GSN::X1 Presenter Humiliated Me on Stage, Says Transgender Journalist.

• 101 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

a dude dresses like a woman and is shocked people make fun of him LOL

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Jakandsigz
Member since 2013 • 6341 Posts

a dude dresses like a woman and is shocked people make fun of him LOL

Flubbbs
Here comes another 4+ pages.
Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#54 deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

This seems like attention whore behaviour.foxhound_fox

What gave it away? The Rainbow Dash hair or the animal ears?

dominer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 dominer
Member since 2005 • 3316 Posts

She's most def lying about this incident but the gaming community still has childish issues with transgender people.

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#56 deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

She's most def lying about this incident but the gaming community still has childish issues with transgender people.

dominer

I doubt the gaming community gives much thought to the issue actually. Despite the attempts of certain websites and editors to stir up controversy.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

if your born a man, your a man.  sorry.  he was right calling him a "he".  but "it" is pretty insulting.

kingoflife9

that's not true

also, it's "you're" 

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#59 The-Apostle
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts
That's a guy, not a women, I don't see a problem.bobaban
I don't see the problem either.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#60 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

Why do you keep referring to this person as "she"? It's he, trans, or person.bobaban
Grow up

MuD3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 MuD3
Member since 2011 • 2192 Posts
i fail to see how she caused it... because she is considered different by the majority of people she has to hide and any shit she gets is her fault for being there?
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 LJS9502_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 178837 Posts

dominer
Gaming community? You say that as though games aren't mainstream. And I doubt most people give much thought to the issue TBH....
m25105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 m25105
Member since 2010 • 3135 Posts
Lol, this thread is going to be fun to read.
TacticaI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 TacticaI
Member since 2006 • 1363 Posts

She's getting called out as a liar left right and centre on twitter. One of her most recent tweets said she'd asked Kotaku to take the story down and they refused; they immediately re-tweeted that nobody on their staff have had any contact from her at all. Sounds like an idiot who got more attention than they expected to be honest. I find all the utterly unnecessary hate comments she's getting just as annoying as the 'BE BRAVE! NO TO HATE SPEECH!" comments, when it looks an awful lot like this guy didn't do much of anything wrong at all.Ninja-Hippo
Gotta love Twitter. 

I doubt the gaming community gives much thought to the issue actually. Despite the attempts of certain websites and editors to stir up controversy.

Storm_Marine

No ****ing kidding, you can say that again.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By LadyBlue
Member since 2012 • 4943 Posts

Not surprised it's MS after all.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 lostrib

Not surprised. It was a MS event after all. It's easy to be polite. Just call her a she, and problem solved...

Pete-B

what if he couldn't tell?

mexicangordo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 mexicangordo
Member since 2005 • 8687 Posts

[QUOTE="Pete-B"]

Not surprised. It was a MS event after all. It's easy to be polite. Just call her a she, and problem solved...

lostrib

You have got to be kidding me....

Seriously, some people's reading comprehension skills are that of a 3rd grader.  Let alone common sense... She clearly is not making this an "MS you suck its your fault issue,"  that is absolutely terrible what happened to her.  The fact that there's such a huge vocal force going against her for what happened speaks rounds to peoples ignorance on transgender issues.  

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 lostrib

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="Pete-B"]

mexicangordo

I seriously, some people's reading comprehension skills are that of a 3rd grader.  Let alone common sense... She clearly is not making this an "MS you suck its your fault issue,"  that is absolutely terrible what happened to her.  The fact that there's such a huge vocal force going against her for what happened speaks rounds to peoples ignorance on transgender issues.  

Well we don't know how she was dressed or appeared at the event.  There appears to be no video or audio evidence of the event to back up her story, and the comedian on stage admits to making a mistake by saying "this person" but that he never called her "it" or "thing" or in any way made fun of her for being transgender.  

DevilMightCry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#69 DevilMightCry
Member since 2007 • 3554 Posts
F*** it...
chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 chrisrooR
Member since 2007 • 9027 Posts

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="Pete-B"]

mexicangordo

I seriously, some people's reading comprehension skills are that of a 3rd grader.  Let alone common sense... She clearly is not making this an "MS you suck its your fault issue,"  that is absolutely terrible what happened to her.  The fact that there's such a huge vocal force going against her for what happened speaks rounds to peoples ignorance on transgender issues.  

