Gun control....seriously?

• 176 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#101 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts
well, he could have stabbed his girlfriend... then we wouldn't be a step closer to stopping the loss of life, could be they had problems regardless of weapons, could be his behavior is more tried to issues of traumatic brain injuries for NFL players, too early to blame this on guns, especially with a single murder and then suicide, it would be a different story if he went on a rampage with an assault rifle and shot dozens of people, then you could make this a gun control issue
Avatar image for CreasianDevaili
CreasianDevaili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 CreasianDevaili
Member since 2005 • 4429 Posts
Dosen't the man who shot his father in the head with a bow and arrow, then stabbed himself to death, kind of bring home that if someone is doing a crime of passion they will use whatever means they want? Okay so he shot his father in the head, stabbed himself, went and stabbed his father and finished himself off. If he had a gun there of been a lot less suffering!
Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#103 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

no the best possible solution is to give everyone guns because then theyll just shoot at bad guys and stuff

what could go wrong?

Aljosa23
+1
redstorm72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#104 redstorm72
Member since 2008 • 4646 Posts

[QUOTE="redstorm72"] assualt rifles (even if they are only semi-automatic)Verge_6
Please stop this, people.

Haha, your now the second person to completely ignore the majoirty of my post to instead focus on a small and completely irrelevant semantic error. If it makes you feel better, I meant "assualt weapon" (even though "semi automaitc assualt rifle" is pretty much axactly what an assualt weapon is).

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#105 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

[QUOTE="Verge_6"][QUOTE="redstorm72"] assualt rifles (even if they are only semi-automatic)redstorm72

Please stop this, people.

Haha, your now the second person to completely ignore the majoirty of my post to instead focus on a small and completely irrelevant semantic error. If it makes you feel better, I meant "assualt weapon" (even though "semi automaitc assualt rifle" is pretty much axactly what an assualt weapon is).

Define "assualt weapons" for me.

redstorm72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 redstorm72

[QUOTE="redstorm72"]

[QUOTE="Verge_6"] Please stop this, people.Wasdie

Define "assualt weapons" for me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assault_weapon

Kamekazi_69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Kamekazi_69
Member since 2006 • 4704 Posts

More gun threads?

Well the good news is guns are not going anywhere anytime soon from the hands of citizens. I think we need to enforce more gun freedom, and proper gun education

Kamekazi_69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Kamekazi_69

[QUOTE="rastotm"]

America needs to change massively about their mentality on guns before gun control or even a ban is possible. It should be a hobbyist thing, this buying guns for your safety illusion need to get adressed.

67gt500

The Right to Bear Arms wasnt intended for the people to ensure their personal safety -- it was intended as a means for the citizenry to overthrow a rogue government

But people do not understand that. This whole "We are living in modern times, give up your gun" mentality I do not agree with. People behave like the possibility of dictatorships, or corruption within the political system is extinct. The possibility of tyrannical governments are greater than ever. sadly the only way to defeat a government is to outgun it or be in a position of higher power (Having a gun for example). Guns will always be present, the question is, who will obtain the gun?
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts

, I meant "assualt weapon" (even though "semi automaitc assualt rifle" is pretty much axactly what an assualt weapon is)redstorm72

So you meant an incredibly vague, inconsistent political term (defined as such in said link, which is a huge red-flag in and of itself) that's used to sell regulations. I think you were just as well off using the "completely irrelevant semantic error". A "semi automatic assault rifle" is as much a contradiction as a communist fascist. What's particularly amusing about the term "assault weapon" in the wikilink you posted is the "designed for rapidly firing at human targets from close range," part. My WASR-10/63 was importing for sporting purposes (and is listed as such with the BATFE). It functions exactly as the rifle below it, the VEPR hunting rifle, with hardly any differences in operation and performance.

VPR-101.jpg

However, I'm sure your "assault weapon" definition would define the former as an evil tool of death and destruction, while the latter is A-OK. This is because it's hilariously dependent on cosmetics, and that's what you're basing your fear on. You're not concerned of the slew of semi-auto hunting weapons that tens of thousands of hunters like your father use because they don't look scary.

