GSN::X1 Presenter Humiliated Me on Stage, Says Transgender Journalist.

• 101 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Jakandsigz
Member since 2013 • 6341 Posts
Moved to OP as commanded.

This A transgender video game journalist was left humiliated at a presentation for Microsoft's latest games console after the presenter made 'degrading' comments about her gender on stage. Laura Kate Dale, a contributor for gaming site Destructoid, was at the event covering Microsoft's upcoming Xbox One system, which took place at the Eurogamer Expo in Earl's Court, London. However, she was left 'completely dehumanised' after being invited on stage and receiving transphobic comments from Fraser Millward, a comedian hired for the event. Expressing her disgust on Twitter, Dale wrote: 'Most embarrassing moment of Eurogamer. Pulled up on stage for XB1 thing and called male twice and "it" twice. 'I was "he", "it". "Thing" and "this one". I was on stage and they still insist "we need a woman on stage, any women here". 'Hope someone from Microsoft sees this. Your presenter made completely dehumanised me in front of an audience. Ruined my Eurogamer... Shows me for trying to take part and have fun like everyone else.' Dale later attempted to get an apology from the Microsoft staff on site. However, they refused to give her any details and could only 'apologise for any offence caused'. Speaking on this, Dale said: 'People at the stage "apologise that I was upset by his comments". Refused to bring him out for me to talk to... Refused to give full name, refused to apologise for his actual actions. 'This is why I regularly consider dropping out of this industry.' After tweeting her experiences, Dale received further abuse from gamers over Twitter, which she shared with her followers as an example of transphobia she faces as a trans gamer.

Leave it to her to spin it into a MS thing, or the fact she went on their trying to get attention. Also leave it to Kotaku(lol) to spin it in the way of the victim because Kotaku was probably paid. Then there is the fact...it's not only the fact she spun this to be a corporation thing and threw herself in it in the first place, but she made a ton of these which makes her seem like she is trying to cause a bigger issue than what this Person threw themselves into in the first place. Especially by a comedian:

Laura Kate Dale @LaurakBuzz Hope someone from Microsoft sees this. Your presenter made completely dehumanised me in front of an audience. Ruined my Eurogamer.

:

Laura Kate Dale @LaurakBuzz Shows me for trying to take part and have fun like everyone else.

:

Laura Kate Dale @LaurakBuzz Believe presenter is @frasermillward.

:

Laura Kate Dale @LaurakBuzz Screw not naming and shaming. I'm fed up of not naming these people.

:

Laura Kate Dale @LaurakBuzz People at the stage "appologise that I was upset by his comments". Refused to bring him out for me to talk to.

:

Laura Kate Dale @LaurakBuzz Refused to give full name, refused to appologise for his actual actions.

WTF is this? I guess we all have to go sue comedy central now for having comedians that make fun of every race and religion because somehow her going overboard on something she caused deserves special "attention" for no reason. Not to mention spinning it so that there are articles blaming MS solely for a comedian external contractor. Also funny how GSN is reporting this when this is completely unrelated to them technically but eh. Some reason we always got to make a special case for certain people for no reason.
br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts

The court jester was the only person allowed to make fun of the king without fear of reprisal.

Some people need to think a moment about why that was so.

bobaban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 bobaban
Member since 2005 • 10560 Posts
That's a guy, not a women, I don't see a problem.
Stesilaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Stesilaus
Member since 2007 • 4999 Posts

The court jester was the only person allowed to make fun of the king without fear of reprisal.