There are plenty of people that feel sympathetic to her situation. But it's also foolish to think everybody's going to be nice and courteous to you, and that nobody's going to mention the elephant in the room (especially a comedian). The world is an offensive place, and it seems like this is a case where she's exaggerating the situation for attention.
LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By LadyBlue

lostrib

They must be blind.

Chrypt22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#72 Chrypt22
Member since 2005 • 1387 Posts

You put on a fake wig, have man hands and an adams apple... I'm going to be confused too.  Im just going to call you what you look like... if you look like you have a cock I am going to call you a dude and visa versa.  I just dont care about the political correctness eggshell game anymore... be offended... or dont... I really dont care.    

mexicangordo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 mexicangordo

[QUOTE="mexicangordo"]

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

lostrib

Well we don't know how she was dressed or appeared at the event.  There appears to be no video or audio evidence of the event to back up her story, and the comedian on stage admits to making a mistake by saying "this person" but that he never called her "it" or "thing" or in any way made fun of her for being transgender.  

Well yea, this is strictly a topic on something that claimed to happen just like when people post some sort of "scientific fact," on these boards and open a discussion about it.  Its not a surfaced layered issue, its a problem that runs very deep.  I mean lets say it is "fake,"  does that justify everyone's reaction to her issue?  What if it is real, would that all of a sudden change your opinion...Most likely not.  

The same reaction is there regardless if its real or fake...

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 lostrib

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="Pete-B"]

Pete-B

Then he's blind. I mean take a look at the chest area in the picture.

do we know that's how she went to the convention? Or she could easily be mistaken as a man dressed as a My Little Pony

mexicangordo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 mexicangordo

[QUOTE="mexicangordo"]

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

chrisrooR

There are plenty of people that feel sympathetic to her situation. But it's also foolish to think everybody's going to be nice and courteous to you, and that nobody's going to mention the elephant in the room (especially a comedian). The world is an offensive place, and it seems like this is a case where she's exaggerating the situation for attention.

I still fail to understand how that justifies anything.  I still fail to see why someones even trying to justify anything.  You are basically saying, "Ya it was wrong...but she shouldn't have been there in the first place."   What logic is that, how is that even ok? 

Of course there are plenty of people who disagree with her but we are all adults.  No need to harass, or abuse another person for not sharing the same values.  That is called discrimination for a reason...

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 lostrib

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="mexicangordo"] You have got to be kidding me....

mexicangordo

Well yea, this is strictly a topic on something that claimed to happen just like when people post some sort of "scientific fact," on these boards and open a discussion about it.  Its not a surfaced layered issue, its a problem that runs very deep.  I mean lets say it is "fake,"  does that justify everyone's reaction to her issue?  What if it is real, would that all of a sudden change your opinion...Most likely not.  

actually it would.  If the comedian really referred to her as an "it" then yes it is terribly offensive.  But as of now I'm not going to try to demonize the comedian, nor the girl.  But there is nothing except her tweets.  And earlier in the thread someone posted comments from the comedian where he explained his side, and he admits to making a mistake but nothing as awful as the girl claims

mexicangordo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 mexicangordo

[QUOTE="mexicangordo"]

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

lostrib

actually it would.  If the comedian really referred to her as an "it" then yes it is terribly offensive.  But as of now I'm not going to try to demonize the comedian, nor the girl.  But there is nothing except her tweets.  And earlier in the thread someone posted comments from the comedian where he explained his side, and he admits to making a mistake but nothing as awful as the girl claims

I havn't even brought up the comedian...Again, I am talking about something far bigger than that. She clearly made that comment too when she said the discrimination she faces as a trans person.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 lostrib

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="mexicangordo"] Well yea, this is strictly a topic on something that claimed to happen just like when people post some sort of "scientific fact," on these boards and open a discussion about it.  Its not a surfaced layered issue, its a problem that runs very deep.  I mean lets say it is "fake,"  does that justify everyone's reaction to her issue?  What if it is real, would that all of a sudden change your opinion...Most likely not.  

mexicangordo

I havn't even brought up the comedian...Again, I am talking about something far bigger than that. She clearly made that comment too when she said the discrimination she faces as a trans person.