I highly advise watching this.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

The founding fathers created the 2nd amendment for the event that if another American revolution were to happen. The citizens would be armed and ready.DJ419

No, they didn't. As the "Whiskey Rebellion" of 1791 proves, the Founding Fathers, right from the start, were perfectly willing to violently put down armed insurrection.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

lol cowboys :P

Kamekazi_69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Kamekazi_69

[QUOTE="redstorm72"], I meant "assualt weapon" (even though "semi automaitc assualt rifle" is pretty much axactly what an assualt weapon is)Verge_6

So you meant an incredibly vague, inconsistent political term (defined as such in said link, which is a huge red-flag in and of itself) that's used to sell regulations. I think you were just as well off using the "completely irrelevant semantic error". A "semi automatic assault rifle" is as much a contradiction as a communist fascist. What's particularly amusing about the term "assault weapon" in the wikilink you posted is the "designed for rapidly firing at human targets from close range," part. My WASR-10/63 was importing for sporting purposes (and is listed as such with the BATFE). It functions exactly as the rifle below it, the VEPR hunting rifle, with hardly any differences in operation and performance.

VPR-101.jpg

However, I'm sure your "assault weapon" definition would define the former as an evil tool of death and destruction, while the latter is A-OK. This is because it's hilariously dependent on cosmetics, and that's what you're basing your fear on. You're not concerned of the slew of semi-auto hunting weapons that tens of thousands of hunters like your father use because they don't look scary.

I highly advise watching this.

That's because "assault weapon" is the new terror word politicians like to throw out to scare the public into believing more dribble. you know the usual.
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 worlock77

[QUOTE="rastotm"]

America needs to change massively about their mentality on guns before gun control or even a ban is possible. It should be a hobbyist thing, this buying guns for your safety illusion need to get adressed.

67gt500

The Right to Bear Arms wasnt intended for the people to ensure their personal safety -- it was intended as a means for the citizenry to overthrow a rogue government

No. Again, see "Whiskey Rebellion" of 1791.

Slayer_of_Bugs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Slayer_of_Bugs
Member since 2012 • 123 Posts
Relevant
Slayer_of_Bugs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Slayer_of_Bugs
[QUOTE="Slayer_of_Bugs"]Have you read the constitution? 2nd amendment. Fightingfan
I don't think the founding fathers had any idea that submachine guns or assault rifles would be invented; that doctrine is too old to use as a defense.

Please the above picture.
Kamekazi_69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Kamekazi_69
[QUOTE="Slayer_of_Bugs"]Relevant

Is that Piers Morgan? Man that guy is such a turd. Bro fist Slayer.
Slayer_of_Bugs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Slayer_of_Bugs
Excellent idea. We should get rid of all guns just like we got rid of all drugs. No one does drugs anymore. senses_fail_06
lolol
Slayer_of_Bugs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Slayer_of_Bugs
[QUOTE="Aljosa23"]

no the best possible solution is to give everyone guns because then theyll just shoot at bad guys and stuff

what could go wrong?

blue_hazy_basic
+1

If concealed to carry was allowed in that Colorado town, I'd bet that not as many people would've died.
-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 -Sun_Tzu-
Member since 2007 • 17384 Posts
[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="Aljosa23"]

what could go wrong?

Slayer_of_Bugs
+1

If concealed to carry was allowed in that Colorado town, I'd bet that not as many people would've died.

Yeah because what could go wrong with multiple people firing guns in a dark, smoke filled theater.
Kamekazi_69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Kamekazi_69
[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"][QUOTE="Slayer_of_Bugs"][QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"] +1

Yeah because what could go wrong with multiple people firing guns in a dark, smoke filled theater.

Dark, but visible. and I rather have someone pull out a concealed gun and fire at the "suspected" mass murderer than put my life on help that never came,..like the police.
-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 -Sun_Tzu-
[QUOTE="Kamekazi_69"][QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"][QUOTE="Slayer_of_Bugs"] If concealed to carry was allowed in that Colorado town, I'd bet that not as many people would've died.

Dark, but visible. and I rather have someone pull out a concealed gun and fire at the "suspected" mass murderer than put my life on help that never came,..like the police.

And how do you know who this mass murderer is during a spontaneous firefight?
Slayer_of_Bugs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Slayer_of_Bugs
[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"][QUOTE="Kamekazi_69"][QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"] Yeah because what could go wrong with multiple people firing guns in a dark, smoke filled theater.