Some people need to think a moment about why that was so.

br0kenrabbit

Yeah, but I bet Fraser Millward wasn't poking fun at Steve Ballmer.  :|

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts
The presenter says she's making 90% of the story up: Ricky Mensah, Event Manager for Microsoft, apologised for any offence caused by the stage show, before introducing us to the show presenter, Fraser Millward. In a short discussion with Mr. Millward, we showed him the accusatory tweets and asked for his response to the whole situation. Mr. Millward stated that he agreed that he referred to Miss Dale as "this person" as with all the furore of dealing with 350 or so baying fans and trying to run a stage show, he didn't instantly recognise her gender. He states that "I should have said 'this person' and then gone on to the next person and also referred to them as 'this person' so as not to cause offence, but I was thinking on my feet. I wouldn't do the same thing again." In direct response to the following tweet, though, Mr. Millward was a little more defensive in his comments. "Staff apologised to her, but every single part of the first sentence of that tweet is made up. We called for more women so as to balance things up as there were mostly male gamers on stage, yes. There are ways of complaining in a mature way, but this is inflammatory and slanderous. 350 witnesses saw that this did not happen and that I didn't say those things. I would like to speak to her face to face to sort this out, but she's taken to Twitter and now I'm getting hundreds of tweets per minute." We asked what could have sparked these claims if this indeed did not happen, Mr. Millward said that "I referred to her as 'this person', at which point some of the crowd laughed. I should have diffused that situation, but I think that is what's caused this to happen. I did not refer to the woman as 'thing' or 'it' at any point." Miss Dale claims that Microsoft's security staff prevented her from speaking to Mr. Millward, which Mr. Millward claims he was not aware of.
Masculus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Masculus
Member since 2009 • 2878 Posts

There seens to be a lot of PC fever going on in the industry. I wonder why.

There were tons of witness, not one so called "journalist" bothered to interview any of them.

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Pirate700
Member since 2008 • 46465 Posts

Was this person on stage with neon-rainbow hair and animal ears on their head?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

The presenter says she's making 90% of the story up: Ricky Mensah, Event Manager for Microsoft, apologised for any offence caused by the stage show, before introducing us to the show presenter, Fraser Millward. In a short discussion with Mr. Millward, we showed him the accusatory tweets and asked for his response to the whole situation. Mr. Millward stated that he agreed that he referred to Miss Dale as "this person" as with all the furore of dealing with 350 or so baying fans and trying to run a stage show, he didn't instantly recognise her gender. He states that "I should have said 'this person' and then gone on to the next person and also referred to them as 'this person' so as not to cause offence, but I was thinking on my feet. I wouldn't do the same thing again." In direct response to the following tweet, though, Mr. Millward was a little more defensive in his comments. "Staff apologised to her, but every single part of the first sentence of that tweet is made up. We called for more women so as to balance things up as there were mostly male gamers on stage, yes. There are ways of complaining in a mature way, but this is inflammatory and slanderous. 350 witnesses saw that this did not happen and that I didn't say those things. I would like to speak to her face to face to sort this out, but she's taken to Twitter and now I'm getting hundreds of tweets per minute." We asked what could have sparked these claims if this indeed did not happen, Mr. Millward said that "I referred to her as 'this person', at which point some of the crowd laughed. I should have diffused that situation, but I think that is what's caused this to happen. I did not refer to the woman as 'thing' or 'it' at any point." Miss Dale claims that Microsoft's security staff prevented her from speaking to Mr. Millward, which Mr. Millward claims he was not aware of.Ninja-Hippo

It would help if there was some video of this event.  But it sounds like he didn't mean to be offensive, and this person is blowing things way out of proportions

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ninja-Hippo

Pirate700
And then gets mad because people cant tell what gender she is. :|
Avatar image for Jolt_counter119
Jolt_counter119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Jolt_counter119
Member since 2010 • 4226 Posts

I personally think that every person should have the right to not be physically harmed, and the right to have an opportunity for success, but I don't think that anyone has the right to not be offended. PC for the lose.

Djmaster214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Djmaster214
Member since 2005 • 3240 Posts

I personally think that every person should have the right to not be physically harmed, and the right to have an opportunity for success, but I don't think that anyone has the right to not be offended. PC for the lose.

