Greatest Nation on Earth to ever exist?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for swizz-the-gamer
swizz-the-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#451 swizz-the-gamer
Member since 2005 • 8801 Posts

[QUOTE="swizz-the-gamer"] Is that all you can say? Seems to be your only defense for America.
The_Ish

I never made that defense. Pay attention to my posting history. You also missed the point. As always.

Either you or another one of the million blindly patriotic Americans on this site.
The_Ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#452 The_Ish
Member since 2006 • 13913 Posts

Either you or another one of the million blindly patriotic Americans on this site.
swizz-the-gamer

Nice insult and gross exaggeration. You're really helping your (lack of) arguments out here.

krakhore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#453 krakhore
Member since 2008 • 67 Posts

since we are all the same doesnt it make us all the greatest nation on earth to ever exist, isnt it rasict to say 1 nation is better than others wasnt that the nazi philosphy?

swizz-the-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#454 swizz-the-gamer

[QUOTE="swizz-the-gamer"] Either you or another one of the million blindly patriotic Americans on this site.
The_Ish

Nice insult and gross exaggeration. You're really helping your (lack of) arguments out here.

My lack of arguments? I don't support any country that sells weapons to third world countries. Simple as that, and please don't be so naive to think the American goverment has nothing to do with it.
krakhore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#455 krakhore

[QUOTE="swizz-the-gamer"] Either you or another one of the million blindly patriotic Americans on this site.
The_Ish

no but they are right i wouldnt say its a gross exaggeration, its easy to say americas the greatest nation ever but wheres the evidence to back it up?
X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#456 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
Aztec Empire, Hails -l-
The_Ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#457 The_Ish
[QUOTE="The_Ish"]

swizz-the-gamer

My lack of arguments? I don't support any country that sells weapons to third world countries. Simple as that, and please don't be so naive to think the American goverment has nothing to do with it.

Then there is no point to post in here, unless you need to take a jab at the US specifically. Which would be trolling, even if you claim that a lot of Americans are posting the US as their choice. In fact, that would mean you were specifically trying to troll.

there are plenty of others here who have named their own nations as the greatest nation in the world. The fact that you're in an American site, with largely American users, who are part of a country with over 300 million Americans in it, shows you're ignorance. Of course more Americans will name their country in an American site. What, did you expect this to be different if this website was part of a different nation?

The_Ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#458 The_Ish

no but they are right i wouldnt say its a gross exaggeration, its easy to say americas the greatest nation ever but wheres the evidence to back it up?krakhore

Industrialization of cars, industrialization of planes, refining the turbine engine, the most medical advancements out of any country in the past 100 years, some of the best post-secondary schools in the world, nuclear power, computers, one of the strongest and biggest economies in the world, breaking the sound barrier, the Internet, the most advanced space programs...I could keep going on, in more detail, if you like. You'd be incredibly ignorant to think the US hasn't contributed more to the world more in the last century than any other nation.

swizz-the-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#459 swizz-the-gamer
[QUOTE="swizz-the-gamer"][QUOTE="The_Ish"]

The_Ish

Then there is no point to post in here, unless you need to take a jab at the US specifically. Which would be trolling, even if you claim that a lot of Americans are posting the US as their choice. In fact, that would mean you were specifically trying to troll.

there are plenty of others here who have named their own nations as the greatest nation in the world. The fact that you're in an American site, with largely American users, who are part of a country with over 300 million Americans in it, shows you're ignorance. Of course more Americans will name their country in an American site. What, did you expect this to be different if this website was part of a different nation?

God dam I'm sorry man. I honestly feel awful. Please from now on ignore my ignorant offensive posts, or atleast don't comment on every single one.
swizz-the-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#460 swizz-the-gamer

[QUOTE="krakhore"]no but they are right i wouldnt say its a gross exaggeration, its easy to say americas the greatest nation ever but wheres the evidence to back it up?The_Ish

Industrialization of cars, industrialization of planes, refining the turbine engine, the most medical advancements out of any country in the past 100 years, some of the best post-secondary schools in the world, nuclear power, computers, one of the strongest and biggest economies in the world, breaking the sound barrier, the Internet, the most advanced space programs...I could keep going on, in more detail, if you like. You'd be incredibly ignorant to think the US hasn't contributed more to the world more in the last century than any other nation.

