said:

@Makhaidos said:

@buccomatic said:

@lamprey263 said:

did you watch the video?

I don't think you understand your own question.

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts

I don't see the problem.

It's perfectly legal to privately sell guns; hell you don't even need to ID anyone. It's only against the law if you feel they're going to commit a crime, or know they're a convicted felon.

Oh, this is in Canada. Appears Canada, or that state/province does the same thing America does. If you want a full automatic assault rifle you get a class 3 weapons license, and head over to your local police/sheriff station for the Sheriff/chief of police to sign some paperwork.

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

if ever i am angrily planning to shoot someone in self-defense in the immediate future, it would be very useful to just be able to pick up a gun on the way

save a buck on gas (not to mention grams of CO2 emissions), and a few moments of time in a car (which is also unhealthy)

i guess im for it

buccomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 buccomatic

@Makhaidos said:

@buccomatic said:

@Makhaidos said:

@buccomatic said:

@lamprey263 said:

did you watch the video?

I don't think you understand your own question.

not sure i follow you train of thought. "canada should really work on that." are you saying canada should make it harder for people to buy a gun or easier? it seemed pretty easy with no hassle. so i think it's great for canadians and should be that way in america as well. after all we have the right to bear arms.

buccomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 buccomatic

@coolbeans90 said:

if ever i am angrily planning to shoot someone in self-defense in the immediate future, it would be very useful to just be able to pick up a gun on the way

save a buck on gas (not to mention grams of CO2 emissions), and a few moments of time in a car (which is also unhealthy)

i guess im for it

what if you're not angry and just want to buy a gun and go shoot it for fun like the guy in the video? seemed like he was having a good time and had no hassles while doing it. looks fun!

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@buccomatic said:

@lamprey263 said:

did you watch the video?

He specified in in the video and it's in the description. This would never happen in Canada

[quote]Ryan and Gun Noob head down to Louisville Kentucky to see just how easy it is to buy an IWI Tavor battle rifle in the United States.[/quote]

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Fightingfan

@buccomatic said:

@coolbeans90 said:

i guess im for it

what if you're not angry and just want to buy a gun and go shoot it for fun like the guy in the video? seemed like he was having a good time and had no hassles while doing it. looks fun!

If you honestly wanted to kill someone it's dumb to wait the 2-3 cooling off period.

Just go on Craig's list or your average flea market in small town USA.

buccomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 buccomatic

@Fightingfan said:

@buccomatic said:

@coolbeans90 said:

i guess im for it

If you honestly wanted to kill someone it's dumb to wait the 2-3 cooling off period.

no. good golly jeepers no! i said go shoot the gun for fun, not shoot the guy in the video with a gun.

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Fightingfan

@buccomatic said:

@Fightingfan said:

@buccomatic said:

@coolbeans90 said:

i guess im for it

no. good golly jeepers no! i said go shoot the gun for fun, not shoot the guy in the video with a gun.

Oh, ha :P

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

@buccomatic said:

@coolbeans90 said:

i guess im for it

im always angry and im not that pussy in the video

i am a man

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#17  Edited By whipassmt
Member since 2007 • 15375 Posts

Does any one else see a random "ted" that's popping up between some posts?

Who is ted?

Makhaidos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Makhaidos

@whipassmt said:

Does any one else see a random "ted" that's popping up between some posts?

Who is ted?

Ted's my thunder buddy!

buccomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By buccomatic

@thegerg said:

@lamprey263: Should ones nationality really have bearing on their right to own a gun?

i think everyone should have the right to personal property and that includes the right to bear arms. we should make it mandatory that everyone in the whole world has the right to own guns.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

@buccomatic said:

@thegerg said:

@lamprey263: Should ones nationality really have bearing on their right to own a gun?

i think everyone should have the right to personal property and that includes the right to bear arms. we should make it mandatory that everyone in the whole world has the right to own guns.

What about a paranoid schizophrenic who has a history of violence? Should he have the right to own guns?

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts

@buccomatic said:

@worlock77 said:

@buccomatic said:

@thegerg said:

What about a paranoid schizophrenic who has a history of violence? Should he have the right to own guns?

sure, everyone has the right. but really he/she should be in a mental hospital instead. the real problem is that if we had to lock up all the schizo's then the libs would all be behind bars. hey, not a bad idea come to think of it...

Sounds like a good way to protect peoples' rights.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#27  Edited By Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

I want to buy a gun.

GamingTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By GamingTitan
Member since 2004 • 657 Posts

I won't be happy until there is a drive through gun store. Whats with having to get out of your car to buy your gun? cmon now~

chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 chrisrooR
Member since 2007 • 9027 Posts

@roulettethedog said:

How terrible all the people in the U.S. being shot because of these guns. OH WAIT. This is Canada. Do you mean that the murder problem in the U.S.A. is not caused by guns?? NAW Banning guns will solve all of America's problems.

Honestly, two things here. Firstly, being Canadian, I've NEVER seen anything like this in Canada before. I've been to plenty of gas stations, and I've never EVER seen a 'gun room', so I question the legality of this whole thing.

Second, to say that guns aren't part of the problem is ignorant. The real problem is a combination of access to guns and your lax attitude toward guns. Most Canadians I know, even with guns being extremely accessible, have no real desire to own one for personal protection(unless they live up north and use it for hunting). Our social environment, for the most part, is so nonviolent, it's seen as a huge waste of money.

Just because you have the right to own something doesn't necessarily mean you should own one.

buccomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 buccomatic

@chrisrooR said:

@roulettethedog said:

How terrible all the people in the U.S. being shot because of these guns. OH WAIT. This is Canada. Do you mean that the murder problem in the U.S.A. is not caused by guns?? NAW Banning guns will solve all of America's problems.

Honestly, two things here. Firstly, being Canadian, I've NEVER seen anything like this in Canada before. I've been to plenty of gas stations, and I've never EVER seen a 'gun room', so I question the legality of this whole thing.

Second, to say that guns aren't part of the problem is ignorant. The real problem is a combination of access to guns and your lax attitude toward guns. Most Canadians I know, even with guns being extremely accessible, have no real desire to own one for personal protection(unless they live up north and use it for hunting). Our social environment, for the most part, is so nonviolent, it's seen as a huge waste of money.

Just because you have the right to own something doesn't necessarily mean you should own one.

@GamingTitan said:

I won't be happy until there is a drive through gun store. Whats with having to get out of your car to buy your gun? cmon now~

i like that idea.

quick, hassle free and an easy way to quickly arm the public to the teeth. sounds like a good way to keep a nation strong and ready to repel any invasion.

pbird18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#32  Edited By pbird18
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

@Fightingfan: that's not how it works in Canada. You need an RPAL, Restricted Possession and Acquisition License, and you have to apply to the Chief Firearms Officer for your province for a Authorization To Transport certificate AND be a good standing member at an approved gun range. Everything takes time...legally

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#33 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

@buccomatic said:

Guns are so easily available to buy that you can actually get one at a gas station.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyeE6Yx9lYI

your thoughts? please watch the whole video before responding.

thanks.

Ya I know. My little town has an actual gun shop in the gas station lol. Its awesome. It's like the real Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms. lol.