Jolt_counter119
exactly, if you were born a man no matter what you do your going to be a damn man for the rest of your life. It would also help if he didnt look like a guy who just put a bra on
Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts

I don't get it, MS made a huge mistake by hiring this comedian. They aren't blameless by any means. It is offensive by all means. Obviously this isn't a Microsoft thing per say but they played a role in it. all they have to do is apologize and say they will never hire that person again. Its not like making fun of her is even funny. If you can laugh at someone being called "it" for being different then something is wrong with you.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 lostrib

I don't get it, MS made a huge mistake by hiring this comedian. They aren't blameless by any means. It is offensive by all means. Obviously this isn't a Microsoft thing per say but they played a role in it. all they have to do is apologize and say they will never hire that person again. Its not like making fun of her is even funny. If you can laugh at someone being called "it" for being different then something is wrong with you.

bonesawisready5

If take everything she tweets as fact.  From the comedian, it sounds like he made one slip up, not a whole show of insulting her for being transgender.

It would help if there was video 

Gama_Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Gama_Forever
Member since 2004 • 2645 Posts

Listen, I'm all game for equality. I'm all game for everyone being treated with respect and all that great yummy cuddly stuff. But, let's be real here. She volunteered to be on stage via a query at a comedy show, shows notorious for making fun of people. In fact, I would argue that every comedy show makes fun of somebody. Every single one. She responded to a query about gender, which is obviously the most important thing to her. I've listened to Carolyn (GS) on the podcast because I enjoy said podcast and she talks about women and feminism a lot (which is cool- i think we could use more of that). She volunteered to be a part of a situation that may have harmed her, she knew that. Everyone who volunteers for anything at a comedy show, especially to be on-stage, knows they are going to be verbally abused. It is honest-to-God common sense. Furthermore, she had rainbow hair, probably dressed somewhat gender-neutral (from what I can tell on the Twitter pic) and the guy had no idea who she was. He probably didn't want to get to know anyone, let's be honest, it's a show of 100 something people he'll never see again, so yeah, he used the terms "this person". It makes logical sense. But you know what, I'll give that to you, maybe he knew consciously that this person was transgender. 

When you volunteer to be the center of attention based upon a query about gender, a topic you care deeply for and have defended on numerous occasions as she explicitly stated in her Twitter Timeline, you know you are going to get into a crummy situation. 

I hope there is resolution and I hope things get better for her in the long run. But maybe next time, if you don't want to be the victim of something, you won't put yourself into a situation where you can be victimized. It's common sense. If I go down a bad street alone at night and someone harasses me or mugs me, who's fault is that? Can I blame the city? Will they issue me an apology? No, I'll just learn from my lesson. More grounded: If I write something about religion on this Off-Topic forum or even out in person, should I expect everyone be respectful of me and my opinions? No, they don't know me. 

Again, I just wanted to reiterate that I am totally okay with transgender individuals. That whole group- you guys do you. I honestly don't care. But most people, even the ones who respect you and all your decisions, will avoid being around you because of things like this, playing the victim whenever you can. Nobody wants the stress of having to consistently moderate everything you say. 

bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 bonesawisready5

[QUOTE="Jolt_counter119"]

Djmaster214

exactly, if you were born a man no matter what you do your going to be a damn man for the rest of your life. It would also help if he didnt look like a guy who just put a bra on

She's a woman. Understand that please. It isn't a hard thing to do. She says she wants to be considered a woman, so she's a woman. It really isn't hard at all. The "It" comments by the comedian MS hired are entirely stupid and not even funny. Even major comedians who go out of their way to make offensive jokes like Daniel Tosh would come up with more witty transgender jokes. This is literally the same thing as pointing at a black person on stage and saying "that's a N word" and laughing at him/her.

bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 bonesawisready5

Listen, I'm all game for equality. I'm all game for everyone being treated with respect and all that great yummy cuddly stuff. But, let's be real here. She volunteered to be on stage via a query at a comedy show, shows notorious for making fun of people. In fact, I would argue that every comedy show makes fun of somebody. Every single one. She responded to a query about gender, which is obviously the most important thing to her. I've listened to Carolyn (GS) on the podcast because I enjoy said podcast and she talks about women and feminism a lot (which is cool- i think we could use more of that). She volunteered to be a part of a situation that may have harmed her, she knew that. Everyone who volunteers for anything at a comedy show, especially to be on-stage, knows they are going to be verbally abused. It is honest-to-God common sense. Furthermore, she had rainbow hair, probably dressed somewhat gender-neutral (from what I can tell on the Twitter pic) and the guy had no idea who she was. He probably didn't want to get to know anyone, let's be honest, it's a show of 100 something people he'll never see again, so yeah, he used the terms "this person". It makes logical sense. But you know what, I'll give that to you, maybe he knew consciously that this person was transgender. 