People who happen to live on the giant bit of dirt named America have made great discoveries and changed the world. That does not mean the government can do what it wants.
The_Ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#461 The_Ish

People who happen to live on the giant bit of dirt named America have made great discoveries and changed the world. That does not mean the government can do what it wants.
swizz-the-gamer

Where did I imply that? Or are you projecting slide-shows out of habit?

krakhore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#462 krakhore

[QUOTE="krakhore"]no but they are right i wouldnt say its a gross exaggeration, its easy to say americas the greatest nation ever but wheres the evidence to back it up?The_Ish

ermm computers that was turing an english man i combustion engine and jet engine erm british who revolutionised industry i think that was actually britian some of the best secondary schools in the world where u learn that lol nuclear power erm british russian italian manhatten project came after britians advancements in atomic theory i would say antibiotics and vacinations are the most important medical break thrus and gues wot they were made by the british and as i said before americas economy isnt that strong i think u are the ignorant 1 as most american advancments came from british advancements
Avatar image for super_mario_128
super_mario_128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#463 super_mario_128
Member since 2006 • 23884 Posts
[QUOTE="The_Ish"]

[QUOTE="krakhore"]no but they are right i wouldnt say its a gross exaggeration, its easy to say americas the greatest nation ever but wheres the evidence to back it up?krakhore

ermm computers that was turing an english man i combustion engine and jet engine erm british who revolutionised industry i think that was actually britian some of the best secondary schools in the world where u learn that lol nuclear power erm british russian italian manhatten project came after britians advancements in atomic theory i would say antibiotics and vacinations are the most important medical break thrus and gues wot they were made by the british and as i said before americas economy isnt that strong i think u are the ignorant 1 as most american advancments came from british advancements

My first thoughts are "Grammar" and "Punctuation". I was interested to read your rebuttal, but I can't, since the lack of Grammar and Punctuation makes it unreadable. :?

swizz-the-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#464 swizz-the-gamer

[QUOTE="swizz-the-gamer"] People who happen to live on the giant bit of dirt named America have made great discoveries and changed the world. That does not mean the government can do what it wants.
The_Ish

Where did I imply that? Or are you projecting slide-shows out of habit?

You think England is a great nation because it had made great discoveries am I right? I think the constitution is great, I think America has a great quality of life and most of the Americans i've met in real life are nice people. I just have a large problem with corruption, captalism and war crimes.
Avatar image for deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
deactivated-5901ac91d8e33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#465 deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
Member since 2004 • 17092 Posts

Well, that doesn't necessarily = great nation. A great nation to me, is one that can take care of it's own citizens whilst not hurting those of other nations...directly or indirectly. But the mentioned perspective is of course subjective...

krakhore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#466 krakhore
not only is britian a leading country in science but also art, some of the finest poets and witers hail from britian and weve had a few decent painters also, only decent american writer t s elliot who actually left america to become a british citizen lol
swizz-the-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#467 swizz-the-gamer
not only is britian a leading country in science but also art, some of the finest poets and witers hail from britian and weve had a few decent painters also, only decent american writer t s elliot who actually left america to become a british citizen lolkrakhore
Wow that is ignorant.
krakhore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#468 krakhore
smart comment super mario but u really dont need a masters degree to understand what ive wrote, if u are having trouble i suggest u get some english lessons btw if u gonna slate my grammer atleast get urs right
krakhore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#469 krakhore
[QUOTE="krakhore"]not only is britian a leading country in science but also art, some of the finest poets and witers hail from britian and weve had a few decent painters also, only decent american writer t s elliot who actually left america to become a british citizen lolswizz-the-gamer
Wow that is ignorant.