He's standing at the front of the theater wearing a flak vest and mask?
redstorm72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 redstorm72

[QUOTE="redstorm72"], I meant "assualt weapon" (even though "semi automaitc assualt rifle" is pretty much axactly what an assualt weapon is)Verge_6

Umm, ok? I was just using "assualt weapons" (or whatever the f*** you want to call them) as an example of an excessively dangerous weapon that is complete overkill for "protecting" your home and family. I would suggest regulations on any weapon that can gun down a dozen people in seconds. I still don't understand why you have such a stick up your rear about my word usage when it really had nothing to do with what I was saying.

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 -Sun_Tzu-
[QUOTE="Slayer_of_Bugs"][QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"][QUOTE="Kamekazi_69"] Dark, but visible. and I rather have someone pull out a concealed gun and fire at the "suspected" mass murderer than put my life on help that never came,..like the police.

Everyone else in the theater was in costume as well. How do you know that he is the only shooter? How many people can even see the initial shooter in the front of the theater? When bullets from multiple shooters start flying around in a chaotic, densely packed, dark, smoke-filled theater there is a high probability that things will get out of hand, especially when you're talking about civilians who are probably not sufficiently trained to effectively deal with the situation.
Slayer_of_Bugs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Slayer_of_Bugs

[QUOTE="Verge_6"]

[QUOTE="redstorm72"], I meant "assualt weapon" (even though "semi automaitc assualt rifle" is pretty much axactly what an assualt weapon is)redstorm72

Umm, ok? I was just using "assualt weapons" (or whatever the f*** you want to call them) as an example of an excessively dangerous weapon that is complete overkill for "protecting" your home and family. I would suggest regulations on any weapon that can gun down a dozen people in seconds. I still don't understand why you have such a stick up your rear about my word usage when it really had nothing to do with what I was saying.

' Is an assault rifle really overkill for protecting your home if you're under attack by 5 men who are armed with assault rifles themselves?
Kamekazi_69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Kamekazi_69
[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"][QUOTE="Kamekazi_69"][QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"] Yeah because what could go wrong with multiple people firing guns in a dark, smoke filled theater.

A man in riot gear doesn't simply walk into the movie theater, goes to the front, and fire off a weapon into the air after throwing a smoke canister. Smoke takes awhile to spread. So what is your plan on a situation like this? because if its something I blame, its certainly not guns.
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 worlock77

[QUOTE="Kamekazi_69"][QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"] Yeah because what could go wrong with multiple people firing guns in a dark, smoke filled theater. -Sun_Tzu-

Dumb question. The "fog of war" isn't real.

Slayer_of_Bugs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Slayer_of_Bugs
[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"][QUOTE="Slayer_of_Bugs"][QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"] And how do you know who this mass murderer is during a spontaneous firefight?

Everyone else in the theater was in costume as well. How do you know that he is the only shooter? How many people can even see the initial shooter in the front of the theater? When bullets from multiple shooters start flying around in a chaotic, densely packed, dark, smoke-filled theater there is a high probability that things will get out of hand, especially when you're talking about civilians who are probably not sufficiently trained to effectively deal with the situation.

I know that several of the people in the theater who were shot and killed were in the military. Either way, we could argue the hypothetical outcome all day.....
redstorm72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 redstorm72

[QUOTE="redstorm72"]

[QUOTE="Verge_6"]

Slayer_of_Bugs

' Is an assault rifle really overkill for protecting your home if you're under attack by 5 men who are armed with assault rifles themselves?

What if they are armed with rocket lauchers? Should everyone be allowed to own rocket lauchers?

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#131 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15564 Posts

I have flipped through the last 5 pages of the OT section and have seen every topic but this one. I thought there would definitely be a topic like this since the news of the Chiefs Jovan Belcher's murder-suicide incident.

During the Dallas/Philly game yesterday, an NBC reporter used halftime to pretty much explain how a ban on guns would have prevented this incident, and prevent many murder/homicides to come.

I really don't care either way, but many people's arguments for anti-gun ban was the fact that if Belcher wouldn't have had a gun, he would have stabbed, strangled, hung, ran over with a car etc...I think that's ****.