When you volunteer to be the center of attention based upon a query about gender, a topic you care deeply for and have defended on numerous occasions as she explicitly stated in her Twitter Timeline, you know you are going to get into a crummy situation. 

I hope there is resolution and I hope things get better for her in the long run. But maybe next time, if you don't want to be the victim of something, you won't put yourself into a situation where you can be victimized. It's common sense. If I go down a bad street alone at night and someone harasses me or mugs me, who's fault is that? Can I blame the city? Will they issue me an apology? No, I'll just learn from my lesson. More grounded: If I write something about religion on this Off-Topic forum or even out in person, should I expect everyone be respectful of me and my opinions? No, they don't know me. 

Again, I just wanted to reiterate that I am totally okay with transgender individuals. That whole group- you guys do you. I honestly don't care. But most people, even the ones who respect you and all your decisions, will avoid being around you because of things like this, playing the victim whenever you can. Nobody wants the stress of having to consistently moderate everything you say. 

Gama_Forever

That doesn't mean that the thing she's volunteering for can't go too far. Calling a person an "it" isn't even funny or smart. Better comedians can make humor about that stuff without resorting to hick-level humor of "hey look at that person they're different lol lulz!" 

The comedian could have at least made a few jokes at the expense of people who are against transgender individuals to even it out. 

bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 bonesawisready5

Pirate700

Wouldn't matter if she was.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 lostrib

[QUOTE="Djmaster214"][QUOTE="Jolt_counter119"]

bonesawisready5

She's a woman. Understand that please. It isn't a hard thing to do. She says she wants to be considered a woman, so she's a woman. It really isn't hard at all. The "It" comments by the comedian MS hired are entirely stupid and not even funny. Even major comedians who go out of their way to make offensive jokes like Daniel Tosh would come up with more witty transgender jokes. This is literally the same thing as pointing at a black person on stage and saying "that's a N word" and laughing at him/her.

any evidence he called her it?  he admits that he made a mistake by calling her "this person"

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 lostrib

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

bonesawisready5

it would make it a lot more difficult to tell her gender. It could have been a man dressed as a female character, not neccessarily a transgendered person.

Gama_Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Gama_Forever

bonesawisready5

It honestly just seems like things were going really fast and he couldn't tell based on clothes and physical attributes, what gender she was. It happens at these trade shows because everyone is cosplaying and everyone is so liberal in these places. What this was not and you guys NEED to understand this: The situation was not Hi I'm Mr. Comedian. I need a girl on stage. Hey, I'm going to pick this thing right here. It looks really weird. I know you're a transgender so I'm going to insult you! I know everything about you and my goal on stage is to make your life decisions terrible! Like I said before, she probably wasn't a focus, the bit probably lasted 30 seconds, and it was probably not intentional as she even considered earlier.
cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#22 cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

If he was really being such a jackass, I would've called him a piece of shit and walked off stage.

Stesilaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Stesilaus
Member since 2007 • 4999 Posts

This sort of incident would never happen at a Sony event.  :x

Gama_Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Gama_Forever

Also, if she was wearing ears and rainbow hair, he probably made a joke about that. I would probably highlight the fact that this is a trade show and this person is dressed like an elf or a magical animal too by calling the person it. We need context. As of right now everyone assumes this person was dressed like normal, got randomly picked by this guy, and this guy berated her for an hour. 

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Jakandsigz
Member since 2013 • 6341 Posts

bonesawisready5

Not if you call people by their sex or their birth certificate/ Many people do the former, most agencies do the latter. Also, there is a claim she made most of it up. I think it goes both ways, mainly toward here because she sounds like she is pushing an agenda.
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Pirate700
Member since 2008 • 46465 Posts

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

bonesawisready5

It does if one wants to be taken half way seriously. I don't care if you're man, woman or anything in between. You can't have rainbow hair and animal ears and expect people to take you seriously.