how so? all im saying it takes more than scientific breakthrus to make ur country the greatest britian as well as other european countries have had probably the best artist writers and painters in the western world
The_Ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#470 The_Ish

ermm computers that was turing an english man

No. Completely wrong.

i combustion engine and jet engine erm british

Wrong again. I never mentioned the combustion engine, which was not created by the British anyways (some other people), and I also never mentioned the jet engine, which has been around for far longer than Britain itself has. I specifically said the US refined the turbo engine. Which it did.

who revolutionised industry i think that was actually britian

Hurray for reading comprehension! I said the US industrialized planes and automobiles before anyone else, and they did. You might also be interested to know that the US actually did revolutionalize industrialization when the Ford company implemented their factory concepts into making the Model T Ford, the first industrialized car. Hurray for historical knowledge too, I guess.

some of the best secondary schools in the world where u learn that lol nuclear power erm british russian italian

Yes, go check on google, and look at the top post-secondary schools in the world.

manhatten project came after britians advancements in atomic theory

No, it came 100 years after someone thought up atomic theory. And besides, your point is irrelevent. It's like saying "The Muslims thought up Algebra, which made further mathematical advances later on useless, so they are useless and insignificant!". The argument is devoid of thought, intelligence, or context, and labels any progress in anything insignificant because "someone else made the foundation or you could not have done that without this person".

i would say antibiotics and vacinations are the most important medical break thrus and gues wot they were made by the british and as i said before

I said in the last century, and guess what, both were Chinese inventions.It was the Germans who made it a science. ;)

americas economy isnt that strong

It is one of the strongest economies in the world, the second largest after the entire EU.Recessions happen all the time, and the effects the one the US is suffering from now is grossly exaggerated.

i think u are the ignorant 1 as most american advancments came from british advancements

Check my 5th response. :lol:

krakhore

krakhore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#471 krakhore
the ish u are so missinformed but then that happens alot in america
swizz-the-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#472 swizz-the-gamer
[QUOTE="swizz-the-gamer"][QUOTE="krakhore"]not only is britian a leading country in science but also art, some of the finest poets and witers hail from britian and weve had a few decent painters also, only decent american writer t s elliot who actually left america to become a british citizen lolkrakhore
Wow that is ignorant.

how so? all im saying it takes more than scientific breakthrus to make ur country the greatest britian as well as other european countries have had probably the best artist writers and painters in the western world

I'm English/Canadian. I'm not arguing that we have great writers, but so does America.
The_Ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#473 The_Ish

the ish u are so missinformed but then that happens alot in americakrakhore

I guess thats all you can say after being corrected.

swizz-the-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#474 swizz-the-gamer

[QUOTE="krakhore"]the ish u are so missinformed but then that happens alot in americaThe_Ish

Many, many major scientific breakthroughs have been made outside of America. America is a large rich country, of course it's going to lead the world in scientific research. What do you expect?
krakhore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#475 krakhore
oh ye the jet engine is older than britian erm 1707 ithink england ireland scotland and wales united so the jet engine is over 300 yrs old........ really are u sure and u said america had some of the best secondary schools, obviously urs wasnt and all the other stuff read up u are wrong turing is the father of modern computing alex fleming did discover penicillin. lol jet engine older than britian so funny................
The_Ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#476 The_Ish
[QUOTE="The_Ish"]

[QUOTE="krakhore"]the ish u are so missinformed but then that happens alot in americaswizz-the-gamer

Many, many major scientific breakthroughs have been made outside of America. America is a large rich country, of course it's going to lead the world in scientific research. What do you expect?

What does that have to with my response?

swizz-the-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#477 swizz-the-gamer
As for penicillin, it was discovered in England if I remember correctly but the English government barely funded it and it took a world war to make anyone pay much attention to it. It cost a fortune to produce so it wasn't untill the Americans funded it that it actually made a diffrence.
swizz-the-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#478 swizz-the-gamer
[QUOTE="swizz-the-gamer"][QUOTE="The_Ish"]

[QUOTE="krakhore"]the ish u are so missinformed but then that happens alot in americaThe_Ish

What does that have to with my response?