The comedian is important since like half her tweets are an attack on him, and you originally responded to a comment about the comedian

And if you or she is surprised that people on the internet are rude and insulting, especially to those that are "different," then you're just naive

chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 chrisrooR
Member since 2007 • 9027 Posts

[QUOTE="chrisrooR"][QUOTE="mexicangordo"] You have got to be kidding me....

mexicangordo

I still fail to understand how that justifies anything.  I still fail to see why someones even trying to justify anything.  You are basically saying, "Ya it was wrong...but she shouldn't have been there in the first place."   What logic is that, how is that even ok? 

Of course there are plenty of people who disagree with her but we are all adults.  No need to harass, or abuse another person for not sharing the same values.  That is called discrimination for a reason...

I'm not saying it was justified. I'm saying that there are going to be people who are going to harass you, or verbally abuse you for not sharing the same values. You should expect it. Especially people who throw themselves into the public spotlight (critics, movie stars, singers...etc). If you can't handle people being verbally abusive to you, you need to handle it. Are you going to turn around and try to make everyone all happy, loving and fun with one another whenever someone is saying something that offends you? Do you go to comedy shows and yell out "that's not funny! You're making fun of people!" The world's offensive, and really doesn't give a shit about being 'nice' at all times. It doesn't justify the behaviour, but it's the reality of the situation we're all in.
m25105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 m25105
Member since 2010 • 3135 Posts
Raise your hand if you've watched Eddie Murphy's Raw and didn't get butt hurt over it. *raises hand* Society today is too PC.
The_Power_of_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 The_Power_of_X
Member since 2013 • 563 Posts

Oh god. :lol:

GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 GD1551
Member since 2011 • 9645 Posts

He had no business going up there when they asked for more females. He brought that upon himself.

Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#84 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts
To me he just looked to be crossdressing and wearing a silly wig.
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

it was a comedian named fraiser millward didja maybe think you were going to run into a guy with some things to work through?

his name... is fraiser.... milward... if you think being a transvestite is hard try dealing with that shyt for a day.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By LadyBlue

[QUOTE="Pete-B"]

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

lostrib

Puhlease! theres no hiding those knockers.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 lostrib

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="Pete-B"]

Pete-B

do we know that's how she went to the convention? Or she could easily be mistaken as a man dressed as a My Little Pony

do you even know if they're real?  Once again, there needs to be more evidence to understand exactly what happened at this event

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 WhiteKnight77
Member since 2003 • 12605 Posts

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="Pete-B"]

Pete-B

I looked at the only picture of the offended and it looks like a man with a colored wig with a stuffed shirt. I could barely make it out if there were breasts there, just like the size font you are using. You really need to use a larger font size so people do not have to use other methods to read what you are writing. 

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts

I personally think that every person should have the right to not be physically harmed, and the right to have an opportunity for success, but I don't think that anyone has the right to not be offended. PC for the lose.

Jolt_counter119

Oh come on! I'm not the most PC guy myself, I think my post history make that pretty clear, but making fun of her for being transgender in front of all those people is a mean and pathetic thing to do.

People don't just wake up one morning and say to themselves "I want a sex change!". There's a very good chance this person went through a lot of suffering before she decided to take the plunge and got a sex change. Gender identity disorder is a widely accepted condition, and because of this I feel having a sex change and becoming a "transgender" can be considered treatment for this condition. I'm sure you'd agree making fun of people for having some disorder is unacceptable, so why make the exception in this case?

As for the whole he/she/it debate -- Why not just use the pronoun which the person likes to be referred to by? Do people really feel so strongly about this issue that they're willing to upset people over it? I'm all for speaking my mind regardless of who's feelings I hurt (as long as I believe I'm right), but this seems like such a petty issue that it's simply not worth all the angst it causes.

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts

I'm just going to leave this here. Pretty much sums up my thoughts on political correctness. Photojamejame
If you know anything about Stephen Fry, then I wouldn't need to tell you how he'd feel about you using his quote in this context...