Gama_Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Gama_Forever
[QUOTE="bonesawisready5"]

[QUOTE="Djmaster214"] exactly, if you were born a man no matter what you do your going to be a damn man for the rest of your life. It would also help if he didnt look like a guy who just put a bra onJakandsigz

Not if you call people by their sex or their birth certificate/ Many people do the former, most agencies do the latter. Also, there is a claim she made most of it up. I think it goes both ways, mainly toward here because she sounds like she is pushing an agenda.

Even if she wasn't pushing an agenda, what can honestly be done about the situation? Fire the temporary guy who was hired for that one act and apologize as the company in charge of the event? He's going to be perfectly fine after this incident. In fact, this girl is going to give him another few gigs for blowing this up. If this gains steam on IGN or GameSpot or any other big news sites, this guy could be booked for a while. Tosh makes a living off of being an arrogant dude. She's not going to get any monetary compensation. All she's really going to get is attention for being the victim. Honestly, I've played the victim before. Heck, we all have. That's not a win. The better way to approach the situation is to brush it off. Now, she has to relive the situation for another week and feel bad for the whole week for what was probably a one minute segment.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

Man whats up with gaming journalism lately? this is the second transgendered person I've heard of in a months time.
I personally blame Anita Sarkessian.

Gama_Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Gama_Forever

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

Pirate700

It does if one wants to be taken half way seriously. I don't care if you're man, woman or anything in between. You can't have rainbow hair and animal ears and expect people to take you seriously.

Exactly.
CJL13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#30 CJL13
Member since 2005 • 19137 Posts

Yet another site trying to get hits by portraying gamers as sexist males.

Gama_Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Gama_Forever

Yet another site trying to get hits by portraying gamers as sexist males.

CJL13
You missed the point completely.
Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

thats hilarious

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#33 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

lol, "journalist".  That term should be used loosely here.

As for transgender, I am not sure how old the concept is, but it seems to be pretty new as far as society is concerned, people need to be less militant about it.

I understand about getting offended, but nobody thinks clearly in the heat of the moment.  So calm down, reassess things, and don't go crying to twitter and your so-called "followers"

jamejame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 jamejame
Member since 2005 • 10634 Posts
I'm just going to leave this here. Pretty much sums up my thoughts on political correctness. Photo
LordQuorthon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 LordQuorthon
Member since 2008 • 5803 Posts

Well, it's the kind of crap they have to do sell their Call of Duty machines to Republicans, fratboys and other assorted types of brogamers. 

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts
Oh well.
Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#37 deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

She looks like she belongs at a Brony covention, given the Rainbow Dash hair and all.

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#38 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

Pirate700

this may be why my job interviews never go well.
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Ninja-Hippo
She's getting called out as a liar left right and centre on twitter. One of her most recent tweets said she'd asked Kotaku to take the story down and they refused; they immediately re-tweeted that nobody on their staff have had any contact from her at all. Sounds like an idiot who got more attention than they expected to be honest. I find all the utterly unnecessary hate comments she's getting just as annoying as the 'BE BRAVE! NO TO HATE SPEECH!" comments, when it looks an awful lot like this guy didn't do much of anything wrong at all.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#40 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
This seems like attention whore behaviour.
CJL13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 CJL13

She's getting called out as a liar left right and centre on twitter. One of her most recent tweets said she'd asked Kotaku to take the story down and they refused; they immediately re-tweeted that nobody on their staff have had any contact from her at all. Sounds like an idiot who got more attention than they expected to be honest. I find all the utterly unnecessary hate comments she's getting just as annoying as the 'BE BRAVE! NO TO HATE SPEECH!" comments, when it looks an awful lot like this guy didn't do much of anything wrong at all.Ninja-Hippo

Kotaku publishing a story with no facts to back it up? SHOCKING!