My take on it is that if there were no guns, Belcher and his girlfriend would still be alive today. Most stabbings, hangings, running over with cars, andchokings take a lot more time, thought and not so easy in a "heat of the moment" episode. With guns, just point and click. It's over. Gun crimes are a lot less intimate. With a knife, you have to get up close and in the persons face. Any time between picking up the knife and walking into the next room to where your victim is can be a deterrence, a redefining moment to where one might cool off or decide maybe homicide is a bad idea.

Bottom line, if there were no guns, you can be sure as **** there would be less homicide and suicides.

<3

0mega3FattyAcid

Let me guess, you've seen in movies that guns are 1 hit 1 kill weapons and therefore in real life they must be more lethal than being stabbed or bludgeoned. More often than not people don't die from bullet wounds, even when they are hit in vital organs. You also assume that people in a state of extreme instability would suddenly reason themselves out of a killing in the 10 feet saved in a gun shooting. Like a man bent on murder/suicide decides that it isn't worth it because he might have to put some effort into it.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 tenaka2

Is an assault rifle really overkill for protecting your home if you're under attack by 5 men who are armed with assault rifles themselves? Slayer_of_Bugs

Was wondering how long it would take for the 'House Invasion' post lol.

People will be under the impression that all homes in the u.s. get invaded twice a year.

CHROMEFLAMIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 CHROMEFLAMIN
Member since 2005 • 1902 Posts

If you set a gun down on the table and it sits for a thousnad years nothing will happen. Once someone picks it up it's a whole different scenario. The real issue isn't about guns, it's about what others think is best for there fellow human beings and that's a freedom I'm certianly not willing to give up.

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 -Sun_Tzu-
[QUOTE="Kamekazi_69"][QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"][QUOTE="Kamekazi_69"] Dark, but visible. and I rather have someone pull out a concealed gun and fire at the "suspected" mass murderer than put my life on help that never came,..like the police.

A man in riot gear doesn't simply walk into the movie theater, goes to the front, and fire off a weapon into the air after throwing a smoke canister. Smoke takes awhile to spread. So what is your plan on a situation like this? because if its something I blame, its certainly not guns.

This was the premier to the new Batman movie. This guy had already been able to walk into the theater inconspicuously because most people were also dressed up in similar attire. As for what my plan would be, there's really not much you can do but take cover, try to get out and hope for the best. There's really not much more that could be done without further escalating the situation.
Socialist696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#135 Socialist696
Member since 2012 • 558 Posts
Assault rifles are easy to get. AK's around here in FL (illegal) go for $80 easily if you know people. Gun laws won't prevent anything in a country so full of firearms that its not even being passed around officially or legally anymore. I know numerous people with MULTIPLE firearms, some automatic, most of whom aren't even of age to own them that have gotten them through family/illegally/theft... But than again this is FL.
Kamekazi_69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Kamekazi_69
[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"][QUOTE="Kamekazi_69"][QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"] And how do you know who this mass murderer is during a spontaneous firefight?

This was the premier to the new Batman movie. This guy had already been able to walk into the theater inconspicuously because most people were also dressed up in similar attire. As for what my plan would be, there's really not much you can do but take cover, try to get out and hope for the best. There's really not much more that could be done without further escalating the situation.

Sure in general you could run and hope for the best. Even some testimonies say they thought it was a prank, but the instigation was the moment he fired the gun into the air. I respect your opinion, but I would take my chances with a gun, or someone else with a gun. That "No guns allowed" in the movie theater wasn't enough to stop him.
Slayer_of_Bugs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Slayer_of_Bugs
[QUOTE="Kamekazi_69"][QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"][QUOTE="Kamekazi_69"] A man in riot gear doesn't simply walk into the movie theater, goes to the front, and fire off a weapon into the air after throwing a smoke canister. Smoke takes awhile to spread. So what is your plan on a situation like this? because if its something I blame, its certainly not guns.

