Greatest music legend of all time is....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Scoob64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Scoob64
Member since 2008 • 2635 Posts

...to me, Michael Jackson... i just can't think of anyone that can compare.... who is, to you, the greatest music legend?

MJ at the 1984 Grammys.

imaps3fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 imaps3fanboy
Member since 2009 • 11169 Posts

Quorthorn

Avatar image for heysharpshooter
heysharpshooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 heysharpshooter
Member since 2009 • 6348 Posts

Bob Dylan

That is all.

DmadFearmonger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 DmadFearmonger
Member since 2009 • 5169 Posts

Steven Wilson of Porcupine Tree

imaps3fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 imaps3fanboy
Good choice ^^
DmadFearmonger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DmadFearmonger
Good choice ^^imaps3fanboy
:)
TheJustin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 TheJustin
Member since 2006 • 2197 Posts

Maybe not the GREATEST, but this man was definitely a music legend

DmadFearmonger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DmadFearmonger

Maybe not the GREATEST, but this man was definitely a music legend

TheJustin

:D

Pvt_r3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Pvt_r3d
Member since 2006 • 7901 Posts
Joe Hisaishi has some really emotional songs.
SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#10 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts
Patrick Stump beats all. And you know it in your hearts.
kan_yeezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 kan_yeezy
Member since 2011 • 78 Posts

i know im gonna get hate for this but.....

Kanye West

go ahead and say hes aggorant, an idiot, blah blah blah just dont deny his musical talent

imaps3fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 imaps3fanboy

Kanye West

go ahead and say hes aggorant, an idiot, blah blah blah just dont deny his musical talent

kan_yeezy
I'm denying his musical talent [spoiler] :D [/spoiler]
Scoob64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 Scoob64
Member since 2008 • 2635 Posts

Kanye West

kan_yeezy

heh, i won't give u hate for this- buti will give u a wtf ;)

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts
Chuck Schuldiner
X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
Tony Iommi
pianist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 pianist
Member since 2003 • 18900 Posts

Beethoven. A relatively rare example of an enormously famous musician who, by virtue of his musical genius and accomplishments alone, actually deserves his fame.

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts
I disagree with Micheal Jackson even though I respect his talent............ I think Kurt Cobain is more of a legend for years.....The impact is strong after he died.....people mourn......get influence and inspire with his music.....however....... when MJ died.... the only people do is celebrate his death by doing "flash-mob" on the street and many other celebrity use his death just to get extra fame for themself. Anyway, at least it's not tupac and notorious b.i.g (a so called legend created by his/their own people and their friends)
X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
OMG Pianist is still alive :o
pianist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 pianist
Member since 2003 • 18900 Posts

OMG Pianist is still alive :oX360PS3AMD05

You know it. ;)

balders1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 balders1982
Member since 2008 • 312 Posts

Robert Johnson for me.

kan_yeezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 kan_yeezy

[QUOTE="kan_yeezy"]

Kanye West

Scoob64

so when people say guys like kurt kobain than thats okay but god forbid i say Kanye West, have u even heard any of his albums? yeah i thought so

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#22 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

[QUOTE="Scoob64"]

[QUOTE="kan_yeezy"]

Kanye West

kan_yeezy

so when people say guys like kurt kobain than thats okay but god forbid i say Kanye West, have u even heard any of his albums? yeah i thought so

"My Dark, beautiful, twisted fantasy" was an amazing musical achievement. Kanye is a talented **** guy. He's also a big jerk.

lonewolf604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 lonewolf604
Member since 2007 • 8747 Posts

Beethoven. A relatively rare example of an enormously famous musician who, by virtue of his musical genius and accomplishments alone, actually deserves his fame.

pianist
I was about to same him too. The guy wasn't exactly a renowned "child prodigy" like Mozart, but he worked hard on his compositions, even through his deafness....I don't know too many musicians who can compose symphonies when they're deaf.
chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 chaplainDMK
Member since 2008 • 7004 Posts

Mike Äkerfeld in my opinion. I just love how the guy can mix death metal, black metal, folk, acoustic, goth, prog rock, prog metal etc. into one. Sure sometimes he overdoes evreything, and sometimes some songs are too long, but overall the guy is a genious in my book.