Gama_Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Gama_Forever
[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"]She's getting called out as a liar left right and centre on twitter. One of her most recent tweets said she'd asked Kotaku to take the story down and they refused; they immediately re-tweeted that nobody on their staff have had any contact from her at all. Sounds like an idiot who got more attention than they expected to be honest. I find all the utterly unnecessary hate comments she's getting just as annoying as the 'BE BRAVE! NO TO HATE SPEECH!" comments, when it looks an awful lot like this guy didn't do much of anything wrong at all.

What I think it was and stand by this is that some guy made a small 5 second gaffe on the stage she volunteered to be on. She got upset. She went to twitter because she is antisocial/shy. I am too, I know how it is. She went to twitter to get out her rage and to validate its importance by saying it was a Microsoft Event. When people started questioning her, she had to come clean about some things like it was a comedian, not a Microsoft representative. So, now what it seems like is that somebody made fun of her and she called him out by name on it on the internet. In other words, she whined like every 5 year old being bullied in school. That's what happened. Microsoft doesn't need to comment nor does Eurogamer. This is a non-issue that she escalated. If you look at the thread where the author of the Kotaku article is telling her that she never messaged him, she said something along the lines of "I thought I did! Maybe I never got around to it!" After she vehemently stated she specifically told them to not post it. She then posts some concessions at the end saying "oh i'm getting offline, go away internet, I didn't want any of this to happen, both sides lose if we make it a big thing, blah blah blah". In other words, she messed up big time. And honestly, this guy Fraser wins by not saying anything. He literally wins by making the whole thing a non-issue. And she loses. Why? There's not one person who will treat her as a serious journalist when she's more focused on playing the victim than getting the news people want to hear. I'm sorry that not everyone treats you with respect, but nobody has to interview with you. Nobody will interview with someone in the media who is not traditional (sorry but your life is not traditional and that's a fact) and overly sensitive about trivial matters. You can't name drop someone in an interview on Twitter. That is a violation of serious policy. I know, I did the ethics regulations tests. Those things will hurt her in the end. And, it's all on the internet so it will stick. So, maybe transgenders don't get jobs as much as other people but transgenders who violate traditional ethics regulations trying to get a journalism job will never get one.
Mcspanky37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Mcspanky37
Member since 2010 • 1693 Posts

Are people supposed to look at her and automatically know what she's trying to be? What if they just genuinely had no idea what to refer to her as...? For all they knew, it could be just a gay guy...

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts
Are people supposed to look at her and automatically know what she's trying to be? What if they just genuinely had no idea what to refer to her as...? For all they knew, it could be a girl trying to be a guy.Mcspanky37
Why does the guy in your sig have a dented head?
Mcspanky37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Mcspanky37
Member since 2010 • 1693 Posts
[QUOTE="Mcspanky37"]Are people supposed to look at her and automatically know what she's trying to be? What if they just genuinely had no idea what to refer to her as...? For all they knew, it could be a girl trying to be a guy.LJS9502_basic
Why does the guy in your sig have a dented head?

It's a mask of Walter White's head.
jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

The trans should just grow a thick skin and move on. That or stopped the comedian right there and then. If I thought someone was making fun of me, I'd say, "Whoa, whoa, whoa. Stop!"

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#48 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

It's a pony.

Amidoinitrite?

CJL13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 CJL13

Sony would never offend a tranny... that person should go out and buy a ps4!!jeremiah06

But they don't show women/transgenders at all, why? CAUSE THEY'RE SEXIST!!!!!!! [/sarcasm]

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#50 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts
[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"]She's getting called out as a liar left right and centre on twitter. One of her most recent tweets said she'd asked Kotaku to take the story down and they refused; they immediately re-tweeted that nobody on their staff have had any contact from her at all. Sounds like an idiot who got more attention than they expected to be honest. I find all the utterly unnecessary hate comments she's getting just as annoying as the 'BE BRAVE! NO TO HATE SPEECH!" comments, when it looks an awful lot like this guy didn't do much of anything wrong at all.

She could potentially get hit with a libel or slander suit. You can express your opinion, but you cant make up false facts and then accuse people of being "transphobic".