Hah hah, didn't mean to quote that.
The_Ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#479 The_Ish

oh ye the jet engine is older than britian erm 1707 ithink england ireland scotland and wales united so the jet engine is over 300 yrs old........

Wrong again, the jet engine has been around since the times of Alexander the Great.Let me introduce you to the Aeolipile...

really are u sure and u said america had some of the best secondary schools, obviously urs wasnt

Nice insult there. Insults really do help when you are running out of even invalid arguments. :lol:

and all the other stuff read up u are wrong turing is the father of modern computing

Wrong again. It was a mother, by the way. And she was an American. Go ask any Computer Science major. :lol:

alex fleming did discover penicillin.

That is one antibiotic, not antibiotics in general.

lol jet engine older than britian so funny................

LOL. Fail. :|

krakhore

N0han

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#480 N0han
Member since 2007 • 982 Posts
I guess its the aztecs or whatever its written in english.
Bourbons3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#481 Bourbons3
Member since 2003 • 24238 Posts
There probably isn't one
Sparticus247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#482 Sparticus247
Member since 2005 • 2368 Posts
I'm tempted to say the old British Empire, at least in terms of militart power and world influence. It was pretty darn huge.
EMOEVOLUTION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#483 EMOEVOLUTION
Member since 2008 • 8998 Posts
There is none. For some reasons humans are only interested in ranking things and sitting around talking about what's better than something else. What is it with our obessesion to order everything based on silly ideas?
krakhore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#484 krakhore
charles babbage was the 1st person to conceptualise and design a fully mechanical computer, an english man
krakhore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#485 krakhore
There is none. For some reasons humans are only interested in ranking things and sitting around talking about what's better than something else. What is it with our obessesion to order everything based on silly ideas?EMOEVOLUTION
yes i agree and i still think its racist to say 1 nation is better than all others
fatshodan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#486 fatshodan
Member since 2008 • 2886 Posts

Britain.

We made the African slave trade wholesale and I believe are credited with using the first ever concentration camp during the Boer Wars. Hitler cited Britain while trying to convince his fellows that it was a good idea.

qwerty

Oh and there was all that stuff about spreading democratic government, trade infrastructure and the judicial process to an enormous chunk of the planet as well as (eventually) pioneering the anti-slavery movement by blocking American ships from reaching Africa.

Sparticus247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#487 Sparticus247
Member since 2005 • 2368 Posts

[QUOTE="EMOEVOLUTION"]There is none. For some reasons humans are only interested in ranking things and sitting around talking about what's better than something else. What is it with our obessesion to order everything based on silly ideas?krakhore
yes i agree and i still think its racist to say 1 nation is better than all others

excuse me but exactly how is that racist? It's more like nationalism.

krakhore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#488 krakhore

[QUOTE="krakhore"][QUOTE="EMOEVOLUTION"]There is none. For some reasons humans are only interested in ranking things and sitting around talking about what's better than something else. What is it with our obessesion to order everything based on silly ideas?Sparticus247

excuse me but exactly how is that racist? It's more like nationalism.

ok its not but nationalism isnt far from racism
krakhore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#489 krakhore
its not racist but saying 1 nation is better than others just isnt fair surely all men are equal well in an ideal world, and causing even more division in the world isnt helping when the world need to unite to deal with all our problems
krakhore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#490 krakhore
but id still say britian is the most infuencialnation ever or maybe the sumarian empire
krakhore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#491 krakhore
greatest nation thats GREAT britian
tccavey2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#492 tccavey2
Member since 2007 • 1559 Posts
There have been many great empires and they only build off eachother in greatness. Right now the United States(empire if you will) is without a doubt the greatest..
Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#493 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts
No idea.
howlrunner13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#494 howlrunner13
Member since 2005 • 4408 Posts
The Eskimos of course.
thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#495 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts
Canada.
UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#496 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts
Serbia. If it wasn't for Nikola Tesla none of you would be sitting in front of a computer right now.
duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#497 duxup
Member since 2002 • 43443 Posts
Woah what an old thread.