DmadFearmonger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 DmadFearmonger
I disagree with Micheal Jackson even though I respect his talent............ I think Kurt Cobain is more of a legend for years.....The impact is strong after he died.....people mourn......get influence and inspire with his music.....however....... when MJ died.... the only people do is celebrate his death by doing "flash-mob" on the street and many other celebrity use his death just to get extra fame for themself. Anyway, at least it's not tupac and notorious b.i.g (a so called legend created by his/their own people and their friends)hippiesanta
Kurt Cobain is so over rated...
kan_yeezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 kan_yeezy

[QUOTE="kan_yeezy"]

[QUOTE="Scoob64"]

Shmiity

"My Dark, beautiful, twisted fantasy" was an amazing musical achievement. Kanye is a talented **** guy. He's also a big jerk.

i like that hes a jerk, its entertaining

if anyone questions kanyes musical genius then this whole forum loses credibility

carlandcarl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#27 carlandcarl
Member since 2004 • 1251 Posts

I'd have to go with Bob Marley. Just solid peaceful music that a lot of the time had some pretty convincing deeper meanings in them. And I'm pretty sure everybody knows the lyrics to at least one of his songs, at least the chorus

Gibsonsg527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Gibsonsg527
Member since 2010 • 3313 Posts

Personally I pick Jimi

sonofsmeagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 sonofsmeagle
Member since 2010 • 4317 Posts

I'm going to go with the Late Great Frank Sinatra,

That man accomplished so much both inside and outisde of his music career and was beloved by every1 during his life and has one of the most recognisable voices in history,

Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts
Don't have one.
Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

[QUOTE="Shmiity"]

[QUOTE="kan_yeezy"]so when people say guys like kurt kobain than thats okay but god forbid i say Kanye West, have u even heard any of his albums? yeah i thought so

kan_yeezy

if anyone questions kanyes musical genius then this whole forum loses credibility

Haha funny thing, I find Kanye to be an absolutely horrid "musician" and consider him to be the single most overrated "musician" making music today...

Anyways, I agree with whoever posted Jimi Hendrix. The man is an icon and the major foundation of Rock N' Roll both through his music and the insane lifestyle he lived.

The Beatles and Kurt Cobain would also be acceptable answers here.

kan_yeezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 kan_yeezy

[QUOTE="kan_yeezy"]

[QUOTE="Shmiity"]

LostProphetFLCL

Haha funny thing, I find Kanye to be an absolutely horrid "musician" and consider him to be the single most overrated "musician" making music today...

Anyways, I agree with whoever posted Jimi Hendrix. The man is an icon and the major foundation of Rock N' Roll both through his music and the insane lifestyle he lived.

oh please... youre probably a metal head that hasnt heard a single Kanye West album cover to cover, but has only heard singles like gold digger and stronger. haters gonna hate.

edit: Kanyes best album is better than Nirvanas best album critically

kan_yeezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 kan_yeezy

i hate how this whole forum is so bias towards rock and metal that as soon as someone mentions a hip hop legend than everyone discredits him

DmadFearmonger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DmadFearmonger

[QUOTE="LostProphetFLCL"]

[QUOTE="kan_yeezy"]i like that hes a jerk, its entertaining

kan_yeezy

oh please... youre probably a metal head that hasnt heard a single Kanye West album cover to cover, but has only heard singles like gold digger and stronger. haters gonna hate.

Sorry but Nirvana>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kanye And good music>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Pearl Jam>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nirvana :P
kan_yeezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 kan_yeezy

[QUOTE="kan_yeezy"]

[QUOTE="LostProphetFLCL"]

DmadFearmonger

Sorry but Nirvana>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kanye And good music>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Pearl Jam>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nirvana :P

no, im sorry, but its obvious that you also havnt listened to a single kanye album, and are just judging the individual the way the bias media portray him and not the music he makes

volchcha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 volchcha
Member since 2008 • 150 Posts
The only acceptable answer is Freddie Mercury. I've never met someone who didn't love Queen. Well at least someone who wasn't trying to be an EDGY teenager by hating popular things.
DmadFearmonger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 DmadFearmonger

[QUOTE="DmadFearmonger"][QUOTE="kan_yeezy"]oh please... youre probably a metal head that hasnt heard a single Kanye West album cover to cover, but has only heard singles like gold digger and stronger. haters gonna hate.

kan_yeezy

no, im sorry, but its obvious that you also havnt listened to a single kanye album, and are just judging the individual the way the bias media portray him and not the music he makes

That's because the music he makes is MAINSTREAM HIP-HOP!!! The worst form of a genre where even the good stuff has no true magic in it
DraugenCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#38 DraugenCP
Member since 2006 • 8486 Posts

No, it's Fenriz.