Sure in general you could run and hope for the best. Even some testimonies say they thought it was a prank, but the instigation was the moment he fired the gun into the air. I respect your opinion, but I would take my chances with a gun, or someone else with a gun. That "No guns allowed" in the movie theater wasn't enough to stop him.

yeah if I was in that theater I would have preferred that someone or myself had a gun and was shooting back at him rather than sitting there helplessly.
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 worlock77

[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"][QUOTE="Kamekazi_69"] A man in riot gear doesn't simply walk into the movie theater, goes to the front, and fire off a weapon into the air after throwing a smoke canister. Smoke takes awhile to spread. So what is your plan on a situation like this? because if its something I blame, its certainly not guns.Kamekazi_69

I know if I had been in that theater I definately would have been comforted by my wife getting shot by some would-be John Wayne who thinks he's firing at the shooter.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 tenaka2

[QUOTE="Kamekazi_69"][QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"] This was the premier to the new Batman movie. This guy had already been able to walk into the theater inconspicuously because most people were also dressed up in similar attire. As for what my plan would be, there's really not much you can do but take cover, try to get out and hope for the best. There's really not much more that could be done without further escalating the situation. Slayer_of_Bugs

yeah if I was in that theater I would have preferred that someone or myself had a gun and was shooting back at him rather than sitting there helplessly.

Wouldn't you be happier if he didn't have the guns in the first place?

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#140 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

The second admendment is there to protect ourselves from tyranny......and douchebags.

There will be no ban on guns in America ever. I honestly believe if more "decent" people had guns, and were allowed to protect themselves and others without a penalty, there would be less crazy douchebags running around shooting everyone and everything.

Slayer_of_Bugs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Slayer_of_Bugs

[QUOTE="Slayer_of_Bugs"][QUOTE="Kamekazi_69"] Sure in general you could run and hope for the best. Even some testimonies say they thought it was a prank, but the instigation was the moment he fired the gun into the air. I respect your opinion, but I would take my chances with a gun, or someone else with a gun. That "No guns allowed" in the movie theater wasn't enough to stop him. tenaka2

Wouldn't you be happier if he didn't have the guns in the first place?

Sure but I don't think that's realistic
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 worlock77

The second admendment is there to protect ourselves from tyranny......and douchebags.

There will be no ban on guns in America ever. I honestly believe if more "decent" people had guns, and were allowed to protect themselves and others without a penalty, there would be less crazy douchebags running around shooting everyone and everything.

ristactionjakso

I don't. I've seen too many "decent" people with legal guns who don't know the first thing about responsible ownership and use of guns.

Kamekazi_69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Kamekazi_69

[QUOTE="ristactionjakso"]

worlock77

I don't. I've seen too many "decent" people with legal guns who don't know the first thing about responsible ownership and use of guns.

Well I know men who are responsible gun owners. They are Family men, educated men, never been in any legal trouble, and collect weapons. So whats your point?
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 worlock77

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

Kamekazi_69

Well I know men who are responsible gun owners. They are Family men, educated men, never been in any legal trouble, and collect weapons. So whats your point?

As do I, so what is your point? Mine was pretty straighforward.

Kamekazi_69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 Kamekazi_69

[QUOTE="Kamekazi_69"][QUOTE="worlock77"]

worlock77

As do I, so what is your point? Mine was pretty straighforward.

Mine as well. So I guess we are back on where we started.
Socialist696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#146 Socialist696
Member since 2012 • 558 Posts
[QUOTE="worlock77"]

Kamekazi_69

I don't think those men are the men in question. Clearly..
Kamekazi_69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Kamekazi_69
[QUOTE="Kamekazi_69"][QUOTE="worlock77"]

Socialist696

Obviously, and other people telling them how, and if they can and can't defend themselves because one nutcase got trigger happy is simply not right.
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 worlock77

[QUOTE="Socialist696"][QUOTE="Kamekazi_69"] Well I know men who are responsible gun owners. They are Family men, educated men, never been in any legal trouble, and collect weapons. So whats your point? Kamekazi_69

Obviously, and other people telling them how, and if they can and can't defend themselves because one nutcase got trigger happy is simply not right.

And where have I done so?

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#149 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

There is no feasible way to remove guns from America. It's too engrained in our culture. The only thing that would come from an attempt would be removing guns from the hands of lawful owners and leaving them with the criminals.

Also, the way to fix gun violence isn't to punish lawful owners.

sexyweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#150 sexyweapons
Member since 2009 • 5302 Posts

There is no feasible way to remove guns from America. It's too engrained in our culture. The only thing that would come from an attempt would be removing guns from the hands of lawful owners and leaving them with the criminals.

Also, the way to fix gun violence isn't to punish lawful owners.

airshocker

This

the only people that are punished by strict gun laws are lawful gun owners.