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

[QUOTE="Jolt_counter119"]

I personally think that every person should have the right to not be physically harmed, and the right to have an opportunity for success, but I don't think that anyone has the right to not be offended. PC for the lose.

PernicioEnigma

Oh come on! I'm not the most PC guy myself, I think my post history make that pretty clear, but making fun of her for being transgender in front of all those people is a mean and pathetic thing to do. People don't just wake up one morning and say to themselves "I want a sex change!". There's a very good chance this person went through a lot of suffering before she decided to take the plunge and got a sex change. Gender identity disorder is a widely accepted condition, and because of this I feel having a sex change and becoming a "transgender" can be considered treatment for this condition. I'm sure you'd agree making fun of people for having some disorder is unacceptable, so why make the exception in this case? As for the whole he/she/it debate -- Why not just use the pronoun which the person likes to be referred to by? Do people really feel so strongly about this issue that they're willing to upset people over it? I'm all for speaking my mind regardless of who's feelings I hurt (as long as I believe I'm right), but this seems like such a petty issue that it's simply not worth all the angst it causes.

Pretty sure  anything can be made fun of, being offended isn't enough to get you a sympathy card in my book.

samhankins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 samhankins
Member since 2004 • 29 Posts

Finally, someone who gets it! I'm sick of people thinking they can walk around without being hounded by bigots! And another thing, if women wouldn't wear those sexy clothes, then they wouldn't get raped.  See?  They should know better than to put themselves in the position to be raped by, like, you know, going to bars and whatnot, wearing those short skirst. What do they expect?

OrkHammer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#94 OrkHammer007
Member since 2006 • 4753 Posts

She says she wants to be considered a woman, so she's a womanbonesawisready5
Is THAT how it works? Awesome... I want to be considered Eperor of the Earth, so that makes me your ruler. Send me $10,000 now or I'll have you beheaded.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

[QUOTE="bonesawisready5"]She says she wants to be considered a woman, so she's a womanOrkHammer007

Is THAT how it works? Awesome... I want to be considered Eperor of the Earth, so that makes me your ruler. Send me $10,000 now or I'll have you beheaded.

Do you honestly think thats a good comparison?

You really need to grow up.

OrkHammer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 OrkHammer007

[QUOTE="OrkHammer007"]

[QUOTE="bonesawisready5"]She says she wants to be considered a woman, so she's a womantoast_burner

It a perfect response to what he said. Don't like it? I don't f***ing care.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

[QUOTE="toast_burner"]

[QUOTE="OrkHammer007"]Is THAT how it works? Awesome... I want to be considered Eperor of the Earth, so that makes me your ruler. Send me $10,000 now or I'll have you beheaded.

OrkHammer007

No it's a completely illogical and idiotic response. 

OrkHammer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 OrkHammer007

[QUOTE="OrkHammer007"]

[QUOTE="toast_burner"]Do you honestly think thats a good comparison?

toast_burner

...because "you need to grow up" is such a logical and reasonable response, amirite?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

[QUOTE="toast_burner"]

[QUOTE="OrkHammer007"]It a perfect response to what he said. Don't like it? I don't f***ing care.

OrkHammer007

...because "you need to grow up" is such a logical and reasonable response, amirite?

It's still a far better response than the crap you're saying. 

I've wasted enough time on you. 

Gamefan1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Gamefan1986
Member since 2005 • 1325 Posts

Not to sound insensitive or offensive, but I just don't understand how a person can walk around wearing a rainbow wig and animal ears and NOT expect to get treated like a freak.

And I'm sorry but the pronoun "she" is used to refer to a woman and a woman only. It has nothing to do with how you feel or what you think you should have been born as, it has to do with reality. If you're born a male, you're a male, if you're born a female, you are a female, that's just the way it is.

I'm getting tired of this PC bullcrap that is overtaking our society where we are not allowed to call a spade a spade. I would refer to a transgender person as an "it" to, but not out of malice, just because I have respect for reality. If a "he" is one thing and a "she" is the complete opposite thing, what the hell else are you supposed to call someone who has characteristics and features of both, most of the time on purpose?