Proof.

DraugenCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#39 DraugenCP
Member since 2006 • 8486 Posts

The only acceptable answer is Freddie Mercury. I've never met someone who didn't love Queen. Well at least someone who wasn't trying to be an EDGY teenager by hating popular things.volchcha

Now that I think about it, you have a point. The only person I know who hates Queen is my father. He's obviously not an EDGY teenager, though. =/

volchcha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 volchcha
Member since 2008 • 150 Posts
[QUOTE="kan_yeezy"]

[QUOTE="DmadFearmonger"]Sorry but Nirvana>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kanye And good music>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Pearl Jam>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nirvana :PDmadFearmonger

That's because the music he makes is MAINSTREAM HIP-HOP!!! The worst form of a genre where even the good stuff has no true magic in it

Kanye is probably the best mainstream artist out there right now. That being said his rapping is very mediocre but he's a good producer.
kan_yeezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 kan_yeezy

[QUOTE="kan_yeezy"]

[QUOTE="DmadFearmonger"]Sorry but Nirvana>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kanye And good music>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Pearl Jam>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nirvana :PDmadFearmonger

please, just stop, youre making yourself look ignorant and silly

kan_yeezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 kan_yeezy

[QUOTE="DmadFearmonger"][QUOTE="kan_yeezy"]no, im sorry, but its obvious that you also havnt listened to a single kanye album, and are just judging the individual the way the bias media portray him and not the music he makes

volchcha

Kanye is probably the best mainstream artist out there right now. That being said his rapping is very mediocre but he's a good producer.

i admit he doesnt have the best skills with a mic but mediocre? hes way above average as a rapper, one of the best producers, a genius at songcrafting and just all around a legend that changed the hip hop scene with every album

GAMESHARQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 GAMESHARQ
Member since 2008 • 5988 Posts
Definitely Michael Jackson. The guy was a total package. He could sing, he could dance, and he could entertain. And even after all the nasty, false rumors that were spread about him, he was still beloved by millions worldwide. Nobody will ever reach the level that Michael did.
DmadFearmonger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 DmadFearmonger

[QUOTE="DmadFearmonger"][QUOTE="kan_yeezy"]no, im sorry, but its obvious that you also havnt listened to a single kanye album, and are just judging the individual the way the bias media portray him and not the music he makes

kan_yeezy

please, just stop, youre making yourself look ignorant and silly

Speak for yourself, Kanye West fan.
noxboxlive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 noxboxlive
Member since 2008 • 5856 Posts

i dont know, freddie mercury? he was a good singer.

Gibsonsg527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Gibsonsg527
Member since 2010 • 3313 Posts

Oh how silly of me, I can't believe I forgot the musical genius Mozart!

bayloski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 bayloski
Member since 2010 • 2707 Posts

I like hip-hop/rap and I'm not a fan of metal at all. I seriously don't think Kanye West should even be considered as a music legend. Probably not even a hip-hop/rap legend. While I'd happily listen to Kanye rather than I dunno Slipknot, Disturbed etc I just don't think he has a place on this list.

I feel we have to look to the past in the spirit of the list. It's a hard one because music has evolved so much due to influences of the past. I think Beethoven was actually a good call. John Lennon, BB King, Hendrix. Any of the "musical greats" of their time could be included.

kan_yeezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 kan_yeezy

I like hip-hop/rap and I'm not a fan of metal at all. I seriously don't think Kanye West should even be considered as a music legend. Probably not even a hip-hop/rap legend. While I'd happily listen to Kanye rather than I dunno Slipknot, Disturbed etc I just don't think he has a place on this list.

I feel we have to look to the past in the spirit of the list. It's a hard one because music has evolved so much due to influences of the past. I think Beethoven was actually a good call. John Lennon, BB King, Hendrix. Any of the "musical greats" of their time could be included.

bayloski

people dont include comtemporary artists like kanye west because time is what makes a legend and in time kanye west will be known as a legend

DmadFearmonger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 DmadFearmonger

[QUOTE="DmadFearmonger"][QUOTE="kan_yeezy"]please, just stop, youre making yourself look ignorant and silly

kan_yeezy

Speak for yourself, Kanye West fan.

you just figured that out now huh? youre a bright one

I figured that out the moment I read your post. Just didn't mention it 'till now. But you didn't come to that conclusion.

I be smarter :P